pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (outdated)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
Patch, Bretonnia and Isabella are out

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

NEW
Update Info -- forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes

>Recent
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

is kill

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873964498
youtube.com/watch?v=625iTKITRoA
youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ROLLAN

damn you niggers fucked up

I was away for 20 mins and you fags cant even create a new thread?

Worship Khorne

this tbqh

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=873964498

My game actually looks good now

What are your top recommended vampire mods, /twg/?

Gelt, Skarsnik or Vlad get

Change-god is best god

Man, I really cannot micro more than 4 units of cavalry in the game.

Any tips for playing Bretonnia?

Lewd Isabella model when?

youtube.com/watch?v=625iTKITRoA
Total war when?

Louen's VO is god-tier.

Wut do? I was sending 3 stacks to break the siege on Ostland on normal and be the Empire's shield. I have Louen and the Lady close by and will arrive next turn and together they would fuck em up if combined, but I don't want to retreat and lose the blessing of the lady plus knights aren't bitches. Alberic and the paladin both are beasts in melee and I put 3 points into the vigor loss reduction, but theres just so fucking many of them especially in the other 3 stacks, although 1 of them is in march stance and tired.

>mfw someone calls me a manlet for the last time

Just back off. The blessing is easy enough to gain back and the vigor loss reduction doesnt actually do that much for you. You'll eventually just burn out

roll

>all cav army
>no anti-infantry shock cav
>no damsels
There's a chance that you can cycle charge them hard enough, but no, you're kinda fucked.

yes. if you're going to heavy micro then don't focus on too many cav and just get elite cav. Make sure you don't leave them in the fight longer than you have to, get the charge bonus and run, Use magic to increase your defense or increase your offense, eithers fine. let your infantry tank the hits. air units are good for this since you can easily win the air and then retreat there if you're worried about ground units.

When doing all cav then you just act pure horse fucker. I deploy in small groups hidden around the map if i can or just a main line far away., Use my air units (my heroes and my pegasus knights) to hit key targets while the damsel heals and buffs them. The mounted yeomen give them support and harass their units, either killing their ranged, their anti-large or their monsters whatever is a good target they can usually overwhelm, only use cav squadrons to try to draw the AI army apart so I can use my air wing to support massive charges on isolated groups of infantry. Once I get a critical mass then I can just charge into their lines from all sides and destroy the rest of their infantry straight up.

I've gotten a new appreciation for the brets. I've always thought they were just inferior backwater mudhutters, but their society is pretty advanced if not somewhat deplorable

Roll
No dirty dorfs pls

You're fucked, but fight it out, your army will retreat, but if you charge quick you might be able to take out that first army before the reinforcements come. You have a ton of anti-large.

>no damsels
what's so special about damsels?

Who would be the LL for the expansion races?

They can use magic.
An army with magic has an advantage over an army with no magic.

Anyone else suddenly started getting warnings about video memory in the loading screen?

The Peasant cap really makes it hard to have a sustainable anvil though.

Remove gobbo.

Rejoice, peasants! For a generous Knight of Bretonnia provides for you!

Magic is amazing.

Not bringing magic to a fight when there's always winds of magic is just wasting a resource.

LIFE
can heal your units and make them more resistant to damage (especially armor piercing damage) both a ranged and a melee variant. Also with some spells that do good damage slow the enemy down and have an added bonus of giving the army a heal.

Heavens
Spells that can buff units as well as some wind/bombardment spells. They can actually be pretty useful but each bombardment has its specific target (comet is to be cast in the large infantry melee blob, preferably on their armored infantry), urranons thunderbolt is for sniping out heavily armored unit (its harder to dodge since it lands faster) and wind blast is good against lightly armored light infantry.

Beast
ranged damage against elite units or large area mob units, and wide area unit buffs that are great to hit your knights with when they charge. also you can summon a manticore.

All magic is useful The magic does nothing stuff is just a meme. Just keep your damsel safe.

>lore of life has a better armor spell than lore of metal
>and it applies as an AoE

OH OK

Gelts +10 to armor factionwide is pretty fucking great though.

Bordeleaux campaign is shit. You're literally forced to just sit there for 20 turns fighting off tiny rebellions.

I can't leave Mousillon for 1 turn without a revolt happening there and no other faction wants to give me military access so I can't just kill the orcs.

Really makes you think

Magic can hurt your own units just like missles can, right?
I'm always afraid to cast near the front lines out of fear that I'll just damage my own units too

>>and it applies as an AoE
no it doesn't

Is anyone else having trouble with the Wood Elves as Bretonnia? Getting to the point where I can attack one of their settlements without any of their armies intervening was hard enough, but now I can't even deal with their freaking garrisons. I can't find any location on the siege maps where they can't cheese me with their forest combat bonus or shoot me to bits with their shitty archer spam. I just want to get this over with so I can move on to the fun part of the campaign against Chaos or Greenskins or whatever.

>Gobbo Archers

Nothing more comfy than bullying a peasant uprising.

pic related

Yes. Aside from vortex spells though, it's kinda hard to deal that much damage through friendly fire.

>mocking the Supreme Patriarch of Based Gold Magic
Someone's getting their bones turned into gold.

why is the fucking AI so shit.

>Join defensive alliance
>forced into war or alliance is gone
>need the alliance for protection
>vamp lords steam through their land straight to mine and take my only town & begin sieging my castle
>allies stand in their bases doing fuck all

for what purpose, they do absolutely nothing
hell I was in a war with another faction and they had a much, much stronger army than me, but did nothing when I sieged his capital, he just stood their watching me siege for 10 turns

What does Tzeentch have for me?

just don't dow on them, or if you are at war, ignore them

You need to have more cav literally half of your army need to be cavalry

I haven't played in awhile. Are the AI agents still completely broken? I'm trying to decide if I should install the mod that prohibits them from getting in my ass every turn.

>faction called "chaos" warriors
>it's the most uniform and boring faction in the setting

what did they mean by this

Warhammer? From what i see ai don't use agents much

>fighting with sharpened shovels

sad

So how do I start the Bretonnian campaign? Do I try to take Marienburg asap or do I like the greenskin tray and attack me over and over?

yeah, Damsels are good because they can provide an AoE magic resistance, but most of the time you want to make sure the are of effect won't hit your own units.

But hit the right unit with the right spell and you can watch the unit evaporate. Its worth it to understand your spells since when used wrong they look useless, but used right they're amazing.

What the fuck do you even do against Elves as Bretonnia? are 2v1's really the only thing to do? That fucking 12 tree unit also just shreds polearms and Squires. And that lord. Dear god the lord.

And what about Chaos? I don't have anything to hole the line well enough against them until cavalry manages to get into the thick of it.

Also, how's this for an army: Lord, Paladin, 3 Squires, 3 Polearms, 2 archers(fire/pox), 2 Grail Knights, 3 Grail Guardians, 2 royal pegasus, 1 royal hippogryph, 2 blessed trebuchet.

Ah sorry, yeah, I'm referring to Warhammer. The AI agents would relentlessly assassinate generals and block armies without failure when I last played (like last year). Was just curious if CA had balanced them to not be as annoying.

they were toned down but its still worth while to have an assassin character to kill the chaos agents the will appear in force.

My cav heavy armies have been doing even worse in this shitty little forest. Questing knights can hardly even take out their archers in the woods and every map here is covered in the shit. There really needs to be a "burn Athel Loren to the fucking ground" stance.

The shovel is the finest implement known to man.
youtube.com/watch?v=b60OZhrTB6o

>No magic

Poor Empire, why CA hates you and loves the Vampires so, is anyones guess.

Did they do something about Chaos /Norsca AI? When the invasion started, they weren't running away from my main army.

Alright, which lore(s) are good?

name these characters

Life and beasts

>Ywn lick the fey enchantress's sweaty feet clean after a day of running around in the dirty fields

yeah they reduced how much the AI uses agents. but you still need to deal with them at times.

make sure you've set a war target for your AI buddy

at least when I am playing I don't have 4 following my army around like flies on shit.

>You will never pamper her delicate toes with your tongue and kiss her arch while you carefully remove every stain and clump of dirt between the wrinkles in her soles

Why... Why does it hurt so bad, bros?

UNCHIVALROUS

lmao 5 vampire, rollan

How the fuck do I deal with Charlemagne in AoC if I dont want to just own all of France?
Ive been fighting him for like 20 years and my dumbshit allies wont take his land, just sacking settlements.
I dont want to own France I just want to break it up.

>Make Bastonnes legendary lord the guy from the 6th edition cover

Anyone know an ideal navy comp to cheese autoresolve in shogun 2?

I did, they did nothing.

nanban trade ships

I want Katarin to step on Karl's dick

>doubting the lady
whats needed for a heroic victory? I've never gotten one across any game. I BTFO'd the snow niggers and didn't lose a single unit and killed/wounded all their leaders, yet it was just a "close" victory

She's too busy taking thick pus filled minotaur cumshots right in her breeding snatch.

idk, thats a heroic one t b h

THE EMPIRE ENDURES

Can you please think about what you say before you say it...

Damn, good work.

Absolutely chivalrous.
And yeah, I don't know. That ought to be a heroic one.

She gets fucked to death by nurgle infested beastmen in canon bro. The last thing she sees is a mountain of boil covered and rotting minotaur cock.

Citation needed.

Cool thanks for sharing your weird fetish with us. You can go back to playing Fennoxo games now you furry douche bag.

An armee of Zee Lady which bears her blessing cannot be beaten!

Rolling

No..its not true,...end times is not canon!!!

>people still making the mistake of thinking they need to go to war with Wood Elves when they are a decent ally and don't do anything anymore

Nice playing with a mod that deletes Norshit Skirmisher Cav? Makes fighting Norscum much more fun. Frickin' HATE those Chaos Chariots though.

Tehenhauin for Skink play
Some Saurus lord for Saurus play
Mazdamundi for generalized Slann play

Malekith leading the Dark Elves proper
Malus Darkblade leading a Dark Elf faction which has invaded northern Ulthuan using the ancient sunken Dark Elf capital of Tor Anroc as a base
Morathi being a cunt somewhere else

Alarielle the Everqueen because clearly we need more chicks but apparently can't have Ariel even though she's much more of a fighty lord
Teclis as a mage lord and his faggot brother Tyrion as a fighty lord
Some other elf leading a third faction. Maybe Finubar himself.

Clan Pestilens lead by Lord Nurglitch will be in Lustria and will be the only playable Skaven start in the New World despite them being a New World race. They will get buffs to plague related stuff which will be a central Skaven mechanic. Skaven agents will have the ability to blow up city gates and spread plague within them to weaken the garrison over several turns before there is a Skaven rebel uprising that attacks and takes over the city. CA is retarded so the rebels will also be hostile to the Skaven who instigated the uprising.

The other Skaven start will be in the old world with Skavenblight. Skaven will get a free third start once the Dark Lands are added.

Queek Headtaker will either be placed in an existing Dwarf hold and be subject to the same King and the Warlord mechanics as the other two- maybe he will start in Karak Eight Peaks itself. Or CA will make another lord pack with Karak Azul or Thorek Ironbow and make us pay for Queek.

non-kiristian pls

>don't do anything
>can't be traded with
>practically a time-bomb that will eventually fight your dorfbros
>decent ally
Fuck off, Tree Hitler, and take your Beastman king with you.

>skirmisher cav
you mean the axe throwers? I didn't mod them out and they were the worst part of the battle, responisble for the majority of my pegasus deaths

>listing 3 LLs per faction

Oh my if you think we aren't just getting 2 like they did with the first game.

yeomen horse archer, set them to melee and then chase after their skirmishers, they're faster so they'll run away but you'll shoot into the backs of the maurader cav and kill them all.

don't even worry about dogs. Mounted yeomen archers can deal with them too, just run from them you'll kill enough with shots that youll be able to take them on in melee. all of this is better if supported with some flying units

Ah sou desu ne gosaimasu
Sorry to hear that, hate the way the AI can turbomicro them.

It means they were intended to be the first DLC released in May but because they pushed the game back one month they didn't have as much time to develop them but still decided to make them "day 1 DLC content", pissing off large numbers of people.

So what do I do to start the Brettonia campaign properly.

Do I attack the lesser Brett Dukes or try and take Marienburg?

>want to start a Legendary Bret campaign
>AI Buildings and Recruitment mod is still not updated
BY ZE LADY