/lite/ - RougeLITE General

Revived from the dead and jammed edition.

>What is this?
A place to discuss all rogue-lites and related games and topics. Examples: The Binding of Isaac, Nuclear Throne, Enter the Gungeon, Faster than Light, Spelunky, and Rogue Legacy.

>List of Some Rogue-lites (W.I.P)
pastebin.com/rwnYefeG

>Steam Rogue-lites
store.steampowered.com/tag/en/Rogue-lite/#p=0&tab=NewReleases

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/rogue-lite

>EtG character ideas
pastebin.com/Up96YEYk

>/ntg/ Pastebins
Character Ideas pastebin.com/JnGYReQj
Crown Ideas pastebin.com/TjhD5NAk
Soundmods pastebin.com/bAtMbDCV

Other urls found in this thread:

yellowafterlife.itch.io/nuclear-throne-together
bitbucket.org/YellowAfterlife/nuclearthronetogether/wiki/Mods/Mod list
pastebin.com/mxgjmqs2
pastebin.com/d3s7Ghr6
pastebin.com/YiL7jMXa
pastebin.com/CbY2hEBJ
pastebin.com/tPKuMiLJ
pastebin.com/5vbZ5QqK
pastebin.com/LFUJYHPL
pastebin.com/HNJwLCuB
youtube.com/watch?v=iX3cg4dcKWI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Last Thread because I'm a newshitter and forgot it in the OP.

Nuclear Throne Together Modding Update is live
> yellowafterlife.itch.io/nuclear-throne-together

Mod Directory:
> bitbucket.org/YellowAfterlife/nuclearthronetogether/wiki/Mods/Mod list
Save mods in Nuclear Throne directory or appdata/local/nuclearthrone

A few mods made by myself (via last thread):
> pastebin.com/mxgjmqs2
Anthro Van. Save as race.gml
> pastebin.com/d3s7Ghr6
Bandit character. Has only the Bandit Blaster, but weapon mutations augment its bullets. Also has a Lil' Bash like Big Bandit's bash attack.
> pastebin.com/YiL7jMXa
Three gators on a fire salamander, known as Fire Riders. Mostly a silly mod, you play as the salamander while the gators shoot things at you. Cannot pick up weapons, but you do have a flamethrower and flame cannon attack.

> pastebin.com/CbY2hEBJ
Cursed Hyper Crystal. Makes HC teleport like a cursed crystal, but with a telegraph.
> pastebin.com/tPKuMiLJ
Hostile Rogue. Spawns an enemy-variant version of Rogue in 5-3. Doesn't suck like the Rogue Mook in Chaos Mod.

> pastebin.com/5vbZ5QqK
Cheat mod. Didn't make this one, but was posted in last thread (made by 9joao6). Allows you to use chat functions to cheat.

> pastebin.com/LFUJYHPL
Crown of Popo (CoP)/Gunfurunfu
Starts you out as Rogue with a double cursed Rogue Rifle where IDPD are constantly spawning. Comes with a beatboxing crown.
Presets:
/preset easy
/preset normal
/preset hard
/preset saniblues
/preset reallydad

To load a mod:
> save modfiles into Nuclear Throne steam directory or appdata/local/nuclearthrone. Saving them as (.mod/.race/etc).gml based on the type of mod they are is important, as they act as identifiers for the mod type.
> However yal got tired of people asking how to load mods, so txts may work as of the most current update
> enter /loadmod ..gml in chat to load the mod
> play the mod

>Alternatively, you can enter /loadmod, /loadrace, /loadwep, etc for each mod type without having to enter the extension. So for example, /loadmod minivan.race.gml would instead become /loadmod minivan

>/loadmod minivan
*/loadrace minivan

Other than wait for the mod showcase and work towards getting the achievements for 30 Dailies in a row and 5 Daily Wins in a row, what else is there to knock out?

Well if you've got everything else, nothing.
Also Dedication no longer needs 31 uninterrupted in a row (thank christ for that), Feb 26 patch notes said they can just be 31 participations.
Although I think it also said that it doesn't count them from before the patch, so if you were at 20+ by then you may want to kill yourself to save the pain

Runs done before the patch do count, but only if you managed to keep them going uninterrupted until the patch hit.

So if you had kept it going for 20+ dailies uninterrupted and the patch hit, you could take a break and your daily count would be safe.

However, if you had 20+ dailies and took a break before the patch hit, the counter would have gotten reset to zero and you'd be fucked.

Basically the way the achievement is implemented in the game is that there's a Dedication counter that goes up by one for every daily you do. Before the patch, if you missed a daily, this counter reset to zero. After the patch, it doesn't reset anymore, but since it's just a naive counter any past resets would still be effective.

>antibirth Judas run
>~4 keys on the first floor
>14 cents just before the boss
>downpour entrance room has 2 cents in it
>death's touch in item room, pentagram from boss
>mfw
This is gonna be good.
Seed is ADX9 NZ8N, btw, although I haven't gone any further yet so I dunno if there's anything else this good.

Finally finished everything about Keeper.

How come I do not have my achievement with Apollyon ?

Guess, I'll do it again...

If you did a Victory Lap way back when, then progress achieved on the Victory Lap run doesn't count.

I need to check my achievements when I get home to see what's left and go from there. Today would be my 8th Daily and hopefully 2nd win out of 5. That Samson run could've been won looking back on it.

Thanks for clarifying.

Can we agree that the simplest method of dealing with Delirium is to do a victory lap beforehand?
Every time I bother doing one, I become an OP godkiller by the time I'm done with the second floor (since by then you can buy out stores, often with Restock and such, flight already, x-ray/bombs to get into all secret rooms etc.)

>It's a "devil deal with 3 red chests" episode
>It's a "red chest in the devil deal warps you to the devil deal, moving the devil deal around in the boss room, trapping you inside" episode

>pained + renewed

>There is also a small 0.1% chance that the shrine will explode upon use, reducing your heart containers to 1, quadrupling your damage, and pushing you away
This sounds amazing. Rolling those dice every time

>implying damage matters when the bosses have a DPS cap

>not getting yari launcher or makeshift cannon every run
Get lucky

If you're the robot you don't even lose HP, except maybe one from the explosion or getting knocked back into the pit next to the shrine

>didn't realize you had to pick up the bullet that can kill the past from the smith before shooting yourself

What a waste of a run.

I forgot how the Antibirth (Rebirth) devil deal mechanics work:
I have 4 red heart containers and nothing else, can I take two 2 heart deals? Does that leave me with 0 health but still alive? Please respond.

In that case you die, unless you got spirit hearts.

Damn, death's touch it is then. thanks

What is this item on the right? Doesn't look familiar and I checked the wiki and couldn't find it.
Is it forever alone? Looks kinda similar but the sprite is different.

friend zone

fuck you

why is the sprite so different?

Huh. sorry mate, ive only had afterbirth for a little while. shouldn't have changed the sprites to the old flies if they added in 10 new ones

help

dodge roll when they land

holy fuck fought Heretic for the first time and he kicked my ass. took like 4 of my soul hearts. don't see how his 8 homing brimstone attack is even avoidable

So what's the mod in your pic?

I think Antibirth changed a few of the sprites for some fucking reason, I noticed Peeper was slightly different too.

That particular mod was a request -- the old meme crown that jw suggested in a livestream once

> Crown of Terror
> Everything is the same, except everything is a scorpion

Currently, I'm working on a mod for a friend of mine that really sucks at this game. Basically, you press E to continue. That's it.

Also, Terror's crown will periodically fire at enemies when there are enemies present. It will dance when there are none. The shots do no damage, of course -- it just harmlessly blows dust at them.

Cute!
although the whole "everything is a scorpion" thing sounds fucking terrifying.
I mean I guess that's the point.

so it's like a joke crown? But there because it's cute?

Basically. jw joked about making a crown that just resprites everything as a scorpion in a stream, and I think Ultra mod might have made it before? It didn't have a dancing crown though, so there's that. (Plus, Ultramod sucks)

pastebin.com/HNJwLCuB

Infinite Play Mod -- Allows infinite continues
Attempting to sit or loop after dying gives you a suckerpunch ending. I implore you to try it out.

Kinda makes me want an "Arcade" mode where everything's harder and/or faster, but you have a set number of credits you can use to continue after dying.

That could easily be done. Frankly, I've wanted to make the game more arcade-like in general (see: cops every 6 seconds mod)

nuclear throne woulda made a hell of an arcade game

How do you guys rate the arc dagger in Necrodancer?

I just gave it up in favor of a titanium rapier and I'm pretty sure I made the right call but that zap is pretty handy.

Hell of a Gungeon run today. Ended up with clone, made it to lich 3rd phase after full clearing bullet hell, suicided, and then ended up on a spice rampage that this was the result of youtube.com/watch?v=iX3cg4dcKWI
by far the easiest time I've ever had with lich + bullet hell, and that's counting a Gunther run.

only used it a few times, seemed to be good just short ranged to proc attack. No upgrades for it in damage sucks though

>6 base damage with a fucking blood weapon

How can the necrodancer even compete?

by making you play as aria, or coda

>I can't just go into the next room anymore to bring the officer back to life

you shoulda given him one of those fancy guns you were hoarding

>if you enter the door to the high dragun boss fight he dies automatically
he'll never be allowed to retire.

Nonsense, that's just making the Lute Demon compete. The Necrodancer is dead by that point.

if you want a real answer, you can't even use anything but the lute to attack him, and I think damage ups don't matter, not sure.

there really needs to be a harder floor for runs like these. Something where you fight kaliber.

They don't matter, I know. I was mostly just musing over my luck of finding +5 damage from items. I don't think I've ever had such a high damage modifier before. Would have been crazy with a rapier.

In any event I finally got the 6000 gold achievement via that run.

congrats

Damn, just proper scoring would be fucking cool.

When do I start seeing caped bullets? I've done two pasts now.

Does the Shrine ammo boost carry over to a character's past?

>do a run for the first elevator
>need 120 shells and 3 keys
>clear 3 floors with no damage
>not even one key drops
>have to buy them all

Coolness is bullshit

>Another tiny BoI update
Bugifx? Any ideas?

Alright, gungeon got announced for the switch. Who wants to guess what new nintendo exclusive items there will be if any?

Is Dungeon of the Endless /lite/? Seems pretty fun after one run.

It is.

It's a shame Endless games aren't as compelling as competing games in their genres, because the continuity between them is interesting
here's hoping for endless space 2

bump

Proper scoring? What would you suggest? Wouldn't mean jack shit on leaderboards, but it could easily be fit into a mod.

bump

it's in beta

I hope it's not just stickers like AB+ will be on Switch.

today i learned that spiked boots do not do less than one and a half hearts worth of damage on pickup
oops

>it's a locked treasure room, lots of locked chests and no keys on the entire level episode
>again

Not as bad as all troll bombs without Defuser

>it's a secret room with 3 unlocked chests
>all 3 are mimics
>shooting one makes it shoot the others to aggro them to you

>Great start in the BoI daily
>Skip floors with Undefined
>Oh wait, no health anywhere
>Dead

I got to Megastan with no orbitals to protect me, and I had Leviathan so I couldn't tell where my hitbox was properly.
I died during his last cracked skelly phase.
And then I had to kill myself 8 times in a row because Dead Cat.

Holy shit, I hate dead cat now. I used to take it every time to achieve Guppy, but it just ends up being 9 stupid deaths.

I only pick it up when I'm already near zero heart containers, it's usually worthless otherwise.
I'm still annoyed that they've never changed the way it works for ???, wiping every soul heart he has is just dumb

>Gungeon run of the day
>1 Key drop on floor 1, decide to just go Oubliette
>And let my Lockpick do the work
>Bricks both chests on floor 1 (double brown)
>Bricks both Oubliette Chests (Green and Blue)
>Bricks the lock leading to the Crest
I sure do love a 50% chance of opening locks in a game rife with them and no keys.

>Floor 2, Black Chest spawns, so I use my only Key drop from Oubliette
>R2G2
>Bricks the Brown Weapon Chest on the floor
That's 6/6 failures.

How the fuck is R2G2 an S-rank item? He does shit damage, has a retarded AI that can't see enemies over pits, and doesn't even have continuous fire.

>These lockpicks have never let the Pilot down, except for the many times they did.
Never has that line been more relevant

New to Antibirth and the wiki says:
>Once all three knife pieces have been acquired, upon completing Mausoleum II, a red fleshy door will appear. On subsequent runs, this door will appear regardless of whether or not you have all three knife pieces
So the flesh door will always appear, but I still can't open it without all three knife pieces right? Or does it now spawned open?

The former.

You need either the 3 Knife Parts to open it OR Mom's Knife.

Alright thanks.
>or Mom's Knife
neat didn't know this

What, is mediocre items not fun?
Get good.

i'm digging pixel privateers. it's p good

I see red is still making monsters that are totally not cthulu
How is it tho? is it like isaac or more like risk of rain?

it's like pixel piracy but better & with more rpg elements: classes, abilities, tech trees, lots of gear slots

>Thinking of things to do
>Check bestiary
>One gap, 'Blue Gaper' (because Hush fight doesn't unlock them, of course, quality programming)
>'Rarely appear in Basement'
>Basement seed for a few floors, find some relatively quickly
>No cheevo
>...that can't be a good sign
>Bestiary has cleared it
>Oh boy, what's the bug this time
>'Will have counted creatures not in bestiary towards achievement'
>Already have it
QUALITY PROGRAMMING

Stop dying.

Also I guess I'll take basic sprite edit requests for Enter the Funions.

This but the Vault Hunters from the Pre-Sequel?

That's a tall glass, but I can give it a try.

If you don't want to do all of them then just one of them is good too.

Pick worked for once.
1/7.

>long jump attack boots
holy shit what
what the fuck is this

Seriously? It's worked for me 5/6 times so far.

For starters, bigger enemies giving bigger rewards. For instance
>small maggot: 10pts
>bandit: 50pts
>scorpion: 150pts
Then slap something like multiplier going up when you deal a lot of damage and going down when you take damage.

Searching "roguelite" doesn't show this thread for some reason.

Ok i tried it and it's literally pixel piracy 2
I just wish it had more graphic options, it kinda slows down sometimes on my potato

>roguelite
nigga you're in the wrong thread
this is ROUGE Lite

See pls no bully