/simg/ - Simulation Games General

Sabre Dog edition

Previous thread: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>TeamSpeak
ts3.nogf.moe

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/SimulationGamesGeneral

>Website
simg.nogf.moe

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Air, Land and Sea pastebin
pastebin.com/aN1f84Db

>Repository of various aviation related material
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>Link to this OP text
docs.google.com/document/d/1eaAdM0Hyu3WwDTyilKPxsbQYK9L2NVPoDIZ5vYD6TLw/edit?usp=sharing

>Example of welcome games
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT Rally, Ship Simulator.

>Example of non-welcome games
Ácé Cómbát, Wár Thúndér, Wórld óf _____, Ármá 1-3, Thé Síms, Sím Cíty, Góát Símúlátór

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1488164511514.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=2BQVD-SbEcY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Helo ops when

First one for co-pilot waifus!

I tried Hellion as a space sim.
It's a fucking piece of shit, atm.

To get the bad taste out of my mouth, I want to pick up DCS. What is the most easily-accessible DCS title for those with crappy joysticks but a decent computer?
I own the A-10 sim, but I don't have time to read a 300 page manual right now.

Does US make their aircraft smaller than other countries? It would make sense as their military forces seem to be much smaller than Europeans for example.

Get fucked weeb

The MiG 21 if you want clicky cockpits.

Flaming Cliffs 3 if you don't care.

Honestly the A-10 isn't that hard

I'm contemplating getting the $10 Su-27 DLC. Worth it?

And I tried a few training missions on the A-10 before abandoning it. I had a shittier computer back then admittedly, but it felt like too much information to take in in order to begin properly enjoying.

I'm hoping the Su-27 is somewhere between Memethunder and a hardcore sim like the A-10 was. I want to feel like a pilot, but I can't deal with 20 minute IRL checklists for startup. Not just yet.

If he has a crappy joystick it would be hard. There's a ton to bind.

>I'm hoping the Su-27 is somewhere between Memethunder and a hardcore sim like the A-10 was
It is, you have all the capabilities of the aircraft, they're just simplified, unlike in the A-10

Don't waste your money and buy the entire FC3 pack, it is fun and not so overwhelming for beginners but still very complex in the flight model and such. But if you ever get into DCS you'll buy FC3 anyway so just buy FC3 now.

It's worth it but you're better off picking up Flaming Cliffs instead of buying the FC3 aircraft individually

>Helo ops when

NOW

Okay, I will do exactly that exactly right now

do other countries even make aircraft?

Alright senpai, people shitpost all the time and stuff but if you need help post here.

I'd even be willing to help you personally if you want.

Other countries just pick their shorties to fly. Ergonomics aside, shorter pilots tend to be much happier in the cockpit.

You have to be a manlet to fly Harriers aparently.

GET OUT GET OUT GET OUTTTTTTTTTTT

>arma
out

arma needs a home somewhere. please let us stay. the drama is gone now.

no fuck off

Flashpoint lacks Steel Beast's random chance/trigger system for it's scenarios but you can roughly approximate them. Right now I'm creating a series of mini-scenarios based on them.

Here's a planned six-hour version of Are They Attacking Here. The enemy force is always a Forward Detachment as opposed to the 1 in 3 chance of it being a Recon company or Advance Guard, which removes that element, but the ranges are approximate and you can choose not to call for reinforcements (By moving them to the exit marker near your deployment area)

The remnants of a Composite Panzer Kompanie counterattack East German positions at night where NATO's optics are far superior. Only the last hour will be "night" so this window is brief.

ok

seriously though can anyone get runway lights working in 1946

please

for dummies version

Sonny, you're in the wrong thread

lights have a "side", you just have to place them near the field I think

Enjoy your comfy nighttime gunship missions

WTF i love the yurofighter now

holy fuck imagine the thrust you get in your anus
at takeoff in full AB

BTW, in the previous thread we were talking about the F35 and its usefulness.
Now that i think about it, that thing cant SEAD right ?
Therefore an F16 is actually better than a 35, of course minus the stealth part, but realistically the US has been at war against sandniggers for what almost 30 years now and its not like they have any serious AA threat.

P.S.
so what's USAF's designed SEAD plane ?

>sead

something disposable and cheap

hey, like the F-16!

so hmm how would you go and deal with medium threat sam huh ?

ii guess spending gorillion on """"stealth"""" coating is the solution right ?

its not

Well, first of all
Leatherneck is developing the mighty Tomcat for DCS World. They are even developing an ultra—smart, welfarer AI to seat at the WSO/RIO station.
So,
1) When is the Tomcat coming out?
2) Are they developing the Phantom II? They both are naval fighters that use a WSO/RIO station, and if the AI works fine, it could be implemented in the F—4 model. Also, modelling some different variants wouldn't be that difficult, because they all are pretty much the same. Maybe the Echo, Bravo/Juliet and Wild Weasel?

youll be retired before they release a prerelease release

I nominate Children of a Dead Earth as a /simg/ approved sim

Who's with me?

>sits in the pilot seat
>copilot

those helos look so weird

I'm pretty young tho, think I can wait

I'm pretty young tho, think I can wait

Wasn't there already a space sim general?

>playing not a sim
KYS!

has anime been defeated yet?

you stupid nigger what are those aim9 doing there, switch them or never show up here again

how do you defeat this?

like this:

janitors, gas this kike

Call ICE

frogs?

greatest meme ever made

Does anyone wanna sign up for this gay 104th red flag MiG vs F-5 thing?

i dont own sand otherwise i would

Fuck it. I'm taking the F-5 because it's my DCS planefu

>lmb click win vs hard mode

I'm sure this is going to be totally balanced

What?

Will we ever see a FC3 level eurofighter for DCS?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1488164511514.webm

VEAO are making DCS Typhoon.

It won't be very good because it's VEAO though

That data is old as fuck.

BMP ASSAULT

I feel like that data is bullshit.
It seems like some numbers are based off full fuel load while others are at 50% fuel or even none.

There is no way in fuck the Su-27S has a T/W of 1.26 with anything more than 15% fuel. Try like 80% fuel and full weapons in the Flanker and it still feels like a fat shit in DCS.

I know the Fulcrum with full fuel and weapons still had a T/W of 1.09 which is why that little nigga accelerates to ludicrous speed so fast.

I'd like a chart with either all empty, all full, or 50%. Actually one with all 3 would be lit. I guess if you know the numbers you could easily do it your self and maybe adjust for weapons as well.

What game?

MOTHER FUCKER IS THAT DEADASS SUDDEN STRIKE???

I've literally never met another person on this earth besides my dad who played Sudden Strike. Fucking best RTS I've ever played.

No building units and bases
Amazing singleplayer missions that take like a day to beat.
Realistic as fuck

Fuck it was so good. Never seen this mod tho

Apparently it's not a mod but a """"""standalone""""" game called "Cold War Conflicts"

Flankers are designed to have an excessive internal fuel tanks filling all empty space inside so that they don't need to carry externals. Kinda pointless to measure it by maximum fuel capacity if they almost never fly full.

This, the max fuel capacity is meant for ferry flights.

It's more /simg/ than wargame or sudden strike.

why so butthurt?

belongs in /egg/ they post it in there a bit

I just picked up BMS, can not figure out how the fuck to bind controls. The UI is as dense as a thousand dying suns, and for profiles there's no obvious place with .inis or anything. I'll admit I don't exactly have a ton of experience in modding games from before 2000, but if someone could tell me exactly how I'm being retarded, I'd be grateful.

Tell that to everyone in DCS who insists on flying it at 100% fuel every flight and then wonder why they get splashed by the first missile shot because they can't break 900km/h and pull more than 4G's.

There should be a controls folder somewhere. I'm not entirely sure since it's been ages since I played BMS but there is somewhere to put profiles.

The in game control mapper is a pain

underage retards are NOT welcome here

Why is the LaGG-3 so SHIT

because its SLAVSHIT retart

IRL? Because they needed to make it cheaply.

The very early series LaGGs were very good, but they were simplified for wartime production and the design suffered. Notably a less powerful engine and a huge reduction in firepower.

Use the Yak-1 unless you need the 23mm or 37mm cannons

There's a folder that when the .key file is put in makes it show up in the in-game control mapper, but when I load it it just resets it to the nonsensical standard map (Joy button 1 bound to OSB 1, button 2 to OSB 2, etc).
I shouldn't need two programs running outside the game to set up my goddamn controls.

>He can't even set up BMS
Sounds like your out of your league.
I highly doubt you would be able to fly the f-16.

Well, I guess we'll never know because you insist on being a faggot.

They're just shitposting. BMS is notorious for being a pain in the arse to set up

Yeah, I am too. Anything you can do to point me in the right direction, or am I forum diving again?

Forum diving is probably your best bet. Or hope bmshost sees the thread and offers some help.

Or anyone with more familiarity than myself...

youtube.com/watch?v=2BQVD-SbEcY
Helped me greatly when i started playing

Thank you guys.

>too retarded to set up bms on his own
>too retarded to look for guides of which there are plenty
>spergs out
>claims his spergout is just shitposting
I'm being serious here, if you can't even get this done by yourself you will never be able to fly bms efficiently.
Finish high school and then try again kiddo.

Blue Flag helo ops in a bit?

>crash flag crash ops in a bit?

Desu

That's the jist of what I said yes

I guess I'll be serious too, if you can't tell that I'm only shitposting with you because you're shitposting with me, you might want to look into the special needs program at your school.

Desu?

>i-i was just pretending to be retarded guys!
it must have been a sad day when you slithered out of the abortion bucket

This reads like an ironic post making fun of elitists, but I think it's actually real and that amuses me.

@169902756
Just fuck off already, unlike you he's clearly more interested in getting an answer than pointless shitflinging

Does shitposting hurt your feelings? Do you want to downvote the mean comments?

read note the difference in tone between replying to the guy helping, and your frogposting ass.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.