/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox-only_games
github.com/Azimer/AziAudio
reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/5wi3pe/zelda_breath_of_the_wild_booting_in_cemu_kinda/deavv9x/
board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1528&start=30
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.
Ha.

How difficult will xbox one and PS4 emulation be?

How difficult is original xbox emulation?

>How difficult will xbox one and PS4 emulation be?
First we need to wait for one game to come out

Is emulating the Xbox really that difficult?
I thought, it's because people aren't really interested in emulating it. Not that the console is built in a difficult way (like N64 and so on) to emulate properly.

It uses x86, which is a big instruction set, and also NVIDIA gpu with poor documentation, and a number of other issues.
Doesn't make it impossible of course. The bigger issue is that there are almost no worthwhile exclusives, so pretty much anybody who can write emulators is going to work on something else.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Xbox-only_games

MEmu was running fine today until I tried installing Nox. When Nox kept crashing I uninstalled it but whenever I try to open MEmu again I get this error.

I know my computer can handle it since I was using it earlier with no problems.

Things I tried:
>uninstalled
>redownloaded a fresh copy
>cleared registry
>reinstalled
>rebooting after each install and uninstall

I don't really know what's wrong with it but when I try to force open MEmusvc in Services it's telling me it can't find the file. But when I try opening it in my folders it opens but Services still says it's closed.

Also I noticed my 'Com Component State' is abnormal. I tried Googling it but I can't find any information on it.
Anyone know the problem?

A lot of these Android emulators are incompatible with each other to the point of sabotaging themselves if they find another emulator installed. It probably sent your MAC ID to its servers

>It probably sent your MAC ID to its servers
So how do I fix it?

Change your hardware

Odds: jew the world in Aerobiz Supersonic as the soviet union.
Even: cockblock (twart the Pearl Harbor attack) japan in PTO 2, try to win the war by 1944.

Oh, dear. This is gonna be like Pokemon but a million times worse.

What's the best video config for vba?

mGBA.

Is it better?

Oh, wow, Azimer's audio plugin isn't shit anymore. About time.

github.com/Azimer/AziAudio

Yes

No

maybe

What changed?

Azimer got busy for ages and left it in a half-broken state. Actually works now. Doesn't freeze with save states, crash on boot, etc. World Driver Championship sounds nice. RE2 is crackly. I think PJ64's side of things needs a bit of work.

Why would I use it over whatever comes with PJ64 by default?

Who would want to waste all that time making an emulator for a system that has one (1) good exclusive?

05:43 < mudlord> so only reasonable and logical conclusion is *attentionwhore faggotry*
05:48 < Scroom> that's why you dont get involved in Veeky Forums/redidty
05:48 < mudlord> ...I wish i never did
05:48 < Scroom> did they found your real life yet?
05:48 < AlexMax> Scroom, I post on Veeky Forums/reddit, but I don't "get involved"
05:48 < mudlord> i hate how entitled most shits are
05:49 < mudlord> i seen *some* nice people
05:49 < mudlord> but those are the exception
05:50 < mudlord> yes, i find to post on Veeky Forums, i cannot be pleasant
05:50 < mudlord> I must be as dickish as humanly possible

>Why would I use it over whatever comes with PJ64 by default?
Because Jabo's plugin is broken and closed source so it's never getting fixed. The reason PJ64 has had shitty audio for the past few years is because there was no practical alternative plugin.

>The reason PJ64 has had shitty audio for the past few years is because there was no practical alternative plugin.
worked for me just fine

Have you tried to play Resident Evil 2 N64 on PJ64 2.3?

No because i don't play shitty ports

World Driver Championship sounds like absolute shit with Jabo's plugin. Many other games are prone to crackling. Rogue Squadron shits itself during the credits scroll. The audio shouldn't be crackling, much less erratically chopping.

RE2 N64 is mechanically the best version thanks to its improved control system.

It has a worse framerate than the PS1 version
The control scheme is inconsequential especially considering the original is perfectly playable without it.

>It has a worse framerate than the PS1 version
Proof?
>The control scheme is inconsequential especially considering the original is perfectly playable without it.
If by "perfectly playable", you mean a "horrifying relic of PS1/Saturn-era Japanese game design", then yes.

>improved control system.
Nice meem.

>Proof?
Do you have no eyes?

>>horrifying relic of PS1/Saturn-era Japanese game design
>why is this PS1 game like a PS1 game
I never understood people who were vehemently opposed to tank controls. Do you have cerebral palsy? Do you really have that much trouble adapting to a different control scheme?

>Nice meem.
Capcom love the meme so much they adopted the control scheme for every single fixed camera angle RE game going forward.

>Do you have no eyes?
My eyes see the game running at 30fps. Should check some footage and step through frame-by-frame, though.

>I never understood people who were vehemently opposed to tank controls. Do you have cerebral palsy? Do you really have that much trouble adapting to a different control scheme?
You can't run in a circle with traditional tank controls. They're an awful way of handling character movement that ignores that humans love to move in random 360 degree directions at will.

>You can't run in a circle with traditional tank controls
Except you can. You can turn while moving forward in every single RE game.

>They're an awful way of handling character movement that ignores that humans love to move in random 360 degree directions at will
Are you fucking autistic? You are playing a video game with a different rule set from real life. Did you really think this was a good argument?

When you're playing Haunting Ground, you can run in a tight circle. You can't do this with tank controls because tank controls don't let you run forward and then suddenly run sideways. They're a crippling control scheme that originated with D-pads and there's a reason N64 games almost completely abandoned them for third person games.

Tank controls are bad. 3D controls are good. Capcom agrees.

I dare you to run in a circle in a 3 meter wide hallway using tank controls without hitting the wall.

Why would I when I can just quick turn?
Its almost like different games are designed differently.

>Why would I when I can just quick turn?
How do you quick turn 90 degrees?

>Capcom agrees.
Except the fact that RE until 4 had tank controls and RE4 also happens to be the best selling and best received resident evil game in the series.

By holding the left D pad for 1 second :^)

How does quick turning allow you to run in a circle around a zombie?

You run past it and then quick turn and do it again.
Why would you want to run circle around a zombie in the first place?

Capcom knows jackshit. Try playing Fatal Frame with the so called "better" control scheme and see how fucking awful it is.

>Capcom agrees
Capcom also agrees Day 1 DLC, On Disc DLC and releasing unfinished games is OK

Capcpom is fucking retarded.

>I never understood people who were vehemently opposed to tank controls
You can't sidestep and turning takes a fucking eternity. Fucking Silent Hill 1 solved both issues.

What are the best video settings for ppsspp?

>turning takes a fucking eternity
1 second is an eternity?
Are you hyperactive perchance? Survival horror might not be the genre for you.

Start by manually setting the FPS limiter to 60 and by setting the CPU to the max frequency.

>cpu to max frequency
doesn't that cause overheat?

Kill yourself.

>. RE2 is crackly
More than it should?
The original audio is pretty shit on the N64 version.

>Capcom love the meme so much they adopted the control scheme for every single fixed camera angle RE game going forward.
No they didn't

Are you retarded? How the fuck would the virtual PSP overheat?

>Except the fact that RE until 4 had tank controls and RE4 also happens to be the best selling and best received resident evil game in the series.
RE5 and RE6 are neck-and-neck with it despite being released on fewer platforms. Neither have true tank controls for normal movement, and RE6 doesn't have tank controls except when sprinting.

>No they didn't
REMAKE HD and RE0 HD both use it by default. If RE2 Remake has fixed camera angles, there is 100% chance it'll use RE2 N64 controls by default.

> "they adopted the control scheme for every single fixed camera angle RE game going forward."
>RE2 N64 released October 1999
>RECV released February 3, 2000
>Outbreak released December 11, 2003
>RE0 didn't have it before the HD version

I think you're misinterpreting what "going forward" means.

Capcom didn't MAKE RE2 N64. Once they started remastering the old RE games, they adopted the N64 control system as the default and will seemingly continue using it into the future.

>I think you're misinterpreting what "going forward" means.
>"Going Forward"
>"From this point on. Typically used to indicate a change in previous behavior or actions"
There wasn't any major change coming from CAPCOM after they were aware of RE2 N64 with one exception, they even stuck to tank control in every style of RE up until RE5.

>Capcom didn't MAKE RE2 N64.
But they approved of it's release and obviously knew about the change made to it.

> they adopted the N64 control system as the default and will seemingly continue using it into the future.
And that not what's being argued here, CAPCOM stuck with tank control well after RE2 N64, even even REmake there were still games that use tank controls so making a statement such as "they adopted the control scheme for every single fixed camera angle RE game going forward."

is it possible to emulate botw already?
been out of all the emulation loop for a while.

Nope, unless you really fucking like the main menu.

well that sucks.
is it wise to expect it being playable in the near future?

No

>is it wise to expect it being playable in the near future?
Maybe not immediately but in a couple month maybe it'll go ingame or even be actually playable.

Why do people bring up BoTW in every fucking thread?

Nintendrones who can't afford a Wii U/Switch but think their fisherprice PCs would be able to emulate them.

reddit.com/r/cemu/comments/5wi3pe/zelda_breath_of_the_wild_booting_in_cemu_kinda/deavv9x/

>muh zelda

And yet he still shows up.

Is the Wii U Xenoblade in a playable state with CEMU? I have a 3.4GHz Xeon E3.

Man android emulation is actually in a worse shape than N64 emulation

Morning /emu/. Have you remembered to give up all hope on emulating your favorite games today?

What graphics card do you have, CPU is almost irrelevant in CEMU without a dedicated GPU.

GTX 960
I had the impression all emulators were CPU bottlenecked.

Not if the emulator in question is an HLE shitshow

>/vr/
No thanks.

/vr/ is the best video game board on Veeky Forums

for retards

If /vr/ is for retards, then who are /v/ and Veeky Forums for?

next week I swear!

It is.

Is byuu actually posting in that thread?

how's rpcs3 doing these days?

for videogames and videogame generals.

Pretty well actually
Its probably more alive than it has ever been.

/v/ is just a bunch of 12 year old and Veeky Forums is just shit at all. /emugen/ is one of the few good generals we have here.

board.byuu.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1528&start=30

More drama, now with bringing up Squarepusher.

and?
How does any of that contradicts the fact that /vr/ is videogame retards?

>/emugen/ is one of the few good generals

They actually play and discuss video games instead of just shitposting, I don't consider this being retarded.

Since everything else sucks, yes it is.

>Autism runs rampant in the seedy IRC chans of the emulation scene

Why am I not surprised?

>I don't consider this being retarded
No retard considers himself retarded

Sucks a little bit less than everything else != it's good

This general is 60% emudev drama, 10% complaining about something some random idiot said on reddit or /vr/ or /v/, 10% shitposting about shaders or whatever, 10% complaining about emudevs not doing what you want them to, 8% idiots asking questions that are answered in the wiki, 1% idiots asking questions not answered in the wiki, and 1% actual emulation discussion.

Kakashi is a shitstirring retard who is just feeding into byuu's paranoia.

I do

get out naruto fag

Has anyone managed to run Resident Evil 4 on any android emulator?
Apparently it doesn't run on android 4.4+ and every emulator I've tried emulates above 4.4.