/indie/ - Indie And Obscure Games General

Last thread: >What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy, Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AFO8CgMCMF0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hello Manny.

>31 hours to new Nifflas game

ohh bbyyy

Is the Postal series considered indie? Serious question.

Also, in hindsight I probably should've waited before spawning a new thread.

Fugg.

Does Karbonic still come here?

I wanted to know if DashBored is ever going to be definitively "finished" and when that was likely to be. I have it but haven't played it yet because I want to wait until it's completely finished.

Yes.

He was here just the other day (yesterday?)

He posted a "sneak peek"... which no one replied to, lol.

I was born with thick skin.

/indie/... is... a happy place

finished Lisa The Painful yesterday

favourite gang member?
>Olan Crits Master

i used him and Birdie for the majority of the playthrough while for the third slot i changed between Nerm, Shockmaster, Dyke and Tiger Man

Expedition soon, fellow humans!

Define "soon".

???

Soon™

I got a 37.6 MB update to LISA, did anyone else get this?

Great ride, right?

Have you started Joyful? I loved it myself but it's pretty different, less party member focused.

>A life ruining gaming experience.
lol just read the Steam store page description

Austin didn't say anything on his twitter so I'm not sure what's up with that.

youtube.com/watch?v=AFO8CgMCMF0

Given how the guy is lately it might be a bad sign. TIME TO INSTALL THE GAME AGAIN AND SEE WHAT HE FUCKED UP.

Finished Hotline Miami on Vita yesterday, liked it. How does the second one hold up?

How much will the new Nifflas cost?

Please recommend me the Stardew Valley mods so I can have an enhanced experience!

Cosmic Star Heroine is coming soon(TM)

>playing stardew valley

Anime Portraits

i finished Lisa The Painful in two days, so i'm pretty burned out atm
i might start The Joyful next week

but I don't like anime

When I first heard about this game I thought there was going to be some creepy twist or something

Apparently it's just furry stuff though. Sad.

There's some spookiness

It's better than the first, as sequels should be.

I disagree. I think the second one has some troublesome unfun levels

Will the Underrail expansion have water currents? This is very important. I want my fucking waterfall. Game cockteases me with this majestic waterfall in Deep Caverns, then I go to Deep Caverns and there's no majestic waterfall to be found, not even a tiny little fountain. I felt cheated.

Just 18 days away from the truth

In 18 days someone will find the two-headed mutant?

give me a quick rundown about the two-headed mutant

It's a mutant with two heads.

Let's not die yet.

What the fuck? I thought this game has no fantasy elements.

i feel like tagging the Lisa characters in the booru

bigger fridge
a fishing mod of some sort

It's a Humble Monthly exclusive.

I love laddio games

I want to source the goddamn artists

Indie Smash Bros when?

They tried that. The big mistake was pulling mostly IPs nobody fucking knows/cares about.

Anyone remember Dream Vs Dream?

>IPs nobody fucking knows/cares about.

So indie games

Even on an indie level.

You're forgetting shit like Shovel Knight was apparently highly wanted for the real Smash Bros

i still wanna fug a kitty

>I fixed the missing mp3 tags on the Joyful soundtrack, since someone pointed out that the soundtrack wouldn't show up in Steam Music.
Boring!

Damn, was hoping for some major meltdown.

>battle brothers final build released in beta phase on steam
Hurray
>have to get past early game RNG again where your sorry excuse for mercenaries die left and right
boo

Finished playing the Underrail demo. It was pretty fun. I knew this game has come a long way since the demo, but... man, it has come a really long way since the demo.

The funniest thing about it was how often I ended up dead because I kept forgetting things work differently here. Taking on the GMS Sentry Bots with no Electrokinesis and EMP grenades with an 8-turn cooldown. Ouch.

Dialogue cracked me up too. It was basically what you'd get if someone handed me a sheet of paper and told me to write down all of the dialogue trees from memory. Similar, but sloppier, and in some cases very off. Quinton a Biotech scientist? Did that used to be New Biocorp? Also, what a huge normie Tanner used to be. Ponytail, welcome parties, casually asks you how's your day going, laughs at your sarcastic comments, I barely recognize him. Was his change into his subtle disguise of a ten feet tall middle-eastern guerrilla leader with true sight and a habit of talking about events gradual, or something that just suddenly happened? Love how Ezra on the other hand remained virtually unchanged from start to finish. He even had his intro text. Unlike anyone else. He is literally the only guy in the demo with an intro text.

Is it strange that seeing all those unfinished routes got me excited, even though I know exactly where each of them lead? Well, the ones that made it into the release version at least. There are some tunnels and doors that no longer exist, so I'll never know where they were going to lead.

I think I understand what you mean about the drones now. Even that weird ass jingly drone in the Mushroom Cove works really well when Ezra sends you to the island, feels almost like a sudden dream sequence. Not so much with the current soundtrack.

Shame the demo was only up until GMS, would have been nice to see Depot A. Which drone did it use? Mild1? Also, thanks for the upload.

YOU AGAIN...

i actually have kitties that i can and have fugged
but afterwards i still want to fug a kitty again anyway

I really, really hope you're not serious.

How is Age of Decadence? Anyone here played it?

well, by "fug" i mean "blowjobs and pussy rubbing"
i am cursed with an average-sized human penis that can't fit anywhere in a cat

well that's TWO levels of moral quandries better, at least.

Oh damn I forgot I even owned this game, it was pretty lit, I should start a new game and finish it this time. I'm not a huge fan of the spanish colonial stuff but it's a pretty fun game still. Aren't they making a new one in a different setting?

Only for about 15 minutes, so-
But I've read every word of the Darth Roxor review. Does that count?
Guess I also played Dungeon Rats too, although I still haven't done a solo run yet. Should do it one of these days.

i do not hurt my cats
hurting cats is bad
and also pleasing my partner and genuine happiness are my fetishes

This thread is going places.

My three main were:
-Terry Hintz
-Tiger Man
-Jack
Sometimes exchanging Terry or Jack for someone new, or mostly Mad Dog or Yazan.
Never changed Tiger Man once i got him, even though he was a pain in the ass to play with on a Joyless run. I just love polearms.
I put Hernandez first on the Russian Roulette games, so i could give him a peaceful rest; the fucker gave me like six rounds before dying. Benched Buckets afterwards.
Gave up Beastborn and Percy at the Buzzo checkpoints. Gave Rooster his hen for the mags. Didn't take Bo back to his brother.

I don't know man.
I just want them shotguns. NOW.

yeah over to

I'd be lying if I could remember names, it's been a while. At end had the magician kid, the brute with the North Star club, and Birdie. Kind of want to do a random run because I did kindof minmax it from what I gathered afterward.
Didn't try to get Buckets and I think one other one that cost mags. Couldn't remember if gave up any party members other than Terry

Is lisa worth playing

im close to the Lisa The Joyful ending
once you get Mend even Big Lincoln is a cakewalk

If you're the kind of person to get a little teary at, say, the first season of the walking dead game, it's an emotional trainwreck.

In terms of gameplay it's varied and serviceable enough to stay fresh the whole runthrough but I wouldn't call it amazing.
I still really like it overall though and Jorgensen's a swell guy.

But the game never promised you a shotgun. Meanwhile it promised me a waterfall. A majestic waterfall. In Deep Caverns.

Fuck you game, don't think I forgot about the waterfall just because you told me about it at the very start of the game.

Joyful is truly awful.

lol

Basically then no reason to replay it unless I am recording it in HD and without the annoying static then. Given Austin's meltdown I've no interest in replaying LISA ever again outside of that. Right, promptly uninstalling because I don't actually want to do that. Not giving that cuck any modicum of time on my channel outside of what I've already recorded.

>meltdown
you hwat

But the game is good fun regardless of his personal beliefs...

Pic related.

>the second his dad dies he turns into a tremendous faggot
You were too good for this world irl Brad.

Yes, albeit abandoned it halfway due to lack of free time. It's a hardcore RPG for a niche audience, though in practice it often feels like Skill Checks: The Game. I loved it. It's much more combat-oriented "expansion" (Dungeon Rats) has to be great too.

Barely any game can hold my attention nowadays but E:Q managed to do it. Yes, it's successor is coming in less than 2 months, I can't wait. The final, third beta session will be held in mid-March, so we'll have user feedback way before the release date.

Goddamnit Sebastian let me in your room you emo skunk, I want to listen to MCR with you and smoke weed

Is it feasible in Age of Decadence to build a hybrid character with combat skills and non-combat skills? Saw someone say somewhere if you try that you will just get wrecked in the combat and you should go full combat or full skill-checks.

Yes, of course it's possible. In fact the "true ending" can be achieved only with a hybrid. A very specifically built hybrid that you are very unlikely to stumble upon at first or on your own, but still. However by making a hybrid on your first run you are only going to make things unnecessarily harder for yourself.

He's a Communist. He's an enemy combatant. Ergo his work has less value than if it were produced by an actual person. Given that value is derivative the 5 playthroughs of LISA: THE PAINFUL, the 3 playthroughs of LISA: THE JOYFUL, and the two of LISA: THE FIRST that I've done are more than enough attention given to the works of a loathsome trash subhuman like Austin. He should have kept his opinions to himself if he was going to choose to no longer be an actual person.

Dang that's a lot of playthroughs.

I'd forget hybrid characters for the first run. I specifically built a silver-tongued diplomat-type (as I though it'd fit the game's setting the best) and there was a major quest in the 2nd town where I *really* had to min-max to be able to resolve it (from my POV) peacefully.

Keep in mind I pretty much focused 90-95% of my points before that part too. But it was crucial to be able to avoid fights, as they're lethal experiences. Maybe why the devs made Dungeon Rats, as vast majority of the fans must have played a similar character like mine.

Please share with me / us in spoilers what kind of hybrid build are you talking about.

Should I buy Stardew Valley now on Steam or wait for it to go for a cheaper price during the summer sale?

lol why did those posts get deleted...

It's a fun game but wait for a sale

It's 20% off on Steam right now.

Can anyone here vouch for CrossCode? It's on sale and it looks really fun, but it's also still in Early Access and I'm really apprehensive about buying a game that's not actually finished yet.

Yes.

Does anyone here who cares think the genderswap designs for shovel knight all look off? They just look off, the only exceptions being black knight and plague knight.

>can genderswamp anybody

holy crap, the fapping

I like Queen Knight. The rest, not so much.

>get notification on Youtube
>HORSE'S MUSIC-DOGS aka iamqqqqqqq commented on my Murder Dog IV video asking if thecatamites was the same thecatamites who uses Worlds.com
>tell him I don't know because I don't use that service
>he says he sent him an email then posts this
What a magical world I live in that I get to see something like this.

>The moral good
Yes, fighting racism with more racism is so brave and moral. What an utterly pretentious shithead; that tweet is what sealed the deal for me.

It's shit like this that makes me unable to enjoy Stardew Valley.

I'm unable to enjoy it past my original playthrough because as someone who has played video games for almost 30 years I can tell pretty well when a game has terrible controls and Stardew Valley has them in spades. That and a couple other things, like my having seen things done in Stardew Valley done much better in Dwarf Fortress, or to a lesser extent Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, and the part where I really think the dialogue is cringier than anything Bioware shits out these days, and the part where there is next-to-no good rule 34 in a game that is about settling down with a waifu, and that the waifus are comparably shit compared to just about every non-Bioware game out there with waifus, the part where I really detest the music and a number of the graphical design choices and the horrific options menu and how there is still no proper windowed mode accessible without first toggling to borderless windowed mode, which is an innovation I despise. List goes on.

Link to all the swaps?

>yfw user saved 17€ for you

Thanks a bunch, based user!