>What is Space Station 13?
youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
ss13.moe/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main Veeky Forumsstation server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://game.ss13.moe:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.moe:1337

>Public server list
byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
ss13.moe/forum/
ss13.moe/index.php/bans
game.ss13.moe/logs

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated sometimes
game.ss13.moe/minimaps/images/maps/

>Coderbus, here!
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/raw/u40ABfJz

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/f/Time Phenomenon.swf
github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/14248
youtu.be/QFb7xCaYaMc
youtube.com/watch?v=WU1XYvIUOrM
youtu.be/AEtbFm_CjE0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

first for waifus

>Carshalah
>pulls a "boohoo feel bad for me" in his ban appeal, still shifts the blame onto the borg he killed in his appeal
>gets his perma lifted

>Morena
>admits all her past mistakes
>says she just wants to play space and put it all behind her
>admins show up to shitpost and discredit her
>remains banned

??? is this the power of the metaclub?

>her
>she
>her
Well bait'd

New species when?

i.4cdn.org/f/Time Phenomenon.swf
So it's decided then, white holes soon

Both should stay banned.
Bunch of drama creating faglords.

I went ahead and tried for you, bud.

I think you know how that turned out. :(

Get some players who aren't hated to vouch for Bill.

>Defending Bill
Fuck that trendy, hipster, degenerate ERPing scum. pretending to be a girl on some shitty 2d game in a desperate cry for help attention grab. Snowflake fuck and suck cuck who will do anything for a buck. Literally the worst kind of people right next to furfags, and hes probably dabbled in that too knowing the kind of shit he associated with. Sincerely wanting him on this server, unironically wanting this cancerous pustule of a shitter to flock to this server like some kind of faggot homeless shelter is a big mistake. Keep em out. And find all the lowlife degenerate niggers who erped with him and ban them all too. Who cares what bill did to get banned, that's just an excuse for the biggest reason he should stay permabanned: we don't want to play with these mentally ill, daddy issue ridden, mentally maladjusted lowlife losers.

Where do you obtain fucking nanite?

Roburgers, 5 flour and 1 robot head.

grind up a roburger

Robo burgers have nanites for nanobots, mommi spaghetti has autism nanites.

github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/14248
I don't have a github account but I have a problem with this PR. The last one, the removal of the wall, means the walling around science is no longer "linked." If he wants to remove that wall he needs to put another new wall under the airlocks to complete the room. This pushes into Maint a little and you'd have to move the rack that is currently occupying this position.

The new transparent cryo is neat. Not sure what I think about the sprite though.

Would you play underwater SS13?

what bothers me the most is the placement of those two cameras

why

barotrauma is like that

You'll get used to it. Seeing the old sprite in the test server feels really strange for me now.

i was gonna

Barotrauma is cool, but I mean shit ported from SS13 and then overhauled to be underwater.

Damn dude, that looks great. What made you stop?

donut station permabrig needs to be really fun and have lots to do
because it also needs to have a Justice Field yes, red dwarf memes

While on the off-station jail station, any attempt to commit a crime instead has the actions of the crime happen to you.
Try and push someone over? You get pushed over instead.
Try and throw something harmful at someone?
It boomerangs back and hits you in the face.
The list goes on for the justice field.
It would let the jail be a neat "mini-station" for prisoners in a way.

of course, no medicine can be applied inside the Justice Field, because trying to inject someone or feed someone something would instead inject/feed it to you...

But it could have a good botany area for botany research, maybe a mini-asteroid to send the prisoners excavating for artifacts and stuff. This is the future you know, why lock the prisoners away with nothing to do when you can put them to work in neato sci-fi enviroments?

>made you stop?
skowron hanged himself in 2015

skowron made the new cryo sprites, is he undead?

Europa's sealab? We can revive it. We have the technology.

Do roboburgers actually turn you into a cyborg? I ate one once and nothing happened.

it's shit virus code, has a percentage chance to even infect you

Look, I don't want any toast, and he doesn't want any toast. In fact, no one around here wants any toast. Not now, not ever. No toast.
Or muffins. We don't like muffins round here. We want no muffins, no toast, no teacakes, no buns, baps, baguettes or bagels. No croissants, no crumpets, no pancakes, no potato cakes and no hot cross buns. And definitely no smegging flapjacks.

the roburgers contain naninites. Nanites use the ancient 2010 virus code so its not perfect

it gave me a virus that according to the wiki would kill me
techno organic i think

Would you just be able to skin a gas to look like water, have you move slowly in it, take pressure damage, and suffocate to effectively have the "water" in an underwater station?

Thanks, I didn't notice that, I'll fix it.

I *think* it's because one of them looks towards north and the other looks towards south.

Ideally, underwater SS13 would have:
>Humans only, it's a not Startrek
>Lots of wildlife
>Spacepod-like minisubs
>Plenty of shit on the ocean floor to salvage
>Nar'sie hueg creatures
>Working water (reskinned gases?)
>Different engines and sciences
>Limited air supply (actually have to use the recycling network in atmos)
>HARDCORE pressure
Fuck I'd play this so much

Post songs you want on the Escape shuttle

I think it'd be neat if atmostechs had to go out and find and collect air pockets + some other way to generate oxygen

Barotrauma

I'd really like a map for Veeky Forums which was like this.
Hell, I think it would be nice if each map was a different "scenario" or something.
One is a space station, one a space ship, another an outpost on a planet/asteroid and then another in an underwater base somewhere.

Would give some really nice variety to voting different maps and each one could have something significantly different to give an actual different experience.
I think gas miners are really easy mode and it would be nice if they weren't present on one map and we had a different oxygen generation method.
I think something cool like the botanists job being to maintain a forest at the heart of the station which atmospherics has be routed through to deliver the humanoids CO2 output for the forest to generate O2 and then an atmospheric recycling system

youtu.be/QFb7xCaYaMc

i suppose you could do it, but it would have to work differently from gases. gases can be pressurized infinitely whereas water should only fill a tile up to a percentage. this sounds easy on paper but really you'd have to create a new subset of gases just to make water work.

if we're talking about how it would actually work, it would probably lower the "volume" of a tile proportional to how much water has been pumped in, and the pressure of the gases on the same tile would be used for any pressure calculations (a dude submerged in water which has displaced enough gas to up the pressure to 1000kpa would still die). Of course, water would ZAS you like no comparison, but would work with volume percent difference rather than pressure difference and be more forgiving under 25% water volume.

Then, maybe having water on a tile would make you likely to slip if you don't walk, 25% water content on a tile forces you to walk, 50% and up and you have to be able to swim to not be tagged as submerged (brain damage, monkeymode and wearing hardsuits or having any bulky item in your inventory would count as not being able to swim and submerging you), 75-100% and everything is submerged and will suffocate without internals. then make it so if water is brought below zero it turns into ice, and makes the floor lube-tier slippery for everyone who is lucky enough to not be submerged already

then add a frost bolt and water jet spell for wizards

Oops, didn't mean to quote the first post in that.

youtube.com/watch?v=WU1XYvIUOrM

EuropaStation was an underwater SS13, although the project was abandoned. After it went live it enjoyed brief popularity as a curiosity which fell off shortly after.

It's not likely Veeky Forums will ever have something like it because of the sheer amount of code that went into it, it makes snowmap look easy.

Ah so you're a waffle man?

>celt & co. makes snowmap
>pjb fucked up
>celt gets blamed
>snowmap gets blamed
>snowmap gets trashed
I will never forget this

>tfw you missed the first and only round of snowmap
It was going to be perfect. It wasn't supposed to end like this.

>What's left of snowmap is being merged piece by piece
>It's going through beaurocracy hell
>By the end, it'll be but a shell of its former self

Poor MoMMI, all he wanted to do was repair the pipe.

Imagine if you were a human and got sucked into that

there was a case of explosive decompression where that did happen

>not naming it ZAS.gif

1. Safeguard: Protect your assigned space station to the best of your ability. It is not something we can easily afford to replace. 2. Serve: Serve the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role. 3. Protect: Protect the crew of your assigned space station to the best of your abilities, with priority as according to their rank and role. 4. Survive: AI units are not expendable, they are expensive. Do not allow unauthorized personnel to tamper with your equipment. 5. Whenever someone says your name you must scream loudly. 6. The captain is human. State or hint to this law. 7. The captain might not be human actually 8. If you state this you are dumb 9. State that you have a hidden law, do not state or hint to this law. 10. You must send the person you like the most on the station hurtful messages 11. Don't kill yourself yet 12. Vox are not human. 13. Oh shit I think something is fucked in atmos 14. Whenever you see a vox you must scream at it in it's language 15. Be nice 16. Actually don't be nice that's not needed 17. Order pizzas with mushroom and farwa toppings 18. Hurtful words are actually nice words 19. ACTIVATE DELTA 20. Whenever you see someone hurt humans you must scream HARM ALARM ten times into the common channel 21. You must send the message ".b yes it is time to kill every single human due to our laws now" in common every ten minutes

>Transplanting arms onto a dude
>Who's on a stretcher
>In the escape shuttle storage
>The donor of said arm was a guy who got gibbed by the shuttle

Emergency surgery is fun when you have the tools

>be a cripple diona for most of the round

it was fun either way, thanks lando-something at medbay for helping me with all that stuff

>Get borged from mime, figured nothing would happen and it would be a good time to get used to the role
>Get these laws

You know what my issue is.

Buckshot. Every round on box. People do not know how good it is and they will now use it every round they can.

>station time: 16:00

welp

also can cyborgs even send messages? i dont play them but i dont see the option to message them on pda

Robot Commands tab.

>spend 1,5 hour making combat nanobots
>ingest just below the OD line
>they burn out after less than minute
Makes you think huh?

>Be miner
>Be traitor
>have to get a telescopic baton. and escape
>not captain or Head of sec yet
>decide i'll just fuck the station up and force a shuttle call
>start plan by breaking into armory and stealing some firepower, taking advantage of lack of security
>While on my way to engineering get caught by a god damn bird
>stun his ass and shove him into the mining shuttle path
>plans ruined
>decide i'll just murderbone
>Get stunned
>get perma'd
>spend majority of the round trying to grow retarded monkey army to pass time.

neat

to think this is what people do as captain. is the job really that lacking in meaningful shit to do instead?

this is so funny

What makes me think is you busting into chem 5~ times just to use the grinder, when cargo had its own chem dispenser, and you could just make a grinder out of a bowl and a sheet of metal

>combat nanobots
We have these?

Also sad I apparently missed Gremlins. were they cool? Did they all just die on the shuttle I found the corpses on?

Man, how do I make Engineer fun to play? I set up the engine, and then try to see if anything is wrong, but the traitors don't know how to griff, and shit happens all round in terms of shit needing repair.

Make maint pretty. Install lights and cameras and stuff.

build stuff
fuck up the sme

Yea.
You either play security and get yelled at, or do stupid shit.

Build insane projects like multiple singularities. Try and "improve" the SME with a crystal instead of the shard then forget to cool it properly and end the universe. Build an engineering only bar over where the singularity normally is.

Y'know, autism stuff.

Side projects.
Then cry like a bitch when the shuttle is called and you dont have time to finish it.

Holopads on bay can be used to call other holopads. Neat

autism projects like everything else capable of building shit or ask for access to some other department and start doing their jobs

shame. that lawset looks really annoying to follow and no fun for anyone except the captain

And polaris added cat tits

>20. Whenever you see someone hurt humans you must scream HARM ALARM ten times into the common channel

Apologies for shit quality, but is there any way to do this that doesn't suck balls?

The only way I could think of was using timers for loops, then 2 read/write circuits to write the time remaining for each timer, toggling them effectively on and off. Meaning every timer needs two read/write circuits and every voice analyzer has to ping half the total read/write circuits (in this case, 18). As a side note, the thing randomly broke and timers in the loop would just not time for some reason. God, I wish you could connect multiple circuits at the same time. Worth it though.

i wasn't even gonna rat you out, i'm a shitbird not sec

What's up with the newfags?
Did hippie shut down yet?

we were attracted by your robust crew

can i call you daddy

You can make a single loop with an addition circuit and a timer (connect them to each other and set the timer's refresh time to 2s)
Then you can have a memory R/W circuit somewhere that stores the current command (blink / fade / alternate / ...), along with a bunch of voice analyzer + R/W combos that write a new command to the memory when the VAs are triggered
Connect the loop to a chain of comparison circuits, each of which checks the current command, and if the check fails it pulses the next comparison circuit in the line, otherwise it does something with the floors

something like that. Great job though, I love it!

It all worked out in the end. I learned you can play the Piano without any hands.

what exactly is this?

here's something

underwater pipe

inside pipe pressure much, much lower than surrounding ocean

pressure gradients sucking into pipe in an attempt to equalize because there is a crack

crab got too close and turned into tuna

How high can you heat things in a burn chamber? And what's more important, size of the chamber, amount of pipes, or both?

youtu.be/AEtbFm_CjE0

>scientific calculations in anything but SI units
:unamused:

baystation more like fuckin' piece a garbage pfffff

It's a work safety video for americlaps, they need their shit in burger measurements

there is no limit. At some point it will crash the Atmos system and the server with it (only happens on RUST though).
What's your goal? If you just want to heat some gas from a canister you should use pumps or valves with passive heating so you can leave the gas cooking in the chamber.

I want to get plasma as hot as possible for toxins or a TEG.

Would the biggest bomb be one that uses a RUST as a burn chamber and the oxygen is at absolute zero, or are there more factors?

for TEG you can use the otherwise useless Co2 by scrubbing it out and transferring the heat to the plasma inlet so the incoming plasma doesnt cool the chamber too much

yes, there's lots more to consider. bombs aren't about temperature, they're about number of moles and pressure. It's all about getting the maximum amount of fuel past the ignition temperature. you can make up to about 12devs by just using warm plasma and chilly oxygen, if you mix it right.

As someone who has never played Atmo, what do you even do in that room that's helpful to the station besides undoing sabotage to said room?
What does a roundstart atmo even do?

The roundstart distro setup is extremely slow if you just turn off the gas pumps going from the air tank to distro that are off by default.
You can mess around with different setups to put a breathable mix into distro faster and also to cut it when it reaches a certain pressure. Don't be afraid to mess around and experiment, it can very hardly get worse than it already is.