Ford and Chrysler have made a comeback, making great cars

>Ford and Chrysler have made a comeback, making great cars
>meanwhile GM is fucking itself over

>all the camaros with the exception of the tarbo
>all the vettes
>cts v
>chebby ss (;w;)
ecoboxes might not be their thing but they do just fine when it comes to sports cars

>all the camaros with the exception of the tarbo

There's nothing wrong with the Turbo Camaro

>gm
>performance
in stitches

sorta
it's just nothing special

>chevy full size trucks
>colorado
>suburban tahoe and the rest of the SUVs
>the new traverse
>Impala and malibu are good
>the new cruze is extremely capable
>cadillacs cars are really light and good handling
>GMC is just there

GM's entire line up is doing really good.

Saged

They killed their best branch by not supporting Holden
Instead of bitching the SS was too expensive to manufacture and import from australia they should have started building them in the US to lower cost

But no

V8 sedans with a manual option arent "trendy" anymore

Let alone the utes

I miss Pontiac

Hnnng why are Australians so cucked and yet still do things like this
>rwd
>manual
>LS3
>no weight over the rears

Honestly its a practical muscle car and Id rather one over a typical pony car any day

>They killed their best branch by not supporting Holden
Australians didn't support Holden.
>Instead of bitching the SS was too expensive to manufacture and import from australia they should have started building them in the US to lower cost
The SS rides on the Zeta platform and the Zeta platform is inferior to the Alpha. GM isn't going to go out of their way to keep around an aging inferior platform after spending millions designing a platform specifically to (replace) the Zeta as their new global RWD platform.

>V8 sedans with a manual option arent "trendy" anymore
Partially true, the SS could easily be revived on the Alpha and the Alpha (being GM's Global RWD platform) supports both RHD and LHD so they could give Aussies another RWD Commodore assuming Aussies are interested in another RWD platform. seems like they buy most of their RWD cars from BMW which is one of the reasons Holden was doing so bad. Zeta just wasn't up to tech with its rivals and everyone drifted to them.

>Let alone the utes
True, not that they can;t also be brought back on the Alpha it would just cost extra money to configure a platform for a car that the market no longer shows interest in. same reason there will never be a CTS-V Wagon.

>cheapest lowest cost Camaro is the least impressive

I mean that's kind of the point isn't it. Still faster than a ND Miata for similar price.

>Still faster than a ND Miata for similar price.
I think its actually as fast as a 370Z.. holy shit.

Pontiac was gonna make a G8 Uta before they got axed so shit like Buick and Hummer could live. Thanks GM.

Same. Been a hardcore Pontiac fan since I was a kid, which is funny because my dad's a huge Ford fan. Lots of car banter whenever visiting.

They were planning on bringing the wagon too.

I got a friend who works for GM and he says they're talking about a brand being revived. He doesn't know which one.

It's Pontiac. No one cares at all about any other brand. It won't matter though, since none of the original people will be under that division.

I wish someone retardedly rich would hire everybody that used to work and Pontiac, especially the people behind the Fiero and motivate them to make a car specifically to cuck the Corvette. And then the Camaro. And then their next popular cars on down the line.

>Ford and Chrysler have made a comeback, making great cars
They did, where?

Chrysler's making Fiat clones and going full meme on hp.
Ford's not doing anything spectacular either.
GM's a shit too.

American cars have been shit since 1972, look even Worst Korea is passing us by.

More performance cars within GM's lineup pushing each other will lead to faster cars. They took a step in the right direction when they let the Camaro team do what they wish.

Id like another car like the Solstice only this time designed from the ground up instead of sampling corvette parts.

>sell brand right before it writes black figures
>revive other brand to hurt their own sales

Ye sounds like gm

Top kek, Chrysler is still the worst American automaker by far.

>a few loss-leader teenage wank performance cars
>literally bottom barrel everything else

It's Pontiac without a doubt. GM has always regretted having to Axe them. I mean, they abused the fuck out of them, and definitely neglected them in it's last years, but they were always really proud of the division. Before uncle Sam told them to axe it as part of their bailout, they were supposedly planning a comeback for Pontiac.

Definitely Pontiac.
The recent Trans Am was them dipping their toes for a revival.

>recent trans am

you mean that awful Camaro body kit from a few years back?

Yes

>recent trans am
what am i missing?

I dont know if I could handle a Trans Am without pop up lights after the 3rd and 4th gens

or a pigfat modern fiero

This. i'm hoping the Trams AM name doesn't really come back if its just going to be a Camaro re-skin. re-skins and re-badges is what hurt Pontiac and i want them to make their own stuff.

pics started popping up a few years ago of Camaros turned into Trans Ams.

but it's just a group called "TransAmDepot" that does customizations, specifically, they make custom "modern" Trans Ams

they aren't even American anymore

they are just FIAT