Can someone tell me how takumi is there Hero...

Can someone tell me how takumi is there Hero? There are multiple racers that are better than him in every way/ have worked way harder but takumi wins anyway because of some unfair bullshit

I was racing this asshole and there were leaves on the course that made me spin out somehow and we nearly fucking crashed and instead of stopping to help he just finished and said he won, what the fuck?

Underdog with slower car.

I don't consider anything after Tak vs Ryo (end of animu S1) to be canon though.

>underdog
Things takumi was given without any hardship :
Driving skill, free tutorship
Heavily modified RWD car
More modifications for said cat
Friends
Job
A second car
An education

You realize I'm literally just fuck me off at this loint

In the first season the 86 was only lightly modded. He "paid" for the engine upgrade by driving tofu to a hotel at 4am for years. He went to school 6 days a week, drove tofu every night, and kept a job for years...

Don't watch/read it then, dawg.

Yeah tagumi is a fucking mary sue of a character, the best parts are where he gets schooled bunta.
Speaking of which bunta and itsuke are the best characters, by far.

this nigga gets it. 4th and 5th stage did have some plot holes like the sweaty s2k man and the EK9 that evaded a cat

What about miata man who's wing came loose

Honestly from a writing standpoint takumi is a SHIT protagonist

yeah but the writing was great up until the 3rd stage. Also the leaf spinning is completely true, I was walking the other day and I almost fell because of the dry leaves accumulated, that shit gives no friction.

I liked it when he broke the 86 spastically when he saw his waifu was a slut because I could relate.

Takumi should have been a failure in every other way / had to give up something or some shit

Also he should have actually just straight up lost , at least a few times

What Veeky Forums will tell you: Dagumi wins because of plot armor.

The actual underlying story of Initial D: Toyota makes the best cars. Rotaries only win because they are heavily flawed in real life. Hondas lose because of convenient plot related reasons, even though they would otherwise win.

I think that would have added more character other than "le ebin trueno that never loses

the wangan guy lost races and he like straight up stopped going to high-school and everyone non car related thought he was a freak aside from his smoking teacher that he banged on the hood of the car

>aside from his smoking teacher that he banged on the hood of the car

never saw that part user

also Over Rev! is the superior choice of car-related things

Over rev is too lewd and never fucking upd at es

>he like straight up stopped going to high-school and everyone non car related thought he was a freak aside from his smoking teacher that he banged on the hood of the car
I need to start watching this anime again.

In my opinion, Itsuki should've been the main character of Initial D, while Takumi was his close friend that he not only looked up to, but was also legendarily good. The fact that Itsuki bought an AE85 would also make him a more fitting protagonist, and I imagine he'd lose plenty more races than Takumi has, but learned from his mistakes (albeit slowly).

>lightly modded
Didnt bunta mod that shit to perfection over his lifetime?

Takumi could be revealed to be an asshole/villain too later down the road.

We'd follow itsuki from getting his license to working to get a car, then find out he got tricked into ae85 and later with taks help committing himself to it and getting better (episode 1-4)
Then he'd start racing modest shut that's believable , other 85s, stock civics, maybe he'll lose his first race against some stock ek sedan.

At the end he'd learn to appreciate cars as a whole and his driving and mechanic skill would improve

At the risk of being brainwashed by Veeky Forums memes, maybe Itsuki could've been friends with Shingo, and his AE85 got a 13B in it because he found a junked one the spin twins replaced, and since rotaries have far fewer parts than a piston engine, he tried rebuilding it himself.

>free tutorship
>losing years of sleep being forced to deliver tofu
>apparently being self taught is being instructed
>putting in seat time dedicated to going faster is free, and not hard work
>some suspension tuning, brakes, shit tires, and gearing changes counts as "heavily modified"
>engine swap was necessary to give it half a chance against incredibly high performance cars
>friends are given
>a job is given
>a car that he does not own in any way was given to him
>basic education is not free for anyone else in Japan

or keisuke

I liked the two of them more than plot armor ae86 man