I just want to take a minute and remind everyone that this organization is a complete fucking scam...

I just want to take a minute and remind everyone that this organization is a complete fucking scam. They advertise free towing but then in the hidden text they reveal that it's only free towing to the nearest AAA service center. If you want it towed elsewhere, only the first three miles are free. Beyond that, it's $4/mile. Keep in mind that this rate is significantly higher than what any private tow truck company would charge you.

Now the irony here is that AAA outsources their work to these same private tow truck companies so this whole concept of AAA security is a complete fucking farce since they just contact the same tow company nearby that you could have contacted yourself by using Google for three minutes.

The only other services they offer include: free flat tire assistance (lol), free out of fuel assistance (lol), and mobile battery replacement. Essentially they come out to wherever you're stranded and sell you a new battery (and install it)

Someone please explain to me why so many people have bought into this scam

bc

Maybe your club. My AAA towed me wherever I wanted.

Same with me, I've had my car towed to my house many times, no extra charges

Nope. It's listed on their website. The only way around it is if you buy the higher tier plan which costs significantly more. Again, still cheaper to just call a tow for yourself

I have the middle-tier plan for 100 miles to wherever I want. I use the perks like hotel and car rental discounts all the time.

I don't think you know how much towing shit costs. Here is a Police accident call. Now private tow won't be this much but Yea buddy a private tow gonna run you way more than $4 a mile.

Here's the car

OP doesn't know shit. I have the AAA Premier Membership. Cost $120/year.

I get:
(3) 100 mile tow any destination
(1) 200 mile tow any destination
Tons of assistance for traveling, discounts on hotels, motels, restaurants, websites, etc.

I broke down in Firebaugh, CA and needed to get to Stockton to a trailer. Free 200 mile tow. I asked the driver how much they usually charge for a tow, he said normal rate is $7/mile. $7 DOLLARS A FUCKING MILE. And that was back in 2009. God only knows what it is now. That experience alone has made me keep up my membership. That tow would've cost me $1400. Having AAA for the last 8 years has cost me $960.

>confirmed for not having the slightest fucking idea of what he's talking about.
Quite being a poorfag, don't buy cigarettes or coffee for a couple weeks and you could afford that expensive auto plan.

>comic sans

i get caa premiere and usually use all my tows in the year

i get i believe :
1 320 km tow
5 200 km tow

i also had my impound fees reimbursed last year

great service, would recommend to anyone who road trips for sure

Discounts are a scam. No matter the ammount you think you save, you can save more by just shopping around and using travel sites.

The other stuff is fine though. I just hate when people tout AAA's discounts.

No you a fucking retarded faggot. You obviously have no experience in the matter so shut your tard mouth up.

Tow cuck driver here.

It's your AAA club and they're shit. The reason why they only offer you a free to to an AAA repair facility is that's the only way the towing company makes money. Do some research into who owns the towing company and who owns the repair company. The towing company eats absolute shit money wise on the tow since AAA pays like ass. Then the AAA repair facility fucks you money wise on the repair. Most people are stupid and go along with it. This money is then kicked back to the towing part of the business to keep everything afloat. The stupid beaner running the AAA truck likely isn't earning any more than $12/hr. They could be doing a job that ears them more without the risk of getting run over by some drunk fucker.

Now that $4/mile rate you're talking about sounds like you bought the wrong package. So likely the problem here is you, not AAA. The AAA clubs I used to work for literally did not give a fuck where you were broken down or where you wanted it towed to. If you were a Plus member you got 100 miles for free and after that it was $3/mile. But too many stupid fuckers bought AAA thinking that it got them free towing when they bought the basic membersip which in my local club got you 3 miles for free and cost $4/mile unless it was going to an AAA facility. I dealt with these dumb fuckers every fucking week. "But AAA gives free towing!" No. Stop. Fuck yourself. You couldn't be bothered to read what you bought. Fuck you.

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea that $4/mile is an expensive rate either. That's pretty par for the course. Cheap even in some areas. My old company cash rates used to be $75 just to put a hook on the damn thing, then we charged $5/mile, fuel surcharge and any tolls. This is all assuming it's a basic hook and book. If any special equipment was needed or we spent any more time than 15 minutes on scene we charged extra for the equipment and labor.

>"But AAA gives free towing!"
>No. Stop. Fuck yourself

Hahahaha, awesome.

(cont) AAA does offer more benefits than what you're describing. They also offer free lockout services. The fuel delivery likely isn't free if you're a basic member, which, if you read what you bought, you would know this. There's also lots of discounts available and I always used them for their registry services so instead of waiting for hours at the DMV and dealing with some government asshole I only ever waited 15 minutes max and dealt with some friendly person.

All this being said, I can guarantee you bought the wrong package. One of the clubs I used to work for was AAA National and if you were a Plus or higher member you could break down anywhere and get brought anywhere within 100 miles for free. I've used it myself a few times. Same for the other club I used to work for. It was pretty universal as well because we would have people from AAA clubs very far away break down in our service area and we would honor the free tow within 100 miles to wherever they wanted if they were a Plus member.

The only part about your post that is accurate is that AAA is essentially a middle man. They fuck towing companies over hard with their shit pay. I'm extremely happy that I work for a company that won't deal with them. Most of our tows come from cash customers, law enforcement or high pay insurance calls. Motor clubs pay us like shit and believe me, we hate them too.

That being said, as a customer of AAA, they do kick ass and you'll be very hard pressed to find a better deal. I've dealt with all the motor clubs there is and from a customer service and value per dollar spent stand point AAA is at the top of their game hands down.

So, once again, OP is likely retarded and a faggot who didn't read what he bought. Way to go retard. You're an asshole customer and at least twenty people behind the scenes have talked about what a faggot you are.

Damn man y'all are running a scam operation. You must live in an unregulated county to get away with bullshit like that. No way that thing required three bags of oil dry. Or an extra person. Or as much labor as you have listed.No key charge is bullshit as well. Your have a key on your truck, it's called a fucking J hook. You should have put a hook on that bitch and cleared the scene within 15 minutes of arrival, cleanup included you worthless faggot.

Thanks for being a part of the problem as to why no insurance companies want to insure wreckers and why everyone views us as scam artists.

Shit, $900 for a simple light duty wreck that only went a few miles. I wish I were making that kind of cash. I truly am jealous, but your asshole company policies will come crashing down on you hard soon when insurance companies rape you in court.

no idea what shithole you're in but any place i call that wants more than $80 for a 50 mile or less tow doesn't get private tows i'm guessing. i know i just call the next place
i also only paid $3 a mile because getting a tow at midnight the other 2 places open were 4 and 5 a mile, $480 tow according to dispatch, guy told me $360 when we got to my house.

$4/mile seems about average for long distance, shorter trips can be done for $50-$80

>implying police contracted towing is the same as private towing

I've got the most basic plan, and they towed me to my house. Get cucked.

Also the discount benefits are off the chain

I'll give you a "tow" bby

Bruh I got my first month at my self storage for free, plus a fifteen percent discount. That literally paid for my AAA membership this year.

Have the towing policy through insurance.
Had to use it twice and both times it was a 2+ hour wait time. Asked the driver about it the first time and he told me the call just came in.
>You pay if you use it with either your money or your time
I guess they hope you get tired of waiting

I towed a non-streetable Eagle Talon twice for free.

>wrecker anally annihilated about AAA and towing

It all adds up.

>tfw you have USAA and nothing to worry about