Coworker let me testdrive his CRZ and it was a pretty fun shitbox to drive...

Coworker let me testdrive his CRZ and it was a pretty fun shitbox to drive, went online and found a MINT one with 38k miles for ONLY 13k. Why shouldn't i buy this cool looking,fun,manual commuter?
>sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/6068016312.html

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6083000535.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6070134828.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6079865056.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6058089819.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6021336283.html
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/6076089400.html
fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=34427&id=34262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's a neat deal, wouldbuy

Kinda weird looking car. I'm sure there are more fun cars to be had at 13k.

it's literally a new CRX, what's not to like?

Heavier, no option of easy engine swap.
I wanted to get one when they first came out, but the are nothing like crx

The problem is the Hyundai Veloster is a better interpretation of the CRX than Honda's own CRZ is.

Honda fucked this shit up with the hybrid. Why the extra weight? To top it off the hybrid doesn't even net you consistently superior gas mileage over the naturally-aspirated Veloster. Also visibility is worse in the CRZ than the Veloster, which I didn't even think was possible because visibility out of the Veloster is absolute Camaro-tier.

it doesn't weight too much more, CRX was a fucking tin can. Of course hybrid was not what we wanted but at least there's some aftermarket for it. I just like how it looks,drives, and feels for such a low price. There are many examples with alot of miles so we know they are reliable and last, i'm not too sure about Hyundai

Does the hybrid have drag race mode?

>Tries to do everything
>Is awful at everything

decent mpg's,light,manual,nice looking,plenty of aftermarket, cheap as fuck

Because it's an econobox that isn't any better than a 3k civic. 13k cash could get you some much more fun/interesting cars.

but it's a NEW 3k civic, those more fun/interesting cars would use alot more gas and have alot more miles. Suggest something better

make sure someone didn't die in it,

well are you trying to finance or paying cash?

a 1995 civic will get better MPG and be cheaper to run in the long run. And WAY cheaper to get into.

maybe 8k down, i have other cars i just want a reliable,fun, like-new commuter and this seems to be it
too many problems with older used cars of the sort

You do realize that for WAY less than $10k (assuming you buy it for around $3k) you could get the civic

>all brand new AC components
>a freshly built engine with OEM shit and warranty
>all new brakes and suspension
>random interior bits that you may need
All bought and installed for less than a USED CRZ that will also have issues and need repairs, right?

what are your other cars?

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6083000535.html
if the ima battery has been replaced.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6070134828.html
it'd be worth doing the body work.

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6079865056.html

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6058089819.html

a crz with 38k miles isn't going to have any problems for a long time, i dont want an old Civic
86 and an 05 STI, not interested in those cars

Then enjoy wasting your money. Kill yourself.

>hen enjoy wasting your money
>Kill yourself
why so upset user, i dont want an old civic get over it

the crz is shit. you must only like faggy boyracer cars.

it was a fun drive, i find it hard to believe a basic civic lx is enjoyable to say the least

So buy the piece of shit CRZ. It's a garbage car. You asked why you shouldn't buy it you dumb faggot. Don't ask if you don't want the answers.

>faggy boyracer cars

Not the guy you were replying to, but the civic is perhaps unfairly the embodiment of faggy boyracer cars

>So buy the piece of shit CRZ
>You asked why you shouldn't buy it you dumb faggot
herp derp 3k civic meme, grow up kiddo

Wasn't even memeing you. You are looking at a daily driver HONDA. The civic is the king of cheap daily driving with great MPG's idiot. Get a fucking corolla then. IDGAF.

just leave this thread, you have no reason to be butthurt. Least you could have done is suggest something better than an old civic but you can't into read

Because you could buy a Civic Si instead.

>mad no one sucks him off about his shitty CRZ

i didn't even buy it yet, relax you're autism. What car with a 13k budget would you suggest, maybe i should go fulldummy and get a fiesta st

I think you should buy $5.99 of rope and fucking hang yourself.

>I don't want a used car cuzz they are unreliable and need too much work!!!!!
>wut used car should I buy??

Just tell us what car you want us to tell you to buy.

Prius

sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/6021336283.html

you could literally buy a same year Civic Si for a little more

it'll be even more fun to drive, just as reliable if not moreso (honda hybrids don't have cheap batteries), and more practical.

sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/6076089400.html

this fiesta st is also suspiciously cheap for a car still under warranty

why cant you realize that some people don't like dealing with cars that have ALOT of miles, i want something clean

it would seem Fiesta ST and CRZ is what i'm thinking, but i don't mind the less performance out of the CRZ just like idea of modern CRX

>if it's used it must have a lot of miles
>except this used car that I want
LOL

Suggest a better car with low miles you mongoloid, all you keep posting is beat up old civics

ITT: Late-stage terminal autism

>Veeky Forums is one person
I've posted twice. Tard.

what car did you suggest?

No other car I can think of that seems as good a deal

>The problem is the Hyundai Veloster is a better interpretation of the CRX than Honda's own CRZ is.
I second that.

The gas savings wouldn't be much. The breakeven between a 3k civic and a 13k crz which needs another battery in a decade will take decades.

just buy a miata

is the hideous veloster still better option than Fiesta st?

mate you can find a better deal. I found one with 17k, for the same price (manual ofc), but also from a dealer. Also had warranty I believe.

Keep price shopping, I've heard they're neat little fun, reliable, and good on gas and a great daily driver

Hybrid. Kinda lags on throttle other than that its fine.

>Fiesta st
Both cars are hideous and FWD.

I'd get something either RWD or AWD. FWD is OK for commuting though

Its off the insight more than the crx

CRX seems the least hideous and most economical

Yeah, maybe a salvage title

for a modern car it looks quite nice

I would get an Si. Gas savings will be around the same and you have a 4 door fun car to drive around, it's probably much lighter too.

>not interested in an 86
>wants literally the successor of the fucking del sol, that is unironically an ugly 1.5l hybrid shitbox named "Compact Renaissance Zero"
At that point you might as well get Whyundie Velobster and not hold up traffic.

I am interested in my 86, I want something a little more economical for commuting

Again its an insight not a crx or del sol.

Not him but Close enough to new CRX

Have you calculated how many million miles you'd have to drive that for the fuel saving to break even with the price?
pic related

Only in looks and thats a stretch.

Gets way better mpg's than my two other cars, really in just want to cover them up for weekends while I daily drive the CRZ

>CRZ pros and cons from an owner of a 6MT version.

>Pro: fun handling, lots of space for a two seater, more fun to drive than most shitboxes in it's price range, unique body style that does evoque CRX thoughts. Great interior and dash layout. Very affordable if you want something that stands out a little more than a Sentra or Civic.

>Cons: Power. Or lack there of. This car can't maintain cruise in 6th gear up any sort of incline, passing power is near non existent, even at Dagumi levels of downshifting. Thats assuming you're driving around in sport mode. Normal is almost painful to deal with in the city, and eco mode feels downright dangerous with how sluggish the car becomes. I shudder to think what an automatic would do. Also since the motor automatically kicks off at stops to save fuel (no matter what mode) so does the A/C, so stop and go traffic in the heat is punishment.

A Honda Fit sport is better in every way.

>Trusting Wikipedia
>Not knowing its designer litterly used the last gen insight as a reference.

the similarities end at the exterior and name, it is nothing like the CRX

Manual is only option for me, I understand it's gutless but a fun economic commuter for CHEAP is all I want

Its on the insight platform no less. Only us honda marketed it as a crx successor as far as i know.

If the only purpose is to get you from A to B efficiently, it's a good as any beater, really. I, for one, daily an 86, with a sportsbike for the weekend.

you literally described a 3k civic. you can still find clean ones.

I want my 86 for weekends and not for shitty highway use with potholes and pebbles hitting my front end (have few rockchips). I don't want a boring civic lx people have been suggesting
3k civics aren't fun to drive, maybe a prelude or integra if shitbox is what I get

They are fun to drive. stop being retarded. If you went for a ride blindfolded in a civic, integra, and prelude, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.

>If you went for a ride blindfolded in a civic, integra, and prelude, you wouldn't be able to tell a difference.
Because he'd either drive so slowly you could feel a thing or dies.

>I want my 86 for weekends and not for shitty highway use with potholes and pebbles hitting my front end (have few rockchips)
I never understood why people baby a 25k car like a 6 figure supercar. Then again, our roads are fairly good, so my tiny chips are like tree-rings, one for every year I've had it.

I've owned a 90 civic, 98 gsr, and 01 prelude sh.

You are wrong

This. I bought my 86 because I wanted a fun reliable dd. Not a garage Queen

It's my first new car, I baby it regardless it being an 86 or even New base civic.
How was the prelude sh over gsr?

Point at this man and laugh at his wrongness. Laugh derisively.

You only save $650 a year on gas by choosing the fwd heavy 1.5l low power fat crz over the way more enjoyable rwd 200hp 86. fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=34427&id=34262

Wow that's neat

Daily the 86. Stop being a poorfag and get clearbra

Does anyone know this shitty hybrid only gets 33mpg?

no the fiesta is way better than the veloster

I've seen some clearbras (maybe cheaply done) but they make paint look dull and are really noticeable

Prelude is more comfy and refined. The atts is nice.

The Integra is way more fun to drive and more practical

...the fucking A/C cuts out..... Seriously? Like for real? WTF!

I live in Houston, that would be 10000000% no go for me. (not OP)

I recommend a mazdaspeed3 or a manual 2.5l mazda3

Subaru paint is shit. It will chip regardless

Enjoy the car

You can get a s2k for like 2k more, of course it'll have more miles but you still get the Honda reliability with a more unique car

Should've read the thread, couple posts in he specified that he wants it as an economic commuter shitbox.

only when in eco mode, and to disable autostop just use front defrosters.

For 13k you could get a vette in good shape and still pocket one or two grand for future maintenance. It would be worse on gas but so much more fun in every single way, and if you maintain it well it'll hold its value decently. Not to mention, nobody is gonna give a fuck about your Honda econobox but everyone and their mom is gonna wanna blow you while you do donuts in their boyfriends driveway

>i'm not too sure about Hyundai
Everything else aside, they've really stepped up their game with reliability.

>OP asks for economic commuter
>already has other cars
>Herp derp buy a corvette
Just go

>has the money to have an iconic rwd speed demon
>buys an econobox instead

How do I le downvote?

they need to put their 1.5T engine in there at least.
another car that would be great if it had a proper NA motor is the Lexus ct. I'd buy that in a second if it werent a hybrid

lol why would any crx (or any car for that matter) ever be as light as the old ones were

Is that even legal?

he didn't because he's btfo with his shite civic suggestion

no one wants to deal with 100k miles on a last century car
maybe someone just wants a modern fucking car

>Veeky Forums in a nutshell

I don't know about USA. But for 15k cad u can get an FRS w decent miles.

U r in libtard land, go up to van city and haggle a rich Asian for a 2016 FRS.