The old recommended reading picture sucks. It has a lot of great books, but there is no organization...

The old recommended reading picture sucks. It has a lot of great books, but there is no organization, (and then there are some bad books) making it hard for anyone to really use it.

Do we seriously think someone who wants to start investing and saving a bit of money every month needs to read Das Kapital?

So I decided to try and make a new recommended reading guide. This one has more "introductory" books, fewer of them, since getting a list with 10 books in each section won't really help a beginner, and they're divided into sections.

I do need some help finishing it though, since you'll notice a few sections have some books missing.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

Other urls found in this thread:

documentcloud.org/documents/1173808-elliot-rodger-manifesto.html
personalmba.com/best-business-books/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why don't we add a 5th section for improving soft skills related to business - i think that would better fit how to win friends, and other books like charisma myth etc.

>no margin of safety
>no common stocks and uncommon profits
>no business adventures

>bogleheads
>"the little book of"
>graham/dodd anything

Trying to keep a stale book fresh. Subtle joke, user. Here's a much more up to date book than Carnegie's:

documentcloud.org/documents/1173808-elliot-rodger-manifesto.html

I picked up the Intelligent Investor at 14 and read a chunk of it. Worth picking it up again now that I'm a little older at 20?

This

Veeky Forums is full of autismos with atrocious social skills, books on how to improve those would be far more useful than anything else on that list. Small talk and networking especially.

You should make separate sections for personal development (How to Win Friends, Lazy Mans way to Riches, etc) and philosophy/strategy (42 Laws of Power, Art of War, etc)

Also I think you should include Random Walk down Wall Street in the Investment category

>How to win friends and influence people
>Entrepreneurship

You're full of shit

The book specifically uses examples in the form of either self-employed people, or employees of businesses getting others to agree with them.

Added a new section, and some more books that were recommended in the thread.

I want to keep it to four books in each category. Giving a beginner "too much" choice is often a bad thing. That's the whole reason I felt I wanted to redo the reading list image we had.

Fair enough. Kudos for tackling this. Short of gettingbtge FUCKING STICKY we need, some good infographics are the next best thing.

Getting the*

Also, check em

Here is some inspiration
personalmba.com/best-business-books/

The entire Incerto series by NN Taleb. Not sure where you would file that.

Do someone has a link to download these books in PDF ?

Warren Buffet endorses Graham & Dodd but it's so dense that I question if the typical Veeky Forums user would get much out of it as "beginner" literature. Most of us have a basic understanding of what we "should" do with money, but we're emotional and irrational about it. I found this book to be effective in terms of actually changing my behavior and starting me towards escaping perpetual fuckup mode.

This is a good idea. I'm also partial to suggesting a section on career advice, which the old reading list skipped out on.

your list is shit.

nice list, definitely some books worth checking out there

you must be fun to hang around with, retard

Entrepreneurship:
The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco

I saw it was also on the old list. And it's a pretty good book to get out of the worker mindset and get into the entrepreneur mindset. It was written by a guy who also made it himself.

Another good personal development book is:
The Luck Factor by Brian Tracy

It's not an unique book, but quite useful to get into the proactive mindset. Which is necessary if you want to make it.