Which country makes the best cars, and why is it Britain?

Which country makes the best cars, and why is it Britain?

They really do

I know.

>Lotus

USA is better

Why did you bump this garbage thread?

we said britain not india

Correct, although USA makes awful cars.

I still can't believe this guy couldn't get a gf.

Wrong

for me
1. Sweden
2. British
3. Japan
4. Rest (germans, usa etc.)
5. Koreans are worst

Well Germany makes the best car, does that count?

The DB11 looks a bit off to me, like someone took a DB9 and missed the point of why it looks so good
It doesn't look anywhere near as poised or graceful as a touring Aston should. It should look like a Spitfire or a Hawker Hunter, the DB11 just doesn't

as a saab driver who wants to own a polestar i agree

Wrong, their cars are too small for me. (540+lbs, 6 ft.)

I can, his writings make me think he was extremely spergy

strong trip to post content correlation

I dunno what the fuck that's supposed to mean, so shut the fuck up.

1) nippon
2) germanistan
the rest is irrelevant, also: there is no such thing as a british car, it should rather be called an ugly indian pile of trash that's only appealing to new money shitskins

But muh v8

>Britain

I guess if you like shitty electrics and failing AC units, sure.

The entire McLaren line-up is nothing but V8, dummy.

American cars have soul and character
>Muh track performance
Yuropoors will never understand

Wrong.

This.

>Koreans are worst
What about China? Korean shitboxes are at least able to meet western safety standards.

few years outdated but you get the point

1) That's Jaguar-Land Rover you're thinking of, not Aston Martin
2) Aston has some foreign investors/owners, but both it and Jaguar-Land Rover are still British companies, based in Britain, staffed by British engineers and workers, because they are British
3) Aston Martins are designed, engineered, developed, and manufactured in Gaydon, England
4) Aston Martins use Aston's own bespoke British-engineered-and-built engines too; same with Jaguar-Land Rover (who have used *some* Ford engines in the past, and I think a couple of Land Rover models still do, but AFAIK all current Jaguars use British-engineered-and-built Jaguar engines, and many Land Rover / Range Rovers do as well)
5) Aston have signed a deal with Mercedes to use Mercedes engines in *cheaper versions* of its cars, but the *flagship* versions use British, Aston-Martin-designed engines (e.g. the DB11 currently has a British 5.2l twin-turbo V12 in it, but they will offer a cheaper version with a Merc V8 in it)

Aston Martins are British, sorry to burst your bubble.

Interesting

>Made in France
I will admit that Bugatti has been stuffed with a few German engineers, but it has many French engineers too, and they make them in Alsace, France.

I think it looks better than the DB9 but maybe that's just me. Yes it looks more aggressive, if that's what you mean by less "graceful", but I think that's a good thing. I would rather have an aggressive-looking car.

People keep saying this but I've seen no evidence of it thus far. You have any?

If you do then please make sure its relevant to current British cars - I'm sure old Rovers and MGs had shitty electronics, and they were both shit companies towards the end of their lives, but they don't exist anymore (apart from MG being revived as a brand by Chinese automakers, but those cars are of course Chinese).

Remind me what car the Tesla Roadster was based on my friend? :^)

>Tesla Roadster
Nothing but a proof of concept. The Model S, Model X and Model 3 are completely separate, designed from scratch by Tesla themselves.

This. Isn't it funny that the constructors that have won the championship for the last SEVEN seasons (Mercedes x3, Red Bull x4) have all been British-based teams? Using British engineers like Paddy Lowe and Adrian Newey? And in the case of Mercedes, using British built Ilmor engines?

True they are. Teslas are quite cool I guess but every other car America makes is shite.

That car is an absolute abortion. Inside and out. It has a name and some big numbers, that's it.

wow what an ugly car, that's fiat multipla level ugly

>he thinks it is anywhere near the levels of american car ugliness
Oh my sides

McLaren?
Morgan?
Several track day car marques?

Also, it's just foreign money at Jag, LR, Aston and Lotus. All built, engineered and designed here in Jolly Old.

ahahahahahah

Oh wait you're serious...

>mum, Alfie ate all the good bits again!