Tfw poor college student

>tfw poor college student
>uses dad's '08 shitbox to commute
>it's unlikeable, boring and mind-numbingly slow
>daydreams about an ideal funbox daily
>online window shops sometimes
>it hurts to see all the cool cheap cars you can't afford (all of them)

Does anyone in Veeky Forums share this feel? I am grateful because I have a car to drive, but I just want a car with character to cherish

Get a part time job, get 5-6K and buy an SRT-4. Fastest thing you can get for that much

Not American and a I'm already looking for an internship

>looking for an internship
Your school doesn't help place you in one?

what are some fun shitboxes under 10k for dd

No, I live in the land of no pubes

>not having fun by pushing your slow shitbox to its limit, enjoying yourself while learning what a car does when you make it do things it isn't supposed to do
LEARN

I do my man, it's just slow, unresponsive and a bodyroll machine

Any car can be fun if you drive like a skits cunt, provided you don't live in a police state

You've just described me but it's an '04. I need to find a job for the summer at least. On a semi related note what's the etiquette for taking a job knowing you're gonna be leaving the country for 10 days during the summer?

>drove 08 shitbox like you for two years
>bought ae86 for fun after a year's employment
>drove for two years as a second car thinking I'd have it forever
>sold because going back for a masters and no income soon
>two years of 08 shitbox incoming
>missing out on a life I could have had with my fun shitbox for financial responsibility

It always gets worse.

enjoy it. I remember i wanted some sick car when i was younger looking at cars for the first time

What i got instead was a 1991 Subaru Liberty. I hated that thing and couldn't stand driving it thought it was the lamest cuckbox ever. After a while, i got a pizza delivery job and thats when i learnt how fun it really was. It was decently quick, handled well and was the perfect size. I wish i didn't get rid of it

I became quite attached to that car, thinking about selling my currently daily to go back to the fun days of rallying country roads

Git gud

>dads '08 shitbox
>'08

Mongoloid that's newer than all of my shitboxes.
>'86
>'96
>'02

Mind you I also have a job.

a car is not boring.
The way you drive is.
>t. I push my undersized womans suv to its limit and have fun.

what car?

>be me
>just got driving licence
>parents dont help me so start saving
>save up to £1500
>get girlfriend
>wants everything give everything
>go to uni
>spend all that time wishing i had a car
>3 years later
>breaks up with me and have no money left
>studies hard to get a good job got good marks
>tries getting a job after degree but doesnt work
>all friends who stayed single and didnt go to uni have cool cars where i get the bus every day

atleast your driving faggot

>Does anyone in Veeky Forums share this feel?
Nope, just took a new job making 105k a year (in the midwest lel) and I'm planning on getting a GTR.

I do not know that feel

>spending 100k on a car
I didn't say I wasn't a massive fucking faggot did I? I'm half yuropoor

>live in police state
>drive used police interceptors
There's never a shortage of wrecked cruisers to pull parts from, and they're basically designed to be quickly repaired from my curb-hoping power-sliding asshole driving style.

how do you go to uni without your own car??
most of my friends and me we all went straight to work even though our teachers told us it was a bad idea since we had good grades but good grades doesnt pay for transport or food or dorm while youre there

It's not like I had a choice. It still sucks.

I said I was grateful, it's not my problem you got into a lemon relationship

>what car?
pic related but different colour

>tfw in college but have comfy internship that pays relatively well for a student
>can afford to own a 300zx for commuting and practical shit and a project mr2 for beating on the touge with
>feels good when normie girls think I have my shit together because I'm constantly showing up in alternating cars kek

Get a job and pick up an 80s/90s shitbox op. If you do your research and shopping right you can pick up something cheap that'll be fun and cost next to nothing in further investments if you can work on it yourself

Same here,
I landed an 85k job, but I got a corvette z06 because they're so cheap

That's the plan

>spend all money on shitty woman
>don't even prioritize a car during this time

buddy...

I bought my own '08 shitbox OP, I know that feel. It's not a bad car at all, just not fun and since I'm a student I can't afford anything more fun at the moment.

dont tell them until you're hired. Say it's for family. If they dont let you take it, quit. If they let you take it, good on you.

>SRT-4
Trying to kill our fellow board contributors is not a kind thing to do.

>'08, unlikable, boring, slow
Sounds like my Corolla.
It's also fucking bulletproof and while I have to trade it in soon (I rode it a bit too hard) if it could keep going I would be still driving it.

Note: learn to drive slow car fast.
Just don't wreck it.

Graduating soon and have job lined up;
I already have a cool car though.

I want a sedan though. I have decided to get a Lincoln Continental. Looks C O M F Y

Yea if you find anything from 08 to be a shit box the neon is not for you despite the 4G63.

You could give OP the benefit of the doubt, though. It could be a stripper Versa.
>What is air conditioner?
>What are power windows?
>WHAT ARE FUCKING RADIOS?

Or Dodge Caliber. Whatever.

Tfw
>Actual Poorfag
>Dad is a methhead that left us when I was 7, so no hand-me-down from him
>Mom also a methhead that died when I was 9 so no hand-me-down from her either
>Can't afford to go to real college, so stuck at Job Corps in the of nowhere
>I'll be a fucking journeyman before I can afford a car from 2008
>See college kids cry about mediocre lives

Cry more faggot.

>liberty

Hows it feel being able to import halfcuts only, i could never survive that, props to you. Bought an altezza z edition with all the extras in 6mt with only 50k on the odo, 7 grand.

Rip ausboi.

>ooh a gtr
>ooh a gtr
>ooh a gtr
>ooh a gtr

Thats a legit meme car now.

Lol is the caliber what was the next srt-4? I had an 07 ms3 at the time and we were ways all watching what the cobalt and srts were doing. To be honest I have some respect for the neon cause apparently they were great for fwd club racing I just heard the interiors were the squekiest rattliest cheap material.

I was in your boat a year and a half ago. I ended up dropping out and getting a trade apprenticeship that forced me to get a car. You're gonna make it, bro.

>tfw I worked hard to save up a few thousand for a car
>tfw gonna buy one soon
>tfw my biggest problem is finding a car I like nearby

To think, I was a NEET only twelve months ago.

That's awesome, looks like you're having a blast with it

not me not my car not my picture

>falling for the college meme

I almost feel bad for you, don't worry though absolutely no way you won't be under or unemployed when your done

My parents are paying for it, I am blessed.

Don't be afraid to take a road trip, I took a bus to buy a $1000 car 8 hours away from me and the trip back was pretty comfy