Why are SUVs so popular? 90% of the people with one never leave the city

Why are SUVs so popular? 90% of the people with one never leave the city

It's the "I want a pickup truck but the fucking wife wants a minivan." car.

Yeah no it's more like "my wife wants a minivan but I don't want anyone to see a minivan in my driveway" car. they're all driven by women under the illusion that they need to have the biggest thing around to be safe.

I need a station wagon, but I don't want it to be *called* a station wagon.

nu-males and betas are being cucked by their wives who they're afraid to upset because she'll cut back on the monthly starfish sex.

To be fair Station Wagons are the ugliest cars ever made. I can totally understand not wanting one in your driveway.

You take that back

Because it's better for vanlife than a van.

>what is m5 touring
Leave.

How many people actually need a Van though? I'm pretty sure people buy SUVs solely because they like sitting high up and having a big car. They don't actually use the extra capacity for anything

People that have over 3 kids and need to haul all the bullshit that goes with them need a van or SUV.

idk it's annoying ad fuck though im borderline afraid to drive my old small fun car with all these big trucks and suvs all over the place occupied with inattentive drivers

These are a hoot!

bigass vehicles + giant blindspots + texting = ??

DED!

You're fucking retarded if you think this isn't much nicer to look at than the turd OP posted.

"I need a big car to be safe."

Source: my mum. Soon we will all be driving big rigs to feel "safe".

I want to sit higher into the ground while having a big car with lots of space for storage and being capable of carrying more people
>get a pick up truck
I don't like them, since there not as good as an SUV in everything I stated before

people having to much money to spend on fuel I guess also MUH SAFETY

doesnt a big car make you a bigger of a threat though ?

Because I like them, I wanted one, I could afford one and I bought one.

>but muh polar bear

Don't care.

>but they're big

So?

>stop liking what I don't like!

many reasons:

>more metal for bucks. You get more of a tangible stuff so you justify higher cost
>passive safety because Newtons laws dicatate that heavier vehicles are safer
>it is trendy. No longer shitty MPVs and combis which you never fully fill anyway
>status symbol. Big cars were always a sign of wealth. Be it big Rolls, big Suburban, big Bentley, simply size of a personal car implies status
>easier get in / get out for older/fatter people. No need to fall down into a bucket seat..
>if you obey traffic laws and speed limits, you are not driving sporty. High roll center means nothing.
>you simply don't have a choice. Either small city cars, some sedans or for the same price of sedan, get an SUV derivative...
>has big boot which has zero drawbacks
>fuel economy is not that much better in smaller cars because muh CO2 unrealistic limits anyway

I like the explorer. Especially the Explorer Platinum. Das a nice ass ride.

>guys I don't care look how much I don't care you see how much I don't care?

The real question is why should anyone actually care? Why people bully other people for things they bought? Ones freedom ends where someone elses freedom starts. Keep it that way.

Because it's for people who want a utility vehicle large enough to store ur wife's groceries or your lumber, plywoood and your tools you need for the job. So far it does a better job carrying those than a regular pickup truck, especially those four door monstrosities with short beds. Just fold all the rear seats down and there you go. Tahoe is good if you need something bigger, Explorer is good if you don't need something that huge.

Too bad the people who buy them are short women that look like they can't see over the steering wheel let alone the hood, with only one child on board. SUV's do make good small cargo vehicles.

Most people I know that have a SUV say they bought it because "it is taller so it's easy to get in, and looks better than a minivan".
A few bought it because they drive a lot on bad roads.
And then there are the ones that bought it because the liked it better than a normal car.

If you need to feel safe, ride a train everywhere. The only things that could possibly wreck it are another train, a tank, or a plane crashing out of the sky.

It's pretty useful for hauling around bigger things. It fits a bunch of snowboarding gear much better than a sedan with no need for a roof rack. Also AWD is much easier to get on SUVs, which is also great for snow.

>implying SUVs aren't just tall wagons

I wish vans made a comeback
SUVs are ugly AF

>If you need to feel safe, ride a train everywhere

Sure thing

This. Sitting higher makes driving easier and I like that I can put my read seats down and have a huge cargo bay or a place to fuck.

status symbols

I once nearly got my car stuck on a steep slope on a single track country road. Retreated and parked my car back somewhere else and did this part of my journey on foot.

When I got back there was vans, big Audis and luxury SUVs getting stuck.

Was talking to a lad who lives on a farm who was out mountain biking about.

He looked into a Landrover Discovery, they didn't even have it in low range.

Said he had driven his classic mini up it on the morning and ditched it on a friends farm.

Walking back to my car there was more of the fuckers getting stuck.

Farms and villages seem to be mainly full of small hatchbacks, average sedan/saloons and old defenders.

You guys are so fucking pathetic.

>high seating position
>higher centre of gravity
>easier

lol maybe because of the nanny systems if at all... the improvement in visibility over things is cancelled out by poor rear visibility in most SUVs

butthurt luxury Shopping Utility Vehicle owner

At least Linda can make it up a small fucking hill in her crossover. "we can't make it up a small hill so we give up and walk" Wow you guys are de-evolving ffs.

>was a steep, around 33%, gradient
>it was frozen, missed that
>five attempts and gave up after could not get any grip
>my first time driving in that weather
>by myself
>people ditching their cars
>trying to queue bumper to boot on a hill whilst people are wheel spinning and sliding back right in front of them

yeah fuck that and Linda wouldn't even drive in that weather

So it's like a fucking driveway that Linda drives up and down 20 times a day? Holy fuck you people. We had cars in the 30's that could pull off a "feat" like that.