Health and quality of Veeky Forums in the recent years

As much of a lurker I've been, only posting in SoCal threads and Veeky Forums, it's come to my attention that we don't have a thread about the health of this board, and it's overall need for a better(more attentive)janitors and moderators, considering some kids with easy access to multiple IP addresses can take this entire board down by posting pictures of things that belong in /d or /gif/scatgeneral.

Though shitposting is funny to me, Using it to push quality threads off the last page by spamming new ones isn't cool. Is there a way to call more attention to this board? Or is it's traffic just not enough to dedicate proper moderation to. Things to meditate on, anyone have any suggestions/comments/concerns maybe a mod will actually get to see?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Relax, man. This board isn't even that bad.

Mods participate in shitposting here, welcome to hell.

:^)

If they banned the furfags (alphonse, mrcummy, etc) this board would drastically improve.

Wish we would talk about cars for once and not just circlejerk around memes and shitposting

Compared to?

This board is fucking awful, where have you been?
Mrcummy might be a shitstain, but he doesn't actively work to shit up the board as far as I know. Banning him would be a bit extreme. Banning the legitimate shitposters should be common sense.

>mfw you make a thread and it goes as planned

The actual problem is, some of us grew up with an Veeky Forums that was usefull and respectfull, self sustainable and didn't really need moderation.
People would lurk, memes where kinda funny, shitposting was regarded as shiposting not a war between [insert brand/country/transmission/engine/shilling] here, and therefor mostly ignored.

Times have changed, we are living in 4 chan's america and therefor, unfortunately, 4 chan's western world.

tl;dr: we are getting old.

Part of the problem is the turbo-autists doing the shilling will buddy up for several thousand posts in a matter of hours. Ignoring them doesn't fix the problem.

Unironically ban americans and things will improve 10x

Yeah, it really is a reflection of the state this board is in.
The problem is, the kids are outweighing the adults in numbers and i have no idea what we could do about it.

Iv'e been thinking about having country flag's and ID's like on some boards, could be an improvement or only make the 'country wars' worse. Maybe worth a try though

>The actual problem is, some of us grew up with an Veeky Forums that was usefull and respectfull, self sustainable and didn't really need moderation.

Lots of youngsters are brought up to be respectable and have a healthy attitude. They post nicely. But as you noted, there is a cultural change going on with society and that is reflected in the internet as well. A lot of people are brought up to be selfish and take all they can and give as little back as possible because that is the best "bargain" in terms of posting. We also get more kids who lazied their way through elementary, middle (junior high), and high school. As a result, those students hate "know it alls" and will attack those posters.

Mrcummy is a contributive insightful poster. It is "alphonse" that posts lots of spam threads to force the good slow threads off the board. At times in the past, he had bursts of posts that were quite noticeable. He would never get away with spamming on wikipedia because the staff there calls on the FBI to slap down offensive posters with severe penalties from the hacking laws.

>tl;dr: we are getting old.
It's not just that. Internet society is just getting more disrespectful. We used to have trolls on wikipedia very cleverly changing numbers slightly to make them wrong. Those users would be anonymous using wifi from public areas. However, the FBI still caught them because they can request security cam footage for those time periods and then do facial recognition matching to the database for a name. The wifi N servers also obtain more data from the clients as well.

>Unironically ban SELFISH & ASSHOLE americans and things will improve 10x. You can't ban all Murricans cuz the whole lot of them form the contributive backbone of Veeky Forums. They not only make constructive posts, but they "donate" to Veeky Forums by buying the Veeky Forums Passes which enable Veeky Forums to stay alive.

>there is a cultural change going on with society and that is reflected in the internet as well.
That is indeed the core business.
To think that the bastion of free and open minded people, often anarcho-left or right outcasts of society has become so mainstream is just a painful conclusion.
Memes that used to be funny when people took them literally are actually unironically being taken literally now, in such a way it has become the norm.
Now, the old garde of anons that remains on the interests boards because it still is a unique way of browsing the internet, is being fed up by this new generations
edgyness.
My fear is though, this edgyness is there to stay.
People who refuse to read or educate themselves because everything they might ever need to know is accessible online, but what useful information can be found on Veeky Forums if people don't do their research? I mean, check the catalog, open one of the shitty threads and look at the bullshit being posted, it's fucking cringe worthy man!

We should make in a bannable offense (temporary ban, a few hours at most) to respond to obvious, overused bait. Should shut down the GM vs. Everyone that Alphonse feeds on

>having country flag's
Yes, make it easier to spot the yurocucks. Their posts have no value.

>le flag for le epin /pol/ banter
More proof americans should be rangebaned

Ban all europe vs usa and corvette vs gtr vs anything faggots, they derail and shit up this board so hard it's not even funny anymore

>board culture should be banned

>muh board culture
Neckbeard, fuck off to /b/

You're the kind of guy that posts bananas on /b/ and thinking derailing a thread is funny

Unironically yes. Any cultural developments after 2009 should be banned. Strict adherence to the sites rules should be enforced. Offtopic, meta, and memes should be heavily cracked down upon.

Board culture is fine but Jesus Christ is it taken too far here. If the shitposting and memes are preventing any actual discussion, it should be cut down on. Meme responses are getting so awful that there is hardly a way to get an actual productive discussion, even worse is that anyone with any actually useful information gets drowned out or doesn't even post because they think it's futile

>all these assmad gm fangirls

Do you actually know anything about cars besides memes?

No I keep all my responses saved on my NotePad

I like neither, sorry fag

I swear if you are Raven, you're the most autistic cuck I've ever met

It's simple. We make Prez/o/ this board's only mod.

IP-ban anyone who visits /pol/ and this site would improve dramatically.

And auto-ban anyone who posts memes, frogs and obvious bait.
I already hide all frogposts and meme images without reading them, and it improves the post quality tenfold.

This board seems bretty gud, go lurk for a while and you'll see this place isn't so bad. At least we don't have paid shills

>At least we don't have paid shills
You're right, our resident Ford, Lincoln and Tesla
shills do it for free.

t. assmad gm fangirl

mlp/o/l when?

/mo/ was comfy as fuck, not gonna lie.

I was too busy shitposting nazi horse pussy that weekend to check out /mo/. Did the number of shill threads die down similar to how /pol/'s did?

Yes because you were gone

There was a bit of "GET OFF MY BOARD" from both sides at first, but everyone started to get along very nicely after a while. We had some really fun threads.

>le /pol/ bogeyman
$0.005 has been deposited in your account

is this pasta?

Not him but there is no escaping /pol/ shitters no matter what board you are on. For some reason people feel the need to bring politics into an automotive board

Doubt it, just extreme autism

Because /pol/ wants Veeky Forums to be a massive circlejerk and everyone needs to believe the same thing or else they need to GTFO to Reddit/tumblr/flavor of the week strawman site. Because of this they won't stop trying to spread to every board until everyone's as "redpilled" as they.

Tfw even on /sp/ i still deal with those degenerates

It's like a malignant tumor, though it feels like it's been especially aggressive these past few months, I think Trump's election makes them think they have validation

>being this autistic and obsessed with me
lol

>he thinks Veeky Forums's moderation has a snowball's chance in hell at being effective when all our resident tripfaggots and shitposters have to do to ban evade is spend 10s changing IPs

Fucking newfags, you literally can do nothing short of rangebans to stop a lot of this shitposting, and the mods don't rangeban because it effects too many innocent people.

>SoCal

Stopped reading right there. You don't have an opinion in this matter and should be posting on

This right here is a good idea. Just a temp ban that says "don't reply to bait you pleb" or something like that, if the poster was actually biting and not just shit posting.

This board needs more moderation for the traffic it has. Needs to filter BTFO posts.

lel

>lamenting the decline of Veeky Forums is autism

I honestly can't tell if it's just nostalgia or if this place has truly just gotten worse

Phoneposters have made it worse

t. assmad gm fangirl

It has gotten far worse than the old days. The mods don't care even a little anymore, and shitposting has vastly increased unchecked since the little fuckers learned that.

I remember actual discussion and generally more informed posters as well as people actually taking the time to lurk. I guess it's like our version of endless September.
It just feels like it's gotten especially worse just in the last few months

It was better for the last six monthd, but since about two weeks ago the shit has picked up again. I don't understand. At least we aren't being flooded every few days like we were for about a month last year.

*marginally better

my bad

>but since about two weeks ago the shit has picked up again
Easter break. It'll stop again in a bit, then summer will hit.

>

>>

I don't get why people shit on mrcummy the dude barely posts anything and when he does it's usually not shit posting. What he do in the past that made you guys hate him kek

>RWD is superior
>I know what I'm talking about
>My car is Built

Moderating the problem away won't work (as horsefuckers on /b/ proved) nor do I think it's a very good solution unto itself.

What the hell do you suggest then?

Honestly /mo/ was the best this board has been in a while.

Not him but, honestly if people would stop replying to obvious bait we would probably be OK.

This ban obvious shitposting and all the fucking frogs.
Can't go 1 minute without seeing the stupid memefrog.

Normalfag get out.

>I came here in 2015 and spam gtr vs corvette
How close am I?

Being willing to learn or genuinely understand more technical shit, the genuinely curious types from /m/ were a blast. When you understand a lot of what actually goes into cars, engineering and so forth you're less given to the brandwhore trappings that make up so much of Veeky Forums's bait.

>he doesn't have nude pics of Aerodynamic Pants
>he doesn't cum on cat hiss at pens
>he doesn't remember when Brad got arrested in his lt1 firebird

Bunch of fucking newfags

>IS_350
It's the shills. The toyota shills specifically. They're out-doing all other shills combined just hocking god-damned toyotas.

I find it funny the toyota shill starts a worthless shitpost thread about "quality" and "health" like anything on this board is as much of a problem as Toyota-specific shilling and gaslighting all the other brands.

Op, in short, fuck you, you are cancer and you're not fooling anyone. Fuck you, fuck toyota and fuck any spineless slimebag that accepts money to shit up public forums and infiltrate online communities with never-ending high-psychology subversive shill threads.

Yes but who are you quoting?

Permaban every IP alphonse has ever used and bada-bing bada-boom

mad

If you're talking about our mental health, forget it. We're all fucked up in the head here.

>we're all fucked up
this. do you ever notice how much fags always bump toyota shill threads? this place is so trashed

I am, but you're not gonna convince the turbo autists who post said bait.

Well that's the thing, if the user base is less conceited, more curious and more informed, they generally won't have a reason to bother with the bait when the turboautists post it- Then they're just pissing in the wind because everyone else is talking about other stuff and shit bait threads get bumped off.

Cool to see the community bickering with each other over nonsense. I have recently (~20 days ago) started lurking this board and now am actively commenting, haven't started any new threads, but I would say 50% of my posts are dedicated to actual discussion of autos and 50% replying to memes and jerking in in the /osg/ thread over some stickers. Take this data as you like.

Y'all want me to kill Alphonse? He lives like 10 miles away from me.
Taking bids, lets see how high this goes.

fuck off newfag

I'll start the bidding at $20.

This is the true way for Mrcummy to redeem himself

you at least going to split it with me? make sure these dumb cucks pay you first then we can share. i always knew you were a genius.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia
Schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real.[2] Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, hearing voices that others do not hear, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and a lack of motivation.[2][3] People with schizophrenia often have additional mental-health problems such as anxiety disorders, major depressive illness, or substance-use disorders.[7] Symptoms typically come on gradually, begin in young adulthood, and last a long time.[3][8]

sounds like the symptoms that a typical gm fangirl has

bump for more assmad

No, the turbo-autists will still partner up and flood the hoard with shit. Range ban to me seems like the only option.

I'll start the bidding at 'not reporting you for offering to' and see where it goes from there.

What? no. Moderating Veeky Forums is literally impossible now because of phoneposters who change IPs every 30 seconds

lurk moar

Veeky Forums as a whole has gotten worse and will continue to get worse each year

He doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks he does, then falls back on "BUT I'M A MECHANIC STOP SAYING IM WRONG" when people laugh at him for being wrong.
He's also a terrible driver and a massive attention whore who pulled the same stunts on /g/ when he didn't have a car.

Hey hey you you.
At least you stopped flooding threads screeching "WHORES WHORES"

I'm posting Toyota and NOBODY CAN STOP ME

Hello fellow non-Toyota automobile enthusiasts

I'll give you $1000 but only if you kill yourself too faggot

Redeem yourself furfag, i know you're /k/ too.