/ng/ - Nioh General

Kodama a cute edition

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/CayVK8TG
imgur.com/a/tDP2h
pastebin.com/GSyTtCEn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kodama2cute

not gonna lie I genuinely wish they'd release some sort of Kodama figure, like a Nendoroid or something.

Yeah, that would have been pretty cool

Can you do the cool attack buff that Tachibana Muneshige does? That slow sword movement before his kiai move.

I'm honestly surprised this isn't a thing, then again it'd replace iai so I probably wouldn't want to use it

kodama a best

those things were kind of creepy desu. the blank eyes and mouth, the constant rattling, nope nope nope

Smithing text idiot from last thread, just got Derrick's Axe. Puts me at 87.7. With deluxe smithing texts I'd be at roughly 96% or 97%.

Going to try Giant Frog for a bit to see since someone asked. Any other ideas of what I'd be missing?

any chance of you making a list of what drops what so far? Also what is your farming method in terms of gear, etc

I'll make a imgur gallery in a bit for my gear, admittedly my yokai drop rate is not very high so I'm just going to hope I get lucky with Giant Toad if he has one.

For a lot of these quitting to main menu on kill if you don't get the recipe is faster, it will load back to the last shrine or "saved" state (such as the start of a mission). For Derrick I used the shrine above him and just quit after killing him if I didn't get it and reloaded.

I'll make an updated pastebin real quick too.

I have no idea what I'm missing and I'm at 82.5.

I dunno how much it helps but I have Luck and Item Drop Rate during LW acessproess along with +item drop and Gyokoto and I'm gonna try Giant Frog as well. worst case scenario I get me some tongues

Anyone up for farming some soulstones with me? (The Three Souls lvl 200)

Pass is VIDYA

why are you farming soulstones?

Because I need a couple for my crit suzaku run

(forgot to say Im lvl 243 with a 160+10 weapon so I can easily carry. Even if youre a low level you can still join me)

why not just do Ghosts of Sawayama? It's a 40 mil amrita run and it replenishes itself stone wise.

I can get over 120 mill with my setup on the Demon King mission, but I get your point ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

does the hp regen spell restore based on %?

i have a fuckload of hp, not sure if it's worth it

I dislike the Demon King because it just feels slower.

Haven't had loads of time to play, so I'm a bit behind. I just made it to giant Skelletor and am hitting a brick wall. So I hit a foot, he gets knocked over, I wail on his face, ezpz. Do that again to his other foot, no big deal. Now, there's no more glowing orange ankles and hitting his feet seems to do nothing.

What the fuck am I supposed to be doing? I fired some bullets at his chest and while it does no damage, a depleted no bar doesn't seem to do anything.

Ki *

What's the best way to get nikawa glue?

his hands, nigga.

go up on a slightly higher level and bait hand slams, then hit the crystals on his hands

he's super weak to elemental buffs
also use carnage/ weakeness too if you have them

Hot damn, I'm a dumbie.

Thanks, William-sans

If you havent finished him off before that, I suggest you level up a bit, and get a stronger weapon/upgrade it or discover the wonderous buff named "Carnage"

or you could just target his hands (stand in mid height and bait out his slam attack, then start chipping on one of his hands).

I'm level 100ish with some 650ish katana. 25 Heart, nearly 20ish skill, etc etc. You think I should be higher? I've done literally every side mission so far, baring the higher level ninja/onmyo. People aren't grinding before endgame, are they?

Alright I took a break from Giant Toad really quick and threw this new pastebin together.

pastebin.com/CayVK8TG

Please use this for the next thread and/or add any items or smithing texts I've missed to it.

I would add the Raven Tengu Tokko since someone mentioned it but I doubt you can miss it honestly.

Good work, but man I'm looking at that list the only thing I'm missing is Kodama bowl and I'm at 82.5%

A set of petit nendos one of each type of kodama would be pretty great. Could turn the ps4 into a shrine

Getting Kodama Bowl also gives you the Inhabited Kodama Bowl item recipe so that's technically two.

I guess I should add the Deluxe weapons as well at the bottom, since a few people will be missing them clearly.

>pastebin.com/CayVK8TG
I'd sooner just say have it come packaged with all the bowls

I wish I were better at making webms, I found a funny glitch with Giant Toad

Who likes my lightning build?
Not quite maxed out and I haven't bothered to reforge or upgrade my armor much yet, so ignore that for now. The important part is the set bonuses.

Album here: imgur.com/a/tDP2h

Updated with Deluxe Edition weapon Boons

>pastebin.com/GSyTtCEn

>Lightning +21
lol.

How is that bad? It's my sword effect. What is the max then user? Like 25? 4 more points? The important part is WotW 5 piece set bonus, and 46% more lightning damage with lightning talismans and shot.

>he doesnt know

This game just fucking refuses to give me CtA Magic A.

Do you know though? Bet not.

what other stats do you have? Maybe there's a conflict?

Unless you just mean you're only getting B or something

no conflicts, game's just being a bitch

Highest I get is C

you using Divine fragments, dog?

The worst part is if it was out there, it would spread to the revenants like wildfire, like AIDS. Probably very few people have actually found CtA magic on a weapon without reforging it.

Here's a hint: +22
Your build looks fun, user, don't worry.

yeah I am thinking Giant Toad doesn't have a smithing text, I've been at this for too damn long

Yea nothing on my end yet either. Not thinking that this guy or Benkei have texts

nothing but divine

I actually have it on a Kusarigama but I never actually use them. Trying to get it on a sword.

posted this also in the /v/ thread, but

Why is it that every time William is in a cutscene, the whole story becomes a parody? In region 5 during the war when he suddenly fires a random cannon that somehow solves the current problem in the war just made me laugh out loud for the seer absurdity of the situation. Another part was when Okatsu gets knocked back from Kelley and somehow stumbles down the fucking balcony, only to have William follow her and cover her while they both dive into the water. Why did they feel the need to include her even falling down and why did William need to hug her during the fall if they both fell into the water and no problem afterwards?

Oh thanks. Well I'm pretty happy with my weapon and build. Just wanted to see if people thought it looked good or viable compared to some of the other optimized builds. It's definitely no spin to win axe.

What William did is based on what actually happened at Sekigahara. Hideaki wasn't moving because he refused to commit to either side, so Ieyasu fired a battery of cannon right at him. They were loaded with blanks, but they still scared Hideaki into action.

Because user, ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Its a video game_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Did you forge that kusarigama yourself or find it that way? Or did you reforge it?

Okatsu gets injured during that part of the game, Hanzo tells you that

found it, dropped from oda/yuki fight

holy shit that poor Kusarigama.

>CtA Magic
>only 2 slots
>already has an inherit slot so it can't get one of those slots filled

Both Oasis and Rejuvination restore by percent of your Max HP. Rejuvenation restores more overall HP while Oasis restores less but quicker.

Damn I would ask you to drop it but I'm not online.

Anyone have an inheritable CtA body they'd be willing to drop? Rng is not smiling on me today

The cutscenes and story presentation are pretty bad overall. It's like what a low budget PS2 JRPG would have. Shame, the story itself is pretty interesting.

there are tons at Isle of Demons, pretty much anyone with a Spear probably has one

>Get this fan
>Use Gyokuto
>Luck is now 397 (173 + 224) while using LW
Time for farming smithing texts

dude even if you don't get text that shit is prime for getting divine drops, trust me

shame the innate luck is so low (goes up to 30)

I'll check it out, thanks

25 still isn't bad

I've also got a lot of inheritable luck from helmets that I need to put on armor.

>shame the innate luck is so low (goes up to 30)
>30
Wrong. It can go up to 50.

his is purple, so 30.

you get this from Magatama farm or somewhere else?

Why do you keep pulling out shit from your ass, when CLEARLY you don't know what the fuck you're talking about?

Which is better, 20% close combat damage or A+ familiarity?

There's hardly a difference (tested by an user from here), but CCD 20% is slightly better.

So what does "Special Effects : Critical" do?
THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?

Can the dude from the Clash of Sickles dojo mission drop a smithing text for his armor?
Got the one for his kusarigama already.

No, weapon only.

increases critical special effects by the amount listed.

So if you have Close Combat Damage (Critical) 25% and Special Effects: Critical 25% you end up getting another 6.25% damage on top of it

Use the Options button to get a rough explanation on what things do.

In this case, I think you might be refering to the 6 piece bonus from the Fanatic set?

Either case, what is does is:
>Boosts all special effects that trigger when your health is low.

his armor is already craftable save for his mask, which isn't even a drop

>save for his mask, which isn't even a drop
Damn dog that was the one piece i wanted to be able to craft.

i've seen people with the mask
at least refashioned

>ng+ dojo missions
>no magic
>no heals

Found it randomly, couldn't tell you where

The only hard one is "A Greater Harmony"
The rest is just learning how to time parry properly, aside from the axe mission, just spam heavy attack.

what equipment do I need for Axe Spin build?

an axe

critical close combat attack plus armor special sets and spirit

This is great thanks

is the muramasa mission still the best for farming yasakani magamata, or is there other methods?

nothing is essential
just go for set bonuses and decent-ish toughness, skill ki reduction and yokai/ skill damage are great though

use battle focus
use carnage/ weakness
give enemy elemental effect
apply a different element to weapon
spin

I'm actually testing out the drop chance right now on the Trail of a Master mission.

I have 303 luck, and I apply Luckbringer Talisman every time before I check, and so only 1 Yasakani has dropped. 13 tries in. Without using cups.

do you check the item 3 times per mission?

Yes

is there a particular reason you are using Earth damage?

no

i use raiken to apply para because it's good at it and para slows the boss
the element i use on my weapon doesn't matter, i just need a second element for discord

what are you using to get your luck so high?

I was just curious as to why you wouldn't be using water for the Def down but then again I guess at that point it doesn't really matter

I could have another 50 Luck because of a clan, but right now Im sticking to Date for amrita farming.

However I get my luck from:
>Helmet +24 Luck
>Armor +23 Luck
>Leg Guards +24 Luck
>Acc1 +50 Luck
>Acc2 +28 Luck
>Itokuri +75 Luck
>Agyo Title +54 Luck

You sure they weren't transformed into him?

I also forgot to mention the +25 Luck from the Omnyo magic tree (I've probably forgotten another thing as well but whatever)