Is it normal to think that it's a redflag if a girl cares about what car you drive or likes you because of what you...

Is it normal to think that it's a redflag if a girl cares about what car you drive or likes you because of what you drive?

Yes.

It seems to me like she wants to know how much money you got

Unless she's also a car nut, yes.

Very yes. I bought a 944 when I was 18 and despite it being cheap as fuck and old as balls (clean tho), all this girl on my fb read was "porsche" so she had a sudden interest in me. Went and picked her up from her uni, she begged for cigarettes and tried to take money out of my center console when I got out to get gas. Drove back to her uni down the street and told her to get the fuck out. Make sure you pay attention to when people take a sudden interest and what ulterior motives they'll have that will come with it.

Depends how much she cares.

My GF thinks my AW11 is "cute" and always wants me to drive. She also likes to come with me when I go on my drives on the local touge and told me I'm never allowed to sell it.
She has a healthy and minimal curiosity into cars because of me.

I wouldn't consider that a red flag at all.

Now if she's asking what brand car you drive, red flag. If she acts like knows a lot about cars, red flag.

If she cares about if its manual or not she sounds like a car enthusiast. But if its just whether or not its a luxury car sounds materialistic. But I don't know what Im talking about when it comes to cars.

>But I don't know what Im talking about when it comes to cars.

Yes. This was a red flag for our parents' generation and the generation before that. It applies less nowadays because car culture has died a lot, but it's still the same principle.

new banner

Yes, either way really.

>If she pretends to know things about cars, that's a huge red flag

>If she cares whether a car is a manual or not she probably has daddy issues, is a lesbian or both

>If she cares about the brand or only likes you because of the brand then she's probably a gold digging whore

If she says it's 'cute' or just that she likes it though there's nothing wrong there.

Yes, in many ways.
>Drive a 2006 Corolla, girl looks at my car after a pretty good date and doesn't get a call back
Nope.
>Drive a 1997 Sentra, have a girl earnestly say "that's a nice car user, so nice and clean"
Just what kind of hood did you come from? Nope.

I don't think they care as long as you have a car. They do want you to drive though and take the lead.

>They do want you to drive though and take the lead
>this chick at work always wants a lift home and hasnt returned any favours for me

I kinda want to buy a crusty old Mercedes off of Craigslist just for fucking over gold diggers. Either a non-running one that I can get running with a junkyard engine and trans (preferably a truck engine of some sort) or one that's still alive but with more body roll than an overweight canoe.
>you think my Mercedes means I'm rich?
>lol fuck you, the Tokarev in the driver's door is worth more than this shitty car
Even better, a decently restored Trabant. Bonus points because I'm of East German descent.
>casually tell them I drive one of the finest luxury cars money could buy in Germany during the 80s
>conveniently forget to specify which side of Germany
>pop hood to reveal pic related when I pick up digger
>check fuel level with dipstick, grab jerry can of fuel/oil from trunk if low
>if she's still there after seeing that then proceed with date

>not driving an ex-rental car that's basically spreaded around because they were dumped in the used car market to the point you've confused your car with a similar one twice
>not being a creep who scares girls by talking about the repeated times you've nearly dented your car and how you haven't learned how to coordinate your both feet on the clutch and accelerator because you're an autist

Do it, fuck snotty stuck up bitches that only care about your hobby as a status symbol. Do it to avenge me for picking up that dumb bitch at the very least user, I'd rest easy at night knowing there's a faceless hero fucking over gold digging cunts. The world needs you.

Doesn't work, I have a w123 and its literally pussy repellent

I drive one of these and a pretty qt hektik Habibi girl who works casually at my place asked who drove it.

when she found out it was mine she said she loved it and loves all Subaru.

she kept asking me if I was in any Subaru clubs and how she took pictures of my car and our car together. she then started going on about how she wanted to sit in it

by the sounds of it she was going to post it on her social media and stuff

lol. is this the type of girl who screams materialistic who will force you to buy brand new euro cars when you get into a serious relationship with them.

when I looked inside her car it was a regular Impreza and automatic. one of the newer corolla looking ones

should I go for it next time we work together?

Don't be like keisuke

>GF wants me to sell my WRX wagon to get a roadster

fug

Tbh go for it desu. Unless she's crazy.

And I noticed I'm broke and have a shitmobile but at least I'm not acoustic like y'all.

not a redflag at all for me, considering I know quite a few girls who actually know there shit about cars.

Tell her to go back to Lebanon.

Iv'e been with my girl for 2 years now, we live together.
She met me when i still had my (s)crappy e36.
Figured if she could love me with that car, she's a keeper.
Can't say she isn't happy i'm in a W212 now though, that e36 had a terrible exhaust drone making your ears bleed on road trips.