Today's my second day driving a manual transmission as a DD

Today's my second day driving a manual transmission as a DD

At what point do I stop stalling? Occasionally I'm fine but I'll end up stalling at green lights or stop signs randomly. It's like I still haven't got the clutch bite point down and I don't give it enough gas.

This is a petrol car also, not diesel. I also think I'm still super nervous about driving a stick shift. I already know in my mind when I'm home and can think clearly that I can easily ride the clutch at the bite point and accelerate then but when I get on the road and in traffic I forget everything.

>he fell for it

Just keep driving and don't panic or let yourself be bothered by impatient retards when you stall. You should be completely fine within a month.

The car was super cheap and it's fun when I wanna rev that shit box but then I end up stalling next to some dudebros black lifted pickup at a red light. Fucking embarrassing and makes me feel bad.

Thanks for the positive outlook user. A couple days ago I stalled 3 times straight and missed a red light for cars behind me. Next time though I'm just revving the engine before I drop the clutch so at least I won't stall but I'll be spinning the tires probably.

It's like learning to drive all over again

A month honestly.

ay trips
but it took me a few days

Eurofag here. We have a saying that it takes 1k km to get used to a car. So a few more days/weeks?

You seem like a nice guy user :)
Don't let it get you down. You should be proud of yourself for having the courage and initiative to learn manual. I promise you'll get it down pat within about a week - maximum. I was in the same boat as you when I first started, but before I knew it, I became really good.

Good luck user and don't be discouraged!

If you stall multiple times in a row like that, don't be afraid to rev it up. A little peel out won't hurt anything.

Stop being a nervous faggot and just drive the fucking thing.
Eventually you'll stop sucking at it.

>A couple days ago I stalled 3 times straight and missed a red light for cars behind me.

Did you make a thread about that? I remember seeing it here

>second day
>still stalling
bro you aren't gonna be a master over the course of 2 days and just learning the mechanism, give it a few days maybe even like a week or so. It takes time to successfully get up and go at any given moment just keep doing what your doing.

You need more seat time, there's no point that you'll just suddenly stop, no number that we can guarantee at. I'll just say I'm leaning too, and some of the major issues I had at first is hesitation to open throttle, even when the engine starts revving low when letting out the clutch. Other issues were letting the clutch out too fast. You also will start to get a better feel for the bite point on your clutch the more you drive. More seat time will help you get over all these and it'll turn into second nature. Being reluctant on throttle especially is something you should work on, remember you have clutch and brake if you feel like you're going too fast/your wheels are spinning.
I'd also recommend driving more in general, especially in areas without traffic to get a better feel.

What are you driving? Is pic related?

Just go slow and steady

>At what point do I stop stalling?
When you learn to fucking drive.

You don't. There will always be a situation where you can stall and most likely will no matter how much experience with you have.

Yeah I saw that too. Good to know OP is practicing. And btw OP. It took me about 2 weeks to start feeling comfortable. Keep at it, it's all practice and muscle memory

Just take a deep breath if you're nervous at a stop and don't over think it. One thing my father taught me that helped a lot is that it can always be saved if you start stalling, just push the clutch back in. And if you dont, oh well the car starts back up. Who gives a damn what jimmy "I fuck my cousin in my extended cab" Johnson next to you thinks, you'll never see that fag again.

Truth, I stalled a couple months ago on a tiny hill and I've driven stick for 7 years. The clutch grabs ridiculously early in it (also only had it since november, so still getting used to it) and I had surgery on both my knees so in the morning I sometimes can't give it the amount of precision it likes on a hill.

if your retarded

>if your retarded
>your retarded
>your

wew lad

Rev higher when you're moving from a complete stop but don't overrev it.
My car's sweet spot is around 3k RPM before I slowly let go off the clutch, any lower and it will stall once the clutch is out.

One way to get really familiar with the clutch's biting point is to practice hill starts with ebrake engaged. The ebrake makes the biting point of the clutch far more obvious. Do it enough times and you'll stop stalling.

>3k
You're burning the fuck out of your clutch, even no power shitboxes manage fine with half that.

OP let the clutch out slowly at about 1.5k BUT DO NOT DROP THE CLUTCH ONCE THE CAR STARTS TO MOVE, KEEP LETTING IT OUT SLOWLY

You clearly know what you are doing wrong. It's day 2, you just haven't developed the muscle memory yet. Don't sweat it, just drive more.

Agreed, he's wearing out his clutch more than he needs to but should still be fine. Do like this dude said, just remember to keep letting it out slow. Don't think "oh clutch grabbed, just drop it now".

>americans

>obsessed yurocucks at it again
At least our kids don't have to be told to not eat literal shit off the ground

How I was taught and how I teach people in a couple minutes: Go to empty level parking lot. Practice taking off using only the clutch at idle, when you can do it smoothly without stalling or bucking, start adding throttle at the "grab". You'll be dagumi smooth in no time.

>This is a petrol car also, not diesel

this is one of yours eurocuck

30 to 40 minutes

>go to dealership
>look at Focus because poorfag
>dealer lets me test drive it
>"Never driven a manual car before"
>try it anyway
>Fuck yes, it's like a tractor but the clutch and break are separate pedals
>never stall once
Thank's grandpa for teaching me how to drive before I could reach the pedals

>tfw still can't downshift into second smoothly and quickly before a degree turn from 40 mph to ~20 mph. Probably going too fast
>tfw still nursing the clutch too much when starting from first but don't want to jerk it by letting it off too soon. Can't find the exact sweet spot
>hill starts are fine but the car doesn't lurch as hard as others I've driven so I have to just watch rpms to know it caught
>tfw the V6 is electronically limited to 112 mph because they used a cheaper drive shaft and i should upgrade to a 1 piece aluminum sometime

LMAO yuropoverties BTFO

if i'm going 40 and there's a turn coming up i just throw it in neutral and brake for the turn then shift to 2nd when i'm coming out of the turn
seems to be working fine idk

>tfw your v6 tops out at 95 mph
be thankful for what you got user

>when I get on the road and in traffic I forget everything.

lol you're fucking weak dude

>petrol

Thought I smelt poorness. Try not driving a torqueless wonder for starters.

are you the tesla fag

You need to learn the bite point well. The only way to learn that is to use it a lot (which, yeah I know, it's bad for the car, but if you're working you can afford 1k for a clutch job in a couple of years, which you'll only need if you're a really shitty driver and you're constantly burning the clutch or have it half-depressed while riding at high speeds). Since you're a beginner, what I was taught to do when I started was to find the bite point at the light before it changes. Just let your foot off the clutch slowly until you can feel it pull/the car starts creeping a little. When you do this enough times, it should become one smooth motion. Another tip is that eventually, when you've gotten used to driving enough, it's better to just give gas before letting off the clutch. The only time you need to release the clutch before you give it gas is on an incline. Giving it gas first will make you take off smoother and you actually spend less time with your foot on the clutch so it causes less wear.

Naw I hate Tesla. But any car with a respectable amount of torque is pretty hard to stall. Small tiny shitboxes, Not even once.

The bite point is the point you feel resistance and the car moves. Hold the clutch pedal there and give it some gas. Release it slowly when you think you have enough RPMs to take the inclination.

Anyone can do it, remember women and grannies has have mastered in pretty most countries.

>The only time you need to release the clutch before you give it gas is on an incline
Wait what. I thought the less you rev the engine while clutch is engaged the less you burn out the clutch.

This is pretty retard desu. You should never be in neutral above very slow speeds. You want to blip your throttle to approximately the revs your second gear is in for that speed, let the clutch grab and slow the car down. You also don't want to be braking in a turn, gives you less control.

so is it a meme that i can rekt my car learning stick? should i take a class so i fuck up their car instead

A few days and you will almost never stall. Then the 2-3 next manual cars you will drive will be like relearning everything.

Then after a few years and couple of cars you will never stall again... until that evening at mcdonald drive thru in your supercar with all the kids amazed and recording you.

You press the gas enough to not stall it. Don't need to over do it. You will find the rhythm eventually to release the clutch and get moving in not even a second without a dip on the rev.

Watch a couple of vids and try in an empty area. It's super easy, if you crash you messed up big time.

Idk I drive a 220 hp VW in the US and it will still stall if I go full retard.

I have a lot of fun in diesel shitboxes when I spend christmas in Spain with my extended family.

My grandfather had this toyota corolla when he was still alive and now that he is gone and grandma is blind it has become the "family car" whenever any of us travel to Madrid to see grandma.

Holy shit my cousins and I hooned in that shit box this year it was hilarious.

OP here.

Was driving around a girl and stalled 4 times going up a slight hill because I forgot the car was in 3rd. It scared the fuck out of her and she was the one who reminded me to check what gear I was in - she was right. Damn I feel so fucking stupid. She's gonna tell her friends user can't drive manual, he stalled 10 times going up a little bitty hill xDDDDDDDD xPPPP

Cmon' user. That's high school mentality. You will soon grow into a man and realize that failure is a normal part of learning. It is the courage of men, the capacity to fail and improve, that built society. Women don't have it so you can feel comfortable in your superiority.

You are learning, don't overthink it.

Yeah but she is stacey tier and all her chad dudebro "friends" drive powerful V6/V8 manuals. I still fucked though, so whatever. But man that was fucking terrifying, stalling the car that many times when she didn't know what was really happening. Completely forgot I was in 3rd.

I'm trying not to, she said next time I better know how to drive tho.

Dude look; I am a pretty good driver but I'll tell you the truth.

I had to start on auto because murica and parents didn't have a fucking manual.

My freshman year of college they bought me a "new" car cause college commute was killing my 07 Mercury (RIP you sweet sweet chariot).

It was a 2013 Beetle with a 6 speed.
I stalled non fucking stop for 3 weeks. Then suddenly it just werked.

Don't overthink

I've been driving a stick for about ten years and I still occasionally stall when I'm not paying attention. Don't worry about it.

Sounds like she ain't wife material anyway homedawg

No, just pretty really and easy pussy and mouth relatively. I don't get girls very often, so I enjoy her company. At least it was fun showing her the car though and driving it with a girl in the passenger seat which makes me more nervous about not stalling obviously. I just completely forgot to downshift.

Not OP but month 2 of driving manual here

I think I found the way to stop being jerky as fuck with shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Only thing is I want to ask if it's even a good idea.

I learned that the reason I'm jerky as fuck in 2nd gear is because it's basically engine braking when I let off the throttle. So now I keep the throttle on very until after I press the clutch in (without making the engine scream of course unless it's on purpose), instead of getting off the throttle at the same time as or before pressing the clutch in. That seemed pretty standard from what I understand.

However, what about letting the clutch out? Should I be gradually increasing the throttle when I shift to other gears just like when I'm starting the car in 1st gear? Is this bad for the clutch if it's not 1st gear anyways? I don't really understand how the clutch works beyond 1st gear. Clearly it's not burning off if people shift at redline, but I still don't get how it works and I don't think I've seen video visuals of how the clutch works beyond 1st gear on youtube yet.

The fuck I stopped stalling my car after the first day I think you may be retarded

Rev up to 3k before slowly releasing the clutch
>literally easy mode

Mustang?

Yea...the V6 memes are true. It does feel slow.

Floor the gas pedal
Release clutch
Don't care about this bite point problem
Live the dream

Trust me, I'm an european driving instructor irl

You'll still stall unless you hold the gas. 3k is too much and you'll wear the clutch more just do 1.5k

>Probably doesn't even use the upper part of the rpm to access the higher horsepower

You're jerky as fuck in 2nd gear because you're letting off the clutch too fast. If you dont want your buds in the passenger seat to be lurched forward every time, take your foot off the damn gas before you clutch in.

Stop overthinking it.