Whats the point of sports cars when you can buy a liter bike for the price of an used accord again?

Whats the point of sports cars when you can buy a liter bike for the price of an used accord again?

>Inb4 too scared or too fat to ride

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9olAAFqx7NI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

too scared and too fat to ride

I live in Southern California and don't want to get run down by airhead soccer moms in Tahoes, Yukons, and Escalades not paying attention. I'm already scared enough as is in my Fiesta ST.

>have to carry stuff
>weather

I'm tall as fuck and any bikes people recommend me are literbikes or 600cc
Id' rather learn to ride on a 250 so I don't kill myself

I've been asking myself that, but there's a bit of an entry barrier because a full bike license costs between a grand and two here including all mandatory riding lessons, health checkups, first aid courses and exams.

>what is saddlebags/topbags
>what is raingear
There are good beginning options, even for taller riders. Im 6'3, first bike was a naked sv650 which fit ok. Have an fz09 now, will still demolish 99.9% of cars on the road but doesnt kill your back like a supersport bike does.

It's all fun and leans until you try to do a u-turn or something, hit a curb, and fall into a ditch. Also, no reverse gear.

To get good enough for a genuinely fast sportbike you must start on a janky GS500.

Jesus christ, it's a motorcycle, not an aircraft.

Yeah but splattered riders look bad in the statistics, also my country is relatively densely populated and motorcycles would eventually become a public nuisance by noise alone if more people rode them (in fact many agree that they already are), so high entry costs are a way to regulate the number of riders.

Tell that to whoever is heading Kawasaki's design department.

Honestly if I could afford a good sports car I'd prefer it, but it's hard to beat cost:performance and fun of a fast bike

Apples to oranges

I fell for the sport bike meme. It's fun but it's kinda hard to build the confidence for hard acceleration. This is about the best I can do and it's honestly using 50% of the bike's potential I would suspect

youtube.com/watch?v=9olAAFqx7NI

Well when I go fast in a car and I fuck up I might not die, same cannot be said for riding a motorcycle. Love my Grom though, perfect "I'm not going fast" bike for good old Downtown LA

Germany?

,k,

Yeh.

Cars have more grip, I won't have to worry about weather, I'd probably survive a crash, I need the luggage space

Not the user you replied to, but I live in the Netherlands, about 20 mins from our shared border. I noticed if you don't filter with absurd speeds and be kind in general, people won't see you as a dickhead.

I commute to my uni and my job every day on my dorsoduro 750, which I imported from Germany, lol. I don't have straight pipes or something, and filter at a walking pace, 5-8 km/h. People almost always make room. Just now I was following someone on a tiger 1050, people made room for us.

Tl;dr motorcyclists like snowcat are what pisses people off, don't be a retard and you'll be fine m8

>I won't have to worry about weather

It's not about pissing off motorists immediately around you, it's being audible to every resident in a quarter mile radius. And on sunny weekends when leisure rider after leisure rider goes by it becomes really annoying.

because cell phones

True but reckless behavior doesn't promote people's thoughts about motorcyclists. Eventually a person in a car will think "let me stop this biker with his reckless behavior" and throw his car in the way. It has happened multiple times.

I get that leisure riders can become irritating but that person should expec no less when living near a curvy road. I don't go and be upset about cars when I live close to a school

for bikes rain or snow ruins all the fun.
For cars snow and ice is just called "skidz season"
I just find cars more fun.

Yeah but in a valley a quarter mile radius turns into a half mile radius due to echo, and there is only so much space for living in a country. Also roads usually go from town to town and not through the middle of fucking nowhere.

Im short as fuck so I dont wanna look like a kid on tippytoes at the stoplights

>survive a crash
>over 100mph

pick one

thats why op said sport car.
in my opinion a bike its way more funny to drive than any car, if you want to enjoy a ride on weekends and drive fast theres no reasons to do it in a car instaed of a bike.

My life has more meaning than "dude I'm so fast bro!!!"

>live in SoCal
>people spend tons of money to get stuck in traffic

you'll be fine, my first bike was an 800cc, and 500-600cc bikes have actually just about become typical for beginners. just do your research.

will do, thanks mate

Death rate is much higher. If you get into an accident it's much more likely you will die. It's impractical to carry shit. Sucks when you get caught in the rain. Not smart to drive in snow. Hot as fucking dick balls in southern heat during summer. Engines barely last 30k before major repairs are needed on almost all sports bikes. Go through tires like toilet paper.

I DD a bike for years. I'd rather have a fast as fuck car and a bike. Bike is just for occasional highway blasts.

I like going fast through corners a lot lot LOT more than going fast in a straight line. It's infinitely more exciting.

because im not poor

I wouldn't enjoy it as I'm shit at riding, and I'm just not that interested in bikes and never have been.
Sorry buddy.

This

And my thread on Ducati 959 Insurance cost and general bike insurance cost banter

Too scared. When I move it's all open straight lines eliminating most of the risk from cars [by far the main problem] being stupid so at that point I'll probably at least buy a dual sport and ride it on public roads to off road destinations

I don't know user

I don't know

You don't need a special license/endorsement to drive a sportscar.

>You don't need a license to drive a car
Are you that fucking dense

Tries to brofist with a pic of a 1990's 600cc in a 1000cc thread

>ignoring the word special

its an 04. And not like it matters, a 90s 600 is still faster than anything anything 4 wheeled anyone on Veeky Forums owns

judging by the amount of stock corollas posted I think a Ninja 300 could take most of Veeky Forums

are you saying you wouldn't survive a 100mph crash in a car? If so.. have you taken a fall on your bike while not wearing helmet.. cause you are kind of dim.

I'. 6'4 live in bongland and am limited to 125cc and under, there are literally no options.

this

I don't mind a standard but have no desire for a supersport. On the other hand I'd take a 918 any day.

LOL my Z was faster than my 2003 600rr like 8 years ago. You only need like 550whp (depends on car, some less some a little more) to beat a 600cc bike. And if you're talking 90's you only need like 400whp. I took my 2010 cbr 1000 out to tx2k last year and probably 50% of the cars were faster. Bikes aren't that good anymore. They are speed for $ wise. But SO MANY cars are faster than bikes now.

also would never ride one in traffic period

Fair call. Your bike is still nice. Just not 1L

Your argument is that someone who can drive a car doesn't need a 'special' license to drive a different type of car. It's totally flawed logic. It implies someone with a motorbike license needs an additional 'special' motorbike licence to ride literbikes.

>bikes
>surviving a crash at 30mph
Also do you seriously think cars can't crash at 100mph? There are accidents that aren't plowing into a stationary, fixed object

You are completely missing the point..... You have to get a DL then get an M endorsement on it. Like one or two states allow motorcycle only licenses. You don't need to get extra endorsements to drive a fast as fuck car. YOU DO need to get an M endorsement to ride a bike though.

It's also not "my" argument. I just saw your dumb response to that user.
>Veeky Forums is one person

>Your argument is that someone who can drive a car doesn't need a 'special' license to drive a different type of car.
> It implies someone with a motorbike license needs an additional 'special' motorbike licence to ride literbikes.
Wrong again.
That's not even the argument being made, dummy. That's completely your own fabrication.

The fact is that in the US (and much of the western world), you DO need a special license or endorsement beyond that of the standard license to legally ride motorcycles which often includes a separate set of qualification tests.

Curious, not ride a SS or any bike in traffic?

You are both pathetic. Siding with your dumb ass, your argument is therefore you don't want a motorcycle because you need to pay $8 to the DMV to sit the 15 minute multi-choice test and then pay an additonal $12 to do the 3 minute rider skill test in their parking lot.

What DMV do you visit where you can get a M endorsement in 3 minutes?

You seem so eager to prove your point that you gloss over the several hours of practice a person needs to proficiently ride a motorcycle in a safe manner before they can even begin to think about taking the test for the endorsement.

You sure do extrapolate a lot of things to keep the goal post moving. I was just pointing out that you were stupid and you DO in fact need a special endorsement on top of the DL. I have an M endorsement. In Texas you have to take a 2 day class and it takes all day both days, no matter your skill level.

Because I have more fun in a car. Inb4 hur dur you haven't tried it, I started riding dirt bikes when I was 6, stopped riding bikes in favor of atvs at 15. The first time I broke a car loose on a take off and around a corner was way more adrenaline for me than the first time I jumped a big double.

>stopped riding bikes in favor of atvs
So Youre a little pussy who cant actually ride
Got it

Doing a shitty skid is no where near the feeling of having the front wheel lift up out of a corner

Whether it's a bike or a car you'll need a license retard. That was his point. You're dead set on making a motorcycle endorsement seem like a monumental challenge.

It can be as simple as taking one 3 day safety course or doing a written test and a riding test.

>But WAHHH you're going to have to practice riding!

And do you think most people can just jump into a sports car and drive like a pro? You have to put time and effort into it either way.

Are you a retard OP? People get sports cars because they like sports cars, just like how you have a bike because you like bikes.

I've got a bike, I love everything about bikes, but I can understand that other people have other passions. It's not just about numbers, motorcycles are inherently dangerous and only a retarded faggot would ride a motorcycle if they don't even really like them.

Mine was a two day course and it was fun as fuck. Test was easy the instructor basically gave us the answers everyone got a 100. Road practice was good too it was in a parking lot. Everyone passed with not even the slight chance of failing. Someone even dropped the bike right before the on bike test portion, the guy made sure they were ok and kept going.

They don't want to fail you, the best way to learn how to ride a bike is to take it out and practice. Side streets at first but no amount of research and safety courses can amount to the value of practice

Yamaha xt660r Supermoto... They drink oil, but are good as a starter bike. Also the dual exhaust is sweet asf.

I love riding my bike. Though I know that unless I dress up like a power ranger and take every corner like a motogp racer, i will be slower on a twisty road compared to something with 4 wheels and decent power to weight.

if you really just want something for pure driving pleasure, and be inexpensive and fast. You should get a Catheram 7 kit.

There is no such thing as a fast car. Only fast bikes. And if you faggots disagree try racing a moped in bumper to bumper traffic

It's a risk vs reward thing for me. I love the thrill of spirited driving and have a heavy left foot. If I do something stupid while driving too fast in a car, maybe a busted bumper or broken control arm or whatever. $500-5000 later, good as new.
If I end up doing something stupid while going to fast on bike, it's broken bones and torn ligaments. Lasting injuries that no amount of money can fix.

>too scared to ride in the wet
>doesn't have pannier racks

A car will always have superior storage space and weather protection but the way some people talk about bikes you'd think it's impossible to ride in the rain and with anything other than a tiny backpack

Get a 650 single dual sport. They'll get you anywhere and do anything, and they have tall seating. I had the same issue when I started out. Riding a DR650 now and getting an FZ09 this summer

Bikes have no carry capacity, shit in bad weather and are dangerous due to low visibility.

But none of those are reasons against buying a Motorbike AND a car to daily. .

OP is correct. There is no reason to not buy a Bike and use it for fun amd enjoyment.

What's the point of street bikes when you can buy a dirtbike for less than $1000 and actually have fun?

>I'. 6'4 live in bongland and am limited to 125cc and under, there are literally no options.

Literally wot

Lol I rode in motocross races since I was 10. It's just a preference, I have a pit bike that I take over to a buddies track he's got but driving is way more enjoyable.

Because winter 9 months out of the year and not being huddled under a overpass like a faggot every time it rains heavily.

>all these people that are afraid of dying

I don't get it, dying is inevitable. You're going to die whether you're 10 or 100 and you won't know what from so why be afraid of it? It literally doesn't matter, enjoy yourself some before you do go.

>Implying it's not fun to hit that perfect apex as your knee slider scrapes the ground that's only 2 feet below you then blasting out of the corner at a screaming 14k rpm

>being 14
I remember the days.

>implying the average squid can come even remotely close to pulling that shit off.

Most people riding liter bikes can't even do a fucking wheelie. All that performance so they can pull hard from the lights downtown and rev bomb people.

They're almost as bad as Harley fags.

Where do you live Siberia?

I'm afraid of either ruining my own QoL by crippling myself or ruining my parents' lives by splatting myself. For dying in general, BTFOing myself on a bike seems like one the better, less painful ways to go, but I'd rather not do that yet for the sake of others.

And most people that buy high end sports cars use em as a status symbol or baby them around every corner. I've seen many porches going are mulholland slow af only to have em wave me by. The only car to ever pull away from me on the Snake was a lotus Elise

Completely different and not mutually exclusive. As odd as it sounds I kind of just like riding a bike through lower-speed traffic even though I've only done this illegally with a dirt bike a few times

>what are statistics
I ride daily but obviously if you do things that are more dangerous than other things, you are more likely to perish

If you make a mistake on a bicycle you might get a scrapped knee. If you make a mistake on a 450lb motorcycle at speed you might get that scraped knee ripped off

Generally people don't want do die and do things to prevent that like going to the doctors and avoiding motorcycles. We all know someone who has died in a motorcycle accident

Close, Canada.
True. But it takes waayyy more skill to make a Sportbike go fast. Most squids on the fagholland would get smoked by a professional rider on a 250.

Smaller contact patch and no aero = less grip. Lrn2turn

This thread might be biased but I'm debating whether to get a sportbike or a car (fiesta st). I'm moving to a new city and I have my dad's old truck so I have a vehicle if I need it. I just want a fun vehicle but I've never had a bike.

probably, yeah

It's because so many douche bags like sport bikes. Had some dude stop in the middle of his lane and block traffic when I was off the side of the road in a parking space just to tell me I had a nice bike. I had to turn off my music and have him repeat himself to get what he was saying. People get retarded around bikes can't tell you how many times I've had people signal me to wheelie when I'm in traffic or in a crowded town center

Just wondering, what kind of bikes are actually the safest to ride? Least likely to topple over due to low traction/obstacles, can handle quick evasions when necessary, will protect you [relatively] when a crash does happen etc.

Something about bigger, comfortable bikes appeals to me but I've never ridden one and assume relatively speaking they're unsafe as fuck. I've never even been on anything more powerful than a 250cc dual sport

Fucking Europoors

>be 'Murican
>14 question written exam + $10 fee to get permit
>I can now operate any motorcycle legally. Even turbobusa
>minimum annual insurance is $75. Even for turbobusa.
>4 hour class/exam is free. payed for by extra $5 annual charge on my license for motorcycle endorsement
>now have full license
>Jesus Chist, freedom rocks

As a burger that's a bit ridiculous. I'm not defending the ridiculous fees but they should force more training

Thats because american lives arent valuable

No bike will really just topple over unless it's very low speeds and you've got a heavy bike you're trying to hold up. No bike will protect you in a collision but yeah I would rather dump a 450lb sport bike than an 800lb cruiser.

Ultimately you should get the bike you want within reason. Don't get a liter bike unless you want to be a really shit rider for a longer period of time, but eventually you will learn your bike and what it will do in certain situations and how it handles no matter what kind of bike you buy.

This was more out of curiosity and if there were really any differences worth speaking of. Was planning on getting a DRZ650 for both road and offroad use but I'm a little worried about fucking myself up on behalf of people who care about me.

My primary concern is safety, not looking cool or going fast

>whole world becoming Americanized
>American lives are less important
Boy the jealousy is real. Non American plebs always seem to call America unimportant yet they can't seem to keep us out their mouth. Weird how they know more about our country than their own.

So many people crash their bikes because they try to show off and do something stupid. Not wanting to ride fast automatically makes you safer than a lot of riders out there. Definitely get the drz650 and a good set of gear. Take the time to learn your bike. Stay alert as it's always when you're get a little too confident that you crash. Just don't be a dumby and you will be fine and glad you pulled the trigger and got the bike

It's such a great hobby I get excited thinking of all the future places and things to see. It's a great way to get out and do stuff. Usually a three hour drive gets tiring and irritating but when you have a bike getting there is half the fun

Sorry I'm not really answering much of what you're asking I'm just yapping about how motorcycling is fun

what are all American women like this?

>not liking big topping filled burgers and endless fries
It's cool if you're gay just stay away from me please

There are no "safe" bikes, only bikes.

You could argue that a scooter is the "least safe" 'bike' because it has tiny wheels, low kerb weight and nothing to hold onto with your legs, but desu all bikes carry an element of danger, that's what you accept when you throw a leg over.

>Least likely to topple over due to low traction/obstacles

Whether it falls over or not at low speed is entirely up to the rider. Avoiding wet manhole covers/paint lines on the road etc, using good technique is entirely up to the rider, not the bike.

>can handle quick evasions when necessary

All bikes can do this, it's not hard to swerve unless you're fully cranked over mid-corner.

>will protect you [relatively] when a crash does happen etc.

Buy a car. The best thing you want to happen in a crash is to become separate from the bike so you don't end up with it in your lap, for instance. It can't protect you if you're across the other side of the road.

He's probably being cheeky while making a point. Riding off roads pretty fucking fun man. It's no coincidence almost all pros started on dirt and train on dirt in the offseason

>So many people crash their bikes because they try to show off and do something stupid.

Or when they're yapping/vlogging to a camera or changing tracks while riding. They always bitch at cagers for being distracted but it's okay for them to ride while being distracted.

This really bothers me. I see so many instances of like a rider doing 120 around a corner then being furious when a car pulls out in front of them. We are harder to see and difficult to gauge our speed. It's going to happen often. Get over it. I commute 120mi a day and something happens every fucking day.