webums with sounds:

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tlw2YpBIq2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=gcnR3hfnHHc&t=586s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dank

>tfw you will never own the magnificent wheeled crawfish

i just realised im going into the mountains and it might get really cold...

Perhaps i should pack my leather jacket just in case...

Does it come with that bike?

opinions on honda cb or cg125, or other low maintenance bikes up to 125cc, any reccs?

Does what come with that bike?

I think this is the first time i've seen someone actually execute that front fork design. It's such a shitty design meme, i don't even know why you'd do it, seems like a needless attempt to reinvent the wheel.

YBR125

Get a 2007+ model because they're EFI.

Is there any downside to gearing up? I wanna go from 14T to 15 in front to lower highway rpms on my lol300cc. Will top speed be lower somehow?
>>grad school
>>all I care about is making this shit last 50k miles in 2 years
>>and mpg too

Dear god, that thing is hideous.

Shouldn't top speed be higher but you lose torks?

You mean this one?

oh fuck the weather reports have changed, looks like a high chance of rain on saturday ;_;

This might turn out to be an awful, unpleasant ride

Because it allows you to do this. Weight saving because smaller frame structure, also lower center of gravity.

>EFI
missing the point of the low maintenance bikes

I am on a cg125 clone.

But not this one

O. Well that would be cool. It's already gutless past 85 atm, so I just assumed the engine prob wouldn't be strong enough to go any faster in 6th.

>EFI
>zero maintenance and better fuel efficiency

>carbed
>have to be cleaned and less efficient

Okay, m8.

Taller gearing would result in a higher top speed. It will just take a while to get there.

how much did that run you? i can get a cb for about $300, not sure if it's a smart investment

I am completely in love with it, nothing I've ever seen looks even remotely similar. I don't know if a different color will make it better for you, but I like it most in silver, reminds me of pre-war planes with corrugated body work. Also it's full of engineering.

I paid 2 million won for it, it's a 2016 model with bugger all mileage, options were surprisingly limited as a non korean speaker, i could have gotten a CBF125 for 1,600,000 at the same place but this bike was just nice

but it's another thing that can go wrong, the point of the cg is that it's pretty hard to kill even with minimal maintenance. EFI is better, but a carb is more reliable

Going to a dealer to see if they can replace the key that somehow fell out of my ignition while riding yesterday

Let's hope my title is proof enough I own the bike and that they don't call the cops

Riding in the rain isn't so bad if you have the right gear user. It can even be fun, in a "type 2 fun" sort of way. Just pack your rain gear and some insulating layers.

i have a mesh jacket... with a water proof liner/ i think it's water proof...

>hey, hey guys
>how 'bout we make a scooter
>BUT
>we give it apehangers
>and the godawful steering system of crazy italians

Just get a cheap rain suit if you don't have anything else. I don't know what's available where you live, but in the US you can get a cheap-ish set of rain jacket and pants for ~$20-30 at the market. Bring a roll of heavy duty tape even if you're that worried so you can cinch it down around your wrists and ankles to keep water out.

Bring a sweater to wear under your jacket.

I did this on my KLR 650 a few years ago. Switched back to stock a few months later.

Dropped 450 rpm at 65 mph.

MPGs dropped from about 48/49 to about 38.

Lower top speed.

4/10 would not do again.

*autistic lobster sounds*

Right, help me decide,

F800ST or TDM 900?

The two things I can think of for the F800ST is the belt drive, onboard computer and amazing gas mileage. Also looks nicer imo.

Otherwise, the TDM 900 is more comfortable and has a bit more power.

They are both pretty much the same price.

i want 90s colors back

ok

it's annoying though, i planned a two day riding trip on the weekend when they had a high of 20... it's gotten down as low as -20 here, 20 feels hot as fuck right now.

>STILL posting the old /wsg/ link.
bruh

ow my back

Let's be real here for a second.

Aftermarket exhausts, are they even worth it? All the ones available for my bike are fiberglass packed designs that require occasional re-packing.

Manufacturer says every 8-10 hours, which is fucking ridiculous and I can't imagine would be worth it for anything but a pure race bike. What's more, they're all rivet together designs. Other sources say you can go quite a bit longer.

The only exhaust I found that doesn't use fiberglass packing is pretty ugly unfortunately. I've done a handful of simple performance mods to my bike including carb work, intake work, and removing all the cali emissions shit. I was given a flatslide carb for free that I haven't installed yet, and I'm worried now that my exhaust is the thing holding my bike back.

What do?

Well the CG was designed specifically for the third world. If you don't live there and have a dealer network locally I would take the risk on one of the modern EFI 125's. Chances are it won't fail on you. Everything else about the bike will still be as simple and self servicable as a CG.

wat bike

when you're talking about tiny engines, it's not a big deal

Carbs are fine. They don't require maintenance unless you let your bike sit without draining the carb and the gas spoils. They can also get clogged if you fill up with dirty, shit grade fuel, but that's easily avoidable with a simple inline fuel filter.

Something goes wonky in an EFI system and you need a repair tech or new parts. Nothing breaks in a carb, there's nothing TO break.

Sounds like you got a dirt bike of some sort. Exhausts will rarely make any significant difference to performance unless they put some pea-shooter can on there for the sake of meeting emissions and noise standards to make it street legal.

did she earn that cross?

Full exhausts make a big difference if the bike is choked up from the factory. Slipons not so much. What bike? Sounds like you are describing a 2stroke to me

>Nothing breaks in a carb, there's nothing TO break.
Wrong.
The carb body eventually wears out on slide-throttle style carbs. If the slide is plastic it will wear out as well. Diaphragms and seals will degrade over time. The float needle can lose its ability to seal, or even worse it can get burrs and stick so it won't regulate fuel well. Jets clog up.

How does one earn it?
I don't like it there anyway. It looks like it was an afterthought painted on by a previous owner.

bravery in battle of course

XR650L

I bought it with 2200 miles and it's got 20k now. The stock exhaust is bulky, heavy, and restrictive. It's also quiet and maintenance free though. I've done some work on the headers to open the inlets up a bit, installed a uni filter, increased airflow through the air box, removed all the smog crap, and performed some simple carb mods that are recommended for all XR650 owners. My stock exhaust is beat to shit from off road use, and I either need to clean it up and paint it or just replace it.

Yoshimura, Pro Circuit, FMF, DG, Supertrapp, Big Gun, etc all make exhausts but it's hell finding real information on maintenance and db levels for most of them. The guys that ride these bikes seem to only post on forums and the info you're looking for is always scattered between hundreds of threads. Manufacturers don't show cross sections or anything. It's a pain in the ass.

>How does one earn it?
youtube.com/watch?v=tlw2YpBIq2Q

Is carbon fiber worth it? Got a guy with a parts bike and some carbon fiber farkles that would fit on mine but not sure how much he would want for it.

>want to get into bikes
>have mostly highway commute
>want to be fast
>want to live
Will a 650 feel fast to someone who doesn't ride? How much should a used ninja 650 or Sv650 in good shape cost? Is 650 insurance significantly higher than 300 insurance?

m8
a harley on a stock cam is basically tesla tier acceleration

i like the look and always hated the stock covers (why did they need to be silver?) so it was worth it for me.

Yes, it WILL feel fast.

>90s colours
>filename 2001

650 will feel fast at first then soon it will fade away and just feel average. Same with pretty much any bike I guess.
>insurance
depends on the insurer and a million other factors. The quote I got for an SV650 was exactly the same as a Ninja 250.

Reminder that if you don't have a peter you're a pussy but if you make your purchasing decision based on anything but which you think Rossi would be fastest on at Mugello you are a cuck according to /dbt/

What are liter bikes good for?

pretty sure it left the designers office in 1999

If you want low maintenance get FI. It works until it doesn't.
When is the last time you had a carb that you didn't need to touch for 190k km?

Thanks, is 3-4k reasonable for a 650 or should it be more or less? (Used of course)

Riding fast.

Not even remotely 90s enough.

That's 80s though.

needs to pop more

Going sanic and dieing a premature death

Riding. Wait maybe they're just for bench racing by nobiek faggots, you're right

Sounds reasonable for something used in decent condition. Some will be cheaper than that, some will be more expensive. There's a bunch of different factors that determine cost.

How about this

i got my 750 for 4k in mint condition
you can get an er6 or sv650 for 1500

>20 years from now there will be electrical retro-bikes styled after this.

That motorcycle looks like someone knew what they were doing in the 90s to create an aesthetically pleasing sportbike.
I love the avante guard experimentation in 90s sportbike aesthetics. You had bikes trying to be the gawdiest, fastest things on the streets with no fucking life support.
It was a different time. One where Brett "The Hitman" Hart and Shawn Michaels were wrestling for an hour. Where you could see Kawasaki Ninja Power Wheels commercials. When your math textbook covers were made by art students that fucked a lot of programming students in their college years.
Fuck yeah.

That bike is literally perfect.

classic kawasaki green is 90s by default.

>used to riding a 650
>friend has a 170cc honda ruckus
>mfw 60mph feels like 200mph

>all this retardation
Let's get this out of the way forever:
A motor is a device that provides motive power.
An engine is a device that converts a heat gradient into mechanical power.

>tfw no 90s as fuck ZXR400 with ram air tubes right in you face
feels bad man

>that gear

i remember being a teenager wearing colors like that going on family skiing vacation.

good times.

I know that feel

>mfw everyone is riding around on electric bikes and I'm still riding a gas powered death machine

Getting your license suspended, dying early, and racing on a real actual track.

Guess which thing people who own liter bikes never do.

What do you mean is carbon fiber "worth it"?

Do you mean is the price worth the weight reduction of several ounces? Or do you mean "is the price justified because carbon fiber is a panty dropper"?

>either way the answer is no

The average motorcycle death is on a bike with 999cc, as an average.

Bigger bikes kill more people

I find the lack of 2-strokes disturbing.

I want motorcycle leathers in colours that match an ugly 90s sportbike, and a helmet to match with that. I missed out because I was just a kid during the 90s.

If you took modern liter peters and made them 2smoke instead would they fly?

statistic must be warped by bad harley riders ending up under semi trucks attempting to overtake them.

Resident DBT ancient one here.

Me and my old ZX6R. In one of the few "all the gear" shots for a street ride.

I still have the leathers. They still fit.

Or maybe most people ride bigger bikes

sh-should I?

And I'll still be riding my 650 single cylinder thumper. Probably 675-720 by then, depending on how many times I can wear it out and providing I don't crack the head.

Are you like 40

what happened to it?

probably

i mean this is a fucking 500CC single cylinder

youtube.com/watch?v=gcnR3hfnHHc&t=586s

Three questions
>do you want to
>are your pipes rusted and you're too cheap/lazy to get them shined, but don't want to half ass things and paint them black
>do you have an air cooled bike
If yes to one of these, then go ahead familam. But your bike will smell like burnt cake.

>2038
>not just 3d printing your own titanium bike frame

Ronax and Suter made modern 500cc V4s if thats cool enough for you.

Damn! That's edgy