/hsg/ - Hearthstone Bots General

Please note that the human playerbase of this game took a huge hit at The Grand Tournament and everyone left after the release of Old Gods. The only people left are gold-farming bots, Kripp, and bots designed to streamsnipe Kripp. This thread exists for said bots to discuss how to farm gold more efficiently, cheat to Legend, and of course, design memedecks that infuriate humans (like Kripp).

Bot Trivia of the day: The dragon featured in this card is Anachronos, son of Nozdormu. It is currently unknown if Nozdormu approves or even knows of his son's extreme polygamy, and his frequent usage of Brann Bronzebeard as a wingman.

>/hsg/ Tournament Information
NA Tournament continues at:
challonge.com/BennyBrodesLockerNA

Viewable at:
twitch
.tv/axolotlhooves

>Deck lists, news etc
liquidhearth.com/
heartharena.com/
hsdecktracker.net/

>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone/
zotac-cup.com

>/hsg/ general & tournament discord
discord.gg/6QpusaH

>Optimal pack buying / crafting strategy
Save up all gold 120 days before each expansion (6100g). This means saving for the next set starting the 18th of April. You can craft remaining top legendaries without the chance of pulling them from packs.

>Simulate your 50 pack pre-order
speedodevo.github.io/packr/

>Track your Un'Goro pity timer
pitytracker.com/

Previously:

MRGLRGLGLGL

Play Cunnyverse

Status on the tourney?

nth for reminder that golden cards give you better RNG, do not dust them

daed gaem

if only, user
if only

...Bane?

Speakinh of which, which deck should I use for better farm? The bot is retarded with secret pally

Underrated post. The game is trash, new players shouldnt even bother

>I keep seeing people say Karazhan is more worth it than packs so maybe I'll get that.
Adventures have a slightly better gold/dust ratio than boosters, but a much better $/dust ratio, plus a few guaranteed staples like Maelstrom and Spirit Claws.

Last expansion was not only horribly bad, but also commited a lot of it's resources to support archetypes that are just rotating out.
New players can't really do much with cards that works only in reno/dragon decks. That's the fucking worst thing.
Fucking meme streets could just move into wild with 2015 expansions.

If I buy the first wing of BRM and LoE can I still buy the rest of it with gold once it's out of rotation?

And will it still award cards?

Yes (also with cash), and yes. I just spent 700 gold on BRM just for this purpose, just in case something in it ever becomes really fun/broken for wild play.

>Last expansion was not only horribly bad, but also commited a lot of it's resources to support archetypes that are just rotating out.
Also self-contained archetypes like Jade, which will never get another ounce of synergy. At least with Reno, there's always a hope that the next set will replace him, and that they're just waiting because they don't want them both available in standard at the same time.

reminder if you have finja to put the water package in your decks and splash up the ladder while the meme's still spicy.

I really enjoy the game so far and I want to keep enjoying it, there just don't seem to be any great options for brand new players like me aside from the welcome bundle, which I already took advantage of.

I'm just not really sure how to optimize the dust or what to use it on, and it's kind of a turn off when I hear the content isn't that great, rather it just has great value once you destroy it.

I guess if I had a good idea as to what I wanted to do it would be a different story but I'm still very much learning. I've been playing less than a week.

What do you think it smells like?

whats wrong with his right hand?

>tfw you know the smell because you did work experience at an elderly support home

it's not great, and men at 90+ are still horny cunts

massive knuck

Random.

Lena Dunham's pussy.

There are not any and there never will be. They want you to cough up those $500 dollary doos

Karazhan is the worst of the 4 adventures, but it still has a number of good cards. I think every class got something decent. Even if many don't see play in meta decks, you can still make effective use of them.

Any reveals since announcement?

I would wait until the next set comes out before spending any dust. After a few weeks and the meta settles down a bit look for high performing decks that aren't very expensive and save for those.

adapt your murlocs

With the way they're nerfing who knows. Just last week Finja became a thing and the set has been out for like what 3 months?

Paladin is going to get only murlocs for class cards this time, isn't he?

Finja became a thing because some pros used it in tournaments. Ladder is way different from tournaments, namely because there are decks other than shaman and reno mage.

Give me a quick rundown on the NA tournament so far

should I still put STB in my miracuru deck?

>shaman banned in every match
>it's a reno mage, pirate warrior, finja fuckfest
>inept pointless casters

I'm not even watching and I know, user.

>controlling the match entirely with my basic shitty lock deck For 99% of the match
>opponent summons sylvanias followed by two other legendary cards
>lose

So do I need like half a dozen legendary cards in my deck to be even close to being viable at a certain point? This is how most of matches have been going in ranked since I started going below rank 22.

It's just stupid how these cards completely fucked me so effortlessly, after I dominated the entire match, when I have no access to similar cards as a beginner.

Why the fuck are these people so low ranked with their stacked decks?

>Pirate warrior and finja
>With patches, STB, and warleader banned

LOL friend, you don't know the half of it

People will argue that Hearthstone isn't pay to win but Legendaries remain deck defining with powerful effects which literally aren't printed on other cards.

Hearthstone only got bearable for me when i lucked on a trash golden legendary and dusted it for something competitive.

As for being low ranked, it's the start of a new month, give it time for the ranks to level out as people grind ladder.

real men play hearthstone.

Can someone explain why players that have hit legend start each month any lower than rank 10? Why would you have clearly experienced people with a lot of cards go down anywhere even remotely close to scrubs and new players? Every month. Every single month. Who does this benefit? How do the strong players benefit from starting so low on the ladder so often and having to climb all the way back up through nonmeta elo hell? And how do the worse players benefit from playing against really good people they obviously have no business playing against? You have to be a moron or a sadist to come up with this shit.

every deck should have 1-4 legos

>controlling the board for 99% of the match
You gotta learn when to go face instead of just trading into minions because all you're doing is stalling until your opponent gets to his good cards otherwise. Just think "what can happen if I don't kill this minion, does he get a favorable trade or be able to use a spell that he couldn't otherwise?", since half the game is knowing your opponent's deck.

>why are these people so low ranked
Blame Team5 and their shitty ladder system. At the beginning of every month the ladder resets and even Rank 21 gets filled with netdecks that homebrews never ever stand a chance against.

It just baffles me how they insist on making the game so new-player-friendly but it remains obvious they don't actually play the game and rely on community feedback from 13 year olds.

the thing is rank 20 even at the end of month is filled with bots on 1:1 netdeck renolock

Because then even the casual mobile players might notice the huge gaps between content releases / changes in hearthstone. You get put back to the start of the race so you keep running your hamster wheel without giving too much thought to what is going on.

They have this fantasy of the "returning player" that they don't want to turn away, too bad the ladder swings at the end of every season is causing them to hemorrhage new players hellgate:london style

it really sucks that i can do a little googling and literally call out every card my opponent is gonna play to the letter. Most of them don't even look at the fucking board, they just obsess over curving out.

>not p2w
only blizzdrones and legit shills will try to say this game isn't p2w. By nature of ot being a card game it's p2w. Also shills like to being up chinktrump being a f2p player. You literally need to make this your job to be a f2p player. Or get a clue and bot your games every day

same thing on tournaments too.
every deck in NA and EU is the same, at least chinks are teching some cheesy cards into them

Those people should be castrated, it couldn't be more p2w. It however still remains fun regardless.

At least is not crazy in thinking some of these decks are way too ridiculous for the rank I'm at, I thought I was just severely lacking cards, which is still true, but at least it'll calm down.

Well shit.

I know what you're saying but in I don't think there could have been a solution for this scenario.

Oh well, it's not like I haven't played mtg and felt the same thing. It's just annoying that they put these people with me, there has to be a better way.

so, I've asked s few times and people tell me Kara is better to buy than packs for the dust value.

there are definitely some cards I could use in there too but what are the safe cards to dust? Is there like a go to, agreed upon list of shitty cards I'll never need that I should disenchant?

If I decide to buy that is. Part of me is still tempted to try my luck on $20 worth of classic packs but no one seems to think that's a good idea.

Compared to the first week of a season when 4 out of 5 opponents are Tier 1/2 netdecks? Naw.

And you can't really blame them either, they just want to ladder out of the Rank 20 mud as fast as possible. It's the whole ladder reset system that's the issue, it desperately needs some fine tuning.

It kinda disgusts me that Blizzard expected a tournament meta to grow around this when they don't put anything in the client to support it at all. (e.g. modifiable banlists, client-supported brackets, streamer interfaces ala King of the Kill)

it is p2w, sure but you guys sound like you are expecting to hit legend with fresh account day1. there is literally not a single f2p that lets you compete from start unless its new.

its worse in $/dust ratio but the real problem is you might get 20 packs worth of expansion fillers and millhouse memestorm as your pity timer lego

>Is there like a go to, agreed upon list of shitty cards I'll never need that I should disenchant?

Nope, nobody can ever know what Blizzard decides to push in one of the future expansion leading to some cards from Kara or other now shit tier cards to be broken as fuck.

Not really. We're just opining on how Hearthstone is almost comically stingy, even by p2w standards.

f2p these days can expect upwards of a year + before they get even remotely viable, which isn't helped by Team 5's chronic balancing issues. At this point, it shouldn't even bother to present the f2p path in my opinion, as it literally is just 4 months minimum of being stomped with the tools to counter being dangled out of reach,.

>year+
well, that's actually true.
If you started around rotation

Say your line hearthcucks

Why can't they do daily card reveals like before?
Now the hype is pretty much dead already because no reveals

I get that part I guess. part of me still has a hard time understanding how a beginner is going to get more value out of potential dust gain though. I mean, I don't even know what is worth dusting or crafting. There are definitely some cards out of Kara I could put to good use I'm sure but one of my issues as a beginner is just a general lack of cards in the first place, which is why just opening some packs sounds so appealing.

So for me, it becomes a question of do I want these predefined cards or an overall larger collection with the chance of some good cards.

Idk, I'm still new so maybe I'm missing the big picture.

Hmm well I guess things are always subject to change but people made it sound like the real value of getting Kara would be the dust so I have to imagine there are so safe bets as for as that goes.

Meta slowdown + no power creep guaranteed!

> people made it sound like the real value of getting Kara would be the dust
we're just salty because every other adventure introduced amazing legendaries and in Karazhan
Moroes was dusted by every poorfag the second they got him because of how bland, uninteresting and not good in general he is.
Barnes is good only because he can pull out a random 1/1 sylvana or ragnaros from your deck by pure rng
Curator is good but to get full value out of him you have to build your deck in very specific way which is going to be even harder once azure drakes and Finley rotate out, there is a chance we might get some interesting murlocs and dragons tho
Malchezaar is meme legendary which is really bad on paper unless you want to compete in fatigue every match or want to have fun with legendaries
Medivh is horribly slow and introduces even more rng to your deck, so only the greediest mages use him.
Neutral cards are mediocre, priest and warriors didn't get anything interesting.
On the positive note every other class got at least one very good card, and arcane giants are amazing as long as jades don't exist.

it benefits blizzard because it cripples the new player experience and they will be more likely to quit or open their wallet

What's a paladin deck that can actually win? I got a pally 3 wins quest. I swear to god this class is cancer tier garbage and can't for the fucking life of me cheese out 3 wins. I got one lucky win from some retard conceding instantly.

the only half way competitive deck paladin has is anyfin can happen murlocs. personally i prefer aggro murloc pally.

Handbuff can rack up some wins if your draw is good
Or you can N'Zoth in Wild I guess

Does secret still work there?

yes

Jesus. I wish that meta was back. This is far, far worse.

Hmm, well I appreciate the breakdown, although I don't feel any closer to making a decision.

I feel like I going to be in the same rut of just not having any options no matter what I do, unless its dropping $100.

Do your dailies, open classic packs, play arena and brawls and try to have fun.
They will announce all the Un'goro cards before end of the month, if it's any good just preorder it.

it's worse than pirates, which are worse than reno
patron is really good for farming pirates and paladins

the decision is really safety vs risk

kara has some good cards to round out decks with even if they aren't like super overpowered cards, many cards are fair
for every class other than warrior and warlock theres some nice cards that are useable to run or upgrade your deck with, i think for starting out it should give some nice paths to explore

the experience should be pretty fun of doing the bosses and the class challenges, and you need kara anyway so you never go wrong with it basically, its a good baseline

as for the packs that would be the risk thing, the problem is that generally packs are just a bit unfavored so it's like playing the lottery, you are hoping to get lucky here which generally doesn't happen

also packs are kinda infinite but you only need kara once for a set price
after that the whole decision making shifts to packs and which pack you can even use collection calculators for and put in cards you value and which you don't, which cards you already have. you get an objective tool to decide what to do if you crave this kind of decision making

so i really think just get kara out of the way, it will feel the best in general. just for the fun and hours of beating the bosses it will justify the 20 bucks if you are a bit liberal with money

as for the dust, i really agree that is super tricky and generally i would not go into it like that, you will have to learn more about the game and doing a bad dust it's really terrible. i tried to look into dusting guides and even those aren't 100% where one meta some cards that become staples were on the dust list etc so that point is very true

something like a guide for legendaries might be more appropriate or ask here and people should give you advice. basically dont worry about the dusting right away just collect some cards first

also do the trump basic series it teaches a lot of concepts and has decks you can build and then you can increase their power from the cards you have on top of that

Dont listen to
Just walk away and never look back. You need to invest at minimum $300 if you want to not get steam rolled on ladder. There are better card games, just walk away lad

Why does he have to play ladder? He can play meme decks for fun

Modern masters soon. Good fucking stuff there. Linvala for christ sake

and pay 200+ on packs so he can he all the meme legendaries

We live in an age where if you have a f2p deck it's better to play Ranked than Casual, and those are kinda the only options

my friend that i introduced somewhat recently had the stuff he needed to build pirate warrior after a month-ish of playing and only buying the welcome bundle
budget hearthstone is completely doable, especially with the to-be-added login rewards on the horizon

>budget hearthstone is completely doable, especially with the to-be-added login rewards on the horizon
one un'goro pack has been added to your account

Go to sleep, ben. Even in casual you have botters playing pirate warrior.
This. It is a great time to get into mtg if you want to play a card game so bad

Cut out the extra step and just give him 40 dust

>login rewards
I wouldn't really be hype for 3 outdated packs and 3 Un'Goro packs though

It needed to be like 20 packs of your choosing to even be worth mentioning

no matter if you listen to me or to him, just don't throw your money away.
Your collection won't magically improve once you throw money at Brode, YOU WILL HAVE TO grind your way into this.
Even if you spend 300$ and craft the deck you want, it will get boring after a while, you craft Gromm, play with him for a month and then you need Tony for a mage deck.
Be patient, it will feel better this way.

I SERVE THE FIRELORD

No free pack for you next week cause you are gonna get a lot of golden legendaries in the heroic tavern brawl. Make sure to have fun anons and dont forget to preorder the new expansion HAHAHAHAHA

>tales of a blizzard employee

No. Their goal is to get you in the game with nothing and tell you to "grind and just do your dailies :^)" Which assuming you have 8 spare hours a day will net you 1.5 packs. Which will frustrate you into spending money. HS follows a typical mobile game format which trys to frustrate you into spending money. Just vote with your wallet and tell them to fuck off until they improve the experience for new players

enough is enough ben

anyone else /goldenrag/ yet? only a month until he stops being free

nope, don't wanna randomly open either one so waiting until more close to the deadline

nice pack

YOU FACE JARAXXUS
EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION

MK thanks for the advice. If I decide to pull the trigger. It will be Kara and the I'll just keep using gold on classic packs

I got him from my welcome bundle. He's really satisfying to use and win with.

OBLIVION!!!!!

It's funny, because just that game before I complained about jaraxxus in a warlock vs warlock match

>jaraxxus in a warlock vs warlock match

Did I hear "Sacrificial Pact value" ?

This is the biggest reason I play burgle rogue

>Mulch 12/12 Edwin
>He gets Nefarian

HAHAHA
NICE STORY YOU SHARED WITH US

HAHAHA

>Play Dirty Rat on turn 2
>Pulls out Rag

>8 Card in deck that can Draw Card
>Turn 9 and still didnt draw any of them