OK so I've been recommended for a Trucking job by my father...

OK so I've been recommended for a Trucking job by my father, but I know FUCK ALL about truck driving and I need to get a Class A license and dont even know where to start aside from "goto the DMV and take a test"

What do??

>Pic related, the closest thing to Truck Driving I've ever done

you're fucked.

Practice in a truck. Go to DMV and take test. Be prepared to sit on your ass 12+ hours a day. Your health to rapidly decline. Never be home. Have no type of social life. And to make maybe $60k a year at best after years in the industry. But more likely $35k for a while. Trucking is a shit job, don't let trucker fags lie to you. You can become an owner operator and after expenses maybe make $60-$70k a year. But that would require you to be on the road every day.

I sit on my ass all day working from home as a customer service phone operator. I'll be fine.

and what do you mean practice in a truck? I drive a standard GMC 1500 already, but I dont think that counts.

This post sounds like it came from someone who trained at Swift and quit after 6 months because he couldn't deal.

t. Company driver who grossed $54k first year and is in the best shape of his life. You don't know shit about trucking.

There are places you can rent truck time and they will show you shit. Google nigga.

>big rig rental
>big rig training
etc. I worked for halliburton almost 10 years ago, I learned to drive an 18wheeler in like two weeks. They sent me to some school. It's not that hard. And a lot of new trucks are going auto, which is even easier.

Alright, I'll do this then. Thank you.

btw is there like an age thing or something? I'm gonna be 25 next month

My family is a family of truckers faggot. My uncle owned a hot shotting business that I worked at when I was in my 20's. Sorry you have to lie to justify your career choice.
>I've been sitting all day for two years
>best shape ever!!!!

Whatever kid. Average trucker pay when starting out is about $35-$40. Period.

>hurrr muhhhhh pay isn't that so no ones is.

You're fine with the age. Ignore trucker fags like who will lie their ass off to justify their jobs. The pay is.. mehhhhh... considering you are on the road all the time. But get hazmat and put your years in you will make $60-$70 like I said.

when my father was trucking, he was making $1k a week, but he had to quit cause they found out he never got his license and then he got medical issues afterwards.

become an owner operator if you can. when my dad owned his own setup he was bringing home about 10k / month.

That's $52k a year. Probably before taxes, because that's how most of those people talk about their pay. You'll see ads ALL the time looking for drivers with 1-3 years experience saying "make $1-$1,200 a WEEK!!!". Then they don't tell you about the insurance they will scam out of you. Or taxes etc. You gross $1k a week ($52k a year) after you have some experience. You net much lower.

>most of those people
most of any people

Yeah but trucker fags are the worse, because it's not just taxes like everyone else. Owner operators say shit like "I make $200k a year!!!!" But they are talking about before all costs. They don't PROFIT $200k a year. They personally make like $60k, the operating costs suck up the rest.

The best part is that even though you'll make more money over time, your buying power will remain the same thanks to inflation.

everything is written off. if you making 200k a year you're probably making about 120k. quit talking out your ass

automation will replace all truck drivers anyways

>everything is written off
LOL, you know how I can tell you've never owned a business? A write off isn't free money nigger. It CAN POTENTIALLY slightly lower your tax burden. And no, they aren't making $120k/year unless they own several trucks. GTFO.

This is exactly why you can never trust trucker fags. They are so full of shit.

Yeah it's called a railroad

ok bud. 3rd gen owner / operator but you're right.

Yeah, I am. You actually think "writing off" stuff means that you get that money back somehow. You are either a liar or the WORST business man of all times ever. You also completely ignored my point about faggots rolling in sales to talk about their "salary." Idiot. Operating costs (do you know what those are?) suck up all that money they "made". Then you have taxes. Then you have take home. How fucking dumb are you? Show me a YEAR END personal tax statement. Just line 37 is all I need. I'll wait for your $120k or there abouts on there.

>Yfw robots kill all humans
>Wants to be cucked by big papa gov
Cuck