Dueling Network General - /dng/

Thread #247

is MTG better? Edition

Last thread: New summoning mechanic: Link Summon
Explanation: ygorganization.com/memberdrawing6/

● YGOPro is an automated simulator.
>YGOPro (Windows): mediafire.com/file/baj95caex5si0n3/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy.exe
>YGOPro (Mac): mediafire.com/file/jpok5ejx0fvlu5k/ygopro-1.033.A-Percy-nopics.dmg
>High Quality YGOPro Images: ygopro.co/Forum/tabid/95/g/posts/t/23339/The-Ultimate-HQ-Card-Project
>Manual Card Updates (place inside the expansions folder): github.com/Ygoproco/Live2017

Useful Links:
>Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15:
yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf

>Wiki with a wealth of information for the players:
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market:
yugiohprices.com/

>OCG decklists:
blog.livedoor.jp/yugioh_tpr/
ocg.xpg.jp/v/deck/event.html

>TCG decklists:
yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists

>TCG/OCG news sites:
ygorganization.com/
blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/

>Hypergeometric Probability Calculator:
yugioh.party/

>Official /ygo/ ruling test:
testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:
●OCG: Starter Deck 2017 (March 25, 2017)
●OCG: Code of Duelist (April 15th)
●OCG: Cyverse Link Structure Deck (June 17th)

●TCG: Duelist Saga (March 31st)
●TCG: Structure Decks Machine Reactor & Dinosmasher’s Fury (April 13th)
●TCG Maximum Crisis (May 5th)
●TCG: Pendulum Evolution (June 23rd)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● Kill yourself
● READ THE OP
● Read carefully the cards
● Lurk and read the archives
● Google your deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event, see the provided links above
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play
● Don't respond to tripfags

Other urls found in this thread:

yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ARC-V_Volume_2_promotional_card
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GLORY TO THE XYZ!

second for
>my dick
post more

Third for i am still undefeated

MD Boss monster master race

>#247
xth for D/D is fun

>dies to a single dweller
LAugh my Aanus off

Damnit, OP.
/dng/ Thread #2468

what are you waiting for, fix it faggots

I spilled apple sauce on my keys and they're all sticky as fuck.

>lack of Shurit in artwork
I guess this theory is true then.

11th for E X O D I A

Glory on the Academia.

Reminder that July 2015 was the best format to play yugioh

>new official YGO format revealed
>no dupes allowed
what happens?

are you retarded
go back to beating youre grandmother
me fucking your dad

Is RDA still viable to play post Links?

gee boss was RDA ever viable at all

A question about Barrier Statues:
You usually play 3 of the same statue in the maindeck in order to (hopefully) conter the top meta decks and only allowing the weaker decks to summon monsters, right?
But wouldn't it be better to play a lot of different Barrier Statues in order to counter as much as possible, especially in a meta like the current one were the price of the best deck (Zoodiac) makes people more inclined to stick with their older decks like Metalfoes or Paleozoics? If you think about it, the current meta has decks of every attribute (Noids, WIA, Metalfoes, Toad Turbo, BA, BEWD, ABC, Zoodiacs, D/D/D and even stuff like Majespecters and Kozmo), so wouldn't you be taking a huge risk by maxing one kind of statue in your main deck?

thoughts on nekroz zoo post link format? I feel like rat&valk.dek has some potential

>Summon two Rats
>Tribute for Valk
You might be on to something here

Shaddolls will make a triumphant return in the post-Link format!

The invoker plus the manju/senju are also really good valk draw targets, as well as valks hand effect being really good this format vs viper and co

This is what I have at the mo, seems a little underwhelming

Actually yes. If built correctly for the current format. Nothing tier 1 but pretty decent.

I'm getting too old for this...

>page ten

me too

Alright, /dng/. Buster Blader or Black Luster Soldier?

Cloudians

Does ygopro have this link thing yet?
Also is it going to actually make main deck boss monsters more appealing or will extra deck still be king?

wow, gay

Can I tribute monster in my hand to pay for Amorphage maintenance cost?

No. You can only ever Tribute from your hand if the card specifically states as such.

Remember when people thought Amorphages would be tier 1 cancer?

Did the nips ever figure out a way to loop their Ritual?

Damn, I thought I can make some sort of Hieratic hybrid or some shit.

Anyone got a Blue-Eyes Chaos Max Dragon deckbuild to recommend?

>He didn't imagine a bunch of strategies the deck can still do without links
>He doesn't know that revived monsters go anywhere and most combos involve reviving
>He doesn't use High Ghenghis

It could plausibly still happen.
They are still extra deck locks that only need a good low scale to use.

So this is the power of an eternal Zodiac format.

Reminder that clear wing fast dragon will be release in September 5, 2017
yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_ARC-V_Volume_2_promotional_card

That's not erect, this is erect.

>Starving Venom is currently worth 20 dollars

What the hell just happened?

FUEN.

Even so. It IS a powerful card, but normally not worth using. Like, unless you use OEM, Predaplants or Lunalight, I don't see what deck would benefit from it. Well, unless Invoked actually use it.

Nice heft, but it's not dragon sized

>when you cant think of anything to talk about so you think of posting fanart but then you'll have people complain about spam so you just sit back and lurk

Who watching YCS Atlanta?

GLORY TO THE XYZ
GLORY TO THE WAIFU (Which we will never get sadly)
GLORY TO THE LIGHTNING

It's because you are too afraid to step forward and try

I would post my decks but they all kinda suck ass

Good post. It's silly that Anoytolis is water when she's wearing Devyaty

it's a mix of trish and devy. trish is why it's water and devy is why its a fiend

>guldos and winda
it's obviously winda and pulao

At last I truly see.

Which monster ended up having the saddest story?

There's no Trishula in the fusion, it's just frozen Construct and Devyaty.

shurit used trish's power to try to permanently freeze construct, which obviously wasnt strong enough. not sure if we know what exactly happened but it wouldnt be so off to say that construct fused with shurit seeing as construct is a water type and share the same atk and def stats as well.

All Shaddolls look like their original counterparts. There's absolutely nothing reminiscent of Trishula or Shurit in Anoyatyllis, except Devyaty's head serving as a helmet.

>Apprentice Illusion Magician wins the poll promo and will be next up.
>Still no MAGI MAGI for Rank 6 plays

Jesus Konami, DM decks were never meta, but could have had at least a few months to shine if you had actually released all of its stuff at once.

Now it has just been power-creeped hard.

Also, my prediction is that 32/32 of YCS Atlanta is Zoodiac. With Kaiju Zoo and Invoked Zoo builds being the only real differences.

How can I get Percy to download all the images in one time-download instead of downloading them the first time I see a card?

Come on man, Metalfoes Zoodiacs and Infernoid Zoodiacs can also compete.

>Also, my prediction is that 32/32 of YCS Atlanta is Zoodiac.

Likely. Even Konami expects it with how often they've been replaying the "How to use Zoodiacs" on the stream.

Going into Nationals/Worlds season in a few months is really going to suck. The current Meta is cancerous/degenerate as fuck.

>power creeped
>in Zoo meta

I took DM to my locals OTS, 36 turn ups. Topped 8 before getting choking hard.

Round 1 and 2 I was up against Kaiju Zoo where I lost die roll game one to both, but won game one against both.

They then forced the 5 turn shit game 2 which I only lost for being a few life points less due to bricking and having to stall with Quakings.

Dark Magician has a favorable match-up v. Zoo in every aspect of the game.

It is v. Infernoids where the deck can't do jack shit.

>*before choking hard

Fuck. No sleep sucks.

Outside of going first and praying you can set up a DM circle banish combo, sounds like DM has a terrible match-up against Zoo.

>I took DM to my shitty locals and managed to win some matches against some retards running YTube Builds.
>Therefore the DM Archeotype is good.

Never change /dng/.

the symbol of the ice barrier is in it at the very least absorbed some or shurit tirsh's power

Are you blind?

I won going second.

The deck wins going either first or second depending on the backrow removal of choice and even then, Zoo tries to avoid discarding their monsters in hand as often as possible.

I had a Zoo player side Twisters and discard a Rat. He then got cucked because I Navigation into Night's End to rip it out and sack Night's End for Rod to dodge a Strike.

The only time you lose is either A. You Brick to shit such as 3 Navigations/3 Eternal Souls and no Dark Magicians. Or B. You get sharked. Most of the time, Drident pops Circle anyways and you could give zero fucks since you can probably snatch the bitch or use Ebon Illusion to banish her.

Basically this.

It's very hard for DM to crack a full Zoo board if it goes second.

Also, a competent Zoo player will blow up Circle pretty damn quickly.

You literally need a mass wipe ala Mirror Force or Torrential and pray they don't have My Body as a Shield.

>implying American OTS Championships are anything like Europoor OTS Championships

Never change /dng/.

>not running Quaking instead

Zoo cries when they run into it.

>I had a Zoo player side Twisters and discard a Rat

Sounds like you were playing someone who was on total autopilot. That's a horrible play for Zoo.

Isn't ever Zoo player on autopilot?

He tried to sit on Vanity's Fiend with a Totem Bird and a Drident Game game two and ran into a Quaking when he started to brag about not losing to Tier 10 trash. And when he thought he had the negate, I responded with Dimensional Barrier.

You probably won some tacoland locals vs. guys running budget zoodiacs.

Your shitty DM build won't have a chance vs. any competitive player with access to expensive metadecks and knowledge about how to use them.

Ygo is a p2w game bud, topping at some tier 10 locals against poorfags will never be compared to top on an actually competitive local.

Stop being a nostalgia fag and shilling your brick deck.

>implying this hard because I spent half of what you did on loli rat of many misplays

Wew lad.

No wonder I left your mother the moment you were conceived.

anything have new link fields yet? What's taking them so long!

Until Apprentice Illusion Magician hits and a ban list hits Zoo, it's a terrible bricky deck at the moment.

Sounds like you scrubbed out during the most important stages of a no name local. AKA when you actually start to separate the wheat from the chaff and face actual good players.

All I see is you justifying yourself because you managed not to get a brick hand and trying to act like DM is tier 0, that must be why last year final was a DM mirror match...oh wait.

Nothing new.

Source, my friend?

Does anybody has the "Solemn Warning/Judgment" edit with the loli saying fuck off?

This.

The deck was rogue until Zoo/Invoked hit. Now it's just irrelevant, inconsistent and slow in the current meta.

Apprentice Illusion Magician WILL help. (and help greatly.) It's the missing piece of the deck. Once it gets released in the TCG, I expect it to make the deck respectably rogue again.

No idea, just googled "traptrix fanart" and that was one of the pics i found.

>Nostalgiafags trying this hard.
Calm down Atem.

>Implying I'm nostalgiafagging

It's a fun deck, but has serious flaws. It has way to many problems in the current meta environment.

AIM and the Link rule changes are the only hope it really has to be better. Unless it gets some sort of godlike support in Code of the Duelist or a future set.

We get it Atem, you like black magic sticks up your ass.

Fabled support would be nice

>Unless it gets some sort of godlike support in Code of the Duelist

I'm just hoping the DM reprint in it will use this art and make it Ultra/Secret rare.

I still can't believe Konami made it a common when they released it in the 2016 Yugi structure deck.

Oh look, a shitty card.

Who cares about rarity?
Not like it will be on the field more than 1 turn lol

>my nig doesn't know about my eternal soul

Stay free senpai.

>"muh yugi roleplay"
>"I summon my companion dark magician!"
I want duel links fags to leave, dark fagician was never good, even back in the beatdown days summoned skull was better.

One of these things is not like the others, one of these things haunts your dreams

So in the OCG if I flip a monster down that was targeted by an effect does that effect still apply or something? I was under the impression that if you BoM a monster that was targeted that effect loses Target but on YGOPro I got my Crystal Wing Spun by PWWB

Apprentice only serves to take a Strike for Rod.

The deck is disruptive enough, if you run Quaking for fucks sake, to win the match up.