Try to switch lanes in crowded traffic

>Try to switch lanes in crowded traffic
>The person who I try to merge in front of steps on the gas pedal and honks the horn at me if I think about getting too close
>Merge 2 cars ahead instead

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kHR5RKBdwp0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

People are fucking assholes user. Example:

>going to Walmart to buy oil for my leaking shit wagon
>I'm in the outside lane turning left
>Tacoma in the inside lane
>light turns green and we're off
>they weave immediately into my lane and narrowly avoid PIT'ing themselves
>they flip me off because it's my fault they don't know how to stay in their own lane

you're not aggressive enough, make your own room.

It's not worth a wreck.

Maybe not being an aggressive driver is costing you in other ways in your life.

get a bumper bully then
you can take small taps from slow traffic without ruining the paint

This happens to me all the time in the seattle area. If everyone left people space to merge, we wouldnt have any traffic Just make sure you leave space and hope people will follow your example

People don't like letting others in front of them. Something something psychological passivity, something something betamax.

It's no different than the people that overtake you after you've overtaken them.

>pass slow lady in new mercedes
>my lane ends
>she speeds up
>I merge into her lane anyway and she has to approach the shoulder and brake
fuck you moldy stacy

This.

>guy in front of me going slow
>I pass
>he can suddenly go much faster than before

If you didn't want me to pass you, why didn't you just go that fast in the first place, for fuck's sake

I think it also reminds them that they're going slow and might have been dozing off and not paying attention to their speed.

>going slow in front of the twisties to make sure there's room
>right before them I get passed
>guy takes the turns at 20mph

>person in front goes decent speed on straights
>ends up slowing down on curves and up hills

It's like you don't want to keep your momentum and like wasting time speeding back up

> Multiane road
> Lead cars going in excess of the speed limit
> All good man
> Narrows to single lane each direction
> 10 under the limit
> Why

>need to merge right
>dude in right lane sees my blinkers and proceeds to approach my blind spot
>speed at which he was approaching slows and damn near matches mine
>cant overtake him because car is in front of me
>forced to decelerate to grandma speeds to merge behind him
>the fucker then decides to decelerate so my merge becomes even more difficult and awkward

Why do people feel the need to do this? I think once people know they're in your way they feel entitled to take as much time as they can. Same thing when you're waiting for someone to move out of a parking space.

This desu
What makes me mad is.that I always signal unlike every other nigger that does this
I signal early and often so the faggot can see I need to switch lanes, then they don't let you in like wtf

So much this. I literally had to go 20 over when the road widened to include a passing lane, just to pass a few cars. And then everyone slows down to 5 under when the passing lane goes away. Seriously what the fuck.

>Letting people merge

If you sit back and let someone merge, you actually make traffic work. Faggots who give tons of space between them and the traffic in front of them think they're making things better, but you're not.

I leave tons of space cause there's almost always a tailgater right behind me. Faggots who leave no space make everything much worse.

This. Any kind of lane changing makes traffic worse. Especially when speed isn't matched before merging.

>at red light
>trucker pulls up next to me
>on green he slams on the pedal to get ahead of me, knowing there's a merge down to one lane ahead
>I don't think so Tim
>I speed up and easily overtake in my smaller, faster car

Of course when it got down to one lane he was just cruising under the limit. I had no interest in staring at the back of a truck for several miles instead of the nice open road which is why I did what I did.

>OP tries that
>the people in front block him out too and he's forced to make a turn he doesn't want

If your turn signal is on I'll let you in. If it's not I'll cuck you fuckboi

>try to change lanes
>fucking RETARD next to me is matching my speed
EVERY FUCKING TIME
SO IM INDICATING AND IM SLOWING DOWN THAT DOESNT MEAN SLOW DOWN TOO YOU STUPID CUNT

>some guy slams on the brakes, turns into a side street
>then indicates
>meanwhile behind him traffic is backed up because 5 people also had to slam on the brakes

You are not entitled to speed. The speed limit is there for a reason.

Sometimes poeple behind me honk when i let others merge infront of me.

I have to routinely honk the horn in Canada because cunts here treat the merge as a yield sign.

KYS

It's perfectly legal to prevent people from merging in Ontario even if you're exceeding the posted speed limit or slowing down impeding traffic behind you to make it happen. I've seen a ton of people who've gotten fucked over by this after an accident because the other person attempted to make them crash by not letting them in. The person trying to merge is expected to either stop or turn if it becomes a turning lane. If they're driving too fast to do either safely in an attempt to counter it it's still 100% the merging person's fault.

That's only one of the deadly yet perfectly legal maneuvers in Ontario that people exploit all the time to get insurance money and be justified in being assholes.

>why are sophisticated monkeys territorial?
idk man

>even canada's laws are full of shitpost
fucking leafs

That's not the half of it

>road markings have absolutely no legal significance and it's perfectly legal to drive on the wrong side of the road in all circumstances and you only have to be in your lane when "the driver is under the impression that there is other traffic around that driving on the wrong side of the road may affect"
>double yellows have no legal significance and not only is it legal to pass on them in all circumstances but if someone is turning left across them into a driveway they have to yield to the person passing into the oncoming lane
>it's perfectly legal to remove turn signals (hand signals can be used instead) and remove brake lights in a vehicle (all that's required of the latter is that little light at the top of the window or whatever) and turn signals are not required to be used unless "the driver is under the impression that their maneuver may affect traffic around them"
>you are legally required to merge into your adjacent lane when making a turn through an intersection despite that making it impossible to enter some driveways that are placed too close to the intersection and you're expected to haphazardly do so even when traffic you're facing is turning onto the same road because they're expected to merge into they're adjacent lane as well
>if your adjacent lane is clear when pulling out of a driveway on a multi-lane road you are required to make your turn but people in the other lane are allowed to change lanes and overtake in that space and are at no fault when they change lanes into you
>it is legal to change lanes through intersections resulting in the same situation when someone pulls out
>failure to move out of someone's way if you're in the left lane even if they're exceeding the speed limit to a high enough degree that they're committing the offense of Stunt Driving is Careless Driving on your behalf with harsher penalties than the former

Each one of these situations I've described I've seen exploited by some asshole who got off scot-free and had the other person charged with careless driving. I'd leave this shithole if I wasn't planning on basically starting a revolution to fix this shit and countless other things related to traffic law when I have the experience, money and connections.

Imagine this, but the guy on the inside lane went straight while I was making the outside lane turn, nearly hit the fucker and he was going pretty fast too

you're going to have to assert yourself. and if you're smart like me, you'll mostly stay behind or infront of the pack.

Almost forgot
>dumb poohposter

>Try to merge in in front of someone
>They speed up and lay on the on the horn
>Keep merging in
>They have no choice but to back off
>Flip them off and continue my day as if nothing ever happened

Works every single time.

Almost always happens whenever you do it to some retard who thinks they have some hotshit speed machine like a new mustang

>Bumper to bumper rush hour
>stoplight just after railroad crossing
>at the marker so I'm not sitting on the track like retard
>eveyone else isn't
>tfw I know that even if a train did come I wouldn't be hit but the idiots on tracks who jumped out of their vehicle are going to come flying into me when they get hit

>not intentionally suppressing their speed using their subconscious mind

All you have to do is match their speed side by side. They won't know what the fuck to do.

>>at the marker so I'm not sitting on the track like retard
>>eveyone else isn't
In rush hour traffic when I'm nearing the line, I like to leave a enough space for the car in front of me to be able to reverse back to safety, just in case they are stopped on the tracks and a train or lightrail is coming.
Once they pass the tracks and make it into that small 1-car space in between the pedestrian crosswalk and the tracks behind them, I move up.

Of course, I get honked at by cars (especially those SUVs and Cadillac Escalades). This move alone has actually helped prevent an accident in front of me 3 times so far.

If being honked at and being called a "retard" for not moving up is the price I pay to potentially save someone's car, and life, then so be it.

I'm a trucker. I.don't ever expect to win an acceleration race with a four wheeler ever. I'm thinking he was just trying to get his slow ass up to speed as fast as possible knowing that you'd have no problem running by him anyway. I very rarely feel the need.to beat a four wheeler and make a pass. When I do it's only cause they are driving like grandma.

>people who start beating their horns like drums when I stall at red lights
>all women in SUVs with nowhere absolutely important to go
>all the dudes, especially mid age and older dudes, understand when I stall and don't give me aggressive looks because they understand
even better when I end up next to another manual car. I promise I'm working out the final kinks to never stalling, but don't fucking ride my bumper on hills or start flooring the gas pedal when the light turns green, only makes me more nervous and hate the kinds of people who honk and give no leeway to beginners like me. And trust, there are certain types of people who specifically honk and get their blood boiling when I stall like I just killed their friend or something. Calm the fuck down people

You're inconvenient to time, get gud not on my time.
Also I know that feel user that feeling you stall is JUST

youtube.com/watch?v=kHR5RKBdwp0
:^)

also people who might notice my car is a manual and I'm obviously a beginner and still proceed to ride my bumper on a hill. Then wonder why my car is doing burnouts

How else am I going to improve without putting myself in these types of situations (traffic) and practicing? Me making you miss a green light is not going to ruin your fucking life or even day, you are still going to hit the same traffic as you were 3 mins ago had I not stalled and missed the light.

RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kek, i need to try this sometime in the highway

normies are tards

This is basically like those compilations of British people with dashcams, they sound their horn at anything that makes them even think of touching the brakes.

TL;DR people who have dashcams act like that

Sorry I said trucker but I meant guy in a pickup, not an actual semi. He was definitely trying to race me to the merger too.

This is why I've stopped using turn signals when changing lanes. Once someone sees it blinking, they proceed to close the gap.

Spotted the Californian

That's more a supersport rider mentality; they ride like absolute fucking idiots with a go-pro running at all times because they're just looking for something to throw a shitfit about
>weave through traffic at double the speed limit, nearly crashing multiple times
>cut right in front of a car without signaling when there clearly wasn't room or time to do so safely
>car almost hits the squid as a result
>WOOAAHHH LOOK AT THESE FUCKING ASSHURT CAGERS THEY WANT TO FUCKING KILL US JESUS CHRIST THESE LIBERALS ARE SO FUCKING MAD BRO
>*breaks mirror*
>*speeds off at 3x the limit*
>car actually driving somewhat near the limit
>driver is behaving more than reasonably assuming other cars will be driving somewhere near the limit or under it
>driver signals appropriately to change lanes
>suddenly: retard on a tiny object obscured by other cars pops out doing 180mph, hits the car and goes splat
>retard squid friends call for death threats on the driver

If you ever see someone unironically use the term "cager" they're this type of person

This. Remember ot have nothing but pure disdain for the scum sucking organ doners that use shibboleths like cager

necking all squids isn't even worth it since they're short for this world

Similar thing, except they're driving in cars and are British, so they say funnier insults

>people who merge onto the freeway at 40 mph
>especially when they're not driving a heavy work vehicle
>and the merging lane is over a quarter mile long

>mfw San Fransisco
>mfw all the one way streets
>mfw the suicidal pedestrians
>mfw the fucking hills
It was actually a really nice city to visit but holy fuck it was a nightmare to drive in.

>driver is behaving more than reasonably assuming other cars will be driving somewhere near the limit or under it
By this I mean if you're on a highway doing 80 in a 65 with traffic, a reasonable driver would expect people to do between 65-90ish, but even if they're going faster, it's easy to spot them because it's a large object

Somebody just please explain this logic to me
>motorcycles are dangerous
>people are driving big-ass fucking SUV shitboxes with poor visibility and not paying attention
>for those who are paying attention, people are looking for cars around them, not bikes
>it's easy to tell when a car is going way faster than anybody would expect given conditions
>and even if not, you could still see them coming from a distance
Then we have bikes
>with cars accidents happen, even the best of drivers make a mistake such as not seeing somebody camping out a blindspot
>a motorcyclist, who's a very small object thinks it's a good idea to sit in this blindspot and not pay attention, making the responsibility for his safety completely on the driver who doesn't even know the motorcyclist exists
>a motorcylist going down even at low speeds is going to hurt, any number of things could kill them even if not being reckless
>motorcylists are also invisible to a driver if a car is separating them from the driver
>knowing all this LET'S WEAVE THROUGH TRAFFIC AT THREE TIMES THE SPEED LIMIT EVEN THOUGH CARS AREN'T GOING TO BE ABLE TO REACT TO US AND ANY FUCK-UP WILL KILL US- HOLY SHIT THAT CAGER ALMOST FUCKING KILLED ME, WHAT A FUCKING RETARD SEE I TOLD YOU CAGERS DON'T DRIVE SAFELY OR CARE ABOUT ANYONE ELSE *proceeds to weave between cars at 180mph in a 65*

Oh
>and all the fucking honking

Yes but the SS riders are stupid while actively being reckless, British drivers are just stupid.

the bay area is basically a nightmare to anyone who isn't part of the ultra progressive or gay crowd

Who are more subhuman?

>Motorcyclists
>Cyclists
>Europeons

Can confirm. I don't really pay attention to my speed on the highway unless I'm passing people or people are passing me

The reason it was difficult to drive in has nothing to do with politics. Being progressive or gay has nothing to do with the anxiety I felt when a trucker or UPS driver decided to block a whole fucking lane so he can unload shit.

>cars wont let me merge
>drop it into second
>the engine roars and a backfire as loud as gunshots erupts
>i veer violently in front of them
>less than a foot of clearence
>person is visibly terrified and slows way down
HOPE YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON

>CYCLISTS
>Colour blind people who don't know the difference between a red and green light and just knock people off their fucking feet when they cross the road inocently

>Motorcyclists
Willing to die for a hobby they love, I can respect that. The ones who are cancer are supersport riders who live their entire, short lives doing everything for attention; they'll ignore any traffic laws, ride incredibly dangerously and never admit responsibility for their own actions, however most of them are dead by 30 so it's fine. They seem to not understand the difference between acknowledging it's a dangerous hobby and having a deathwish
Faggot Harley riders who just do it to be in a clique are annoying but at least they tend to ride reasonably and aren't looking to start shit for no reason.
>Cyclists
Motorcyclists: I'm riding a toy that can only go 25mph edition
>Europeons
pic related

Going with yuros on this one.

are you me?

>Being retarded
You are only correct if the merging is unnecessary.
If a lane ends, or someone needs to exit. Keeping a space in front of you prevents traffic. Ideally a space in front and back is best.

Problem is assholes merge 2 at a time, or merge cause lol that lane is faster, when in standstill traffic 1 lane only moves faster due to retards moving to another lane.

>I tailgate and take it as a personal insult if somebody wants to merge in front of me
Unironically kill yourself. Common courtesy and reasonable following distances causes traffic, but apparently what doesn't is preventing people from changing lanes forcing them to jerk over in front of someone last second causing them to slam their brakes resulting in a chain reaction of brake slamming because a self-important autist who doesn't understand how traffic works thinks he's helping. If you legitimately think tailgating is helping with mitigating traffic then I cannot even put into words how fucking stupid you are.
This, if it's merging I'll back off and let -ONE- person in, keeping my car's front almost parallel to their rear so they know I'm letting them in. If a second cunt is trying to squeeze in and/or there's that one genius who speeds through the ending lane to get ahead of everybody then I'm going to tailgate the guy I let in to make sure the second car isn't rewarded for being an impatient twat who's essentially doing the driving equivalent of line cutting

>parallel to their rear
Not what I meant; I'll keep the front of my car about half a car length behind the rear of whoever is in the ending lane that I'm letting in front of me so they actually understand I'm letting them go. Zipper merging works extremely well when people are playing along but it only takes one dick being impatient to ruin it for everyone

>REASONS WHY PEOPLE WHO UPLOAD DASH-CAM FOOTAGE TO JEWTUBE ARE FUCKING HIPPICRITS WHO SHOULD FUCKING BURN

This reeks of an SS rider/bong driver falseflagging but I'm not 100% sure

>People who drive less than 65 mph on evenly-paved, rural, 2+ lane roads with no curves or very slight curves
>Weekend vacationers crossing at at-grade intersections on the expressway with motorhomes/trailers that are longer than the median
>People who don't turn their headlights on until it's literally dusk

Go on some hilly back roads and just practice starting and stopping

This annoys me so much, literally the point of the ramp is to get up to speed but nah, they just keep it at 35

>cloverleaf ramp
>HURRR LETS TAKE IT UP TO HIGHWAY SPEEDS
>looses traction
>dies

>road leading to a stoplight that is currently red
>light traffic
>I'm pulling out of a side street
>cross in front of guy heading towards stoplight, turning right, on my way to the left turn lane next to the median
>he honks at me because reasons

Like what the fuck, are you in a big fucking hurry to stop at the stoplight or something?

I don't know what you're talking about, I took a clover ramp at 75 no problem in a Chevy shitbox.

It was accidental, but it did it anyway.

Christ m8 take a chill pill, your autism is starting to show

>driving on freeway
>right most lane
>dude behind me passes
>takes next exit 30 seconds later
>????????
Speed limit is 55 and I was going 65 like most others. Makes no sense.

>single lane road both ways
>opens to passing lane for about a mile
>now everyone is going 65 instead of 55 or 60
>passing lane ends
>back to 55/60 mph
This annoys me to no end also

>3 lane avenue
>waiting to turn right
>someone slows down to turn right onto the street I'm coming from
>heresmychance.tiff
>fag changes lanes in the middle of the intersection as I make my turn
>he has the balls to honk at me
>flip him off

Fuck people who don't know the most basic rules of the road. It's one thing if you lack the mechanics, but you shouldn't be allowed to play the game if you don't know the rules.

someday when I'm a cop I'll camp freeway onramps and destroy people entering the highway too slow.

>DONT YOU FUCKING TELL ME TO TAKE A CHILL PILL, I WILL SHOVE THAT PILL UP YOUR ASS. I WILL THEN GET THE WATER, BEND YOU OVER SND POUR THE WATER UP THERE AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>I'm retarded and view the world with black and white thinking

on the other hand
>driving on a twisty mountain road for fun
>encounter an intersection and a UPS truck pulls in front
>"oh great there goes my fun, he's gonna take that next set of hairpins at 10 mph isn't he"
>"wait why isn't he braking yet"
>he actually pushes as hard as possible into the corners, even crossing the double yellow line to take the racing line, and i'm pretty sure he was on 3 wheels at one point

the posty actually did things I didn't know a UPS truck could do... If I see that driver again I will definitely high five him

You'd make a killing in my city. One onramp to the expressway is so short that cars can only get up to 70km/h and trucks up to about 55km/h and are forced to merge into traffic that's doing 120 in the curb lane. It's the third most deadly spot in my whole city

gotta deliver the mail yo

This. I do them the courtesy of putting my signal for at least a few seconds before, sometimes forcibly, merging.

>people who come to a near stop to turn into a parking lot
>they do this by slamming on their brakes at the last second
>on a busy urban street
>posted speed is 45, everyone does 55
>people always tailgate so you have to pray the idiot behind you is paying attention

Sounds like my roommate. Shame he doesn't carry a gopro, because I know he's going to die in an amusing way on his bike.

>People who go agonizingly slow on wide open roads
>Who swerve to keep you from passing
>Who pull over to the shoulder to let you pass, then start tailgaiting you flicking their highbeams on and off
>Who only do this until you go over the speedlimit because they can only be passive agressive and are too chickenshit to speed
o8>|:^)

kek

Nigga is UPS drivers have a job to do. Each minute we spend screwing around is another minute we aren't home. We work long days already

>is
us UPS drivers

I did this once except it ended with
>Guy holds down his horn for 10 seconds straight
>Turns on his high beams
This was during the afternoon so it didn't do much. Looked like some faggy frat kid

I just hit these people, like keep your 40k lexus 4 inches away from my bump. Its got shocks in it.
>Hill start, whoops I rolled back. Crack, bump. Lady assmad cuz >you hit my car!
>Gee lady if you paid enough attention in driving school maybe you would remember to give at least half a car length between another vehicle at a stop.
>Refuses to give id and exchange insurance
>yo cops this bitch is a mad cunt
>No damage to both cars just a lot of butthurt
>Lady actually has no proof of insurance
>cited
Remember to keep your proof of insurance up to date kids.

I follow the one person merge rule. If I let someone in, you're not getting in. You'll just have to get in behind me.

>>driving on freeway
>>right most lane
>>dude behind me passes
>>takes next exit 30 seconds later
>>????????
>Speed limit is 55 and I was going 65 like most others. Makes no sense.
That was probably me. I was going about 90. Slammed on my brakes, too when I hit the exit because I was going so fast.