Most reliable car ever made

What is the most reliable and longest lasting car ever made?

>Requirements

>Must be a CAR....Not a truck or SUV

>Must be easy to work on and the manufacturer must respect the owners right to do their own maintenance

>Must be relatively new....Have airbags and modern comforts

>Must be fuel efficient and cheap to buy/run

I want to see if there's a car out there that will outlive me and the ret of my family if taken care of correctly.

So far......I feel that a base Toyota Yaris or Honda Fit are the best choices because of their simplicity and Nippon design

Your best choices aren't far off. Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris.

The old saying is true:
>performance
>reliability
>affordable
Pick 2

The Yaris and Fit picked their two and really do well in those regards.

It's kind of hard to tell if a car's incredibly long-lasting if it's relatively new, user.

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

Fit and Yaris have been in America since late 2000's. I'd say they've proven themselves.

1995 toyota corolla

Mix
It
Again
Tony
Aaaaaaaaaa

Nah, they're just hard to kill

Yeah and their powertrains have barely changed in that time.....Especially with the Yaris

mid 90s gm sedan
>They all cost under $500
>Will run like shit longer than competition will ever run
>You can actually accelerate at a reasonable rate
>Fuel efficient is average
>No one will ever steal your car

>Car that will outlive you
If you kill yourself, that won't be hard.
Barring that, I feel that you should choose between:
>Car that will outlive you
>Modern comforts, fuel efficient, etc.

If former: I'm inclined to lead you to the brutish American steel with cheap parts that are easy to come by.
If latter, with long but not infinite life: sure, Japanese steel. LS400 comes to mind. Corolla is fine too.

I do feel that the electronics will be the death of modern cars, mark my words.

>If you kill yourself, that won't be hard

Well that took a dark turn, it's like you somehow picked on me being slightly suicidal....Hmm interesting

Tell me: who on Veeky Forums isn't slightly suicidal?

No its

Flick
It
Again
Tetsuya

I'll be honest, I feel like most people here are actually rather level headed....More so than myself. But then there a people like me who blend into normal society relatively well but are fucked in the head.....So they come here to feel kinda normal for a while

Probably some kind of diesel yurocuckbox. The overbuilt diesel engine combined with low-revving torque is probably an ideal situation for engine longevity and health which I am guessing is your biggest concern. Beyond that, you just want to prioritize transmissions

Yea. Das ist me.
It's hard being a part time normie.
What the fuck are we supposed to do user?

2011 crown vic.

I don't think there's an acceptable answer that isn't the Mercedes 240D diesels. These things were built in the 70s and 80s, and when they hit 100k miles they were all shipped off to third world countries across the globe where they were turned into taxi fleets still running to this day by the droves. These are the national cars in Africa. They require next to no maintenance and run to over 1,000,000 miles. They are literally indestructible and will still be running long after we're all dead.

Junk that literally falls apart in your hands

Hes a qt desu. He can be whatever he wants in my bed

Pretty much any generation of Toyota Camry or Avalon

Lexus IS200

Fit or Yaris?

Get a little older RSX-S or Acura TSX

CR-v also is known to pile on miles.

Believe it or not, these little ultra-shitboxes regularly and easily pass 300k miles and cost very little to run.

My roomie actually managed to kill a Camry, and not by an accident.

I have no idea what he has done.

But what if OP wants to go faster than 55mph?

except the 2.2L models that will keep running long after the apocalypse has come and gone.

Volvo 240

This.

They're survivors

How about posting something with airbags... like OP asked.

how about not being a fucking pussy

No only early 90's shitboxes , k!

740's had airbags later on. I think the last 240's had them too

Later engine version, same qualities.
Plus it comes with two airbags.
One of the most popular models for German taxis, five years ago that one taxi i took had 1.3 million km mileage.

i just bought a new yaris ia op

[spoiler]i like it[/spoiler]

mine burns too much oil...

>Bastard child of Toyota and Mazda
I'm actually looking at that. Test drove one today.
>5'7" and my head is touching the ceiling
>Slight incline and the car downshifts, waking the engine powered by 102 hamsters
But it's mostly nice and comfortable, and surprisingly roomy for a subcompact.

Still debating if I should get that.

I own the 2011 Yaris sedan. Nice little car and you can trick people into thinking you have a Corolla.

>sub-manlet wants a toyota yaris

Crown Victoria

For a car that will last a long time and not need many repairs I would say a Lexus ls400 or lx470.

a portuguese taxi made 1.8 million kms on this nigger and Mercedes asked him to put his car on their museum

I personally think we need to re evaluate our opinion on the 240 or other old Volvos as "reliable" cars. In my opinion they are just long lasting, and this is coming from a Volvo owner. The engine and trans are still solid after 340k miles, and the body has no real rust spots. But it's an old, finnicky, European car. Stuff will break on it, namely the starter, fuel pump relay, and a million brittle plastic bits. They will last into oblivion because they're well made and can be maintained easily, but they have to be maintained. Therefore I propose that some old Mercedes take the Volvo's spot as the "reliable" old Euro car and that the 240 merely be considered a "long lasting" car

Jaguar XJ8 X350.

That sounds like normal shit for any old car, but on a Volvo it happens much later.

Aside from that horrible transmission