Why did they give it literally no hp?

why did they give it literally no hp?

Other urls found in this thread:

ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94724
nbcchicago.com/news/local/Study-Confirms-Chicagoans-Have-the-Worst-Commute-418413753.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it has to be slower than subaru's vapemobile.

Because it's a car for rich parents to give to their college kids and they wanted it to be somewhat slow and efficient.

Honestly for a small car like the brz if it just had more torque and taller gears it'd be worlds faster.

so people would void the warranties LS1 swapping them

/thread

I have a hard time believing people are still butthurt over this stupid car.

So you could shitpost about it

Because they gave it a shit engine. Like said, the fucking torque canyon RUINS the acceleration capabilities.

It's weird, it's almost like straight line acceleration wasnt a priority or something???

Daily reminder that Veeky Forums would prefer an LS1 swapped Fiat Multipla over the 86.

Why did anyone reply to this?

5 years and it still triggers the benchracer that cannot comprehend why people like it.
You will never understand what makes cars great, I truly pity you.

You misunderstand, I like the car.

>we want a Supra successor!
How about a RWD Corolla?

>we want it to be fast
It is fast... by 1986 standards.

>seriously push some numbers on that bad boy
Okay, how about 30MPG?

>we want it to be stylish
How about we tease you with this concept car than fuck up the production version on purpose?

>can you make it so we can tune it?
No, here's the smallest engine and engine bay in the world

>at least make it cheap
$29,000, just a grand or two short of other real performance cars. You're welcome!

To keep the price down

EVERYONE would prefer that.

Even though I dislike the car I agree we've had this thread too much.

>>we want it to be stylish
>How about we tease you with this concept car than fuck up the production version on purpose?
>>can you make it so we can tune it?
>No, here's the smallest engine and engine bay in the world
You rarely see cars that look this close to the concept. And the engine bay fits V8s, 2JZs and someone even crammed a quad turbo V12 in it, I think you underestimate just how fuckhueg boxers are, in relation to their displacement.

So a gay little miata with 150hp can spank it from stoplight to stoplight.

>And the engine bay fits V8s and someone even crammed a quad turbo V12 in it
>fits
>fits
>fits

Here's an example of a v8 that "fits":
ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94724

>transmission makes weird noises
>trouble shifting into gear
>engine constantly burns oil
>traction control permanently off
>passenger airbag off

lmao

As for the v12 quad turbo, it sticks up 3 feet over the hood. That shit isn't driveable and even the owner who swapped it himself thought as much and now uses it as a show car.

How can you BRZ tools be so dense?

>1 (one) guy did a terrible job on a budget
>confirmation that the car absolutely cannot be tuned
Oh boy...

>itt nobody that has driven a 86/BRZ, let alone have a car newer than 2004

Acceleration isn't only about straight lines faggot

You can still accelerate in turns didn't you know?

That torque dip seriously hinders any performance it could have. Ironically you can get rid of the torque dip with an ECU tune but for some reason subaru won't do anything to fix it even though it's a really easy fix

Just supercharge it

Both the wrx and brz use the fa20 but the wrx has a turbo

I don't know why subaru didn't use the fa20 w/ turbo like the wrx does. It doesn't make any sense. They already have a car that fits the same engine but they purposely neutered it for what?

I see you've never been to a track. The number one thing that hinders a stock GT86 is the stock tires.

Really because I didn't know torque didn't matter when trying to accelerate on turns or coming out of a turn or anything

I also didn't know there were no straights on a track. Man there must be just no where to accelerate I guess that torque Canyon killing its power must not matter even though you shift into it every time you red line

I literally own a 2013 86.

On the street the torque dip is noticeable but on the track, less so. When a stock GT86 with dedicated summer tires is keeping up with an Alfa 4C, an Alfa Romeo and a bunch of M3/M4s, well, that says something about this car.

>an Alfa Romeo

Meant to put Lotus Elise.

Cost savings.

TWO. HUNDRED. HORSEPOWER.

No it says something about those shitty drivers. If an MR Lotus can't outrun a gt86 then he fucking sucks or the guy chasing him is really good.

Because the FA20s with factory turbos have it mounted underneath the engine, it'd literally scrape on the asphalt in a BRZ in that configuration.

I'm almost always in the 1500 to 3000 RPM range or in the 5000 to 7400 range. Who cares about torque between 3500 and 4500 RPM?

>lmao who needs torque guys XD

Doesn't equal length headers fix the torque dip?

>I need to be able to accelerate uphill in 6th gear at 40 mph without shifting down
Just get a vee-ayte or ecoboost you cunt.

unequal and a tune apparently, ~$1200

Lotus and Alfa were driven by driving instructors. The 86 was driven by an older gentlemen who definitely had experience.

Shit engine and also made for younger drivers.

>shit engine
>100hp per liter, N/A
ok kid

What are the best summer tires for occasional track and mostly daily driving?

>muh hp/l
Literally meaningless. Come back when you grow half a brain

Come back when you have a car, faggot.

Lmao even my bus is faster

>he is actually a bus rider

>>muh hp/l
>Literally meaningless
Literally the only relevant metric for measuring the quality of an engine in terms of performance. I bet you think a 5.7l V8 is a better engine because it has 100 bhp more.

brah

>Literally the only relevant metric for measuring the quality of an engine in terms of performance.
No its not because displacement doesn't measure performance. There's tons of Hondas with dinky little 1.5l engines that put out tons of horse power because they either supplement it with a turbo or they have Honda magic and can crank 125hp out of a 1.4l n/a

Power to weight is a superior metric. Even then these metrics by themselves are worthless when you don't have all of them at once

why didn't they just make a bit more powerful and rwd version of the corolla, you know like the original meme car was which is why it became so popular in the first place.

I want this.

Because they don't wanna put in more effort into making a superior product

All they have to do is tune the ECU a bit to get rid of the torque Canyon but they wont

Stop fucking parroting that v12 Saudi guy BS you heard about yesterday from shitposting

>Supra successor
>gt86
U wot

trash car for cartards

Mazda learned from this mistake. The gearing on the ND mx-5 is very good

You say that like that wouldn't be fucking awesome.

>tfw the new GTI starting at like a grand less has a hundred more torks

i got 90hp in my fiat, who the fuck think that 200 is small amount

>125 out of a 1.4L
>1.4L fa20 would make 140
Your math is bad.
>supplement with a turbo
These cars hold 7lbs of boost reliably. Slap an eBay turbo on it for an extra 70hp and call it good.

A tune typically doesn't erase the issue, you need new headers as well. The two companies would likely have their own tuning solutions and one would be better, forcing higher competition and demand than their contract allows for.

Honestly I have no idea why Toyota didn't just make the thing on their own and drop in a revamped 2jz. Car would have been perfect from factory that way.

What Honda uses a fa20?

Are you illiterate? 125hp per 1.4l is not better than 200 per 2.0l, it's worse.

fa20 is the internal code toyota uses to name the 86.

FA20 is the engine you retard. And a subaru engine at that.

>125hp out of a 1.4l n/a
Thats 89.2hp per liter

gt86/brz has 100hp per liter

>tfw mexican
>tfw the smallest fiat sold here puts out 60 horses

sold mine yesterday after 3 years since its hard to dd it.

superb machine, the handling and overall enjoyment i felt while driving was unmatched by more expensive and faster cars

i'll probably buy another one in the future

>its hard to dd it
Elaborate.

>its hard to dd it.
why?

Americucks can't drive manual /thread

I doubt it has anything to do with the manual - that shit is easy. I live in fucking Chicago and DD a WRX with a stick-in-gravel 6-speed.

nbcchicago.com/news/local/Study-Confirms-Chicagoans-Have-the-Worst-Commute-418413753.html

I'll bet that the real reason why it's hard to DD has to do with road conditions and bulltshit driveways. I've already scraped against 2 driveways and my car is on fucking stock suspension.

>Americucks can't drive manual
He owned it for 3 years...

this. can't encroach on muh sti. also it will be fun to mod and fuck with to get up to snuff. plus we don't want to give autistic ricers too much power and they kill themselves

The 86 ride is fairly high and comfy as fuck.

>We want a supra successor

Yeah we do and its fucking obvious the 86 isn't a successor from the gecko.

is a drift car it does not need much hp. Do you even inital d senpai.?

>gecko
did you mean get go?
I'm not supposed to be laughing but I am, goddamn it

Did I hear gecko?

>implying i'm keeping it stock

If we only had half a brain we would still outsmart you and see that hp/l is a great metric of engine performance

How much did your parents pay for it?

I don't know a single 86 owner who didn't pay for it himself.

Could you maybe just let this garbage thread die?

Does it change the handling much?

DAILY REMINDER
if you don't live in germany or anywhere in close proximity to the autobahn you will never be able to use a more powerful car to its full potential without breaking the law.

good luck using those 300 or 400 horses to go 50km/h or 130km/h on the highway.
good luck stomping on that gas for more than 1 second without immediately going to jail.
good luck at your """"""""local track""""""" you fucking busriding benchracers hahahahah.

in this day and age, the toyobaru has more than enough power and it's 10 times the car for half the price of any pretender.

I wanna bet that I've driven my 86 faster on the Autobahn than half of the shitposters have ever gone in any car.

>implying anyone here actually rides anything other than the bus
>implying Veeky Forums is not just /n/ at this point
shiggy

What is it about this car that rustles Veeky Forums so bad?
Every day there is shitposts about it with nothing but ass pain for it.

That's why I just settled down with an auto Corolla :)

>They don't know about bmep or bsfc

>germany

i would prefer not to be raped by migrants tbqh fampai

This, outside of bench racing, the 86 is the best car you can buy if you enjoy racing

Makes me wonder why they didn't offer the WRX or STI drivetrain as a $10k option

Yeah no buddy even if it that story happened, which it didn't, it says more about the drivers than the cars

kek what the fuck

my shit box sedan from the 90s has more horsepower and torque than this car

okay no what the actual fuck?

Is it actually reliable? I don't mind them in stock trim, but have heard some horror stories about anyone going with some FI.

The toyobaru is the proof that HP/l is irrelevant. The Miata got even less power and nobody complain (you don't hourly threads about the lack of power).