MINI Cooper

So, I'm buying a car for the first time, and I've got a budget of about $9k-10.5k. I've looked at a 2014 Elantra, a 2015 Sentra (11.5k) and... a 2011 MINI Cooper S.

The Mini is obviously the most fun thing to drive. Coming in at 72k miles and $9.9k, it seems like a quality car. No problems to be seen, but it's had quite a few things replaced in the past, as most Minis tend to need.

I love the car... But what should I know before taking the plunge? Or should I just stay far away for dear life?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/oNlh9CLOfRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Drive what you want first of all.

Just be aware you BMW erm um Mini is going to cost more over time.

If you don't mind that and want to have fun, do it.

Shut up and buy a civic for 3k.

Minis are unreliable
Nissans are shit
Hyundais are shit

>Elantra
Watch the values drop
>Sentra
I'd rather get the Elantra
>Mini
God forbid something breaks, because then you're paying BMW repair bills. And it WILL break.

>Aye

Got this for 4k, 80k original miles

Looks like a piece of shit

There is not a single decent car you've looked at.
Nissan hasn't made anything decent since 2002 when Renault took over.
Hyundai has NEVER made anything decent. They just hired a designed to make their cars LOOK decent.
And Mini, under BMW ownership, has NEVER been reliable, but that's what you get when you use engines made by the French.

Look at these instead:
Honda Civic
Toyota Corolla
Chevy Cobalt
Chevy Cruze
Scion xD
Scion tC (2011+ only)

If you're picking between shit, differently colored shit, and shit with a bow on top, of course you're going to make a bad decision.

I've driven the Minis. They're fun. But they're also impossibly unreliable.

>Lincoln and Jaguar at top of the list
Uh
>Shitting on Hyundai but Hyundai is doing better than JD Power average
Um
>Recommends Chevy Cobalt

>overweight small bmw
>mini name
>disgrace

>taking JD power/consumer reports/etc at their word

Do you sometimes forget to breathe? Do people have to remind you to pee and poop? How retarded are you exactly?

OP here,

That's my worry about the Mini, besides likely financing a 6 year old car. The maintenance costs could be high.

The valve cover gasket, water pump, and drive belt have all been replaced on this car so far.

What always gets me is the BMW is much more reliable than Mini, despite it essentially being a BMW.

>The valve cover gasket, water pump, and drive belt have all been replaced on this car so far.
Next thing to go will be the turbo. Mark my words.

>BMW much more reliable than Mini
Right, Er. I'm not sure where you heard that.
BMWs have one of the highest maintenance costs among carmakers.

>What always gets me is the BMW is much more reliable than Mini,
not really...

I guess it depends on the lists I see.

That list makes the Mini look good, for instance.

I've seen that can be a problem. Is it a fairly frequent one? I assume I'd hopefully not have to worry about what's already been replaced

If I remember right, while NA Minis have okay reliability, the turbo'd S shits all over it.

I'm assuming the turbo has a big part of it.

I've seen where the Turbo usually breaks down because people don't change as much as they should. Apparently you should replace the oil more often than the company suggests?

Fuck minis.

youtu.be/oNlh9CLOfRg

Or cylinder 4 piston.

Maxis are universally unreliable and shit.

Bump

Mini cooper is garbage, gayer than a Miata and unreliable as shit.

>2011