Is psychoanalysis bullshit?

Is psychoanalysis bullshit?

If so, why do so many people take it so seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rzXPyCY7jbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It is hard to take serious things seriously as you need a real effort or at least talent to do that, the same reason, why people aren't causally discuss abstract math, but always ready for religion debate.

It's a pseudoscience.

Who the fuck takes psychoanalysis seriously in 2016?

It's not completely written off in parts of Europe and South America. In the Anglo world however we seem to have dismissed Freud entirely.

It clearly isn't bullshit since this ugly son of a bitch is fucking 10/10s while you're basically an idiot.

It's garbage.

>this is the state of western philosophy in the 21th century
the mudslime invasion can't come soon enough

youtube.com/watch?v=rzXPyCY7jbs

Psychanalysis is a specific field of psychology which never claimed to be scientific but therapeutical.

what a disgusting person

It was the only thing that worked to treat shellshock during WW1. That's why it took off despite people being just as resistant to it back then as they are now. It stayed because it continued to be effective and in many cases the only effective means of treatment.
The reason it stayed pretty much the dominant paradigm of humanities is because it's the only heuristic framework that works.

The Jews did this

It's a tool by jews and communist to spread propaganda, of course it's popular. It's the same as post modern philosophy

Left-wingers on every continent

u sound like an utter pillock m8

Its not bullshit, its what psychic "cold readers" do on daily basis. This is taken to the scientific level instead of "talking to ghost" bullshit.

Basically reading your tells from the way you dress, talk, facial expressions rests, body language, etc.

I saw a psychologist who specialized in psychoanalysis for about half a year semi-frequently, not therapy per-sé just meeting and talking.

I don't feel like it really helped me at all.

lmao you guys are lame

I thought they believed in evolution, that instead of an Eden or a State of Nature they'de speak of animal behavior and the way they undergo sexual reproduction.

I guess marxists can't stop themselves from adding further pseudoscientific wankery, like psychoanalysis and now this... thing.

Perhaps given enough time they may transform in evangelical Bible-thumping Southern Baptists, currently, marxism and Catholicism is already moving in that direction, see MacIntyre and his book on the topic.

what book? virtue and politics?

i wouldn't really simply lump psychoanalysis into 'marxism'

i can see the comparisons of marxism/catholicism moving to southern baptists though, and i havent read macintyre for a while

>Is psychoanalysis bullshit?

My Scientological Lord Xenu says it is.

All hail Hubbard. All hail Cruise. All hail Travolta.

Dude your dads penis lmao

>i wouldn't really simply lump psychoanalysis into 'marxism'
I'm not lumping anything, it's called freudo-marxism