Thinking about getting a 2017 Forester XT because:

Thinking about getting a 2017 Forester XT because:

>Turbo Boxer
>Brake based torque vectoring
>AWD standard
>large greenhouse

I know it's not class leading and I haven't done much research into this segment, is there a better alternatives that provide the same fun in a daily C/SUV driver?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kIoetbjUeuA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>cvt
DROPPED

>crossover

Best car in the world. Live in WA? I'll sell you one.

The Forester XT actually doesn't have much competition. The closest thing would be the Volkswagen Tiguan.
The Forester really is top of its class. The only real knock against it is that CVT transmission. The Forester XT has been the go-to fun SSUV for over a decade. Pic related.

If you don't mind spending a bit more for a Luxury badge though, definitely check out the Infiniti QX30 or it's sister car, the Mercedes-Benz GLA-class.
youtube.com/watch?v=kIoetbjUeuA

Thanks for that, I'm iffy about the CVT as well but I suppose I can test drive it to see if it's really that annoying.

>subaru

Almost as shitty as mazda but not as bad as GM.

Stay away.

V6 rav4 (2012 was the last year) is the only acceptable crossover.

There is manual option fool

only without the turbo engine.

Do you really need the turbo?

yes

Get a used one from when they had the 2.5L in stead of the 2.0L. They are the only SUV I've ever liked.

>found a beat up 04 XT in vegas a few years back
>MT
>216K miles
>beat the fugg up
>$12.5K
>mfw

Keep trying bud.
Someday someone as stupid as you might believe you

I almost pulled the trigger on an 05 manual XT with 200+k miles for 10k in December. It was in amazing condition, but I just couldn't afford it without selling the miat and couldn't bring myself to do that.

The 04-07 XT with a USDM 2.5L built STi drivetrain (including diffs) is my ideal car.

It's a piece of shit without it.

Their CVTs aren't bad but the cooling is insufficient from the factory. If you get one of these you NEED to install an aftermarket cooler (mishimoto) if you want it to last more than 4 years. And don't listen to their lifetime CVT fluid bullshit. Replace it right after the car is broken in, then every 30k mile interval thereafter. Recommended to do a double flush because they hold half of the capacity unless you completely disassemble the transmission.

Fuck off you autistic toyota memester faggot. No one cares about your boring ass vehicles that only have good reliability because the technology inside them is outdated a decade to two decades.

Oh and if you get the CVT, watch for sales on CVTF. The shit is like $10 a quart and you need 5-8 quarts per drain and fill (seems different with every vehicle). If you get it on sale you can get it for under $5 a quart sometimes.

1st gen Forester st/b
And second the x20t

Are significantly better

I dont think so.
I drove a 2010 forester for a month and it carried its self very well.
And i dont even like subaru.

>CVT SUV
Y tho?

Older foresters where GOAT but the new ones a shit

You're talking to bench racers.
If it is sufficient to your needs then totally go for it.

>I drove a 2010 forester for a month and it carried its self very well
Not sure what you mean by "carry itself very well", but they're the slowest thirstiest piece of crap in their segment playing off to the constant AWD meme, meaning what ever little power it does have is constantly under parasitic loss. Honestly for this purpose a FWD bis AWD that underage Veeky Forums bitches about would be more suited.
At least the XT had enough performance to make it a legitimately entertaining midsize crossover.

the 2.0 is a completely different engine to the 2.5 EJ, enjoy your oil consumption issues bud

good tip, thanks