Tfw want to buy a rwd manual for under 5k

>tfw want to buy a rwd manual for under 5k
>only options are 99 mustangs and money pit BMW's
Fuck this gay earth

Other urls found in this thread:

yourmechanic.com/article/the-most-and-least-expensive-cars-to-maintain-by-maddy-martin
twitter.com/AnonBabble

get an e36 that was well cared for, plenty under 5k

What the fuck is wrong with an SN95?

NA MR2 SW20

only option

best option

It's pay to play poorfag

Psst

>not being redpilled on brandsyourmechanic.com/article/the-most-and-least-expensive-cars-to-maintain-by-maddy-martin

OP can't drive a miata because he's too insecure in his masculinity.

Uh no it's because it's a convertible with literally no backspace. I need backspace user

Buy a 2.3 ranger and put a mustang svo turbo on it

The miata has enough seats for you and all your friend.

What about an rx7?

I picked up a pretty nice 3000GT for $3K flat last November. Interior is mint and it has a year old paint job. Only problems are it has a aftermarket front bumper and these horrible fake turbo decals (it's NA) that I need to get rid of.

I have no idea why he put the stickers on. He was a weird older dude who was OCD as fuck. His garage was like something out of Monk.

Shut up you fucking idiot. An E36 isn't very complicated, and it's plenty reliable.
Any problems you have won't be """BMW problems""", they'll just be shitbox problems.

I'm so fucking sick of the 479294968371 BMW hate threads I see every day and the fact that I can't even post about my car without 100 MUH UNRELIABLE MUH SLOWER THAN A COROLLA replies.

OP you're a fucking faggot too. You started this thread with the intention of creating a mustang and BMW shitfest. Sage

Not sure if you're memeing or actually butthurt

An SN95 is a car that you can literally just change the oil and pads on it and it will stay running. It's the god damn 4.6 engine. Why doesn't OP want it?

Or maybe he's actually a constructive poster and not a baiting autistic like yourself.

I'm not the guy he was replying to

Your reply to him was a shitpost in itself, was it not?

What about a nissan zx? Pic related bwoooo.

Okay first of all, even if it is reliable, parts alone will run you hundreds of dollars. Then you throw in the fact most places will charge you a ridiculous labor price. Sure there are things you can do yourself, but eventually you'll run into shit you need mechiancs to do. Is it really worth paying 800+ for a 15 year or older car? No it is not. Stop being so butthurt and face the reality that old bmws are not worth it of you're American

Also pic related because she would agree

Fcpeuro is cheap for parts and you hshould do your own work. Not him but the 3 series is actually cheap to maintain.

Maybe, he definitely has no reason to be so butthurt though.

True but there's always that chance a qt3.14 and her friends need a ride out of the bar. Why ruin the moment because I only have two seats?

>remove soft top, spec miata bracket on a hard top
congratulations you now have a coupe with a parcel shelf big enough to accommodate a large dog or small child.

> Okay first of all, even if it is reliable, parts alone will run you hundreds of dollars.
Fcpeuro, rockauto

>Then you throw in the fact most places will charge you a ridiculous labor price.
Not even true if you go to an independent shop, but what kind of faggot are you? The only time my car has been in the shop was when I got the head gasket changed (my fault, didn't bleed coolant properly)

>Sure there are things you can do yourself, but eventually you'll run into shit you need mechiancs to do. Is it really worth paying 800+ for a 15 year or older car?
Headgasket was $500
>No it is not. Stop being so butthurt and face the reality that old bmws are not worth it of you're American
You're just making bullshit up

Maybe I wouldn't be so butthurt if /bmw/ wouldn't be shitposted to death and I could actually talk about my car without you faggots shitting all over it.

What do you drive?

>fwd
>pigfat
>only problem is the front bumper
spread your lies somewhere else

That's fwd you mong

Any car, unless it's a civic or corolla, that's older than 10 years will need frequent maintenance. This is just reality. Why anyone would get angry about that is beyond me.

Go to any shop, ask them which brand they see the most. 90% of them will say BMW. They are literally known for being money pits. And that's fine because BMW isn't in the market for being reliable. They know there are plenty of middle class morons and niggers that will happily buy their cars because muh badge

Maintenace is based on usage though. You can have bmws that rarely need fixes due to proper ownership.

>headgasket
>$500
>being this cucked
A head gasket should cost $50 installed at the most

aw what a nice guy. chauffeuring a bunch of drunk retards must get you laid a lot

Most old bimmers aren't even bad if you can do your old maintenance and know what to look for when buying one. They get a bad reputation from dipshit normies who buy them for attention and then take them to their mechanic every other week and get charged out the ass because they don't know any better

You're an absolute fucking retard. Why am I even responding to you?

Have you ever been to a bar? Any decent attractive female is almost never alone

But I didn't say anything in this thread about BMWs

Crown vic for like $3000 and swap in a mustang trans

>$1200 to $1600
If you live in cuckafornia maybe

>he has no reason to be butthurt
>said why I'm butthurt

>>BUT I NEVER SAID THAT
Dumb shit

Yep, never talked shit on BMWs

Literally nowhere will charge $50 for a head gasket. Do you know what a head gasket is?

On a 2000 Toyota Corolla, a gasket set is $100 alone.

Is English not your first language?

>Maybe I wouldn't be so butthurt if /bmw/ wouldn't be shitposted to death and I could actually talk about my car without you faggots shitting all over it.
>you faggots shitting all over it.
>I never shit on BMWs
Is English your first language?

Is that what your mom told you kid? Because you sound very young.

The drivetrain components will hold up with preventative maintenance but every other piece of plastic/rubber/overly complex electronics will give out leaving you with more spent fixing it than it's worth or a broken car. It's a good strategy to keep people buying new ones, not like the original owners will drive it over 40k before it gets "old and yucky".

So $50 to $120 compared to $500

How are bmws not money pits again?

By you saying "he has no reason to be butthurt" you are effectively shitting on my car because you are implying that the shitposters are correct and I'm being unreasonable.

>7-9 hours of work
>For $20
What the fuck are you smoking

7-9 hours
You really got cucked my man

Nice buzzword! Did you learn that one on reddit?
If you're looking just at the cost of parts, the full gasket set for my car is $58 compared to the $100 of a Corolla.

Ah okay. In case you're not baiting, what I meant by you having no reason to be butthurt, is that it doesn't matter if some autists are shitting on your car on an image board.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA holy fuck goood one user!

Nice meme!

But that's the typical mindset of the BMW owner, what everyone else thinks is far more important than what they think of themselves. It is what the Germans thrive on and what keeps their company alive

It's not that I want to be accepted, it's that I want to be able to talk about my car without being inundated with shitposts.

Veeky Forums is garbage

Then leave

Buy a third gen camaro 5 speed for 1500 and spend $3500 building a high compression 383. Then put in some 4.11s and laugh your ass off at everything other than supercars.

I've thought about creating a mechanical-Chan as a refuge for Veeky Forums and /m/. Don't want to mod us? Fine, we'll leave.

I'm not OP but I'd rather have a fwd shitbox than an SN95. Handles like a boat and that clutch is fucking awful. Also can barely fit in it at 6'2" and have to put my knee to my face to hit the clutch.

God damn top three Toyota. And scion doesn't even exist anymore. Amazing how Lexus is far away the most reliable luxury brand.

>Paying someone to do monkey work that you can crank out in a day

I fit in my fox fine at 6'3, I can't imagine the SN95 seating position is different. Maybe the pedal is different. It takes some getting used to but the clutch isn't too bad honestly. Get some subframe connectors welded in and a Panhard bar and the handling improves a lot too.

got a 300zx that got in a fender bender for $1200, put another grand or so in fixing it up and while its not nearly the prettiest car on the road its completely reliable with a 5 speed and correct wheel drive. point is keep looking and dont be afraid to get a non german fixerupper

i think this faggot is mistaking a head gasket for a valve cover gasket
>or he is just has no concept of how shops work

even if you're in balt like me there's plenty of options that are not either.
Look at jap crap and neighbouring countries.
For 5k you can get any mr2, s chassis, miatas, supras, fuck even skylines.

>Any problems you have won't be """BMW problems""", they'll just be shitbox problems.
my shitbox is japanese.
It doesn't have any problems. Other than rust.
Despite it only having like 6 oil changes done in its 20 year life span.

at this point i think people who whine about bmws just are not comfortable wrenching on their cars and don't consider it

the e36 is great, but to be fair, replace the cooling system when you get it (radiator, hoses, water pump, thermostat), it's like $300 in parts at most, and will take you most of a saturday but that's the only real Achilles heel of the platform

You are delusional if you really think you can drive around in a 10+ year old car without having shit break on it.

>rwd manual
>5k max

Motorcycle
Miata
Mr2

Get a first gen Lexus IS

>Not stacking mad chicks in the passenger seat

I got 3 people in the passenger seat once, but one almost fell out.

Never again.

>being this angry you own a BMW

>he fell for the BMW honeypot

Hard to find a decent one for 5k, depending on where you live, but it's definitely doable.

Good luck finding one of those for under 5k. Unmolested ones for about 7-8k easily.

I replaced the headgasket on my 2009 Pontiac G6 and it was $1100 after everything said and done. That was after shopping around and trying to find the lowest costing one. Highest I was quoted was $1500.

I live in New England.

Have to agree with this. Biggest issue on an E36 is rust and cooling systems. If you don't let them cook you will be fine.

Parts are dirt cheap here in the UK, no more than the likes of Ford or Vauxhall equivalents. Are they really that much in the states?

In the us, an oil change for a BMW will easily cost you $200

I feel like the AW11s are better unless tarbo

what the fuck do you expect for under 5k seriously?!?!?!?

buy a 1k civic and a turbo kit, buy a stock miata, buy a foxbody mustang with a cobra swap, by a sport bike

those are your options