/bdog/ Black Desert Online General

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an Korean MMORPG by Pearl Abyss. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels, life skills, and more.

>Latest Patch Notes
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/forum/6-patch-notes/

>Mod Info
undertow.club/threads/black-desert-online-resorepless-nude-mod.9098/

>Is it P2W?
if you are a whale this image sums it up, i.imgur.com/sHD9eYI.png (embed)
there are some REALLY nice convienences that are cash shop only, or heavily incentivized to buy from the shop
check the loyalty shop first for something you want
value packs and costumes can be posted on the marketplace by whales, they usually pop up within 1-2min of the notification

>Guides, guilds, Olvia Channel FAQ, and other info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru
docs.google.com/document/d/1JnFambQifvui7-V68QMsfuXuhAuu4C0NsVJCxJIv84E

>EnHANCEMENT it's fucking >ENHANCEMENT< Guide
blackdesertfoundry.com/2015/05/19/enchanting-and-sockets-guide/

>NewFAQs
Newfags might be overwhelmed by the information overload at the beginning. Do yourself a favor and "turn off system notifications" in the Settings>Game options. Check everything in that window.
Avoid lag by turning off High End mode in the Settings>Screen tab. Be sure to check "Remove other's effects" and uncheck "Display other's names" for an enjoyable world boss experience.
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," ask for a guest pass in the thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OBYFFj1KFq4
youtube.com/watch?v=f0qojIul9Lk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/bdog/ guilds are dead, NA Daijoubu when?

Hi everyone, I'm user

I'm selling my account 30 bucks. If you're interested in saving a few dozen hours. In any case it has about 1 billion in value right now which I guess is worth more than 30 bucks?

No you're not. Stop pretending to be me please.

lol

What are the events for today?

what's more tanky? warrior with his block, or zerker with his extra hp and many heals?

just hit 50 and ignored most of my black spirit quests, do I need to go back and catch up on them at all?

>not exploring the game the first go around

You missed out a load of inventory space so you probably should.

anyone use the fishing bot? does it work?

More bosses that don't drop anything.

Which bosses

mindless mob killing quests are exploring the game?
I did the spirit quests up to like level 41 before I gave up on it, got to 50 by grinding in like an hour and have been "exploring" the actual game since

just wondering if I missed anything important in the 41-50 stretch, like quests that lead me to the newest areas and all taht

cyclops got another seraps, go for tet

exploring the deep intricacies of every fetch quest that explores you more CP and energy

>really like the combat
>node wars are pretty fun too
>thinking of quitting because I am 134/220
Man why is the grind so fucking autistic

>implying PettanCo is dead

You cannot rush these things, you'll have enough ap in time. You should focus on enjoying yourself over ap.

NA or EU? I want to cum on your face you slut.

try more passive things

what's the best, most minimal effort boss alt there can be?

How painful is playing Maehwa or valk as a first character?

>PettanCo
>/bdog/

Maehwa? Not at all.
Valkyrie? Might feel slow sometimes.

DELETE THIS

Maehwa is a very fun character to play.
She's just not a very good character to play.

Sorceress... is casting speed for Kzarka?
Is that really wanted for an amulet? Are there highly desired crystals for helm that you'd want instead of casting speed helm crystals?

For pvp, evasion

How does one use curtains across the wall? I saw someone do it in his/her home, so I'm trying to do the same for Comfy reasons.

>grind alone at pirates
>no one enters the rotation for atleast 4 hours, o even at night
>94%
>suddenly 2 full parties appear
>they fight in the rotation
I guess I'll grind fogans now I guess

I want to make sweet love to you on that bed.

Can you guys help me out? I feel like I've got into the wrong game. I'm level 55 and up until now been grinding around trying different mobs to see if it made any difference. Tried some quests but they were kinda bad and the writing not even properly translated. I stuck around because people here kept telling me the game was all about the PvP sandbox.

I just tried some random PvP but it just felt like spamming the same skill until the other drops dead with little room for player skills.

Am I missing something? Should I keep going on?

wat class

Warrior. Got a wizard to level 50 but found it even more dull so I kept going with the warrior.

When 2 full parties start fighting I just sit there and watch. You should probably do the same.

This game is only for people who enjoy their facebook cookie clicker life skills shit.

>the game was all about the PvP sandbox
they lied

there's barely any open world pvp in this game, pvp is garbage anyways as it's 90% gear based

I did, it was fun, but being so close to 58 hurts so I'll farm someplace else.

I've gotten an answer like that in the channel chat just now. But why would you say something like that and keep playing?

Exterminate my asshole with these eleven softballs and greet my milky pink pussy with your huge futanari cock!!

I enjoy virtual monetary progression and physical progerssion instead of real life progression.

Why do you keep playing?

Is this an honest answer?

That's not what I had in mind...But ok.

because I like life skills and waifus and erp

What's the actual reason?

get to 56
is more skill based than even smash or motal kombat or w/e the kids play these days

I really like the world. and life skills and waifus and erp

exactly what I said, faggot

I don't know what those games are so I can't compare. I played a bit of Blade and Soul and loved the combat there but the linear progression was too much for me so I dropped it.

What gets me is that everyone in this thread is saying that the game is trash when a few months ago people here were so adamant that it was the next Eve online in medieval Italy.

I'm too apathetic to be angry about it but I want to know if I'm missing something that I couldn't experience until now.

>What gets me is that everyone in this thread is saying that the game is trash when a few months ago people here were so adamant that it was the next Eve online in medieval Italy.

what the fuck are you talking about

majority of anons here have always said that this game was mostly for waifufagging and exploring and rp

>few months ago people here were so adamant that it was the next Eve online in medieval Italy
maybe the uninformed were, but those of us who played beta knew exactly what it was

still waiting for medievalesque eve

56 does change the warrior significantly

>a few months ago people here were so adamant that it was the next Eve online in medieval Italy.
Sure it could have been this if devs weren't so retarded and removed as much player interaction as possible.

Join a guild, do some node wars/rbf, try making a boat and life skilling. You just have to find some friends in game or try different classes.

You're investing hundreds of hours into it because of waifus and erp?

I know I must come across as dense I'm not that acquainted with this place to detect humor or irony or really understand what the first thing implies.

youtube.com/watch?v=OBYFFj1KFq4

>Game barely works on low op with everything turned off
>Lets add more ridiculously CPU heavy graphics options

Are there any ERP guilds on EU?

Where you at qt?

looks like a GPU heavy graphics option

LONDON

ayy lmao

I tried the boat thing. I explored all the Islands and was surprised by the relative effort invested in creating those environments just to have them being completely empty. I would just roll on a big Island and see bushes, trees, shrubs and nothing else. Got a lot of energy out of it I guess.

Life skills I tried to but I don't really see the point of it. It's not like filling a checklist is fun and if the PvP isn't worth it why even try to earn money?

I don't see what trying new classes would achieve either, the PvE gets repetitive after the first fights.

I know I sound negative but I did everything I could to enjoy what I found so far. Objectively I don't see where the fun can be.

You mentioned guilds that's the only thing I didn't really try. What gameplay does a middle ground guild offer?

just play or dont faggot, stop posting

>I explored all the Islands and was surprised by the relative effort invested in creating those environments just to have them being completely empty.
Top pleb honestly. Not everything needs to have a purpose.

I don't know why you're so angry and honestly I don't care but you're free to not reply to my post you know.

I guess it's fun to introduce all those big islands between pirates and the coast that serve no purpose?

Whaling was interesting the first time tho.

>Why are there all these NPC's in the cities that don't do anything?

They serve the purpose of tanking your framerate.

This is probably the first game I've seen that handcrafted huge areas and didn't fill them with anything. There was daggerfall but it was procedurally generated.

does that sound crazy?

Never played Shadow of the Colossus?

most MMOs try to appeal to wider audiences by making system requirements low

my my look who it is little manlet ___-san

no

Sure but I don't think those islands really help with the framerate. Especially the way the engine is coded it seems that the system is calculating for the entire world.

depite the glaring issues with the game, i'm glad they didn't offer an option to disable grass like most games
everyone does it in planetside 2 because they're just distractions from aiming and performance
if only hiding was useful...

What do guild boss missions net you?

so the conclusion I've gotten is that even here no one tries to defend the game, I've been called faggot online and people play this for waifus and erp.

I should probably be frustrated but I'm just here apathetically starring at my char wondering what to do with it.

if you don't enjoy the game you don't enjoy the game
no one here has incentive to defend the game

I love this game, but why do I need to defend it? Maybe it just isn't for you. I've played it with many friends since I started and each day I look forward to playing some more.

But, you're just as small.
I just enjoy the feeling of getting comfy. I think everyone likes doing things, and once you find that "thing" you start to enjoy the game.

Then this is only this general because every other places people will defend their favorite game to the death.

I hate to complain but I've asked if there was anything beyond what I've experienced so far and why people enjoy the game and I can't say I got any constructive answer.

please get a trip

ayy lmao

>I just tried some random PvP but it just felt like spamming the same skill until the other drops dead with little room for player skills.
this is the only thing I can say you've done wrong in, but it does't help that this game is a severe gear grind where you won't experience a good amount of variety after 56+

nigger just get your awakened weapon already

What does your playstyle entail?

Why would you play a game to get comfortable? Try a beer and some good music after work?

I just enjoy making money whether it be by AFKing or actively grinding. everyone has different reasons to play or not to ply the game.

>Why would you play a game to get comfortable?
>being this obtuse

>Why would you play a game to get comfortable? Try a beer and some good music after work
Pure autism

>this is the only thing I can say you've done wrong in
Can you show me any vids of good pvp? At this point I can only believe what my eyes see.

youtube.com/watch?v=f0qojIul9Lk
this has perfect combo execution and strategy involved

A beer and some music after work is autism?

I'm trying to rile you up a bit because it doesn't seem like anyone is really answering seriously. And you might think I'm dense and obtuse but I've invested dozens of hours already try to understand that to stop playing requires a little bit of reflection.

how bout some beer and music and BDO

I'm sorry if this comes off wrong, but, It just seems as if you are in a negative mood that any outcome would come of as pointless. I just wanted to say everyone has their reasons for playing and it won't always be the same reasons as others. So try to get out there and look for that "something". I hope you can find it.

Can you play BDO while playing a real game too?

>Why would anyone ever play videogames to get comfy
>My method is the only correct method
Yes. Pure fucking autism.

yes it's the perfect game

BDO + Factorio is the best combo

I generally grind for a few hours, then I go to town and work on my gear. I always play with a friend so her and I idle quite a bit together just taking silly pictures and spending most of our silver with cash shop outfits. After that we go on fishing trips, go sight seeing, or more grinding. We have a very small guild of friends from another game so we do guild missions here and there when they are on.

Currently my dk is level 56, 196/249 so when I am on my own I might pick a few fights and see where that gets me. Or I ride the world boss train. If I dont feel like killing stuff I cut down trees, fishing for relics, and now lots and lots of processing. One of my favorite things to do is just ride around on my horse too. Soon ill have to explore what valencia has to offer and possibly set up a house.

Sorry for the long write up.

Well that guy really needs to clean his screen. Jokes aside if there's strategy involved it's hard to see. They kinda just play cat and mouse and dump their favorite spell every time they close in. There might be some subtle exchanges but he would have to zoom in and slow mo in the few seconds they face one another.

Well I came in this thread asking for suggestions. I'm negative because at this point, I'm faced with the perspective that I trusted people who essentially lied to me or were moronic all along.