Shit people say when they don't know anything about cars:

>yeah, I'm just gunna chuck a [ridiculous engine swap] in it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3-lJrcyIsXA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>yeah, I post on Veeky Forums

Literally who says that.

>after a few weeks at my new job I'm buying it a turbo, shit's gonna be lit

Where do "Original" and "Ridiculous" cross 17008867 ?
also this

i know a lot about cars, but i still want to take an E30 BMW coupe and install the F20 from an S2000 into it

what was the diggid for?

>yeah nissans are reliable

>I want a gtr it's the best car in the world
>Bro stick shift is so hard
>I just got a job at zaxbys, now I can buy my dream car the 370Z
>I did some awesome drifts in my Acura TL
>The most important part of the car is the sound system
All from the same guy

Please at least get a 318i or 325es
Too many M20 E30s are being chopped up and I just want one. I wish for a turbo 325i some day

you can be an enthusiast and still drive an automatic

>t. Itsuki

>anything american being acceptable

both accurate

>Automatics are faster because you don't have to shift.
>You should race your tC against my mustang GT. I bet you won't beat it.
>[anything that involves the term "pinks"]

Letting the honda driver know he's a colossal faggot.

>tfw i have a manual swapped e30 w/m20
>tfw 4.10 open diff
>tfw wanted to go turbo but now considering ITB

would kill for an 3.73 lsd under $300

What makes you want to pick throttle bodies over turbo? Just curious.

Got the same dilemma with my Miata. I don't want to make it fast in a straight line, I just want to enjoy it.
>Turbo
Dat whistle and wastegate to atmo
>Super
Sound will age like a fine whine
>ITB
Literal mouthfuls of air every time I WOT.

Cons for all = Price
Especially ITB.

Hemi
It's always a hemi

just some stuff i read from KAmotors guy on the forums. i can't find the post now but basically he said you can get a reliable turbo but end up breaking other parts like axles, driveshafts (?). Less maintence on the extra things involved on turbo
The ITB takes some work and money but more or less just retains the stock M20 reliability, but you can still get some power depending on setup and tunes.

Also I love the ITB sound especially on inline 6 engines. If i ever get an E36 325/328 I would probably turbo the M52 after a rebuild though.

found link nvm youtube.com/watch?v=3-lJrcyIsXA

>engine swaps are hard

I have one for sale for $300. Where are you?
ITBs on an E30 are awesome and can easily give over 200whp NA. By easily I just mean little ECU tuning needed.
On a Miata I'd say turbo just because ITBs won't give as much benefit on such a small engine, but that's just my uninformed opinion.

>I'm going to K swap my EZAENAHFYEX HATCH and gap all the V8s

>open hood
>unscrew the 4 phillips screws that hold the engine
>pop off all the hoses and cables and shit that are attached
>deadlift engine out
>chug other engine in
>plug all the shit back in
>if stuff won't fit, use some duct tape
>screw it down
>done
And people act like this is hard?

>I have one for sale for $300. Where are you?
Houston tx, too bad i am broke so unless we can work out a succ deal

>not getting ITB's for dat sound and instant torque

>"gonna drop an LS1 in it and then maybe a supercharger"

sup

If I wanted to go fast I'd just take out my 250cc screamer or 1000cc twin with yoshi's.
I enjoy the Miata for cornering nicely and the fact it has a roof, I'll be getting coilovers, cage and 15x8's before the engine gets touched. I just can't help but get anxiety over which of the 3 to pick.

Sounds like a kid I went to high school with, Taylor Hill

I know a Taylor Hill. She's a girl though and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't say that stuff

>Have miata
>Say I'm gonna sbf swap it
>actually do
>it's the most common engine swap
>someone on Veeky Forums implies it's ridiculous

cage first. stay alive hermano

>Cage

Cages are fucking gay. Fuck this safety shit. At most reinforce the body with one, but beyond that. For pure safety, fuck cages.
Fucking piece of shit track wont even let me run because I'm so fast in a caged convertible.
Not even worth it.

Don't cage it and always race on the street like I do, no one wants to live forever any way.

>I'm gonna get the head ported and polished and stage 2 turbo.

You should do ITB, if only because the M20 has some of the cheapest ITB kits available out of any engine. You'll never own anything thats cheaper to put ITB's on.

>n/a tuning an engine you intend to turbo
Fuck you're right that made me mad

>corvette is a good car

>Yeah I'm totally saving up for a turbo brah, look at this vid of [properly modded version of] the same kind of car as mine but with a turbo beat a Ferrari [doesn't mantion its a 360].

This was high school and 1st-year engineering school in a nutshell.

Jus chuck er in the ute eh

>Miatas are not chick cars!
>Men drive Jeeps
>Mazdas aren't shit!
>I love GM

Anybody who cares about the sound system in a car aside from whether or not is plays music is basically retarded

Keep tryin bud

T. Assblasted poorfaggot mad he can't afford a unique vehicle

>The stock bottom end of *insert 135hp Japanese shitbox here* is good for 900hp because I saw one video of a fast one on youtube once and it didn't blow up.

Kek the autist got triggered yet again! Cant belive he fell for that one

I daily drive this. I have built or rebuilt literally everything but the engine, and it's the 3rd engine it's had.

It really really bugs me when people assume they have any idea about the work that's gone into it when their only experience is with bolt-on parts at best. I've had to make most of the parts for this myself. Seriously, i don't consider pulling the engine and gearbox a big job anymore.

The other thing that bugs me is the stupid plaque thing some classic owners do, do you get that in the states? Where they make a little board showing how they bought a pristine, barely used car and 'restored' it, to show everyone how great they are. Fucking showqueens.

I actually went through with a ridiculous engine swap. now I just wish I'd have turbocharged the original engine instead.

I'm gonna put a Delorean engine in my civic

but... why?

>370Z
>not a Porsche 911
why?

>rotary and piston engines operate the same

that's what a dealer mechanic told me

>back in the day when the whole squad had b18 swapped civics

You sure he's wasn't talking in incredibly general terms? People act like the rotary is some incredibly different thing when it's really just a different way to make gas go bang

Sounds like you haven't ever been in a car with amplified speakers. I was of the same opinion until I bought a car that had a amp from the factory. It's not gonna rattle windows from a half mile but it really does make it nice to listen to music in the car. I wouldn't say it's the most important part, but it's a nice luxury.

-no he sounded really fascinated like he's never seen a rotary before
-judging by all the cx-5's and mazda 3's coming into the shop
-he was fairly young to

should've gone into greater detail forgive me user

>intake, compress, ignite, exhaust

wow its so much different

shit looks lit brah, 10/10 would hoon