I forgot I made this thread, and it archived. Just want to continue the discussion

I forgot I made this thread, and it archived. Just want to continue the discussion.

How should I clean intake valves on a direct injection turbo engine?

Spray water in the intake?
SeaFoam? Is there a special type for this?
Other type of cleaner?

I have. 5ft boroscope

Getting a catch can is on my to do list. I can't do egr delete, brand new 2016 car, under warranty, and emissions.

Old thread

>modifying a brand new 2016 car
Yeah I don't see the point.

A catch can is a must. Meth injection is a plus. All bolt on.

what if i wanna install a catchcan but i dont wanna drill holes in my firewall?

Ahem, why not just disconnect the PCV, let it ventilate on the street and plug the intake hole?
Would it show fault codes?

get it wallnut blasted.

Ask your mum;

she knows everything about blasting nuts.

You can use plenty of existing bolt holes. Just make a custom bracket for one.

Probably. Thing threw a code for a """clogged""" fuel tank vent valve.

I asked the mechanic what method they use to clean. Couldn't get a straight answer. One dude told me they remove the intake, but don't use walnuts.

Once the engine is warmed up put some water in a vacuum line that goes to the intake every few months. Seafoam may work as well, try water first though because it's cheap.

You can pull the evap canister vacuum line for this if you don't know which to pull.

If it's already approaching 50k and your engine has problems you want walnut shell blasting on the intake valves. This is not a new idea, shooting sports use it to clean spent casings.

Catch cans should be bolt on, don't drill holes to install one.

Don't vent the PCV to atmosphere unless you enjoy an oil slick for an engine bay. Really awful idea and anyone that has to work on your car will hate you.

>Diesel
>Vacuum line

Diesels still have vacuum lines and vacuum pumps. Just figure out what vacuum line will go to the intake.

this stuff?

or this stuff?

is it safe to do so on a 26k mileage vehicle? should I take look with a boroscope first?

PEA definitely works. But for direct injection you need to use a vacuum line to get it into the intake instead of just spraying it into the cylinder.

If it's really baked on there, then there isn't a chemical cleaner in the world that will get it off - you need to physically brush it off or have pay someone to walnut blast it.

I cant just spray into the intake past the filter?

If it touches the MAF you're going to cause problems. You also won't really make a difference if you're spraying where the intake filter is as a lot of the product will just splash on the intake walls instead of going somewhere useful.

Water can help a little, when it flashes into steam it can loosen up carbon.

why wouldnt a diesel have a vacuum line.

gotcha, thanks. I mean obviously after all the sensors

I've been through all this on my DI car. Here are the facts even though you're not going to listen to me since I'm just some asshole on Veeky Forums:

Catch can does nothing. You want to prevent carbon buildup you need to spray meth. No seafoam, no "Italian tuneups", nothing besides water/meth injection will make any measurable difference with regards to carbon buildup.

BG ISC is the only thing that's going to work. Pic related. Don't let it touch your skin or you'll get chemical burns. It'll melt through latex gloves in under a second. You need to buy this on ebay or maybe Amazon. Anything they sell at autozone or whatever is pussy shit and won't do a damn thing.

You need to remove your intake manifold and clean the valves directly. A rifle cleaning kit from a gun store will help you get in all the tight spaces.

What type of engine oil creates bigger carbon deposits on the intake valves? Doesn't synthetic oil have more leakage down the valve shaft? So that might mean synthetic oil has more carbon deposits on the shaft than on the valve surface.

Are you really this fucking stupid?