The old man/dad has a 64 impala 4 door collecting dust in his garage

the old man/dad has a 64 impala 4 door collecting dust in his garage
girls used to love it when i was in high school
>niggers
it has a 283 automatic sounds good slow as fuc
transmission is terrible

would it be reasonable to do an engine swap in this?

sentimental value firsr car i wrenched on

I would drop prob 10k fuck it old&foreveralone

Other urls found in this thread:

chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines
chevrolet.com/index/performance/powertrain/transmissions.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_5ZiUsz9MFo
youtube.com/watch?v=G0P9AZ_fG9U
youtube.com/watch?v=gJu2nEAtPeE
youtube.com/watch?v=oeps18chvC0
chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454-r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

4 door classic cars are not worth putting a dime into.

im not selling it you fool

are you a nigger?

i cant help that my dad has trash taste
way to try and make me feel like shit
i am white and watch anime

well since your white i can give you advice buy a goodwrench 350 it makes about 300 horse and if you want swap a manual or a newer automatic these cars are restored all the time so aftermarket parts are common a 4 door 64 impala is a cool car

Get an LS truck motor, 4.8, 5.3, 6.0. TH400 trans

Would cost you less than 2,500

4 door classic cars are VERY popular with Hispanics and Blacks. Whites prefer the 2 door models. If you already have the 4 door, fix it up and when you are interested in selling it advertise in one of their neighborhoods. They love these cares because your family can get in and out easily. My Dominican friends tell me that they like the 4 door cars because the 4 door represents being sociable and interacting with friends and family, and the 2 door comes across as being selfish or unfriendly. It's a cultural thing.

10 bucks the center nigga didn't realize his friend was holding his dick

>sounds good
>transmission is terrible
>obviously the first thing to do is change the engine

Please sell this car to a brown man who will treat her right.

Dont listen to these people OP, its a nice car. Keep it nice, dont lower it, maybe buy some different rims and you're far enough from the stereotype that you dont have to worry.

chevy sells crate engines on their site
chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines

I dont really know what would fit perfectly, so i can't say i know precisely what to recommend... just make sure to do your research beforehand.

This is the prime candidate for the 350/350

Should be able to get a comfortable 300 horses in less than 5k, including engine and tranny.

Oh yeah, chevy also sells transmissions on their site.

chevrolet.com/index/performance/powertrain/transmissions.html

Its worth noting that transmissions swaps for '64 impalas seem to be a pretty common topic of discussion. Just take a look around google.

i know a darkie that's a top weeb.
He even helps set up otaku cons or what the fuck ever,

283s sound great tho, also is the tranny the 2 speed?

16 inch and over wheels look hideous on muscle cars.

Its a 4 door with a 283, not much muscle there

it already has cragar chrome wheels

16 inch and over wheels look hideous on classic cars.*
283 with quad DCOEs sounds like heaven though.

>quad DCOEs
Sound great but a good old q-jet will walk them every time.

shut up lol all these old ass cars are slow af america was never great

Grab a 327/350 block and shove in the crankshaft from the 283. Then build up your own 302. Rev that shit to the moon.

Would a 350 be remotely fast? The car is a boat must be over 2 tons. The 283 barley moves it. This car would probably need 400hp at least to be as fast as a civic.

I'm not saying swap in a 350.
I'm saying use the 350 engine block and rip apart the 283 in that Impala to grab the crankshaft. The 350 block with the 283 crankshaft will make a high revving 302.

You could shove in a built 350 and be happy but EVERYONE does a 350 swap.

Building a Chevy 302 is much more interesting. Chevy actually did make a 302 from 1967 to 1969. It was only made for the Camaro Z/28, and was a homologation special for SCCA Trans Am series racing, which had a 305 cubic inch displacement limit. The 302 quickly built a reputation as a high RPM screamer (think Honda's with B-series engines), and a force to be reckoned with on track.
Despite the Camaro SS having a larger 350 cubic inch V8, the 302 powered Z/28 was faster.
youtube.com/watch?v=_5ZiUsz9MFo
youtube.com/watch?v=G0P9AZ_fG9U
youtube.com/watch?v=gJu2nEAtPeE

And to give you an idea of what the 302 was capable of when given the racing spec treatment...
youtube.com/watch?v=oeps18chvC0

The Chevy 302 is often nicknamed the DZ302. It was built by marrying a 327/350 engine block with a 283 crankshaft, then given high performance heads, intake manifold and a high performance carburetor.

This is rediculous.

In the low rider world you get laughed at for driving a "parts car", I.e a 4 door.

Your minority friend can't afford a 2 door and are trying to rationalize owning an inferior automobile.

Blow 20 on it
chevrolet.com/performance/crate-engines/lsx-454-r