What's the best RWD car for engine swapping...

What's the best RWD car for engine swapping? Something relatively cheap with a bulletproof drivetrain and a healthy aftermarket.
>inb4 Brandfags shitposting

FC rx7 and the rx8 are commonly swapped because retards can't into doritos and end up blowing the engine and selling the car for dirt cheap. There are lots of them on craigslist

E30

god bless retards

80's Ford Fairmont because fox body

Could literally be had for $900 to $2,500 all day no matter the condition

Mustang and Camaro

Engine blown? Junkyard engine, 500 dollar.

VT Commodore

Volvo 700

S chassis have a lot of support but drift tax is fucking retarded.
FC RX7 are cheap, dime a dozen, okay aftermarket support, V8 swap galore.
E30/36 BMW are great too.
Miatas are meh, short wheel base, snappy when drifting. 50/50 stock weight ratio, meh on swapping. Monster Miata makes v8 kits.
Volvo's are fucking bulletproof and just need a turbo to get going. Cheap as fuck. Most importantly, grandpa mobile.
D21 Hardbody are great. KA24E, Shit suspension setup (leaf spring and torsion bar). Hella sexy. Cheapish.

Just go on Craigslist and find a cheap 5 SPD RWD shitbox and have fun on dirt roads.

no, rotaries are just trash

>Get a tiny Japanese sports car and custom fit a preferably obscure American v8, that's the BEST way to engine swap.

The answer should be shit like Honda civics and golf's and ae86 where you can simply and easily get a k20a,vr6,1uz and swap it.

Good ol trusty Sydney 2000 edition VT II

fpbp

posting my question in a relevant thread. im looking into buying my first project car, at first i was thinking of spending 20-25k on a car but i'd rather buy a dirt cheap 240 that needs work and build it up how i want it. should i buy one with a KA24 and later swap in whatever i want to truly make it a project car or just go for one that already has an SR20?

>engine swapping
Don't be a cunt m8, the engineers that designed the car know better than you do. By changing the engine, you're removing whatever soul and artistry the car had.

How is the autism treatmemt going?

MX83 Cressida. clean Chassis are easy to find, can stuff any engine into them,still has some aftermarket, and theyre cheap

Ford Ranger. Yuge after market because truck life. Less car in the way and larger engine bay.

I DD one of these with an LS1 in the back

The decision is yours to make.

Any RWD Volvo, so a 240 or 740 would be perfect. Engine bay is fuck huge so you can easily fit a V8 or even a BMW V12. Also worth noting that there's a huge aftermarket for them so the sky is the limit as far as suspension and what not

Buy a cheaper car like the 240 and build it. Much more rewarding than just spending all that cash in one place and saying fuck it. Personally, I prefer the KA over the SR. But that's just me.

Speaking of engine swapping, Doesnt the LS swap on a miata mess up the whole weight distribution and the whole muh rider and horse as one deal?