Tesla v Hellcat

Just been on a quick YouTube binge watching these two go against each other.

Reading the comments, why the fuck are people so autistic about each of them? Seriously, one video it will be everyone sperging out about how the Tesla is the greatest car in the world and everything else is shit, and another will be about how the Hellcat is so much better and the Tesla is for pussies.

Why the fuck can't people just take a step back and say they are both really good cars and enjoy them both? When did car "communities" turn into a bunch of condescending autists shilling for their favourite and shitting on everything else making no concessions for the "competition"? It is fucking tragic.

I swear it never used to be this bad. Are people who actually like cars and can appreciate pretty much anything gone?

Why do you care about bench racing faggots?

Nearly all of them will never be able to own either of those cars.

They're the same people who think a 1000hp Poopra is slow.

reminder that a base model tesla is faster than a hellcat.

reminder that the the p100d is faster demon. lol

But but but the tesla base model isn't even that fast

faster than a hellcat using its pushshit engine

It happened a long time ago. The thing is, most people who can afford these cars (aside from bogans/ rednecks who've basically stumbled into money) will appreciate both cars. You've got to remember that the people that comment on youtube videos are typically those under 25 who can't even afford the cars in question, and a lot of them probably can't even drive; not dissimilar to Veeky Forums but I think Veeky Forums has a slightly older, yet still immature userbase.

Tesla fans are weird

They're like the automotive version of Apple fans

Hey Alphonse

The 70? Pretty sure it does 0-60 in the 5's.

They're both shit cars from shitty companies, but that being said Tesla's are owned generally by rich assholes who only see cars as appliances, where as someone owning a hellcat/demon knows what he has.

How does that make sense? If someone buys a P100D they're paying double the price of the base model, just like the Hellcat. If you spend the money you know what you're getting. It's not like the P100D looks different from the 70D, which the hellcat does.

Is the Tesla model S even fun to drive?
I know torque and all that shit but the feel of the handling and all that shit, is it even fun?
It just looks like everything about it would be sterile as fuck and boring

I've driven a P85D and it's a fuck ton of fun. The low end acceleration is like nothing I've experienced, and I have a GT-R. It handles surprisingly well for how large it is.

Because the bench racing retards that nitpick every tiny thing about cars are too autistic to like more than one thing at a time. If something isn't perfect in every way, its shit. If one care is 3 milliseconds faster around a track then another similar car then it's a god machine and the other car is shit in every way.

People in to cars (though this applies to other things to) generally refuse to just admit both the good and bad in different cars.

>this thread will almost certainly devolve in to tesla shit posting

t. pushcuck

should be interesting to see what Tesla will make for its performance car next. Gen 2 roadster if you will.

Heck, the pusher they made for the hyper loop competition had Tesla motors in it, and it could go 300 easy. But that was in an evacuated chamber

The handling is much better than you would expect, you can definitely have a good time pushing them around corners. The acceleration is hard to describe, it's just a different feeling than anything else. The X is the one that really shocks me, the S you are in a bolstered seat sitting somewhat low and know that it's going to snap your neck if you give it some watts, looking out the huge glass on the X and sitting more upright and much higher off the ground it's really a shock to the system when you floor it, not what you expect a vehicle like that to feel like.

Having ridden in a S, I can agree. It just feels weird, but great

Meh. Friend has a 90. It's fast, but boring. A corpse could drive it quickly in a straight line, just mash the pedal and you go.

....and?

what, would you rather have a difficult-to-control car?

Sometimes auto enthusiasts puzzle me

You fail to understand what it is to be truly rich, to only buy an becuase its the fashionable thing to do, not becuase you actually care to buy it.

I think you're wrong.

Most rich people I know drive either a Lexus or Infiniti. Luxurious, yet reliable.
It's really only the boomers who make 200,000 annually who buy a Tesla. Yes, a LOT of money but not 'rich'.

Rich people tend to save their money and don't try to out nigger their peers.

Hellcat is fucking trash. It's like the 2003 Cobra except twice the price and 1/10th as cool.

But when are you going to try a fast car?

I think it's because for a lot of people, the Tesla represents a future they don't want being forced upon them. Tesla seems to be setting the trends, and a few of those are really things they don't want to become popular, but might not have a choice about as what's popular is often pushed on us by people nobody actually likes colluding instead of competing.

So if features of Teslas become ubiquitous, that means:

1. Road trips become much shorter, and it gets that much harder to skip town. Even if electric cars can have 400 mile ranges or something, there's a lot more freedom in driving 300 miles then spending 5 minutes refueling vs 400 miles and waiting all night to recharge.

2. Obnoxious touchscreens everywhere. Just because your phone does it doesn't make it good for cars. There's a reason you shouldn't use your phone while driving.

3. Your car has to have constant software updates (which are beyond your control). It really makes you wonder why they couldn't get it right the first time, and makes you feel less like you own your car.

4. You don't actually drive your car. Perhaps a welcome means to do something else during your commute, but you'll forget how to drive if you don't drive, and everyone already knows that if it becomes widespread enough governments are going to ban controlling more of your own property, that is, they'll outlaw driving, giving you even LESS freedom. A 2.3 0-60 time means nothing if you aren't allowed to experience that.