/ovg/ - Zizin saves GT3 edition

Welcome to Auto Vidya General, the place to talk about racing games

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SnHQijrxCIs
youtube.com/watch?v=NLRuer3g7tM
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1594533883
my.mixtape.moe/klvnng.png
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JUSTICE FOR GT3

#JESUISGT3

#NotMyRound12

Zizin miata when

Does the op pic remind anyone of the x motor racing guy, or is it just me?

There will be 2nd expansion pack for Horizon 3 later this month. It will take place in Dubai, mark my words.

Thanks for restoring the GT3 league guys. youre legends.

One question though, the dates havent been updated on the doc.
At the moment Bryce Canyon is up on the serve but it appears on the doc bryce canyon has now been moved back a few events.

Whats the plan, are we running Barbarosa mount this weekend or are we running Bryce Canyon.

have to ask kita when he gets on mumble tonight, though i highly doubt we'll be running BC this weekend. I presume we'll be running Barbato but we may have an off week due to people being away for Easter (or WEC)

Is the circlejerk going to the WEC?

nah just a couple of people

awh come on, you cant get me all hyped like this and then pull the rug out from under my feet, i dont mind the change of track. but saying "oh we're not racing anymore"

Shit guys come on, you sperg about attendance, i drag my friends in here to get their asses back into the game.i had three, two and me, up for this weekend.

A little notice (or even some planning ahead of time) is that so much to ask?

As a side note, who has the server at the moment? will they change to barbato for tomorow? was gonna get together and practice some.

You must be new here, entire series can get canceled without notice because one person's feels got hurt

judging by that russian font you're probably right

its uncommon i know, but im an optimist.

Id host a server for you myself but i know americans dont like having to play on anything >50ms ping. Perhaps there is a way to purchase hosting in the US for this sort of thing?

But larguu isn't that kind of guy, isn't he?

>tfw you get banned from SJ's hugbox

Mount Barbato is a really nice track

Where can we submit the skins for ovgtp?

Is there any way i can pirate AC?

Yes, but no multiplayer

Hit us up I Atleast want to test it

y tho?
isn't the hot meme that you can pirate rf2 easily now that it's on steam?
why would rf2 work but not AC?

As I said talk to kita he knows what's happening

There might be some miscommunication, as far as I'm aware, Larguu will still administrate the race this weekend, which should be Barbato Mount. It probably won't change until later this evening when I can annoy him more. If not, I'll set up a server.

There will be a race this weekend.

no he's just totally bored of rF. I completely get it, but there are people who aren't bored yet.

here
Casual ac pickup tomorrow.
I decided on the M235i for this week, since I always wanted to run it but never got the chance. Haven't decided on a track yet though. It will probably something simple, but not too easy, mod content or not. Any suggestions welcome though.

The server will be up later today.

alright cool

tsukuba, the one we did in GT86

>Defect from /ogc/
>Get a G27 shifter for the shipping cost fee only
>Get to pull the film off it too

Life is good.

you could have payed some of your debt with that shipping cost

thanks man, you the real MvP.

Do you have a time yet?

Also Black Cat Country.

20:00 GMT, so same time as the gt3 races.

county*

>15:00 EST
Oh.

Well, have fun then.

>find cool rally mod for rfactor
>have to be a paying member of their league and must be fluent in french to dl it

Everytime shit like this happens they're italian or French

youtube.com/watch?v=SnHQijrxCIs

anyone still playing Automation?

I made me a what if 2005 Fiero

And another, French as well

youtube.com/watch?v=NLRuer3g7tM

Physics are probably shit in these mods but who knows, won't be able to find out though cause the french are stingy cunts

>2000 GMT on a Friday night
yeah nah your a cunt

Oh right, americans.

I guess I can move it a few hours later?

Maybe you should set up something to see how many people are interested and what time they're available.

Soon™

I'm being a normie for a bit.

I don't think you're suited to be running anything desu

The funny thing is when SJ chased everyone out they all came to ovg. Talk about a plan backfiring lol

>literally no issues with disc
>can hear it spinning
???
Is it just ((Windows 10)) not liking discs?

While hoping this won't backfire on me, I already ran a series.

>windows 10
>q3a era games

i'm not an expert on the subject, but i think it's safe to assume that since win98 windows has changed a little when it comes to api and other smart shit

That's because, these people who "joined" /ogc/ DID NOT REALLY JOIN THE COMMUNITY AT ALL. They were NEVER actually from the community and decided to rejoin a community that HATES them due to their own STOCKHOLMES SYNDROME for /ovg/.

I have a random rally car mod for rFactor, if I ever get around to un-shittying the physics I'll upload it.

Yes, great game.
Also, by 2005 pedestrian safety laws killed pop-up lights.

>Is it just ((Windows 10)) not liking discs?
Yes, Windows 10 dropped support for all legacy DRM systems, game copy world is you friend.

Wow spot on. Nah just kidding. You didn't get a single thing.

>tfw you aren't /ovg/ series organizer material
>tfw you will never put /ovg/ on your resume like SJ

I don't recognize it.

Except you know that EVERYTHING is TRUE; EVERYONE who had "joined" /ogc/ was NOT there to HAVE FUN but to TROLL and GIVE ME STRESS, therefore I have had to DELETE the trolls out of /ogc/ so my TRUE and HONEST fanbase can race and HAVE FUN without being MOCKED by trolls.

SJ quotes the part of the post he is answering to.
Stop trying to stir shit.

0/10 impersonation of the founder of /ovg/ and /ogc/

>buy Burnout Revenge
>rank 5 difficulty spike

360 or ps2?

Tfw you post right before the archive so you can't get any yous.
One weird thing about this porsche is that the rims colour with the entire body and the rims color option colours inside or the rim outer lip.

>Porsche pack isn't an expansion pack
nice
>83' 911 isn't in it
fuck
tell me it's in a Forzathon or something

>buy Burnout Revenge
>complete Burnout 2 during the loading times

>buy Burnout Paradise
>uninstall after 5 minutes because it looks like shit, feels like shit and sounds like shit
>install Need For Speed Most Wanted (2012)

Burnout Paradise is criminally overrated but NFS after 2 is also garbage.

The GT3 RS 4.0 is a forzathon vehicle not sure if it's appealing to you.
It's a 73' Carrera RS in the picture related I'm just experimenting with the colours. Not sure if the rim glitch will be patched but it looks unique.

Not really, but having looked at the full news article, I see the 930 is a Forzathon vehicle. Don't know what year it is, but it's fine.

>shitting on Hot Pursuit, High Stakes, and Porsche Unleashed
Hot Pursuit 2 is borderline.

I had the PS2 version but I wanted the HD and extra cars. Also I bought the 250GB HDD and installed it because fuck loading times

>burnout 2

Prototype best car

[spoiler]
I liked Carbon.[/spoiler]

Trying to play AC online. I drive for a bit and then, seemingly randomly it "crashes" back to the main menu with no message or anything, some servers seem to work.
Am I getting kicked? What's going on? Some anti-cheat stuff?

I meant to say NFSU2. HP2 is my favorite though.

do you use original game? If you have pirated game, i guess it's possible that it's not allowed to have two players with same ID on one server.

Documents/Assetto Corsa/logs/*, read things, maybe you'll find something interesting.

That's not too bad really. I do like the older air cooled porsches. If they are not lazy with the sound design and handling it would be nice company to the 73' if it drives well.

I only really like the older Porsches, with the modern ones I'm only interested in the Caymans, mainly for the MR layout and poorfag appeal.

Does anyone here actually play FH3 together? It'd be nice to do the Forzathon and fuck around with some other people tomorrow.

Who dis

>protecting you against DRM
>bad
okay friend

Forza on /ovg/ isn't really as prevalent anymore that's pretty much obvious. I was told that there was a club for it but I never got clear enough information about it. I joined WAT instead just for the perks of being with one but I haven't heard anything from its members directly.

There was some discords and I played maybe two sessions with the group, but most people were having issues with the game when it launched and just stopped playing it. Maybe more people here will play Forza when FM7 is released.

For me, Forza suffers from its online system. The game needs club sessions (unless it already has them but I'm not aware), not invite only sessions.

Also the fact no one tried to host some races. The game's nature makes it a perfect pick-up racer, and I'd wager that if someone created an impromptu session some guys would join.

why has participation in ovgt3 dropped so drastically?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc/edit#gid=1594533883

Incredibly styled and detailed tab for the friday pickups created. Time moved from 20:00 GMT to 23:00 GMT

dropped

rip friday pickups

How do I use the DLC unlocker? Download it and the content file?

wtf I hate assetto corsa now

too late for me. rip.

Yes, and drop the dll inside the AC folder.

nope, legit steam copy.

So does it unlock only the one DLC or all of them? I only see the cream thing, some steam.dll files and in the content folder the Porsche 911 and the Red Bull Ring. I want to use the other DLCs other than the Porsche 911.

It should unlock all the DLCs.
As for content you'll need all the content yes. Last time I checked I had a 4.1 GB .7z file for cars and a 1 GB .7z file for cars, but I may be missing the very last update (which includes the new Porsche, don't know if the mega folder was updated).

TOP SECRET GTR3 SCREENSHOT

my.mixtape.moe/klvnng.png

Because people just stop showing up and there's not enough newfags to replace them

really makes you think

Press F to pay respects to the series that didn't make it

F

F

Was out and about in Liverpool earlier today and saw a Simbin car driving around. Took a quick picture when the driver stopped at a Nando's.

I wonder why they stop showing up

>I wonder why they stop showing up
Because the MUMBLE SHADOW GOVERNMENT once again SCARES the people away from a series; because the SHADOW GOVERNMENT insists that THEY are the only ones allowed to play games and organize a series while I am thrown in MAXIMUM SECURITY INSANITY PRISON for rebelling against the ego and the SHADOW GOVERNMENT PUPPET ORGANIZATION OF /ovg/.
When anyone else hosts they are BULLIED BADLY and DRAGGED OUT FROM Veeky Forums, ISOLATED ALONE in a LOW DEADLY NIGGERPOPULATED imageboard.

I'm still waiting for the Pray4Kraid MX-5 Memorial Trophy

aren't we all

Holy fuck the 911 GT3 RS is nice.
I could listen to that exhaust note all day.