What does Veeky Forums think about pic related?

Sure, why not. It's not like you go into first while driving, and there's a lockout anyway.
I'd rather this than it being on the right.

I've literally never owned a car with a different pattern.

>tfw op pattern
>tfw no lockout
>tfw no syncros for first

work van has this layout, jeep has reverse next to 6th..

honestly i prefer left and up, mostly because of how much easier it is for multi point turning, like in a narrow street or whatever.. but left and down is what most vehicles i've driven have had... except for trucks, which seem to persist with having first left and down, and reverse directly up from that, then 2nd where 3rd should be... fuck dogleg 1st gearboxes, and fuck electrohydraulic transfer cases

The only quarrel I have with this pattern is doing Motorkhanas where quick reverse-first-reverse actions are required. Other than that, it's fine.

It's inferior because you rarely use R and almost never use 1. So you put them up left and down left, out of the way. Then 2-5, the most commonly used gears, are in a nice H pattern instead of being across 3 columns. If there is a 6, it would be up right since it doesn't matter where it goes, since it's just a shift and forget highway gear

Shit. All patterns are shit.

Sequential a best

T. Motorcyclist

>almost never use 1.
> rarely use R

The fuck,.

OP here. So is an h-pattern better than a manual?

>Rarely use R
Bus rider confirmed

>pushing it to 1st but it goes to reverse

No

H pattern is for slow shifting, but also skipping gears because you have 20 of them

Nobody knows why it exists on cars with a mere 5-6 gears when a sequential shifter is mechanically simpler.and easier/faster to operate, save for any reverse/neutral lockout fuckery that may have been applied

First is used to take off, R is used once a trip.
2-5 are used far more often than 1 or R.
That's the point of a dog leg. The theory was to improve shifting while racing.

Could be better

How fucking often do you back up? Do you just drive in reverse all over town? You use it once or twice a day for 5 seconds at a time to get out of a parking spot and that's it.

WHERE IS 4 REE THIS IS MAKING ME ANXIOUS

I find it funny that that's what makes you anxious

I have a life, places to and enough money to have a 3 car garage. Only poorfag cucks who park outside don't use R

>he has a garage with only one way in or out
You apparently don't have much money

God machine transmission

D is the 4th gear
L is the 6th

>He has only one car

3 speeds for antiques
4 speeds for muscle cars and trucks
5 speeds for everything else
6 speeds if you're gay

5 speeds are for antiques

Veeky Forums doesn't think /pol/ thinks for them, which is not a lot.

Hence threads like this get so many replies, lots of dumbasses on Veeky Forums.
I mean, what the fuck is there to say about it? It is the most common shift pattern in the world and is an ancient Veeky Forums may may.

>implying /pol/ doesn't think
/pol/ is one of the last bastions of actual intellectual discussion and freethinking desu

>parroting the same opinions the entire board has

yes, very free thinking of you.

how about no

>>tfw no syncros for first
explain

literally what european shitbox?

STOP

push down to reverse is god tier

You can get a bay style garage with any number of doors, retard

landrover gearbox

You know nothing.

cool and good
yes. very drive.

>turkc

Not supposed to be in first other than a standstill.