/scg/edg/ Star Dangerous Elites General #138: Nigel Keeps Fucking Up the OP Edition

Remember to report and ignore all goon shitposts, easily identifiable by "pfffHAHAHA" which is apparently some kind of signature.

Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC
Be aware, Thargroids are currently grabbing ships out of witchspace with unknown intentions. it is advised you shoot the fuck out of them whenever possible.
Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Frontier Official YT
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0
>Star Citizen Official YT
youtube.com/channel/UCTeLqJq1mXUX5WWoNXLmOIA
>Subscriber Vault pics and JPoint Magazine Archive
mega.nz/#F!3tpUlapR!knV_JazwxfM-xct6PJyPEw
Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098

RIP

Star Citizen > ED

Let's not do this

Wrong.

My apologies to Nigel and are Mag, it seems the goof in between his OPs fucked up the info with his god damned extensions I told him to check when he makes the thread.

if it ever actually releases then ya maybe

>(embed) (embed)
almost m8

Hull Series when? I want to induce size envy NOW.

Two.

Patches.

blind spots

>blind spots
MISC in a nutshell

are we going to see any Hulls come out by 3.0?

Most likely. Now that they have the final MISC design down, they can reuse interior and exterior assets which will make things go faster. If I am not mistaken, I think the Hull C is supposed to come out during 3.0.

Chris said that they will do a rare ship sale soon, probably in May/June. Which ships you think are out then?

Depends on whether they can get the stupid extension mechanism working the way they want it to I guess. Making the ship itself is not that much work due to lots of reusable MISC assets.

>they fixed this bug
feels bad man

ded

I'm trying to decide if I want dual sticks or not. Can anyone demonstrably prove an advantage over kb/m?

What is the minimum to spend for a competent flight stick?

Mouse aiming is better than waggling some mechanical stick which resists.

Do people play Quake 3 with a joystick?

Do people fly a plane with a mouse? Thought not, fuck off cunt

they would if they could but they aint cuz the caint

>Do people fly a plane with a mouse?
Actual flying planes? No. Simulated ones? Sure.

Why did you get angry? If you want to blow $500 on 2 sticks that you'll get bored of after Star Citizen dies, go ahead.

>it's a "sticknigger hates mouse and keyboard controls in Star Citizen and got gimbal size nerfs because they cry a lot" episode

they literally do fly the ISS with a mouse and keyboard and a monitor.

I don't disagree. I have a small amount of nerve damage in my right hand. No dexterity issues, but my index finger and thumb have no sense of touch. This makes using a mouse with a bunch of buttons impossible because I can't tell exactly where my thumb is, lol.

I was just wondering if anyone was comfortable with both could explain what the difference in effectiveness is. If you had to fight your clone with either kb/m or dual stick with your clone got the other, what would you choose?

OK, that makes sense. But what's the difference with using a stick in your right hand? The thumb hat requires your thumb and the trigger requires your index finger. You'd have to use your middle finger instead.

I've seen people say dual sticks is good but requires a bit of adjustment because it's quite different.

The thing is, if you're going to buy 2 sticks and don't like it, what then? Return them? Can't you find someone with 2 sticks to try out? Or maybe buy 2 really cheap ones first.

If you did buy them, I saw those Thrustmaster T16000 recommended in a few places.

what do you plan to do with two sticks?
i can see what one does ie steering and that stuff
but what do you plan to do with the second one?

erp

>But what's the difference with using a stick in your right hand?
I can use a xbone controller with no issue because it is definite movements that I can feel in my hand.

>what do you plan to do with two sticks?
I was thinking the right one would be pitch and roll with yaw on twist.

The left one would be forward and lateral strafe with vertical strafe on twist.

This is what I saw someone recommend, left for movement, right for aiming.

Hey /edg/ I just want to talk about my setup. So currently I have dual sticks, left hand right hand and a keyboard in the middle. Left does lateral thrusters, right roll/pitch. Then I have two pedals for yaw, now to the crux of what I wanted to ask- wellI I only have two arms and two legs, so I was thinking- is there any way I could use my penis to select pips?

Thanks in advance,
your mum's lover.

Use Voice Attack, CMDR!

o7

oh shit! totally called you out. honorable combat or ur a bitch.

*switches to solo*
Heh, not so fast griefer.

How do I interact with that using my penis? I don't follow, cmdr

By sticking your dick in your mouth duh.

o7

absolutely shitposterous

I use the directional hat combined with a button on my left hand for functions like landing gear, boost, heat sinks and cargo scoop then just the directional hat for pips.

I also use another thumb button on my left hand and the hat for UI focus.

Anyone other news from GDC besides that sweet sweet new character customizer?

Stop using shit-tier attempts at memes.

Tapir's are the dankest of memes user

ED > Everything else

prove me wrong

>wew how do I draw a nose
>oh right I just don't

What is the verdict on Hellion? Anybody spent any time on it?

Goons are trying to promote it as a Star Citizen killer. Like "This is everything Star Citizen wanted to be" and "This is literally everything I wanted from Star Citizen", even though they got a refund for a space shooter like Wing Commander.

I guess it's just historical revisionism.

I think the focus is a little different. I hope they are both good. I'll play both. Is $25 ok for it?

Chris is sad... He wants more money.

Nope it's a piece of shit.

Why are goons so pathetic?

I haven't played it. They give it very positive reviews but they do claim it's buggy. Disclaimer; they also praise Mass Effect: Andromeda and Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare (because Derek Smart praised them on twitter and used them examples of games that are going to kill Star Citizen).

Quince is in Ceasefire.

Is the war over? Can I do anything to get them fighting again?

Who likes noses anyway? They're ugly. Just think about it, it's two holes containing hairs and mucus. It's like a trashcan, but on your face.

Looks kinda shite desu.

I know there's a special breed of autists in SC community who get of of rping a space greasemonkey, but this shit is on another level.

A fucking paraphernalia of switches, batteries and filters that break constantly, so your typical gameplay session will consist of scrounging samey looking space station pieces for parts, returning to your home, wasting another hour fixing every ac unit, light switch and holo panel with new nuts and bolts.

It takes the resource grind of Rust and multiplies it to absurd levels.

Goons are just poor adults that have no confidence in their decisions

If these don't happen, spam DS's twitter with this picture until he writes another million word rant on his blog.

Post screens

fuck me what size is that chin gun, when did this happen

S3, just like the wing mounts. It's always been there. It's fixed you can put the chin turret on for 2xS1 or you can be a man, fly all fixed guns and have 3xS3+1xS4

>trying to do massacres in Quince while 17D is in civil war

Where the fuck have you been? Get your ass over here before the war ends here too.

Quince is in civil war too? Is there really any difference?

>Is there really any difference?

I legitimately feel bad for you.

Why the fuck wouldn't we be able to land on planets from space. Its a vital part to their vision and 3.0 wouldn't be all the hype it is without that feature. It would make CIG lose all their credibility. That whole post is dumb.

What's a good place to grind cash other than 17 Draconis? It's 53 jumps away, and I'd rather fucking kill myself than do that. Is there anything closer to Witoa?

No. Go to 17D. Kill yourself in a Sidey to respawn back in the bubble to buy a jump Hauler if you have to. After the update drops, you will never have this chance again. Depending on your combat setup, you can make 100mil+/h and that is no exaggeration.

B-but muh imp courier.

Fine.

Is there anything else I should know about it? Like what specifically I'm doing?

an important thing to know is that you can make more money per hour in quince doing surface scans if you suck at combat and have horizons

I do have Horizons but I'm pretty okay at combat.

So the question is, what the fuck do I actually do? I'm borderline retarded (as can be obvious with my choice of voluntarily subjecting myself to ED).

Dadwinder

massacre missions in 17D, depending on your ship.

>I'm borderline retarded

surface scans in quince as long as you have horizons

While 17D is in civil war, the factions will give out massacre missions. Basically you just take the missions, go to the combat zone, and kill as many ships as you need for your mission. The trick is to stack as many missions as you can, and try to get juicy ones that give out 5mil per mission or above. Every kill counts for every mission, so do the math as to what would happen if you got 20 massacre missions and each gave 10 million each.

So no, is what you're saying?

This post is for dads only. Reply here if you are a) dad and b) have more money than other losers on this thread. I just made cup of coffee and looking through my excel sheets. I make my own trade routes.

>name plates in the beta are black text on a ship

Is it that fucking hard to do Black on White text?

It will cost you... extra.

does anyone have the old-school shitrocity SIRA flag in all its glory?

i need to save it

this?

you're the fuckin' man

o7

*interdicts u*

White nigger federation reporting to duty!

*boosts behind u and instagibs u w/ cytoscrambler+plasma accelerator*

pssshh...

maybe i'll be banned this time

hope not pls no

So I'm currently just flying in supercruise in circles trying to get USS to spawn, and of those, get high grade, and in that high grade, get one certain component

>mfw seeing a high grade and suddenly getting interdicted by Navy ships

>Mission objective complete
>black screen

>bearing down on 10bil but the remaining grind will be brutal

gotta get a grip

which component?

Military Supercapacitors

Got 9. It'll do.

Now for:
>Aberrant Shield Pattern Analysis
>Classified Scan Databanks
>Modified Embedded Firmware
>mfw

source?

What's the difference between massacres in Quince and 17D?

Quince has to compete with scan missions for mission board slots

17D doesn't, meaning more rolls of the dice for better missions and easier/faster stacking

Post Carracks

The resistance is important because flight games have a "zero" position that's kind of important so it's an advantage if your controller physically centers itself and gives you feedback on how far you're from the center.

Quake etc. is just pointing a cursor and it's instant so mouse makes sense there.

it just looks like a clone of space engineers to me. what's special about it?

I've come a long way for what's in your hold, don't try to run!