Veeky Forums

Veeky Forums,

Just purchased a Toyota Corolla S Plus 6 speed the other day and am already looking to make this thing more fun to drive. I just got a job that will allow me some expendable income so as an absolute noob when it comes to the mechanics of vehicles I've come to ask your advice.

I have already considered getting a sway bar to help the over-steering and getting a muffler as well as some cosmetic shit, but I would like to make the car quicker at least on the low end without fucking it up. I want to make it stand out on the street but not be a complete faggot and have everything under the hood stock.

The goal is to make the thing more FUN to drive and look different than the rest.

I understand I'll have to add better parts such as better brakes, clutch, etc. if I plan to do too much, I'm just looking for a starting point.

pls halp

Pic related isn't mine, but it's the same damn thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

toyotanation.com/forum/377-corolla-11th-gen-2014-scion-im-2016/696537-modifications-available-11th-gen-corolla.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bump and added OP to the name field

Remove rev limiter
New cans and full system
Piggyback ecu
Gut interior

Total gain: not much

Sell it and buy an actual fast car

>Corolla
>Fun to drive
Pick one OP

You bought the slowest, shittiest possible car. like literally the cancer of the road. enjoy wasting money on stupid shit for your slow car. I can't wait until a few months go by and you fucking hate it.

:(

Well, I had to get a new car because my truck broke down. I haven't ever had a newer vehicle and was just happy to have air conditioning, plus i got a ridiculously good deal on it... I don't think i'll ever HATE it, but I already want something faster.

But i get what you're saying. Now that i got thins job, im looking at 80k before the 20+ hours of OT a week, so I guess i'll just wait and get something faster to toy with.

I was considering a newer WRX. Thoughts?

T A R B O
A
R
B
O

You should've gotten a Corolla iM.
Cheaper
same features
Bonus IRS
Bonus cargo room because hatchback

WRX, Focus ST, VW GTI, Fiesta ST, Civic SI, Golf R, Focus RS depending on your budget and need 4 speed.

Now that I got my autism out of the way, actual help.
toyotanation.com/forum/377-corolla-11th-gen-2014-scion-im-2016/696537-modifications-available-11th-gen-corolla.html

fuck off with your shitty pseudo scion bullshit corolla fucking shit. op already hates his car and wants something better.

Pick both.
People say the corolla is boring. But its only as boring as the person driving it.

>buying a new econobox
>modding it
kill yourself. should've just gotten a 3k civic or something actually good.

3k civics arent actually good tho.

>buys a Toyota
>wants fun

We have a problem here.

Nope it's pretty dull and boring like 95% of all Toyotas.

Youre no fun

You should get a golf GTI, the interior is Audi like and the MQB platform underpinning the golf also is the same platform for the Audi a3, s3 and Audi TTRS

Why are you so mad? You posted a stupid idea and you're getting the appropriate replies.
It just seems to me like you're trying in desperation to justify being such an idiot. Either you want to go downhill in a Corolla and are gonna do it, or not. You don't need our permission to be an idiot and risk your life in a shopping cart; an automatic, beige, floppy, tiny brakes, solid beam rear suspension shopping cart. Like are you fucking serious idiot?

The whole premise of this thread is fucking retarded shill shit. Your main concern is whether the AUTO tranny will hold up. And failing that, you'll go find a MANUAL Corolla. What the fuck retard, just admit you're a stupid shill rather than some innocent guy with innocent questions and an auto Corolla hanging around, you fucking moron. Corollas will never be a reputable subculture, sure as fuck not like Honda which has some actual inherent merits to it.
Corollas fucking such, they're styofoam fast food containers littering the street. Corolla will never be a culture apart from what has already been forced into memery like the ugliest 80's Toyotas just bc they have RWD and sometimes popup lights. Who the fuck are you fooling?

Is this some new pasta?
1stly. Im not OP
2nd. OP has a 6speed
3rd.
There is a MASSIVE culture for corollas.
But you knew that.

Not the guy you're arguing with, but any car can be fun. From the Crappiest Yugo to the most expensive Bentley. Every car can be made fun.
I support modding the Corolla instead of immediately trading it it, being upside down and owing more on his next car than it's worse. Don't advise OP to financially fuck his life up.

Corollas can be fun. They just have a more expensive entry point than a Civic.

>worse.
*worth.

>new pasta
nope

Drive one. The driving experience is worth 3k. The driving experience of the corolla isn't worth 20k

Then you have a mental illness.
Ive owned 2 civics. Both were horrible.
Ive owned 1 corolla. It was the 2nd most fun ive had in a car. And it was a massive pile of shit with over 300k miles and mr2 suspension on it. (Think about that)
Nothing boring about a corolla. Only boring people.

>Then you have a mental illness.
how so?
It's vintage dated pasta, 2015 to be exact

I mean, it's never going to be fast. Just enjoy having a reliable car that probably won't break down often which is nice. If you at least wash it once a month and wax it sometimes it'll look better than 90% of the corollas on the road. Upgrade to better tires when you need to but other than that I wouldn't do shit.

well they were probably modded or beat to shit. You gotta find a mint one.

>same pictures of toyota shitmachine turning hard
>corolla is the best performance its the drivers it's the drivers that make it a clumsy piece of crap
Kek these fuck TRY SO HARD

Both were stock and barely over 100k miles. Very clean cars.
I hated them both with a passion one was a 1999 hatch. The other was an 03 coupe.
Terrible. But thats just my opinion.
I enjoyed the 1987 corolla much more.

Again. My opinion. Not trying to start a civic/corolla war.
What?

uys brand new car
>It's not at all what he wants
>The goal is to make the thing more FUN to drive and look different than the rest.

They are this retarded, folks. Of course that's if you don't believe that this entire post is an astroturf.

Then you're the problem. kill yourself.

Hey guy, fuck you and your entire whore family :DDDD

>implying a picture of a shitbox with blown dampers is an argument

OP here. Holy shit you have autism...

Anyways, I bought the corolla as a travel vehicle to go back and forth halfway from Houston to Austin every other week and to drive to work. By no means did I buy this car with the plan of throwing a bunch of aftermarket shit on it and expect it to go fast. I know it's never gonna be fast.

I was just curious as to what i could do to maybe give it a more pep on the low end. It's literally my first time coming to this board.

Also lrn2read before you project so hard your ass prolapses. I got a 6 speed so your rant about an auto tranny was completey retarded.

Because i have a different oppinion i should kms?
Ok?
Huh?
Implying indeed

There isn't much you can do for low end. It's already an extreme undersquare engine

To make it fun, look at aftermarket struts/shocks, springs, sway bars, brake pads wheels, and tires.
It will make a world of difference.

There's literally nothing you can do to get more power. You should've bought a more powerful car to begin with.

>Because i have a different oppinion i should kms?
>why you so mean user i'm juts an innocent guy that just ppicked up his corolla and wants to inspire other insensible people to modify their corolas so that corolla can be a bigger enthusiast car market hopefully among the newer generations. why do you speak to me so rudely, i'm just a genuine innocent guy user. please do not be mean to me, i just have a different taste and it's all fucking toyotas and i am entittled to spam my different taste because nobody ever posts toyota-cetric shitposts and replies pls user dont be mean to me

Im not OP.
Jesus youre stupid.
Supercharger kits exist. Direct bolt on

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing
Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by a grassroots participant(s). It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations credibility by withholding information about the source's financial connection. The term astroturfing is derived from AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to resemble natural grass, as a play on the word "grassroots". The implication behind the use of the term is that there are no "true" or "natural" grassroots, but rather "fake" or "artificial" support, although some astroturfing operatives defend the practice (see Justification below).

chip it fag
this, he's been spamming the same shitty pics for years now

Since you're Toyota shilling you made me kinda miss my clapped out 93 corolla and I tried to fix all the problems it had it would have costed more than it was worth. Now I have a auto tragic 2015 corolla I mean don't get me wrong they're pretty comfy but damn it I didn't want to waste money on a money pit.

Autism
What do the pics have to do with the point im making?
Dont be autistic

>, I bought the corolla
THEN DEAL WITH IT, MOTHERFUCKER. GO TO THE CORNER, SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DEAL WITH IT.

That's a 1ZZ. Completely unrelated to the 2ZR-FAE OP has. There is a turbo kit for the 2ZR FE, but not for the FAE, so OP's stuck until the aftermarket catches up. The FAE variant is fairly new so there hasn't been much released for it. If anyone is going to make something for it though, it's MoneyWrench Racing.

Yea for like 5-10k. Then it'd be a 25-30k car, which is used corvette territory. That's retarded. Besides, superchargers don't increase low end power. It just moves the whole dyno graph up.

>the point im making
but you aren't, you're spamming the same BS as you always do

>kinda miss my clapped out 93 corolla
>auto tragic 2015 corolla
and since YOU'RE totyota shilling, fuck you.

>superchargers don't increase low end power

>$38/hr

What do you do, brah?

What BS?
Nothing ive said is false
Whats the issue?

Thats pretty much the direction i was heading

I bought this because it was a great deal and I needed something reliable i could put some miles on. Not to buy a fast car.

Now that i've been running around in a 6 speed, I want more speed. If there's nothing I can do short of rebuild the engine and throw a tarbo on, i'll probably just get a faster car in a year or two. I like the 2017 civic type R's. Are those going to be available or was that just a prototype?

Why are you so determined that i have some buyers remorse or something, you fucking autist? I'm asking general questions and here comes this faggot out of nowhere to flex his self-righteous verbal diarrhea as if anyone gives a fuck

Children do what you are doing. little kids that don't understand proper conversation skills and etiquette.

kys

No new car is a great deal. Buying new and then putting a lot of miles on a car is retarded because it will depreciate way faster. Should've gotten a V6 accord for

DUDE SHUT THE FUCK UP DEAL WITH YOUR SHITBOX DONT BOTHER US CRYING (WITH FAKE SHILL STORIES) ABOUT HOW YOU MADE A SHIT DECISION AND THE REST OF THE WORLD HAS TO DEAL WITH YOUR FUCKING CRYING. TAKE YOUR CAR AND KINDLY FUCK OFF is what I'd say if you were even remotely legit and not a filthy desperate shill.

Process operations in a massive chemical plant down here in south Texas. Pretty good gig, my dude. Weather fucking sucks though.

Top out pay is at 42/hr after 3 years. plus bonuses and overtime you're looking at at least 115k. one of my buddies pulled 190k last year, but he fucking lives out there.

Why dont you like toyota?
Are they too reliable for you?
Whats the reason?

FHR west plant?

well, i bought it for 12.5 with 30k miles on it and i really wanted a stick. again, not really going for speed just economy and dependability. plus i kind of wanted to spoil myself with what i had saved up.

>MUH SAFE SPACE
cry harder nigger.

>spoil myself
>on a shitty corolla
you can't be helped.

>spoil myself w
Jesus fucking christ with this cancerous marketing psychology.

I'll be in the Dow chemical plant, but a company named Olin bought all of their chlorine, epoxy, and caustic plants and that's who i'll be working for.

I worked for Dow once. Fucking diversity pushing faggotry for days. they're all fucking robots, man.

Nigger, if you saw what i was toting down the road before this, you'd bite your tongue. I havent had power steering in 6 months...

Corollas are nice.
Answer this question

I've actually gotten nothing but compliments from it's interior especially. comfy as fuck desu

Yea, I've never heard good things about Dow. Too corporate. I'm a engineer so I don't work the board or anything, but I visit different sites often. Plant work seems nice though. 12 hour shifts, good money...stay safe senpai.

>
>sudden need to have personal conversations inside of shill thread
>keeps bumping it
>not saging
hey I hope you get bad chemical burns friend!

Funny how you wont answer the question

Thanks brah, you too.

Got any good stories? you spend enough time out there, you see some shit.

are you little mad or big mad?

>too reliable
funny way to spell "soulless"

A car is only as good as its driver.
You are the soulless one
Also you didnt answer the question.
Also reliability and soul have nothing to do with it.
Or if you truly believe this. Buy a nissan. It will have plenty of "soul" as it sits not running in a shop

>nissan
>soul
lol
japanese cars are like german cars, no soul, no passion

Is that an allegory of horsepower escaping from the engine as years pass?

No. Its a symbol of toyota reliability.
No need to open the hood. Or your horses will escape.

kek

kys

If you have expendable income to mod your DD, just buy a cheap weekend fun car. Maybe look at the sticky and pick something from the As fast your dollar can go section.

It always amazes me how easy it is to trigger you faggots
>I own X brand
>"your car/brand is shit"
>assblast ensues
It's sad how insecure some of you are

Trade it in for an 86, pay off the 86 as soon as possible, then swap in a 2jz gte and an r154 or AR5 tranny for like 6 or 7k if you're not a lil bitch and can do it yourself.

Don't mod a Corolla.

Why?

Heres a list of aftermarket components I found with my google-fu.

Im no tuning fanatic but making it lighter is always a straightforward way of making faster and more nippy (I.E. Fun).

>he has to ask
you have spammed the same shitty pics for over 2 years

So?

this is an imageboard, we don't need the same shitty pics posted time and time again

That is literally how Veeky Forums was built....

wrong, it never was about some guy spamming his shitty pics
people reposting good stuff is different from a single guy spamming shit

>people reposting good stuff
Veeky Forums was never good.

I have over 100 corolla pictures. I dont really wanna save more.

yet you post the same 5 since at least 2015

Ive been here since Veeky Forums started.
But yeah sometimes i get lazy and post the ones i like most or the easiest one to get to.

all those pics and not a single one with decent resolution, sad

>But i get what you're saying.
No, you don't. The Corolla is not boring just because it's slow. There are equally slow cars that are pretty entertaining to drive because they handle well, give you feedback through the steering wheel, respond more quickly to throttle and brake input, things like that. The Mazda3 is the usual example and it would not have taken much research before buying a car to learn that.