How do I get a 5% ROI?

Complete noob here, is it possible to get a 5% ROI with minimal risk? I plan on covering my non-housing living expenses with the interest and wagecucking to cover rent.

Other urls found in this thread:

ohiocashflow.com/properties/marne-toledo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>5% ROI
yes
>minimal risk
If it were that easy, your bank would already be doing it for you.

Ok, what kind of risk are we talking about here? The kind that I can depend on for consistent income? What ROI can I get for absolutely minimal risk?

you can get %1000 ROI margin trading bitcoins. Its not easy though, but everything possible

I buy and sell sports cards on eBay. $10 ROI and I have lost money on cards like twice. I never hold onto anything for more than 6 months as a rule. Really easy.

I also buy up lotto tickets for jackpots where no one won and resell them for normally $1.50 for a $1 ticket.

By ROI, I was talking about percentage. Also, I'm looking for passive income here. You know, the kind where you invest principal and get paid interest.

You're not going to find any source for passive income with 5% ROI. You can write programs to automate trading or buying and selling to make it passive for you personally, but that's going to require some incredible risk analysis on your part when building the program, and it'd be a miracle to get it up to 5% ROI consistently.

How much money do you have to invest? What about a REIT?

Step 1.) find 5% IR bond
Step 2.) contribute to that bond anually until maturation
Step 3.) ????
Step 4.) Profit

Yes. I would passive indexing. The exact allocation would depend on how much volatility/drawdown you could handle.

The fact that you will have income from employment helps a lot, because you always have a he opportunity to work harder.

Sure you can. you get into rental property, you can make more than than pre-tax. And if you get some leverage, you can make double-digit returns.

Plus, unlike index funds, it's actual spendable cash, not eating into your principal.

I plan on investing $200k CAD.

OP is working a wagecuck job and probably doesn't have enough saved up to get into real estate unless he gets together with others and does group investing in properties. But if he does group investing and doesn't put significant money down on the purchase they're renting out, his share on the ROI is likely going to be be below 5%. I mean even if he put down half of the money and was entitled to half of ROI, they'd need to guarantee 10% ROI to get him his desired 5%, and they'd still have to pay money routinely to cover maintenence, etc. So he's probably either not going to see 5% ROI or he's going to luck out and find some idiot willing to pay an absurdly high rent rate.

I don't know about all that. Doesn't take that much to get in, 20% down is all

Here's a random house I googled:

ohiocashflow.com/properties/marne-toledo

If he buys all cash, he's getting 11%. If he gets a mortgage with 20% down (12k approx), he could probably break 15%.

If I get a rental property and rent it out, I still have to pay for my mortgage, so I'll only break even.

I don't think so. That mortgage is only like 200 / month. Generally, mortgages boost roi, not the opposite.

If you're assuming 12k is 20% down, then the value of the property is $60 000. I doubt that you could get any decent property that's not a fixer-upper, let alone actually rentable, for that price.

>I also buy up lotto tickets for jackpots where no one won and resell them for normally $1.50 for a $1 ticket.

please explain this

investment grade debt yields %5 right now broski

Examples of IGD?

Literally what? I just posted a link to a specific property that's for sale right now

Is that property you listed actually desirable, i.e. is there actually a demand? Could I reasonably get $750/month for that?

From my experience, these types of companies can't fudge the numbers too much otherwise they'd be out of business.

I'm getting pretty much what was advertised on my rentals.