Stop shitting up our dying board

Can we please have a single sacred moment not shitting up this board and arguing over stupid shit.
I mean I know half sre you are underaged and on the bus but seriously.

What kinds of cars do you have the most enthusiasm for and why.
>classic american
>japanese imports
>euro luxury/sports
>modern american muscle

Boomers gladly welcome, I just want a nice thread without "BTFO" and "LEL KEK" everywhere holy shit.

I like 80s and 90s Japanese imports because in my opinion they look great and sound cool

And a handful of early 2000s ones like pic related*

Yeah user 90s jap engines just sound so clean to me idk what it is about the exhaust note but most of them are nice to me
ugh, ignore this child guys please

>What kinds of cars do you have the most enthusiasm for and why.
American tuner-type cars.
I always loved the idea of tuning an economy car up into something fierce. My father was ex-military and the only cars we ever had were GM or Ford, so I became extremely attached and nostalgic for American cars in general.
My biggest soft spot is the FWD GM cars with the 3100/3400 V6 engines.

lol

I enjoy Classic American cars.
They have character, they're loud and big and also my penis is average size.

Jap crap and classic American yachts, euro sports is cool too, and so is modern American muscle, but personally I don't quite have the same enthusiasm for those cars as much as the others. I'm more interested in the cars themselves in cases of classics, while with euro luxury/sports and modern American muscle I care more about the experience driving them. Japshit strikes a nice balance for me between enthusiasm about the vehicle itself and enthusiasm for driving the vehicle

Veeky Forums has ALWAYS been like this.

It's one of few general car forums. Most are specific interest. Car people feel very strongly about their particular tastes and shit on each other at any given opportunity. Add in the fact that we're on Veeky Forums and it is what it is.

And to answer your question I prefer pre-2008 Japanese sport compact coupes, the older and weirder the better. That said I like and would own plenty of US or Euro boxes that fit certain requirements: Not too heavy, RWD w/ LSD, manual trans, and ideally independent suspension all around. I have a weird liking of early-00s V8 Mustangs because they used to regularly stomp my shit when I had an RSX from 05 to 07 - their interior is disgusting though, but not a huge issue for me.

Yeah this period of american cars doesn't get enough attention probably because of "muh gm ubreliability". People never acknowledge the ew decent domestics of that era though.
>pic related SHO

DSM best burgershit.

True but I've never seen it happen at the rate it's happening right now.
I seriously feel like summer brought in a wave if Alphonse and Co. or something.

Is that a fucking Dodge Daytona? I love me some turbo mopars

That's a weird way to spell Z34

>Veeky Forums has ALWAYS been like this
This is wrong, it has slowly started to get worse. Pre 2013 Veeky Forums is best Veeky Forums

That's a weird way to spell Fiero

I like;

>older BMWs
>90's japshit, anything with a 6 pot and a turbo especially
>Fords, as in UK variety
>anything with an "interesting" engine, 5 pots, VR6's, rotashits, boxters etc
>tfw drive a turbo inline-4

Recently we got the Mustang available over here in right hand drive and it's YUUUGEEELY popular. I know Veeky Forums shits on them but i would murder a child for a right hand driver charger/challenger

>Is that a fucking Dodge Daytona?
MK3 Toyota Supra

>What kinds of cars do you have the most enthusiasm for and why.

>60's-2000's American
Big V8's and cool experimental hot hatch fighters
>80's-90's Japanese
Turn well and are lightweight

European cars are shit

If americans weren't so baitable things would be different

Just look how hard that cuck in the jeep thread is sperging

>murder a child
scum.
Kek jk but here in burgerstan if you're anywhere within 6 feet of ecoboost you are automatically an homoseks.

>T. Guy who rides a bicycle

>drawing attention to his own shitposting in another thread.
Like I said. Please Ignore.

I like a bit of everything, I can respect and admire anything from a simple corolla shitbox to merikan FREEDOM boats.

Personally prefer myself some older 7 series BMWs and such german luxobarges. They have this slightly exotic and mystical aura to them, movie villain feel, ya dig me.

the ecoboost 'stang isnt selling that well over here i think. Every one i've seen has been the 5.0.

90% of threads that aren't generals are either Alphonse shitposting threads or alfa shill threads.

Why do you think euro is shit? Reliability or just not your preference?

>Americans are so fat they cant ride a bike without hyperventilating

I drive a GMC Truck too

I get you.

the horror stories about the fuel tanks rusting out put me off a seven, but i could just stop being a total fag and get one anyway.

I guess that's true, it used to be much slower with fewer posters, most of whom were passionate about cars but not their "image." There's too much "that car is for [stereotype / race / gender]" nowadays. It took forever to get to 3 million posts... I guess ive just gotten so used to all this recent BS that I ignore it.

I don't ride bicycles because I'm not a faggot, I drive cars instead which is why I'm here. You however, just come to shitpost about things you know nothing about

I shitpost about Tesla and GM because I'm bored and have no life. I don't really care at all.

At least it isnt the original Termi, Dead, and their user sockpuppets.

Winter ball was a mistake

Or you could just like, Ignore him user and have a nice convo with the less autistic enthusiasts about your opinions...

Half a mil on my E38 750 and no problems here, it's my daily.

200k on my E32 750 with a plethora of problems. She's hanging around by the power of love though.

Then get one friend.
It isn't that hard, just go outside and start looking for shit to do.

yuronip shitboxes make me moist

Hard to do when you're just a lazy worthless shit like me lol

European cars have about the reliability of American cars but no speed to make up for it. Euro and Jap cars are sent over here to USA with cucc tier engines(E36 M3, 240sx, every 90's Honda, etc). With Jap cars yeah they are slow but lightweight makes up for it. Yurop is worst of both worlds. Slow and Heavy. Also unreliable and overly complicated.

I believe in you user.
You're still alive for a reason.
Nothing wring with a little bit of shitposting but letting an Indonesian Basket Weaving website consume your life is a true waste.
You're on an interest board at least so you must have somethibg you want irl.
Those kids shitposting on /b/ are acutal real-life lost causes.

Implying shitposting on Veeky Forums is any better

>implying shitposting on Veeky Forums is any better.
It takes at least a little bit of backrgound knowledge or interest to shitpost on a board like this.
No it's not any better but it puts you a step above them on the NEET scale.

Not to make it a personal blog but I do like photography and exploring/travelling. Also like dancing but there's nobody to do that with.

I do the shitposting here at a minimum and I'm not even trying to rule people up. I just had a moment of self awareness and realized I have nothing else going on when I act like that.

What about 90s hondas like type R integras or civics? The engines were powerful enough to be legitimate competitors in the sport compact world.

No, *blocks your path*, X X BTFO, How will X ever recover, X fangirls on suicide watch. Boom! You get a thread full of (YOU)''s. Sad that "people" enjoy this faggotry

gm a shit

See that's the thing there's pros and cons to anonymity here.
You don't have anybody to recognize you and make you feel like shit for expressing unpopular or ignored opinions, but then you can't stop and end up wasting way too much time.

nice ;^)

I like 70s, 80s and early 90s American land barges.

Yeah, I guess the Integra Type R and the 99-00 Civic Si are the exception. But since the Si (Civic and CRX) came to America in 1985 it has always had a significantly less powerful engine.

Guys what haplened to Geo?
I mean I know they got discontinued and everything but for what reason? They were amazing on fuel and decent on reliability for the early 2000s. So why?

Innovators. Engineering that spearheaded technology or went off the beaten path.

They were a division of GM that specialized in selling other companies' cars to American consumer. There were zero original Geo cars.

I like you.

I'm most into 80s/90s classic Japanese sports cars, because I grew up watching them zoom around in the UK and they have a huge nostalgia value in my mind.

To be perfectly honest, any car with a simple, honest construction and a look of genuine craftsmanship will earn my enthusiasm. My automotive spectrum is as varied as my musical tastes. I don't particularly like to adhere to one specific genre or group of anything. I love variety in all things.

what is this magnificent machine and what's the story?

I know more about cars than you

True, but like I said, I don't literally think Tesla is BTFO'ing anyone or that GM is all trash etc. I just post that shit cause it's funny to me for some fucked up reason. I never have actually gone into it with another poster for several minutes like it happens on here though. I'll just post a picture of a Tesla or this shitty image and then be on my way.

Based.

>I have autism
There user, was that so hard?

>GM BTFO

You cant make this shit up.

No. Fuck you.

>Stop shitting up our dying board
You're moms a dying board. he... hehehe...

No fuck you, especially you fucking subhuman yurocucks and third worlders.

It's a Czech Tatra 87, and along with the Tatra 77 it was one of the first aerodynamically styled production cars in the world. Tatra also employed a weight saving backbone chassis where the main member ran down the center of the car. The engines in both cars were rear mounted air cooled V8s, in the 87 they switched to an advanced magnesium alloy block for lower weight. And all of this before WW2 when everyone else was still making cars with running boards, upright radiators and upright windshields.

This shit was started LONG before winter ball 2016.

I like 1998-2004 Audis

I've driven a 2000 Audi A6 (pic not related) for 3 years and I just fell in love. I didn't really understand the appeal of Audi before I got one, but as soon as I sat down in it, I knew it was different than other cars I had driven. I've really gone down this rabbit hole of learning everything I can about Audi, especially around 1995-2005.

T. Falseflagging shitposter trying to start shit

It got FAR worse when that happened

>but for what reason?
The entire reason for Geo to exist was as a stopgap to satiate the public while GM got Saturn ready. Geo came into existence because Saturn was taking too long to bring to market. When Saturn finally arrived for the 1991 model year, Geo became redundant. Saturn was the import fighter. Geo just rebadged imports as American to calm people down while they waited for Saturn.

I have the most enthusiasm for Japanese cars because I know that literally no other manufacturer can compete. Just look at historically what companies like Mazda, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, etc... specialize in. It's high volume, low-cost, ultra-reliable econoboxes. They are so good at what they do that they don't even care about the luxury segment for the most part. But then, once you anger the dragon enough, they drop a vehicle like the GT-R which just completely annihilates anything American or European car manufacturers can make in a similar price range. I honestly don't know how anyone can buy a non-Japanese car with a serious face knowing how hard they would get BTFO by what most Japanese people consider to be a standard family vehicle used to get your kids to and from pre-school.

This

I like old japanese motorcycles, and old german square shitboxes.

>mfw realizing importers now getting CBR250RR's in the US

>mfw people actually ride 250s that dont rev to 20k

Yeah man, I had a 250 V Star for a while to save on fuel. A Virago is a lot more comfy than a two stroke scooter but used fuck all fuel.

The tiller that replaced it used a lot more...

this thread is fuckin gay

why do you all have hard-ons for daddy's shitbox when you were a child? are you all mentally ill? did life become shit for you after age 8 so you retreat into the past and surround yourselves with relics?

no wonder this board is dead. fucking autists.

>why do you all have hard-ons for daddy's shitbox when you were a child?
because good memories
>are you all mentally ill?
I mean maybe
>did life become shit for you after age 8 so you retreat into the past and surround yourselves with relics?
pretty much, but after 12 years old.

I probably have the most enthusiasm for older 4x4s

CJ2, 3, and 5, the Ford Bronco, land cruisers, and the like.

I like older stuff because of the simplicity and body style, and restomod is the way to go because you get the best of both.

CALLED IT

this board needs a purge of the losers. there are no good threads.
check catalogue:
>no f1 thread
>no rally/group b thread
>no gymkhana thread
>no top fuel thread
>no supercar thread
>no nitrous oxide tuning thread
whats the point in going online to discuss things you see and use every day? this board is for exotics and expensive shit beyond the reach of most of us

This board is for brand shitposting and USA vs Yurope vs Thirdies.

It's not top gear, fuck off m8

>whats the point in going online to discuss things you see and use every day?
Gee idk, maybe because that's what we have and can obtain.
>This board is for exotics and expensive shit beyond the reach of most of us
This board is literally for anything with wheels and an engine/motor.

also
>nitrous tuning thread
you'll blow the welds on your intake

Are you me? I'm pretty much obsessed with anything B4, B5 and B6-related. Conversions from FWD to AWD, V8 swaps, high power builds, they make for absolutely insane sleepers.
Also B5 Passats. Super common and stupidly cheap, but put an (R)S4 drivetrain in one and it'll drive everyone crazy on the Autobahn.

I've always loved E30 M3s. Not only because of performance, but also because it's very evocative of the 80s.

>discussion about automotive exotics between mutually interested parties
tards like you make it the flamewar because you're convinced your delusion is superior to others'

>Gee idk, maybe because that's what we have and can obtain.
everyone can obtain these shitheaps yet nobody but you wants to talk about them. you are underage

>This board is literally for anything with wheels and an engine/motor.
so we discuss trains now?

>you'll blow the welds on your intake
intakes are cast you fucking gaylord

>so we discuss trains now?
Not him, but we've had train threads and plane threads here multiple times.

Also
>not getting the FnF reference

>i dont know why modern Veeky Forums exists
heh

Nothing quite like the aesthetic of a classic American car.

I like 'em all :^)

for obvious reasons i lean towards classic american muscle, but i dont specialize. Cars are just cool.

I like motorbikes.

Hey I know that guy!!! He does alot of national stuff in the Midwest. Cool guy too. Always wears that weird hat though.
But seriously though this guy I definitely one of the best out there in terms of autox

>I just want a nice thread without "BTFO" and "LEL KEK" everywhere holy shit
If Veeky Forums actually had mods this shit wouldn't happen. I rarely even see janitors on Veeky Forums. We should talk to Hiro about getting some damn mods. The shitposting is escalating.

There's a really nice Dodge Challenger down the street from me a couple blocks.

I wanna get a closer look, see what year it is, what model, but I'm afraid I'm gonna look like a fucking vagrant, especially since I see it usually when I go for walks at night.

What's the fastest easiest way to identify year model on a Challenger? Not super knowledgeable on cars so any help woul;d be appreciated.

There's not a whole lot of variation between the years of Challengers. Top left is a 1969-1970, because it has one bigger grille. Top right is a 1971 because of the split grille. Bottom left is a 1972-1974, those ones are easy to tell apart from the rest because they're a little uglier. Bottom right is some gross 1978ish FWD rebadged Mitsubishi trash. The tail lights on each style are different.

As for the trims, the R/Ts will probably have R/T badges and decal, T/As will have T/A badges, etc.

4 door boomer mobiles and land barges general

cant go wrong

bottom right is RWD you mutt

So it is.

Either way, it's trash.

for what it is its not bad, but they shouldn't have called it a challenger

I love japanese imports to no end.The simplicity of the interiors and the sleekness of the designs (as well as how well they hold up) really draws me in, and I miss driving them.

In a moment of weakness and exhaustion, I grabbed a new Elantra about a year ago, and all I want is to go back and go buy another import instead.