So my car is shitting the bed and I'm in the market for a used car

So my car is shitting the bed and I'm in the market for a used car.

Was eyeballing a 2009 Pontiac G6 GXP. I wanted something that isn't gonna be hell on my insurance but something that's a little fun. I've heard a lot of good things about the Pontiac G8 GXP's but nothing for these ones. Are they good daily's?

I went to check out the car and it looks great and the interior is pretty damn good. How are these things?

Other urls found in this thread:

milzymotorsports.com/05-09-g6/
getoverkilled.ca/products.html
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=106&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d979&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=04210#listing=169218385
youtube.com/watch?v=VvXQ-zKStfM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone?

They are reliable and easy to fix/cheap parts. They are much more fun than a civic or subaru.

GXP's are relatively rare. I did see one today that caught my eye but I thought the grille was a little ugly.

For the right price and mileage I think it's a good buy.

Underrated sleeper car. Plus, you could do worse and purchase a hatchback.

What's wrong with your current car?

96k and they want 8k for it.

>underrated sleeper

How so? Is there a big aftermarket scene for these things?

Head gasket needs replacement (quoted $1300), transmission is slipping, rockers are rusted to shit and need replacing and there's rust on the frame.

Just done with it. Had it for a few years, ready to get something different.

Get a clean civic for 3k.

>quoted $1300
It's a $25 part. Fix it yourself faggot.

You're probably someone whose never done that before. Am I right?

8k and it needs a headgasket? What are you doing nigger?????

That thing will be literally worthless in 5 years. Not to mention it looks like a rat

They have ample power (250 HP).
Check for rust. If you don't see any, go for it but try to get it for 7K no higher.

Disregard the first part. I'm retarded.

Had a civic. They're boring, don't want one.

lol nice meme bruh :^)

No man. My car has a headgasket issue. The Pontiac has zero issues.

He was referring to his current car, nimrod. What do you drive?

The GXP will be way more fun than a boring ass civic. Not to mention a nicer look to go along with a smoother ride.

>The Pontiac has zero issues.
I'll believe that when me shit turns purple and smells like rainbow sorbet.

I've had purple shit before desu. Didn't smell very nice though

>Is there a big aftermarket scene for these things?
Nope. Nonexistent.
But the GXP got a 260 HP 3.6L V6 so there's that.

Just get a v6 Accord.

Actually what I'm driving right now. It's my gf's, but it's okay. Pretty boring tho. Also the interior is god awful. Like Dodge tier honestly.

Well there is some actuallymilzymotorsports.com/05-09-g6/

getoverkilled.ca/products.html

>more fun than a subaru

dont kid yourself

>4 banger n/a boxer

Oh how thrilling...im shaking just thinking about it

i would too except my car shakes enough for the both of us at idle

Take another look. Overkill doesn't support the G6 LY7 PCM.
And Milzy only offers headers for the 3.6. The 3.6 is completely unrelated from the 3500 V6 most G6's got. The only things they have in common are the number of cylinders and the V angle.

Fuck me sideways, I was thinking of the 3900

They are good cars but 8K is stretching it. The good thing about american cars is that they are all worth 2k after 10 years.

The G6 GTP got the 3900.
The G6 GXP got the 3.6L LY7.

On the other hand, the GXP was automatic only while the GTP did offer a 6 speed manual.

Consider a Grand Prix GTP too

Honda has good interiors. Idk what the fuck you're on about m8.

Way better than gm trash.

Keep in mind the g6 and g8 are completely different
One is a mid 2000's American slushbox
One is a late 2000's Australian car built on a phenomenal brand new chassis of the time with an LS strapped in
Get the g8 if you can afford it, its a much better car

Wish I'd bought a G8 GXP a few years ago when they were cheap... can't obtain a good one for less than $30k now

And it's the same story with the Solstice. Was $10k like 5 years ago and now they're $20k-25k. Ridiculous

>Pontiac G6 GXP.
is it the manual with 250hp?

IF so go for it.

the old ford 6 speed auto is decent but it will sap power and take a while to downshift as most old auto's do. should be pretty reliable tho

pro tip: g8 gxps were never less than 30k.

Australian here

Absolutely this. not only is the G8 cheap as fuck but its also extremely fun and easy to mod.

>b-but its australian
mostly sideways compatible with yank parts bin except for some fiddly interior bits

Even so, they had a steady depreciation schedule until Pawnteeack went bust. If it continued they'd be 15k now

>G8 cheap as fuck
Not really. They're still pretty expensive in burgerland. Here, those things hold value like a Swiss bank vault.

So? Go get the fucking thousands of other variations like the GTO, lumina or SS with the manual and lsx

>is it the manual with 250hp?
The G6 GXP was automatic only and 260 HP 3.6L.
You're thinking of the G6 GTP which had a different 3.9L V6 and 240 HP, which was automatic or manual.

The GXP is automatic only

>lumina

that was a FWD buick 3800 powered barge from the 90's wasn't it?

Truly. Same with the Solstice GXP Coupe... basically can not find them and when you do its stupid money

your an idiot, that car was the basis for the 1990s lotus carlton and 1990-2006 Commodore stupid cunt

eww gross

GTO also holding fairly well, and the SS didn't sell well here so it is really hard to find, harder than a G6 GXP. Also, we didn't ever get a good Lumina over here.

fuck off falcunt, shouldn't you be whinging on the /dat/ about how it's everyone else's fault your life is shit and trying to create drama for those tasty (you)'s because your shitty Commodore is in being fixed and that's the only attention you get

We never got the Lumina badged version. That was South Africa only.
In America, where the Lumina name originated, the Lumina was a mid-size FWD sedan built from 1990 to 2001. Pic related is the 1995-2001 body style. American Luminas had a few interesting engine options, non of them V8s.
2.5L pushrod I4 (1990-1993)
3.1L pushrod V6 (1990-2001, with an update in 1995)
3.4L DOHC V6 (1991-1997)
3.8L 3800 V6 (the Ecotec V6 to you Australians. 1998-1999)

succ off poopoofaggot
your loss

Trust me, I tried to. Only one near me is this;

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePage_false_0&formSourceTag=106&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d979&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=04210#listing=169218385

Oddly enough, my first car was a 92 Lumina Euro. It was a piece of shit. Wish I could find a z34 tho.

My 2016 Subaru Forester XT has 250 hp. And in S# mode corners ok.... AWD.

>Wish I could find a z34 tho.
God, the Lumina Z34 was fucking quick for the time. And that 3.4L V6 made one hell of a noise too. Fond memories...
youtube.com/watch?v=VvXQ-zKStfM

So I think I'm gonna go for it. Test drove the car and brought it to a local mechanic I trust, he said it's mechanically sound.

I'm really surprised. This thing is quick. I was looking into aftermarket tunes and stuff and there's no a whole lot, so that's a little disappointing but overall a decent car.

>gm autists derailing a thread with dozens of posts about a shitty 25 year old barge that didn't make it past the '90s

>I went to check out the car and it looks great

>that car
>looks great

Maybe you need to get your eyes checked or you just have shit taste.

Nice meme bruh. Le epic maymay xD

>autoshit gm econobox
>literally the most ugly car in the world, looks like a cheap shitty body kit on a g6. Those fucking buckteeth
get a civic si, wrx, clean 3series or just pretty much anything but this, not even joking get a cobalt ss or srt4 before you get one of these

2000 to 2001 would like a word with you.