How do I get to Heaven?

>How do I get to Heaven?

Jesus Christ: "If you want to enter life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17)

Every modern Christian ever: You just have to have faith and believe!!1

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sola_fide
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If unsure, do the hardest of the two

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sola_fide

kys

Before you try, listen to what's happening to me:

Could I be some kind of programmed soul AI or whatever? how does one know if he is a program himself if he is seeing he has no choice in life? I'm seeing supernatural events in my life left and right that seem to place me in a very dire compromising situation and everybody's calling me crazy, but it seems that whatever I believe affects real life and disgraces happen to mankind, it's like there are Gods destroying earth answering to my pleas of help but the rescue never comes to happen.

And I'm not sure if somebody evil is making me believe lies to destroy mankind by tempting me to believe this very lie and it seems like this came to me because of somekind of spell people made to me? It's real crazy but accidetns and disgraces seem to happen left and right the more I wait for this rescue.

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING TROLL, THIS IS FUCKING HAPPENING TO ME.

And don't trust that guy, because it seems like I came with that program inside just to send me to satan!

>Could I be some kind of programmed soul AI or whatever?
Stopped reading

If you wanna drink of water, you gotta get it from a well.

If you wanna get to heaven, you gotta raise a little hell.

Only prods say that

If you want to go to heaven no man can tell you how. Pray and follow the commandments and ask god how to get in. Live your life as he answers you.

Sola fide.

Otherwise, you're saying Christ's sacrifice was not enough.

What is more important, Jesus teachings or his death on a piece of wood?

an incorrect question

Jesus taught what would be good for us, not what would get us into heaven (other than the part about coming to him).

the Son of God's sacrifice as the atonement of all sin isn't just "death on a piece of wood", it is what will grant you heaven, and it's pretty fucking blasphemous to call it as such.

Jesus taught the Law of Moses. The New Covenant did not begin until He died and rose from the dead. Under the Law of Moses, there is no salvation, only crimes and punishment.

Jesus, and anyone knowing the difference between the Old and New Covenant, would tell someone under the Old covenant to knock themselves out trying to keep all 613 commandments perfectly.

It's impossible. Humanly impossible. The standard is perfection. These are Laws that God lives by, and we cannot match His holiness.

So after a person tries their hardest and fails to keep the commandments, in their despair they can choose to turn to Jesus for His mercy and grace, and find salvation therein.

For if we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in our heart God raised Him from the dead, we will be saved. (Rom. 10:9-10)

Nobody was ever found righteous under the Law; everyone in heaven, before Jesus and after, has Jesus' righteousness imputed to them by their faith in Jesus being Who He is, doing what He did, and raising from the dead.

If you call upon Jesus for salvation, He will not turn you away.

There are supernatural beings who hate you and wish your destruction upon you; they're fallen angels who do the work of the devil.

They lie.

Stop believing them.

If you want to be saved, you can do what is necessary to be saved, with God's help:

The reason you're not going to heaven is you don't know what to do to go to heaven.

Your church will not save you; it's the most evil institution on earth.

Neither. If Jesus does not rise from the dead, mankind has no hope of avoiding eternal torment in a lake of fire.

How do I get into heaven?

Certainly not by being a fucking Evangelical that's for sure

The Holy Spirit brings you in.

The same Holy Spirit that is in every evangelical Christian.

Maybe you would prefer hell.

Who do you think Jesus was talking to here?

I'll play him since he seems to have left.

Doesn't it count for everyone?

>Nobody was ever found righteous under the Law; everyone in heaven, before Jesus and after, has Jesus' righteousness imputed to them by their faith in Jesus
>everyone in heaven, before Jesus and after
>before

How does this make sense exactly?

By not worshipping a false messiah or following the ideas of polytheism some of his adherents claim to be true.

When Adam and Eve fell, they were told by the devil that they could use their knowledge of good and evil to be like God.

In order to show humanity that was a lie, God gave His Law to Moses. The harder you try to follow it, the more you realize you are violating it. And as you have to follow it perfectly, even breaking the smallest of the commandments is breaking the Law in its entirety.

Then Jesus came along to Jews who thought they had designed a way of life to avoid violating the Laws of Moses, and not only did Jesus shoot them down, but He added to the list.

If you want to be like God, not only do you have to follow the Law perfectly, which is trivial to God, but you have to do things like go the extra mile, turn the cheek, give the thief your cloak too, and have no dispute with anyone.

That's why they wanted Him dead.

He told them they were failures. And they were. Their God was at arm's length, and instead of throwing themselves at His feet, they picked up rocks to kill Him.

As to your time question, before Jesus there were the teachings of Moses and the prophets about the coming Messiah. Jesus is that Messiah. So if people believed Moses and the prophets, they believed in Jesus, because Moses and the prophets were speaking of Jesus.

Before Jesus, salvation was forward looking to the Messiah.

After Jesus, salvation is backward looking to the Messiah.

I don't believe you read the question properly. The question was not "How do I end up in hell with billions of muslims?"

>Messiah has to be descended from King David through the father's line.
>Jesus doesn't have a biological father

You been played.

>Polytheism isn't a sin guys
>Sins can go away just by feeling sad and worshipping me
>The law is for losers

Pretty sure you'll be the one to end up there

So all those people killed for collecting firewood on the sabbath it was just a big prank by god to teach them humans are imperfect?

Why?

Jesus had an adopted father, and that adopted father is an heir to the throne.

Jesus had a mother, and that mother is an heir to the throne.

Jesus did not come from the cursed line of Jeconiah, as Joseph did, and so is not disqualified, as Joseph was.

Jesus' Father is YHWH.

You've been played, not me.

Christianity
Polytheism

Pick one.

If you're following Mohammad, which I suspect you are, you'll end up in hell with Mohammad.

God killed their enemies.
God gave them bumper crops.
God gave them healthy children.
God gave them immunity to mold and mildew.
God gave them protection from wild animals.
God was their King, and provided everything for them.

Their part was to follow the Law, celebrate the festivals, and atone for their sins with the sacrificial system.

If your son's collecting firewood on the sabbath would cause the Assyrians to come into your town and slaughter every man, woman and child therein, would you then see killing your son as necessary, or no?

>pagan RP'rs talking shit to the only true abrahamaic faith faith

lmao

Yeah not a Muslim. They think Jesus was a prophet when at best he was a liar. Besides what do you call claiming yourself a god yet saying you serve YHWH.
The messiah has to be a blood descended and Women can't be heirs to the throne you idiot. This is basic. But you'll continue to lie to justify your immoral last lifestyle and actions.

Abraham walked with Jesus, talked to Jesus, entertained Jesus, and was friends with Jesus.

Your poor murderous psychotic pedophile will only see Jesus before Jesus throws him into hell.

Women with no brothers take thrones.

So do their sons.

But why follow the law when it serves no purpose but to prove man is imperfect. And why kill that imperfect man when he broke the law according to his imperfection?

There's really no difference between a Jew and a muslim dude.

Neither of you have a God, and both of you think you do.

Why execute a man for murder?

Why execute a man for treason?

So God just likes killing people over trivial matters? Like picking up some firewood or falling onto a box with some stone tablets inside?

Why even give the law in the first place? Why not just send Jesus instead of making the law?

Why would Jesus bother preaching at all? He could have just immediately died and then everyone would be saved when they have faith in him.

God says don't work on my holy day, or you will die.

I say okay.

You say, wtf God? Your rules are bullshit, fuck you.

You have a severe problem with authority.

How would you know you needed a savior unless you knew you were lost?

How would you know you were lost if there were no standard by which you could be judged?

Why would I take seriously the word of sociopaths who trying to induct me into their cult against my will using rank sophistry and superstition?

Ephesians 2:8
>For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

Romans 3:23-24
>For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and all have been justified freely by his grace that came by Christ Jesus

But what a surprise, the bible is riddled with contradictions. I'm just shocked. /s

I have a problem with people lumping all this confusing complex mental gymnastic dogmatic nonsense on a very simple, logical, common sense and straightforward philosophy and way of life which Jesus taught.
But literally nothing changes in your life or the way you behave if you drop to your knees and say "I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and savior" apart from you now walk around with the egotistical delusion that you're going to paradise when you die regardless of your actions.

Such a thing is not possible. Becoming a Christian is between you and God, and nobody else.

All have sinned

Some get saved

/ratheist hollers "contradiction!"

kek

Jesus did not teach Christianity. Jesus did not teach anything you can follow. Without any reference, you cannot tell me three things Jesus taught.

You are literally and instantly transformed from a spiritually dead human being to a Spirit filled new creation in Christ Jesus.

I'm simply answering OPs questions. The verses don't contradict each other, they contradict Jesus's quote in the OP.

average Veeky Forumsposters just love to scream "fedora," damn.

>Jesus did not teach anything you can follow.
"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".
A very plain, easy to get message which millions of people have been following throughout the millennia. It was not some rhetorical metaphor to make the Pharisees become befuddled, it was a direct command which any person can follow regardless of age, gender, race or culture.

Then why do you people proselytize here?
Ego?

No, they don't.

Jesus: Obey all the commandments perfectly.
Everyone: We can't. We're all sinners.
Some: Please save us.

“But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise.

See this list? This is the list of things you have to do ON TOP OF keeping ALL of the commandments PERFECTLY if you want to be like God on your own.

Have you, your entire life, always done for others as you wish they did for you? Have you always fed the hungry? Have you always clothed the naked? Have you always housed the homeless?

To sneak some more people into the Kingdom of God.

You don't know the joy I feel at knowing there will be 4channers in heaven because some of us dopey hard headed stubborn as fuck Christians proselytized here.

So literally ego, lol.

Joy is not ego.

Joy is Joy. Doing the work of my Father is Joy.

There is no such thing as haven. You will just die. That's it. End of the story. DOn't worry about this guy called Jesus

You are just some deluded redneck.

>How do I get to Heaven?

>Jesus Christ: "If you want to enter life, keep the commandments." (Matthew 19:17)

>Every modern Christian ever: You just have to have faith and believe!!1

Actually, you have to follow the diaries of your dead campire friends. Jesus becomes a thing after that.

>See this list? This is the list of things you have to do ON TOP OF keeping ALL of the commandments PERFECTLY if you want to be like God on your own.

The commandments are all summed up in love god and love one another.
>Have you, your entire life, always done for others as you wish they did for you? Have you always fed the hungry? Have you always clothed the naked? Have you always housed the homeless?
Nope. But God is merciful, I rely on his mercy to overshadow my sins, but as it says in the OT, God looks at the heart, he's concerned with the inward state of yourself, like Jesus said what comes out of you makes you unclean because they come from the heart.

The commandments are all based on Love God, Love People.

They get quite specific, based on both of those.

Have you always and at all times loved the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, strength and mind?

No?

Have you always loved everybody around you, at all times?

No?

Then you blow the commandments on a general level too. Like everyone else.

God's mercy was in providing a means of salvation through the death of His only begotten Son.

If you do not do what is necessary to obtain that salvation, based out of God's grace and mercy, do not count on God's mercy to save you.

You have already neglected it.

>They get quite specific
A lot of them are symbolic because the ancient Israelites loved symbolism, it was a way of conveying spiritual ideas to an archaic bunch of sheepherders. Wearing a shirt made of two different fabrics is a warning against interbreeding with other races (this is just my interpretation).

>Then you blow the commandments on a general level too. Like everyone else.
Jesus said that it is God's will for men to believe and obey Jesus. Jesus said that if you love him you will do as he commands. But Jesus also said that a man who is forgiven more will be more grateful than a man who was forgiven little. Jesus also said that no one is good, except God alone, and he didn't want to be called good.

That means Jesus lies or is wrong, because he says "keep the commandments."
If the process is "keep the commandments->fail->plea for salvation," and it is impossible to keep the commandments, then there's no reason for Jesus to not answer "Plea for salvation" from the start.

The real reason is Jesus wanted His people to dress royally.

It is God's will that all people are saved. Most people are not saved. Therefore God's will is not controlling, but yours is (for you). God will not save you without your consent.

Kings who are loved are obeyed; but He's not your King yet. You cannot love who you do not know, and you cannot obey someone else's king and consider yourself a subject.

Two men are saved; one from the pit of depravity and one as a child. The former will love Jesus more, as Jesus forgave the man more. It's just natural. A man forgiven $10,000,000 in debt is happier than a man forgiven of $10 debt.

No one is good but God; hence the need for God to transform us into something that can live with Him.

You are incorrect about Jesus not wanting to be called good; Jesus told that man "Why are you calling me God when you are going to disobey me?".

Keep the commandments, all of them, perfectly, and do everything else Jesus talked about therein.

When you grow up and realize that's impossible, look for an alternative.