My s2000 is running 100 RPMs lower than it should be and it's bugging the fuck out of me...

My s2000 is running 100 RPMs lower than it should be and it's bugging the fuck out of me. I replaced the injector coils like 5000miles ago. Could it be the fuel system needs to be cleaned?

sounds like a vacuum leak, also check butterfly valve position and as well as Idle Control Valve

>an actual answer on this board

t o p c u c k lolfag GTR best desu desu dae ae86?!? XDDDD

Smoke test the vacuum system faggot.

clean your TB and IACV then check vacuum lines. since its remote mounted and coolant fed, I'd recommend pulling the feed hose and spraying either intake cleaner or a foaming type cleaner (mopar CCC, amsoil powerfoam etc) and letting it sit.

However, vacuum lines give you free air and tend to bump your idle. With a MAP based speed density system, car will just compensate for the vacuum leak.

Check your EGR system.

When you have a good car. People (especially mechanics ) are more likely to help.

vac leaks usually give you a higher idle speed though

Op here. It just sits at 900 RPM at the light. When it should be 1000. And when I let off the gas and decelerate it goes down to about 400-300 before it goes back too 900.
I should add that it sometimes very rarely sits at 1000 RPM and it's driving me insane because I can hear the engine misfire a bit

does an s2000 really idle at 1k?

that seems awfully high but i dont know shit about hondas other than my civic that idles at 600rpm

also just about every car ive ever owned and driven idled at most 800rpm, unless i started it in cold weather in which case it would idle at 1100 till warm

>My s2000 is running 100 RPMs lower
meh
>I can hear the engine misfire a bit
no cause for concern here, just throw some pic related in it, then change the oil and Italian tune up

The engine redlines at 9k so it's normal for it to ideal at 1000

>good car

literally has 0 power until 6000 rpm, you LITERALLY have to rev the shit out of it to have more power than a civic

>literally has 0 power until 6000 rpm, you LITERALLY have to rev the shit out of it to have more power than a civic

Thats why my first and only test drive with an s2000 was so fucking awesome. Probably the best ride i ever had.

Its too damn expensive. Especiall vsa models. Else i would have getted it day 0

What does idling mean?

just when you leave it in Neutral?

The point of the engine is its bad side!

>900 RPM at the light. When it should be 1000.

800+/-50 rpm as per service manual

It does not, OP is retard

Yeah it's very clear that VTEC kicks in at 6000rpm

You must tank the premium fuels op for the premium feels

They can also cause low or inconsistent idles. My monte Carlo popped off it's accessory vacuum line cap and we had to DIY a replacement because without it the car would low rpm shake at idle, die occasionally, and even self accelerate at low speeds

This
A high revving engine has to be revved high!? WHAT THE FUCK WAS HONDA THINKING!??!?!?!?

>fucking retarded engineering
>I definitely know better than a team of 50+ people with millions of dollars and a constant supply of cars

Fucking KILL YOURSELF

>that wheel well

jesus christ
did someone let a tard with a framing hammer loose on it or something

Yeah previous owner was a fucktard. I've had to go back over everything he fucked up on it.