ITT Your childhood heroes that are dying before your eyes

What killed them, what do you think would bring them back to life?r

I would like them to come back but they might do the same retarded shit that Subaru did to their once great car

Middle class got rekt, SUV shine, women appealing car, not enough petrolheads. Mitsubishi is a symbolic reminder of an era, just like rockabilly.

>nissan

wtf happened to all japanese car makers they are all garbage now

Mazda is good

good at what? They literally make nothing interesting at all

Appreciating yen and lost generation probably

Nissan fucked itself way back yonder when they used the Datsun name. The cars were always reliable, easily on par with Honda and just as good as Toyota.
In terms of offerings I can't think of any thing Honda, Toyota, or Mazda offered in the states like the z or the 510.

But then Nissan changed Datsun to Nissan and I think lost a lot of brand recognition. The also did stupid shit like build a world class performance car, but make it wrong hand drive only, while offering a lesser sports car in the largest market.

It is as if Nissan had the best engineers and everybody else was less intelligent than a retarded dalmation.

M-MX5

I think nissan just went full yolo mode and spent all their r&d on sports cars during the 90s, they even said fuck you americans we're not converting to shit hand drive just for you fat fucks we dont even want your money. And when the jap economy crashes at the millenium they lost all their business and had to let those french snail eating faggots buy them out

They make cheap, eco reliable shitboxes. Nothing more needed for go to work and grocerie getter car.

Also rx vision

What exactly happened to Mitsubishi, bad management? It's like one day they just died.

BMW, please no, what ae you doing...

d-don't do that

OH NOES fuccbois from a low profit market don't care about mitsubishi anymore because they stopped selling a car they couldn't afford anyway

VAG was a mistake

Not a bad car that,

parroting fuck.

>oh no the brand now has a product that is not geared towards enthusiasts
The ///M is still there and as great as ever. Fuck off.

what are you 90 years old?

just not a fan of ///M being attached to a 320 diesel

None of them are.

M sport packages

They didn't share a platform with VW until 2007.

These are just trims you contrarian busrider. M models are still there, stop being a retard.

These exist since forever

Thats bullshit

their car interiors (first gen Mazda3 at least) were the best of the econoboxes because it was simple, while Toyota was barely a step up to Hyundai, and Honda has the digital speedometer already.

dunno about now because the Mazda car exteriors look too angry for me now, although it's definitely still better than Toyota and Honda simply because it only looks bland/angry instead of some stupid ricer look.

>They didn't share a platform with VW until 2007.
Are you sure about that?

This. Apart from the MX5 staying true to its roots, the rest of the range is uninspiring vaanilla flavoured tripe.
This. At least in terms of 4x4s Toyota is still churning out some neat toys. Nissan however... well look at the current "Pathfinder". The only paths this thing is finding is a footpath.

The B1 and B2 Passats also shared their platform with th B1 and B2 Audi 80.

>At least in terms of 4x4s Toyota is still churning out some neat toys.

>Current gen Tacoma doesn't even have a boxed frame

Mazda isn't good until they reveal a new Mazdaspeed and a new RX. Or at least some sort of sporte coupe bigger than a Miata. New MX-6 would be nice.

The Chevy S10 didn't have a full box and they are great trucks, honestly if you have a 1/2 ton truck why bother with a full box.

Toyota they literally stopped caring about making anything fun right after they discontinued the mr2. Now they half ass any "sporty fun car" they make and they need help doing shit like that like will Toyota ever recover?

Why does everybody hate the WRX?

It looks sexy as fuck.

Not trying to be edgy, but I'd say it looks like a quintessential fuccboi-racer 90s car.

That will never happen senpai

Mitsubishi is not dying, they're just selling diffrent kind of cars

I

Mitsubishi conceded the profitless car market to the other Jap makes.

Mitsubishi still makes a ton on other industrial goods, going back to their roots.

think OP mean dying in the sense that they lost all their former 20 century glory, for the petrolheads. Mitsubishi is not making a single interesting car for the past decade (or more).

>Bring back Eclipse name
>it's a crossover

Whoever did this is an asshole.

Just wait until they turn one of these into an "Evo".

Mitsubishi isnt a conglomerate it's a buch of independent companies using the same name and logo

A combination of things: 2008 happened, and then the Mitsubishi emissions scandal happened. Now they're owned by RNA.

the facelift for the Mirage was much needed DESU

The 4th gen Pathfinder really is bullshit. They should have based it on the current Navara.

Speaking of which, it's pretty weird the US doesn't get the current gen Navara. The new Frontiers being sold here are still on the 2nd gen which is 13 years old now.

They will replace it in 2019.

I disagree, i think the 12-15 front fascia had better lines. The 2017 grilles look like shit to me. All the chrome trimming around the fogs and radiator grille just clashes with the roundness with the rest of the car.

Still, I think in a couple years (for technology sharing and development purposes) we're gonna see some promising "enthusiast" cars shared between Mitsubishi and Nissan.

A new Starion, the Colt. Those would help if they really pushed them with good marketing.

>A new Starion, the Colt

I dunno, I think it's actually better the Starion and Evo are dead after seeing what Mitsubishi slapped the Eclipse name on..

Sorry about your domestic market.
The rest of the world enjoys Hilux, Fortuner (Surf), Prado, J70 Landcruiser and J200 landcruiser. All sold along side each other with fully boxed frames and diesel options.

As much as the mid-2000's WRX/STI's were iconic cars, the new ones literally look like riced-out Camrys.

Especially when taking into account the new D23 Navara already has a multilink coil sprung rear end option, I'd have thought it'd be a no brainer.

It needs to be un-camryed, I love subie, but good god, it looks like an angry camry.
BMW has been following this trend slowly since 06 and I fucking hate it.
It's been earlier than that, the mk1 tt shares a lot of shit with the mk4 VWs
Im curious to see where they go, the eclipse is becoming a crossover, so I dont think it's anywhere good.
Nissan should have died after the last r34 rolled off the lot.

>Nissan should have died after the last r34 rolled off the lot
Or carry on killing it with the R35 successor... Which they've done.

I don't like anything from nissans line-up, The GT-R is the best thing they make, but I hate how it looks, the engine is nice.
Nissan as a whole is kinda shit, none of their cars look good or drive well, the juke and cube are great examples.

Bump

Evolution will be a trim package if anything

>What killed them
Too much money in the way they compensated management decisions. That created a widespread corruption starting in the 1980's. When managers get close to retirement, they want to look good, and so make shortcut decisions that enhance short term profits to boost their career achievements and thus have higher retirement rewards. Those decisions had nothing to do with long term health of the company. As a result, the company continually suffered from repeated small and large scandals that caused japanese buyers to lose confidence in the mitsubishi motors. That translated to severely declining sales year after year.

Despite upper management assurances that it won't happen again, of course problems continued. The corruption continued. Finally, the company got caught putting out cars that didn't meet the published performance specs and a few years later got sold to its competitor primarily for its distribution network and dealer network locations.

The USA congress is somewhat similar. Many, though not all, of the representatives and senators considers their personal careers, kickbacks, influence peddling, and personal biases more important than it is to serve country. Voters are simply an inconvenience to be fooled in order to remain in office.

It mostly depends on what is economical for the US factory to produce and then whatever they can't produce that is seen as necessary for the market is imported. The US plant must be able to produce the 3rd gens cheaply and efficiently enough for them to not move onto the next gen, and the new Navara is only being produced in Thailand, Spain and Argentina, so it may not be best to import them (especially as it would cannibalize sales of the US-produced model).

I think Mitsubishi's main market is the heavy industries in Japan. They make a lot of box trucks and the like. I drove a 2003 Lancer(eco model, non sport) for 8-1/2 years, never had an issue. Just wasn't a good looking car and had no standout features.