I'm buying a 93 300zx tt this weekend, what am in for and are there any tips I should know before working on it?

I'm buying a 93 300zx tt this weekend, what am in for and are there any tips I should know before working on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

conceptzperformance.com/ep-racing-8qt-pro-outlaw-racing-oil-pan-nissan-300zx-90-96-z32-11110-epr-8qt_p_15168.php
specialtyz.com/shop/sz-vg30de-tt-oil-pan.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

TWENTY-ONE FEET OF INTAKE PIPING

>what am in for

Discovering why it was sold by the previous owner

Nice driveway ornament

Don't do it!
Z32 is a bigger money pit than a blonde with a shoe fetish!

Wait till you figure out what you need to do to replace a headlight bulb lol.

fuck the haters !!
Just get it, you will love it.
Work on it with your own hands, learn to become a master mech. Trust me SENPAI.

You are in for motoring pleasure. And failed injectors, but that's nothing.

If it doesn't have maintenance records get ready to spend $4-$6k catching up with years of abuse.

Here is your EASY 500hp mod road
>nistune
>e85 pump and injectors
>dual intake filters
>down pipe
>exhaust
>boost controller
>intercoolers

Congrats, you now have a 500hp car. They are maintenance heavy because 1- they are old as fuck. 2- they have been neglected by spics and poor teenagers.

Make sure to replace almost all the suspension bushings. It will need them.

Ohhh I forgot OP. If it hasn't had the FULL. MOTHER FUCKING FULL 120k kit done, either do it right away or pass on the car. Most of the issues with the Z come from people not doing the maintenance. Once they are maintained they are fine. They also are prone to rod knock (though this has been fixed but it's not cheap: oil pan upgrade, oil filter relocation, and upgraded cooler). They don't get auto rod knock, just when you run too much boost on pump or track it (real track) hard.

don't buy it unless you have a DD because this thing will be in the driveway 9/10 of it's life

>something only poor people say
I DD mine with 600whp. Well mostly DD sometimes I grab the other car. I have had it for years. Just gotta make sure you don't buy a piece of shit then keep it a piece of shit. The 300zx TT also doesn't do well with cheap ebay parts.

Nice one.

remove engine and put in an rb

Yeah make it worse!

I plan on keeping it stock as possible so nah

what

ok have fun having a stock car that doesnt move

>put in a smaller and shittier engine cuzz muhh skyline!!!!
It's not 2001 anymore faggot. The VQ can easily make over 1000hp.

yeah and its just as hard to work on as the stock engine, an inline 6 is easy as piss to work on

LOL.... Sure faggot.

>everything you would need to work on is on top or in front of the motor
>hurrrr I can't work on the side of the block for absolutely no reason
KYS moron.

>thinks swapping in an RB is better than just working on the VG

The VG shits all over an RB faggot. Life isn't the FnF

>swapping out a 3.0 liter that can do 500hp in stock form easily
>for a 2.6 liter

god damn you two have to be trolling

You're just dumb. The rb is not better than the vg30 anymore. It's actually worse. Once you upgrade the oil pan on a vg, you can run 800whp all day. And you can even keep your ac and not have to hack up the car and put an rb in it.

No. Its an autists that thinks that since its 2017 that the VG magically became reliable.

It's plenty reliable. But what would I know, I just build them and RBs for a living.
>17 year old gets 300zx turbo for $5k
>puts in boost controller
>cranks it to 18lbs
>gets rod knock
>err mahh gaawwddd vg unreliable!!!!!!!

Literally 10 years of this. We upgrade oil pans in vg's and upgrade the oil cooler, they run super reliable. Throw in e85 and we hit 1000hp with no problems at all. We've been on the same engine for 3 years now. More reliable than our RB cars. Both can be good, but to put an RB in a 300zx Z32 is fucking retarded and a waste of money. Only spergs and teenagers think it's "better."

Oh great
Its another "i know everything" tripfag
Awesome...

I've been here for like 8 years faggot. How new are you?

And you wonder why people say nissan scum

This. I swear to fuck Nissan makes it an absolute bitch to replace headlight bulbs on their cars

LMAO

Too bad 99% of people in this thread don't have a clue since no one has ever done any kind of maintenance or worked with cramped engine bays

>same fag forcing the same meme
YAAWWWNNNNNNN. Hows your mazda?

What do you think about the NA VG? I have a 93 300zx I'm planning to TT. I was gona go the front clip way since I live in phx and concept z performance sells from clips from Japan for $3200. But they stop selling them recently and there's a few ppl who know more abiut this stuff telling me to turbo the NA VG it can handle it

>implying
I have a toyota
More than on person thinks you idiots are scum

With e85 you can easily make the NA turbo and pretty reliable, just gotta get a nistune and throw it on a dyno with a proper tune. We have grabbed junker infiniti vg's and turbod them for fun to test the limits. We hit 550whp pretty reliably. But the motor was old as fuck.. But an NA on it's own will NEVER be fast. Well not without nitrous, and lots of it. We had the fastest road legal NA (without nitrous) for a while. It's still slow as fuck. I think Z1 is now faster by like a 1/10 or two.

IPP sells great engines. They are a little pricey but they are all new parts, and OEM shit. AND they have a warranty. Kyle is the owner, he's very helpful. He was building drag 300zxs in the 90s.

Yea I heard the NA does respond well to upgrades so I have a simple JWT pop charger and exhaust for now and I'm saving my money for the turbo swap. I know its gona get expensive so I'm most likely gona have to wait a while before I start thing about a new motor.. One last question can you go into detail about the VG and the oil problems they have? I never heard of that before and i think I remember you talking about it last time in a different thread. What exactly do I need to upgrade or replace

Does not respond well*

>Once you upgrade the oil pan on a vg, you can run 800whp all day.
What kind of upgrade are referring to?

It's just an oil hitting the bearing problem. There's a long story about it but basically the track they tested the z32 on had a lot of turns going in one direction so they didn't notice the bearing were starved when going the other way. The OLD way (by Stillen) was just a big hose that allowed oil sloshing to one side of the pan to be flung over to the other side. Simple but ugly. Now, just get a moroso pan which has a different design (and holds more oil), get an upgraded cooler. Good to go. We relocate the filter (to wherever you want) and use upgraded ford sized filters.

You're fine to 6-700whp without it. But it's also a risk at any level. So if you can, do the upgrade. Some people have reported leaking on the pan, we had that issue once out of TONS of them, just gotta use that good red nissan sealant.

I'll definitely add it to the list. Its pretty straightforward and would be one less thing to worry about. Thank you

>thinking you're even the least bit significant whatsoever

I dailied my mostly stock z32 all last year with zero issue. I guess your first-hand experience didn't go quite as well?

What oil pan are you referring to? Serious. Is this something HZA make yourselves? I'll need one soon.

lol don't lie. Enjoy your cheap FCs

conceptzperformance.com/ep-racing-8qt-pro-outlaw-racing-oil-pan-nissan-300zx-90-96-z32-11110-epr-8qt_p_15168.php

;)

Not him but, the FC btfo the Z32.
But you knew that

Read the rest of the thread and noticed that haha. Thanks!

samefag
if not, post a pic of your toyota with a CF memory card on it.

Also this specialtyz.com/shop/sz-vg30de-tt-oil-pan.html

Nice. Shame about the core charge. I've met Greg and Seb and they are good dudes. Will have to weigh the options.

Yeah core charges always suck. But they need them to modify existing pans, or else they would cost like a grand.

Looks like the SZ pan can use the stock oil filter tree? That'd be a plus. I can pick up a core from a friend here in town.

UNless they've changed something, you should be fine. We've gotten boners for running oil coolers near the rear spare tire indentation and ford filters relocated. But that's mostly because of the EP pan (which is "no longer available"). There are still some floating around. We're just experimenting with random shit though. It's still fine in the front mouth.

Thanks for sharing your expertise. Oil pan is on my radar now.

No problem. Any errors can be blamed on me being ..... tipsy... this evening! Good luck with the Z. I'll post in Z threads when I can. Basically if you see an user calling someone stupid for shitting on the Z car, it's probably me (but not always).

BTW be on the look out later in the year for our R32 to be a fun little toy!