Why would you ever buy an MR2 over one of these beauties?

Why would you ever buy an MR2 over one of these beauties?

Other urls found in this thread:

newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/6046501088.html
nwct.craigslist.org/cto/6083107937.html
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/6077131244.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Muh jdm
Muh dentist
Muh hairdresser
Muh not a real Porsche
Muh girl car

Did miss any non arguments that Veeky Forums parrots?

Cannot be matched, period.

>not muh IMS

Cheaper, lighter, smaller. Maybe they don't want a Porsche. Maybe they're scared of IMS bearing failure. Maybe they want affordable aftermarket support, or any aftermarket support at all.

IMS is a legitimate concern even if it's overblown on here

IMS will have probably failed at this point if they're going to.

Probably but the issue is more or less garage queens

But many people don't know that and believe that IT'S GOING TO FAIL RIGHT WHEN YOU NEED THE CAR MOST.

There's a middle ground between paranoia and shrugging things off

I know. I like 986s, I know the IMS bearing is an issue and I know it's a pretty cheap and easy thing to fix/prevent.

120k miles going strong

lol pre-cats

And lol 1ZZ oil burning, by extension.

My point was it's still a legitimate concern whereas "haha it's not a real Porsche and only driven by numale cucks" is just complete shitposting

True. Veeky Forums is mainly shitposting these days anyway.

Mm, people say that about every board but this one has fallen further than any other I frequent and that includes /v/

Meant to quote

What's so "non-Porsche" about Boxsters? They're still rear engines-rear wheel drive right?

I don't get why Porsche fags sperg so much about these and give the cayenne a pass.

Porsche literally started the "not a real Porsche" thing to sell more 911s

They're not rear-engine. They're mid-engine.

First water-cooled flat 6, and the engine is in the middle rather than in the rear.
The front half is pretty much identical to the 911 of the same generation, but instead of rear seats there's an engine behind the front seats and a trunk behind that.

Also Cayman is MR which is superior to RE which is why the Cayman had to be neutered so it didn't compete with their expensive flagship. Also also legitimate Porsche fans would know about the cars and not shit caymans/boxsters because Nuuuhhh not a reeeaaaallll porschUH

RR** phone updated its OS and fucked my autocorrect

The RUF 3400S was literally a 986 Boxster with a 996 engine in it

It outperformed the 996 in every single way

>hardtop
>not the stock fastback design
user...

The 986 never came in coupe (Cayman) form.

>stock fastback design
Are you talking about the Zeintop? That shit's expensive

Reliability and cost of maintenance

Pretty fucking God tier though

i always assumed the 996 hardtop could transfer over?

Pretty good on both occasions actually

lol no, they're completely different to accommodate the rear seats in the 911

MONEY.

Not only is an mr2 initially cheaper, but it's not a money pit every time somthing goes wrong.

ITT Op asks questions so retarded his mother hopes he buys a vette so it beaks down in the desert and he can kys.

You can get a 986 for well under $10k and they're pretty reliable and inexpensive to work on

Also they don't rust like MR2s do

Too bad they sell more SUVs now than 911s

And they're also not on the verge of bankruptcy

>Too bad
Selling rebadged SUV's keeps the company afloat.

It's really weird to me that someone would pay the meme tax on a S2000 instead of getting a Boxster/Cayman.

reminder that careful application of heavy tint vinyl makes this very nice looking semi-997 look to the headlights, without covering the turn signal completely

downside it that this only really works with black paint, you could use colored vinyl for other paint colors but you'll lose the turn signals without getting creative

>rebadged
actually the cayenne and macan feel way different than their vw stablemates. they're the only two crossovers i would ever consider "fun to drive"

Hnnnnnnngggg

I've driven them both and I can see the appeal, the S2000 handles like a dream on the track

But for a car that you drive every day Boxster and Caymans blow it out of the water

But the face lifted headlights didn't even look bad

Taste and all that shit.

I'd rather an aw11 than a 944/924/etc. I'd just rather an sw20 than the porsche. I think the mr2 is better looking, + muh yota reliability and parts availability

They make headlight covers for that

I would buy a Fiero over that.
And over an MR2

>Rather have a Fiero over a Boxter
Explain yourself.

the problem with the covers is that they bulge out from the fenders and look really weird, with vinyl it just looks like body lines

He's a poor le edgey faggot

I'm a dirty GM whore

I'm a dentist and I almsot bought one. Whats the meme?

>poor
Actually, a decent condition Fiero can cost as much as a used first gen Boxster

MR2 has a roof.

>go to CL
>80k original mile fiero, pretty clean
>$4,500
>second one for $6k
>posted over a month ago, no one will buy it

>type in boxster
>cheapest POS one
>$9000
>60k-80k mile boxster
>$11,000-$14,000
Okay then.

newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/6046501088.html
nwct.craigslist.org/cto/6083107937.html
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/6077131244.html

LOL so?

>decent condition now means the absolute lowest mile ones that exist
LOL, reaching this hard. Of course morons are going to ask absurd rates for a car from the 80's with 20k or less miles. Do you have any idea what a boxster will cost with that low of miles in 15 years?

>grasping at straws to justify being poor and having fedora taste

There was a dealer nearby selling one for $26k, but it sold.
>paying 26k for a Fiero

>Iron Duke

Yeah, I used to own a 2003 S2K. I've been thinking about getting a late-AP2 as a second car now (I live in the Pacific NW and driving the AP1 in the rain was dicey at best, so the traction control would be welcome), but the prices getting up there with a 987S, which is kinda silly.

Because I don't want a convertible and I don't want to deal with Porsche maintanence. Besides, my MR2 blows any porsche boxters asshole wide open.

The one about not being able to afford a 9/11

because the interior is god-awful. like, GM tier awful. what the fuck was porsche thinking.

t. zzw30 owner

the spyder is a much nicer car to be inside of, maybe if the boxster had an interior that wasn't complete shit i'd be tempted to own one.

because i dont want to buy a car that can be mistaken for literally any other car in the fucking brand
also
>midlife crisis

>picks worst colour on lowest trim
>awful
lol, this is what most of them look like

Because Paul Walker didn't fucking die in an MR2.

For almost $60k msrp, that's pretty shit too.

I really like the look of the 1st and second gen mr2 but I find the turd gen super ugly.

Because the MR2 is 1/5th the price, will last much longer, parts are much cheaper, and is much more reliable

Why would anyone buy a used Porsche?

this.
I was looking for a clean zzw30 for ages.
I did not even once consider a porsche.
Not to mention MRS has more aftermarket and is way lighter and doesn't have porsche tax.

i used to be like you but once you see third gen and drive it you'll soon realize it's really goddamn good looking and has best handling out of all three.

Bitch about looks all you want but the interior doesn't rattle or squeak on 20 year old high mileage cars
>nah man I can totally tell the quality just from looking at pictures on the internet

>all of that cheap plastic

lol pre-cats

I'm honestly surprised of zzw30 interior. I've been driving a lot of toyotas and zzw30 interior is land cruiser tier. Sure its all cheap plastic but all the plastic is thick and there is not one single rattle on my 15 year old car.
not an issue. The failure is extremely rare and if you find one that has good pre cats you can simply remove them and prevent the only problem with zzw30's from ever happening.

>curb weight 2195 lbs
I guess that I can live with its ugliness

sw20 best mr2

prove me wrong

>protip: you cant

The T-top leaks and it's the most common version of the car.

its honestly not that ugly, especially facelift.
they're all good.
zw30 still reks it in handling and weight and reliability.
sw20 is possibly the most fun tho

I'm driving a MRS and I'm pretty happy. Agile, good feedback, light. Burning a little oil, but that's okay so far an constant since 20k miles.
Wanted to get a Mustang Ecoboost this spring, but I'll stick with the MRS now to autumn

>Maybe they want affordable aftermarket support, or any aftermarket support at all.
The boxster has a very good aftermarket support, it is pricier though.

I like the way the 996 looks. which i guess is good as its the only 911 i can afford.

In all honestly all three of those look pretty cheap.