/eagg/ - East Asian Genocide General - Why Didn't Anyone Make the New Thread Edition

Last thread: Pastebin for newcomers: pastebin.com/d4kmz03P (embed)

What we know so far:
-Dynasty Warriors 9 confirmed, Zhou Cang is playable, Shu officer.
-DW9 will be open world. We may or may not get a lot of newcomers. Everyone from 8XL and Xun Yu from Empires will return.
-Musou Stars is slated for March 30th in Japan, William is the last character.
-Warriors Orochi may or may not be phased out.
-Berserk Musou is out. Thirty frames of carnage at your fingertips.
-Fire Emblem Musou confirmed, Chrom is playable.
-Fate Extella: The Umbral Star is out.
-Sanadamaru confirmed for localization, named Spirit of Sanada and no Vita version
-Godseekers is out. Vita users abandon ship.
-Toukiden II is slated for March.
-People from /v/ don't know we're alive. Rally them when the threads pop up.
-As long as no one has a problem with your posts, feel free to discuss anything you think belongs to the general.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan_II:_Clan_of_the_Gray_Wolf
youtube.com/watch?v=5CdJY0X63wM
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-3xiT2HaI
youtube.com/watch?v=Pqdofk3FWBs
twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?460314-Osaka-May-7th-1615-The-greatest-victory-ever-in-the-Se-no-Japanese-history!
gematsu.com/2017/03/musou-stars-dena-yokohama-baystars-free-costume-collaboration-dlc-announced
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DADUDU

yall dummies had like 20 minutes to create a new thread

I made a long ass post before but got no replies...

Anyway, I'll try to make it short this time, hopefully someone will reply.
I'm kinda autistic. Can't stand the dialogue box text in the middle of the screen in vanilla sw4. NOT the objective graphics you can turn off, the dialogue text box itself. It covers the action.

They fixed this in II. So I bought it, thinking it's the xtreme legends equivalent and planned to play it as my first sw. Then I hear from people here it's bad. The question is, is it really? Is it THAT bad? If I have never played the original or any sw?

kek

>thinking it's the xtreme legends equivalent
That's the problem. People say it's bad because it removed features rather than adding on to it like what DW8XL did.

The thing about 4-II is that it assumes you know who the original characters (Nobunaga, Hideyoshi, Ieyasu etc) are and thus the story mode only covers the new characters which might get confusing.

judeau stronk

I would've made a new thread, but someone else always makes one and it ends up with 2 generals (the one I made and the other). It happened to me five times in Veeky Forums so I just stopped.

user please.

I see.

I'm properly fucked then cause I don't. I mean, I kinda know who they historically are from shogun 2 and a bit of wikipedia but as to how they are in the koei games, I have no idea.

I'm starting to think I may be too stupid for this game, how do you level up facilities? By bulding the right ones next to them?

I've never gotten the hype for the SoI games, they seem so needlessly complex where as ROTK13 is easy to learn, but hard to master.

So, I guess I will have to suck it up and play through the original's story and move to II for free battles/fun/everything else. I own it, so it's not that big of a deal but man, the fucking text box in the middle of the screen... It triggers me to a crazy extent. Just why...

I could also emulate 3 or 2 but I really don't feel like playing classic style warriors at the moment.

KAHMEAL!

its the first button on the first fold out that looks like a castle. when you click it you are then asked what castle's districts you what to improve, then it asks what facility in particular. In the tooltips it tells you what you should be investing in for each facility.

blue is how you upgrade castle

facilities level up (produce more) when the things they need, like water control for farms, is high enough. there are facilities that give bonuses to stuff like water control to nearby facilities, and while they're nice they are not needed since you can just raise the stuff yourself through investments

Honestly, don't worry about knowing how to do everything right away. It's easier to figure out what to do the more you play, so using the auto feature early on takes the load off a bit. Once you know the game enough that you can tell the AI control is completely retarded, you're ready to do a lot of the stuff on your own. At least until you control so many cities that you're forced to automate a lot of the stuff again.

>just got Berserk platinum

finally, fuck eclipse mode.

Congrats. Still slogging away myself. I've completed Eclipse mode with Guts, Zodd, and as of yesterday Caska.

The last 20 levels as Caska were absolutely hell. It can't get any worse than that... r-right bro?

Casca and Judeau are the worst ones but you can cheese bosses with their T1s using dash cancelling.

Thanks man it turns out I was talking about being a land holder, now I got promoted to Chamberlain and everything makes sense.
I assume you're talking about the delegate fuction which I will unlock later on?

why is cao pi depicted as a dumb ass toward the earlier parts of the series? I thought he showed pretty good intelligence when he was alone or after succession.

He was hiding his power level.

You got tricked

Pi was just a loyal and loving son/brother. Pi was the one most devestated by Chongs unfortunate death, as seen how he stayed up the entire vigil. Pi had a love for poisonous snakes but Chong and Pi himself were bitten by poisonous rats that also happened to have killed all the cats so clearly Pi was innocent.

So, having played wei and and currently playing wu in 8, first dw game I've seriously played.

Guan Yu seems to be the biggest asshole so far. Muh brother. Should have given the land promised to wu. I don't feel bad that they betrayed him at all. Fucker had it coming.

Congrats on being redpilled on the three kingdoms.

Everyone hates Guan Yu here but the "god of war" was doing the right thing, if he had just given back the province Shu would have lost all his relevance. Now while Liu Bei was a con artist and managed to bullshit excuses to not give it back Guan Yu did the only thing he knew and waged war like a prick.

Threadly reminder that Ieyasu is feces.

Threadly reminder to go drink Yoshitsugu's pus, Mitsunari.

What game is this?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genghis_Khan_II:_Clan_of_the_Gray_Wolf

Wait.

So all these retarded "Boost water control/martial arts/entertainment" buildings I've built are pointless? Fuck. Time to rebuild.

Neat. Thanks, I'll have to find that some time.

No, not exactly. They allow you to further develop the buildings adjacent to that building. Though different type of building require different stats to be developed properly, like the farm requires water control, but not martial arts.

>mission complete music playing
>literally every single enemy off the map
>citizen just fucking standing there
>portal won't activate

WOW THANKS KT

I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING

FUCKING BUGGED PORTAL MECHANICS

da... du du...

as dead as kongmings hope's and dreams

but still not as dead as Guan Yunchang :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=5CdJY0X63wM

I was more of a fan of this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb-3xiT2HaI

based Lu Meng (PBUH)

based fucking ziming

youtube.com/watch?v=Pqdofk3FWBs

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but years ago I had some great fan art of zhang he/sima yi, not sure which of the two it was but it was a long portrait image with a brown sepia tone and they were wearing long socks with no heels. If anyone could help me find that image I'd be incredibly grateful!

>10

how is it said?
>bee zha?????
>BEEEEEE SHA

A HIDEYOSHI SHAPED HOLE
IN MY HIDEYOSHI SHAPED HEART

BAOOOOOOOOOOO

>It's always the same voice going BAOOOOO
>even though he's in different kingdoms
WHO IS THIS MAN

A very good spy.

>tfw we'll never find out

I just realized something. Shu was more based on chanting and benevolence (memes aside), and KT is reflecting that by having so many fictional Shu-related characters in the faction. We may not get the actual historical faces at this point.

It's honestly just probably easier to put the fictional characters in since they have more free rein with how they portray them.

>chanting
Wut

the most interesting man in the world most likely

The only officer who served every kingdom was Mi Fang so it might be him.

Mi Fang was originally an officer under Tao Qian who was absorbed into Liu Bei’s army when he took over Xu Province. In 198, Liu Bei and company surrendered to Cao Cao and became part of his army.

Some time between 198 and 200 (so probably in 199), Mi Fang served Cao Cao as Magistrate of Pengcheng.

In 200, Liu Bei betrayed Cao Cao and attacked Xu Province. Mi Fang sided with his his brother-in-law (Liu Bei), so he left Cao Cao to join Liu Bei.
In 219, Mi Fang surrendered to Wu, where he remained for the rest of his life.

Is anyone else excited for Toukiden 2? It seems like its gonna be pretty fun. Not preordering though.

Bìxià - p(b)ee sya

My first experience with this kind of game was the recent berserk game. I played all the story and extra missions, finished eclipse with Zodd and am chugging through with Wyald and Guts. What other games would you recommend to me if I'm really enjoying this? Playing on PC by the way.

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition. It's also available on PC for your gaming pleasure.

SW Kojiro was seriously the worst character in that series. Musashi was pretty bad as well.

Zhang He really had some great moments in the DW series. Wasn't he teaching Xiahou Yuan to dance right before the latter gets killed? They use him as such a comedy character it's gets a bit strange when he gets a serious scene.

Double fag

i didn't know they made berserk for the original playstation

>Implying the pursuit of beauty isn't a serious career option

Best daughteru

I loved Toukiden 1. When is Toukiden 2 coming?

Nagi's nagis are the best toukiden chars

>10

Looking forward to it but I'll wait until release to see how the frame rate on Vita is

No, that doesn't stop them, look at Xu Chu and Wei Yan.

>vita

found your issue.

that censor though

For you

Started SOI with Nobuhide and I now just beat the coalition against Nobunaga. Missed some quests here and there since it's my first time, playing on easy mode, and I'm probably years ahead of the actual history.

Is there a point to see the rest of this save through, i.e. do quests until they stop triggering, then take over Nihon, or should I just start from the different scenarios after I reach them, so as to trigger the quests I missed?

Like, there was the guy who killed the previous shogun who collaborated with the current one against Nobunaga, but the event never triggered on my original run, had to start from the coalition scenario to get it.

I think I got used to how to play SOIA, I'm playing as my waifu Ginchiyo (on of the recommended playthrough). Is there something I should/shouldn't do to get the campaign she is supposed to have? For now I'm strictly sticking to the quests.
Another thing, I've been developping my friendship with Muneshige, Dosetsu and one Yoshika girl that spawned early on, should I just befriend everyone I like to obtain their trait? And aside for that what are the advantages of getting the friendship above the bare minimium to not get betrayed?

What was Tokugawa's endgame in supporting Nobunaga? What changed after his death?

I can't tell who the good guys and bad guys are in feudal Japan

Yoshioka*

The Tokugawa didn't have much choice at the time, it was about ensuring their survival. Ieyasu was waiting for his time to come, you know how his thing is to be a patient man that endured much hardships until he had a chance to take everything over like he eventually did.
If we go by the common narrative Nobunaga was the bad guy because he was insane and ruthless and Ieyasu was the good caring guy but it's mostly because he won and demonized everyone else. If you are versed in the Three Kingdoms you can kinda do a very very loose parallel with Cao Cao and Liu Bei. Nobunaga wasn't crazy for no reason, it was mostly a tactic to ensure his success and it worked damn good since he did like 90% of the work toward unification. He arguably did better for the people too since he was the first to understand that japan needed to modernize his social structure, among other things he was the first to use firearms in a grand scale battle and introduced social policies that allowed dirty paesants to climb the social ladder if they deserved it, Hideyoshi being the lampant example. Ieyasu on the other hand promptly did everything he could the ensure the status quo once he won and favored class segregation the segregation of japan itself. In the end you could look at Ieyasu like a crafty opportunist and a backstabber. So there is much point in talking about good guys vs bad guys. If we talk about the smaller factions there are some which arguably did nothing wrong, like the Date for example.

there isn't much point*

You probably should keep laying until you clear the game first, as it helps with making you feel familiar with the game, and clearing a scenario gives you achievements which unlock some hidden officers.

>Like, there was the guy who killed the previous shogun who collaborated with the current one against Nobunaga, but the event never triggered on my original run, had to start from the coalition scenario to get it.
That's weird, that event should trigger right after Nobunaga clear the quest to take over the capital.

>which arguably did nothing wrong, like the Date for example.
>Date
>did nothing wrong
I am so glad I saved this link: twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?460314-Osaka-May-7th-1615-The-greatest-victory-ever-in-the-Se-no-Japanese-history!

delet this

gematsu.com/2017/03/musou-stars-dena-yokohama-baystars-free-costume-collaboration-dlc-announced

Neat, I didn't know about this.
>In any case, because the Jinbo was a tiny clan that no one really cared about, nothing happened to Masamune.
Truly a great time to be alive.

>Though he (Masamune) was definitely aware of Xiahou Dun's story and openly referred to it when Hideyoshi asked him why he was blinded in one eye.
Now I need to know if more people in the Sengoku Jidai talked about the Three Kingdoms and how.

Romance of Three Kingdoms has HUGE influence in Asia, so any who worth anything at all probably knows the who big shots of the Three Kingdoms are.

Yeah I knew that much but I'd like to know who cited who and how, like Masamune did.

>The military tactics of the Date do not discern from friend or foe.

How come Zhuge liang even compete ?

He's Kongming, he doesn't need to compete

COOL
MOE
ONE EYED
TSUNDERE
MANLET

YOU

IMBECILE!

Should i buy Samurai Warriors 4 or 4-II? i cant really tell if its still worth playing 4 when 4-II exists. The only exposure ive had to Samurai Warriors is through Warriors orochi