Tires

What tires you guys running?

Just picked up some Pilot Super Sports for my frs. Soooo much more grip than the stock Prius tires.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pirelli p zero of course.

Dunlop Signature HP.

Hangook evo2 are pretty good for the money also.

>ruining the only good thing about the frs

BOI

i bet you cant even get sideways now

whatever used tires I can get at the local tire shop for nearly no cost

yokohama s drives

Michelin Defenders
> commuter lyfe

Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R

Can you still slide it when you want to have some fun tho?

>DR650
Kenda 270

>V-Strom DL1000
F: Shinko 705
R: Anakee Wild

>Ram 1500
Michelin LTX

>NB2
Continental ExtremeContact DWS

>NC2
Bridgestone RE760 (IIRC)

NC2 correction: Potenza RE960AS
Thanks, CARMAX.

I want to put RE-71Rs on both Miatas but I need to save my shekels this year.

whatever 4 matching that was laying outside my local garage.

742 yokohamas

>Pilot Super Sports for my frs
My nigger.

Firehawk Indy 500's, also called Potenza RE003 overseas. Amazing grip for a UHP, just a bit lacking for feedback.

Whatever the cheapest ones on sale from sams club were

Right now I got Firestones on the front and Glacial Grips II on the back. Gonna put the other Firestones on for the summer once we're clear of winter and snow.

Went from pilot super sport to continental extreme contact dws06

I'd like my tires to last longer than 1 summer

Hyped to get some BFG Rival 1.5s for the 20v mr2

You mean improving its main strength. Riding corners on rails or sliding sideways into a curb. Take your pick.

Pilot MXM4s just like came stock. They're great for DDing but still hook up when in want them to.

I just got some 255/40/18 Pilot Super Sports for my RX-8.

Wonderful tires.

I still feel surprised when I go through a curve at a speed that feels too fast without sliding off of the road.

Nice thread.

I need tire suggestions. Buying an NA8 Miat tomorrow and it needs tires. I'm in Seattle so they can be more summer oriented than all season. But they need to be good in the wet.

I don't plan on autocross or tracking it. Just spirited back road driving / dailying.

I don't know what my budget should be. They shouldn't be too expensive ideally.

Thanks lads.

>PSS
Be careful to not run over a pebble or crack in the road, they like to blow out sidewalls.

>make a tire with 400tw performance and 200tw tread life
>charge more than either
>somehow people buy it

I went from stock Pirelli P-Zeros which lasted a bit less than a year to Continental ExtremeContact DWS. They're nice tires. Almost the same grip as the pirellis, a bit less, but they're wearing way better and are more good against rain.

>buys tires that don't fit the wheel dimensions
>blames the tires
Top kek my dude.

>buys tires that don't fit the wheel dimensions
?

Maybe you should inflate your tires to the correct psi before trying to talk shit about mpss

You're worse than alphonse shitposting

Maybe whatever destroyed that wheel also destroyed the tire?

>ugh you're the worst poster on the board because you say the tires I bought are bad

I maintain vehicles of which many are equipped with PSS from the factory. I see how they wear, how often they fail, know how they drive, and can compare them to other competitors to a degree no other poster in this thread possibly can, as their sample size is either one or zero. I have no reason to say anything good or bad about any tires. They are not good tires for the money, period. Sorry for the upsetting news. Next time you can make the right move and grab some Conti Extremecontact DWs next time now that you know.

I don't know why I said DWS, I meant DW.
I realized that after I read this

Continental ExtremeContact DWS

$100 per tire for my shitbox with great grip.

>no no they're shit please believe me i know more than the tire manufacturers and sellers on how they perform

Yeah you're going to need softer tires for your bitch ass good job trying to shill a less performance oriented tires

>people trying to sell you expensive new tires will give you a more honest and accurate assessment of their own tires than a neutral party that has hands on experience with their performance and wear characteristics over time and vs. other tires on identical vehicles 50 hours a week
Sounds like you have it all figured out.

Pilot Sport A/S 3+. Love 'em, perfect for all seasons in Norcal.

Ohtsu FP7000s

Best poorfag tires desu

This. Got a set, love em so much, surprised they're as cheap as they are

>Tire has curb rash almost the entire length of the picture
>w-what shitty tires a-am i rite?

>claims to be neutral, tries to shill another tire
>muh money
Don't be a poorfag
Not that guy but you're pretty easily one of the worst tripfags who shits up threads and into the filter you go

That's a rim guard m8.

Judging by that rim, it doesn't work

Curb rash won't blow out the bead like that, I've seen curb rash so bad it's ground to the point where a chunk of the rim falls off and the tire is fine. Bubbles like that are from impacts, which the PSS can't deal with very well.

>you're a shill, even though you have nothing to gain!
>only trust the manufacturer and their ads!
>downvoted!

It's a normal wheel

No rim guards work, except the ones built in to the human eye. A tiny piece of plastic held on by double stick tape will not prevent 4000lbs of vehicle being forcibly driven into concrete

Get on my level faggots

How much did your parents pay for it?

>buys high performance tires for a car with less than 200 lb/ft of torque

why did you waste the money

Hankook Ventus S1 noble2

I don't know if they're good but they came on the car

best tires for sale currently

>Buying a fucking meme tire
>actually expecting it to be good

If you actually fell for the Pilot Super Sport meme, you got jewed. Fake reviews and paid endorsements all over the damn place.

S-04 pole positions, Direzza Star Specs, are both better choices for less money that will actually last.

Audi S3 - Bridgestone RE003s which grip really well and allow what is a fairly competent FWD car to handle pretty well.
GC8 WRX - Pirelli DragonSports, good, hard wearing every day tire with a bit more grip than your average Dunlop/continental/Pirelli P7 that when combined with an 1100kg AWD car makes for a pretty fun drive

>trusting someone from a tibetan scarf knitting imageboard over a reputable tire store like tirerack
you're clearly in denial and salty because you had bad luck with them tough shit
>downvoted
back to plebbit you go

Same. They were cheap, and they're wearing fine for how aggressively I drive, but the traction is just average at best. Going for Pilot Sport A/S3+ or whatever the newest iteration is when these wear out.

I had summer tires once, totally retarded unless you drive on a track, rock hard below 50f handled like a boat. And those were well rated. High performance all seasons are pretty fucking great, and anyone who says they're only "acceptable" in any one season is mentally challenged or some old fuck who thinks tires are the same today as 30 years ago.

How does it feel to know you paid a relative fuckton of money for those and they have absolutely terrible traction?

Seriously, what kind of autistic nigger buys any yokoshitma cancer?

>it's a normal wheel

The rim guard is on the tire you complete fucking retard. Leave Veeky Forums and don't return until you have a god damn brain cell in your head.

I thought you filtered me?
>reputable tire store like tirerack
Sure, the people you should seek advice from are online retailers that make money from selling new tires, and never see a single used one
>back to plebbit you go
But you were the one announcing to the board you are downvoting a post because it hurt your feelings.

Here, in the real world, we call tires "tires" and rim guards those aftermarket hula hoops that elderly people buy

Rim guards are the lip some high performance tires have to keep autists from curb rashing them.

I'd wager that blowout has something to do with that fresh road rash on the rim

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Veeky Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8

>thinking i'm the same guy
nope try again but surprise you don't know how to check

BFGoodrich g-Comp 2 A/S

Hows the tire noise on those? Was looking at getting those

Cumhoe (Kumho) KU39
280tw, pretty cheap and amazing grip

People don't believe me but I have vids of track driving keeping up with similar cars on

Got 4 of them sitting in my garage right now, get them put on my car Monday morning

Nitto NT555 G2

Running BF KOs. Quiet and smooth but not that great with snow and ice. Just bought a set of Nitto Terra Graps G2s but haven't mounted them yet. Excited to try em out

THIS

Me 2

Is gud

My golf has dunlop dz102's and I really like them. A lot of grip. Great in wet below 120, has a hard time expelling water. But its supposed to be a summer tire.

what are those?

What's the best hyper poorfag tire? I've heard good things about nankangs?

Ive had good luck finding second hand tires

potenza re970? i like em, got a good deal on them too with an alignment

I got those

I had Nanking whitewall on my jaguar xj6. Absolutely no grip in the wet. Found this out the night i nearly killed myself and three mates turning into a 70kph street I've turned into every day for years.

Tldr fuck nankang

Dunlop Sport Maxx RT

Bike: Pirelli Angel GT
Car winter: nokian wr d4
Car sprint+summer+fall: michelin primacy 3

The Angel GT's are worth their weight in gold. Soo much grip in bith dry and wet conditions

How do these compare to stock tires on a new camaro rs? Run flats are expensive as fuck, but did alright, i took a turn at 0.7g and im a total pussy.
I for one would rather stick to the road but i also want my tires to last longer than one oil change

>I am encorcing /b/ culture on other boards because I'm an insufferable fuck who can't into the culture of various other boards!

Cooper Discoverer AT3's

They're alright, nothing special. Got to test them in snow yesterday, and I was moderately surprised at how decently they performed in a foot of heavy, moist snow, especially being relatively mild all-terrains

Kys tripshit

>he doesnt have a set of pirelli ultrasofts to corner at 160mph
lmaoing

Im running 205/50/15 Nitto Neogens on the front 280tw

I swap my rears between some 195/15 BFG Pro comp 2's for grip, 340tw (Came on a set of wheels I bought) and some cheap 14's to slide on.

I don't know what brand these are, but they're kinda noisy.

Chinese rubber

Jeep XJ:
>Definity Dakota M/T

Miata:
>Toyo Extensa HP

DRZ:
Michelin Pilot Power

>all seasons in Norcal
don't worry bro, we had our once a decade rain, you can go back to summer tires since it'll be drought levels of rain for the next few years

>Chinese rubber
Their synthetic rubber is not necessarily 100% virgin rubber.

Arent summer tires noisier than all seasons? I imagine that's why most people dont use them, especially for dailies

>no trip
>trip shit

really activates my almonds

Toyo Proxes T1-R with the logos painted white for maximum JDM rice

How about that tread level boyos

This. P Zero Nero summer 275/40/20.

So you drive a Toyobaru?

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 in 18" 235/40 , holy shit it grips in dry. On wet you go sideways when you push it hard enough. Car is 2006 hawkeye sti

>Prius tires

Stop this meme.

Only the best :)

Dextero dht2, from original owner. For cheap chinese shit, they are pretty decent.

Dry-rotted, flat, Michelin somethings from the '80s or 90s.

the car hasn't seen pavement for a while...

>$1500 OEM wheels

direzzas

i only buy dunlop, bridgestone, and maxxis